Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 692036 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:26 AM »
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge

Goal
Through patience and hard work you come to discover the recipe for Ambrosia. Are you destined to keep this recipe a secret and never pass it down? Of course not. You are to create a Dynasty. But, know this — tasting Ambrosia and the power it offers is not for the weak. You and your descendants must earn the right to eat Ambrosia. Each of you must accomplish eight requirements. Your ultimate goal is to have eight blood-related Sims under one roof and to preserve their Dynasty forever with a valuable Family Museum. The road will be a hard one, but Ambrosia’s prize is — immortality.

Creating Your Founder
Before creating your new game file, you must patch up to the most current EA patch. You must also stay current on patches for the entirety of the file.

Choose New Game and create a single Young Adult. Gender, Aspiration, and Traits are all player choice (except Bodybuilder — this Aspiration is banned for all household members). Before you start your game you need to verify... CAS Story Mode is BANNED

Options
All Gameplay Options need to remain at default settings: Autonomy (Full); Lifespan (Normal); Fill Empty Homes (must be checked)
Seasons
Length of seasons is the player's choice. No more than 1 holiday per week, 8 scheduled holidays per year, pop-ups allowed. Extreme weather is the player's choice, but rain and snow must be allowed, and the effects on Sims must be allowed.
Lifestyles: Players Choice
Whims
Show Whims MUST be enabled
Get Famous
Fame System: Players Choice
Pack Settings
All Packs>Player Choice(Unless noted)
Lunar Cycle
Players Choice

Lot Choice and Manage Worlds

Whichever world you end up choosing your choice is permanent — no moving after you set foot on your dynasty lot. Prebuilt houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.  With the addition of Newcrest, you are allowed to place "MAXIS CREATED" buildings (commercial and residential) in your dynasty.  Go into the gallery, look under "My Library", the official maxis created buildings/houses will be in there.  You can also find more Maxis creation under "Community", with EA Account ID = Maxis.

The Landgraabs are such an important family in Sims history, so if you’d like to move them into another home before you begin playing, that’s fine. After you have bulldozed their lot and return to Live mode, go to Manage Worlds > Save and Manage Worlds, then go to the top right screen and select Household Management. Click the Unplayed Households tab and select the Landgraabs, then Move Household into a Lot and make your selection.  Any sims that were originally living on a dynasty lot may be placed elsewhere.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All Immortal Dynasty players need to begin their game with $10,000.   If you have more or less than $10000 starting funds, use the money cheat to set the exact amount.

Press Command-Shift-C to open the cheat console
Type testingcheats on, then Return/Enter
Type Money 10000, then Return/Enter
Type testingcheats off, then Return/Enter
Press Command-Shift-C to close the cheat console

The Manage Worlds screen is off-limits unless you need to evict ghosts from households or re-populate the town (more rules below).
  • You are allowed to re-populate your town ONCE per dynasty.
  • Move in Sims can be a mixture of YA and/or children.  They can be EA-created Sims and/or Sims created from scratch in CAS with a blank slate - no rewards/skills, etc.
  • You must have at least one bad trait (mean, evil, glutton, insane, lazy, slob, hates children, jealous, noncommittal, squeamish, and unflirty) for each created Sim.
  • If you are moving in Maxis/EA generated families, leave their traits alone.
  • You can move in a maximum of 20 Sims, household number does not matter.
  • Gallery Sims from other players are not allowed.

Mods, Cheats, and Custom/Premium Content   List of Approved Mods
Custom Content and Premium Content are fine and are to be used at your own risk. No mods or cheats are allowed with a few exceptions: lighting mods that change the look of the game are fine; Moveobjects is fine; some bugs may creep up that a mod could fix, but team permission is always necessary in these cases.

Carl's Mods Approved List
Fertilize & Evolve All Mod

ResetSim Firstname Lastname. You may only use this cheat in the event of a stuck Sim.
Moveobjects. You are allowed to use this cheat at your discretion.
Buydebug cheat (bb.showhiddenobjects) is banned.

