Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698151 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #870 on: April 03, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »
Added:

Cloning Machine (Science Career): no cloning ambrosia or ingredients, and cloned collectables cannot be used as museum pieces.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #871 on: April 