Heirs Rules
  • The firstborn child through natural pregnancy of any generation is the targeted Immortal.
  • In the event a pregnancy results in twins or triplets, then the first named child is the next Immortal.
  • Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.
  • Children that result from your Sim having been abducted and impregnated are not allowed to become heir.  When the child is born, the player can choose to keep the baby as a spare household member (non-immortals) or choose to return the alien baby to the homeworld.
  • Your sim that has been abducted and impregnated are still eligible to produce an heir.
  • Spouses with children from previous relationships are still eligible to produce an heir.
  • Your 7th generation must be able to get pregnant. He/she will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

Lot Trait Rules:
  • Lot Challenges>Allowed>Once Picked, They can't be changed.

General Rules and Restrictions
  • Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is considered cheating.
  • Non-Immortals can be adopted.
  • Non-Immortal household members (spouses, spare children, and other live-ins) are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals. They are free to choose any careers, skills, etc.
  • Sims can only be added to a household by being born, adopted, married, or asked to move in.
  • Vampires must be cured before they are asked to move in. No Sim in the household may be a vampire.
  • Elementals must be "Asked to Move In"
  • Gender changes: You're allowed to do any gender and/or gender customization change once during the teen or young adult stage.
  • You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots.
  • You may alter menus only in restaurants that you own.
  • Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park), Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park), Windenburg (Hare Square), and your own retail lot.
  • No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).
  • Heirs with the Public Enemy Aspiration are the only household members allowed to "help" in the deaths of non household members.
  • Cloning Machine (Science Career): no cloning ambrosia or ingredients, and cloned collectables cannot be used as museum pieces.
  • No splitting the dynasty household.
  • School-aged Heirs cannot miss school.
  • Vacation: School-aged Heirs can travel, but they must not miss school while doing it.  Young adults and older have no restrictions.
  • If a non-Immortal dies accidentally (electric shock, fire, etc.) you are free to continue playing the challenge.
  • No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes (or bassinets aging up for babies) can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.
  • Strangerville: Request for Life Extension is BANNED

Becoming Immortal and Ambrosia Requirements    Ambrosia Guide
Eating Ambrosia is the sole privilege for your Founder and Heirs who reach the Elder stage and is the only allowed method of extending life for these special Sims. Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim, or use any other interaction to demand a sim's life back, use Age-Away Serum, wish for Youthful Vigor from the wishing well, or any other methods of extending life.  Before eating Ambrosia for the first time your Founder and Heirs must complete the following eight requirements:

1. Max one career no other Heir has maxed.  (Qualified Careers List)
2. Complete two Adult Aspirations no other Heir has completed.
3. Max three Adult skills (5 level skills do not qualify). These do not need to be unique.
4. Purchase four rewards not bought by other Heirs.
5. Get five gold medals for parties and dates — all five must be a different type. Qualifying types of events are:

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten. Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died.
7. Each Heir needs to complete seven Unique Wants.
8. Contribute eight items** to your Immortal Dynasty Family Museum.  The museum must be placed on your dynasty lot.  Each Heir’s Dynasty Museum’s items need to be of a unique type, must be placeable, and either created or collected. So, for example, the Founder may contribute paintings, so Heir #1 would not be able to contribute paintings but may opt for Woodworking items. Also, items each Heir contributes do not need to be unique themselves — for example, Heir #3 contributes eight frogs to the museum. All eight could be the exact same type of frog— but no other Heirs could contribute frogs. It's really important to understand that each heir must put in all the work for their collection items. Qualifying items for the Museum include:

Challenge Team member LenaLJ worked up a nice Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Spreadsheet to keep everyone organized. Thank you, Lena.

Challenge Team member sdhoey has a Sims 4 Collections spreadsheet to help keep track of your collections in one easy to find place.

Finishing Up and the Immortals’ Museum
After your Founder and the next seven generations have each contributed their eight items** to the Immortal Family Museum, you can add up the value of these 64 objects. You can call it your final “score” if you wish, but Dynasty challenges are not about competition or placing high in a world ranking — that role is filled by the Tournament Challenges. Dynasties are relaxed and everyone is encouraged to share strategies and tips throughout their journeys.

**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute six additional museum items (for a total of 14 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

You are finished with the Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge when your Founder and the next seven generations have all finished their eight requirements for eating Ambrosia. Congratulations! The Sims 4 Dynasty Hall of Fame is eligible for all players who complete a Dynasty and follow Dynasty rules. As with the Tournament Challenges, we are all on the honor system here. The Challenge Team reserves the right to make inquiries and we can request to see a copy of your save file.

The team is always here to answer your questions, and we hope you have fun with the Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge. Good luck!
— Metro, Nutella, ratchie, Trip, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:05:37 AM »
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Rule Changes

Updates from 2014-2016

Updates from 2018-2019

Updates from 2020

Updates from 2021:

2022 Updates :

February 18, 2022 Spa Day/Neighborhood Stories Aspirations not allowed.
March 30, 2022Neighborhood Stories System(NSS) Update, Needs to be turned off.  players do need to go into Manage Households once to disable Neighborhood Stories System settings because the default setting is all ON.
April 1, 2022 -- For a new or existing dynasty, you are allowed to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households" one time only, after which they must not be changed.  Changing NSS settings for individual households is not allowed.
April 3, 2022-- Play On Long Rules Updated for IDC
April 27, 2022--Merge/Splitting HouseHolds
May 17, 2022--Sims 4 Collection Spreadsheet Added
June 21, 2022 -- Lunar Cycle and Pack Settings Added/Updated
August 1, 2022 -- RuleSet update for Whims/Wants
November 7, 2022 -- General Rules Update for Allowed Mods

The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty FAQ

What mods are allowed?
These mods have been approved by the challenge team.  If you want to use a mod but it's not on this list, please contact the team for approval.
-- Any lightning mods to make indoor lights brighter.
-- Any mods that change background color in CAS screen.
-- Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level!
-- CAS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization
-- Smaller Censor / Mosaic
-- Daily Save Mod
-- More Columns + More Swatches (Broken as of Nov. 13th Patch)

What can I do with the graves of non-immortals?
-- 1. You can keep them on your lot and deal with the ghosts.
-- 2. You can place them in substitute cemeteries (list above).
-- 3. You can carry around the grave in inventory and essentially never deal with it at all.
-- 4. You can release spirit to the netherworld and essentially removing the Sim from the game, their grave marker will vanish.

Can I use the book of life to cure negative moodlets?  Can I use the book of life for museum contribution?
-- Yes to both.  You cannot use the book of life to extend life, but you can use the book of life to cure negative moodlets and you can write the book of life and contribute it to the museum for requirements.

Can I place prebuilt buildings or houses?
-- Yes and no.  Only official MAXIS-created buildings (found in your library) can be placed in your dynasty.  Prebuilt buildings or houses created by the community is not allowed.

If I complete all the requirements before turning elder, can I eat Ambrosia?
-- No.  You must wait until the elder stage before eating Ambrosia, even if you completed all the requirements.

Can I purchase Angelfish and Deathflowers for Ambrosia?
-- Yes and No ---- No, Angelfish must be caught via fishing by your sim. Yes, the Deathflower can be purchased but it must be planted as a seed and grown in the garden.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SpiritPink

• Llama Wrangler
  • I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every moment
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
Yay! It's Official!!!

*runs off to start game*

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
yay! gonna start right away! :D good luck everyone!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Ohh, I am torn! Should I continue with my legacy or start a dynasty that's the question....

Offline SpiritPink

• Llama Wrangler
  • I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every moment
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 10:43:18 AM »
Ohh, I am torn! Should I continue with my legacy or start a dynasty that's the question....
Start a Dynasty!!!  ;D

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »

I will do both :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »
I'm doing a combination for a bit of fun...  using all of the rules from the Dynasty challenge, but with the house rule that I have to use the trait generator from the legacy challenge.  Good luck everyone!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 10:51:03 AM »
  • School-aged Heirs cannot miss school.

I thought this got removed?  I do see the rule about needing the aspiration and the grade both for extra museum peices got added.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »
Kids don't have to get an A if you don't want the extra museum pieces, but they still have to go to school everyday.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »
Simfulicious is correct.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »

"Prebuilt houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself."

To clarify: are rooms downloaded from the exchange, or the ones that come with the game, allowed to be used?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
Rooms downloaded from the exchange -- Allowed
Rooms that come with the game -- Allowed

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
I am definitely NOT a quitter!  So, despite the challenge of having to save more frequently than usual in order to not lose things with my constant crashes, Holly Thyme is going to build her dynasty!  It will probably take a gazillion more time to do this but I am nothing if not persistent, (read: stubborn), so wish me luck.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Rooms downloaded from the exchange -- Allowed

As long as there is no potential for players to tweak rooms to the point where Dynasty players would have an unfair advantage by using someone's tricked out room I am okay with it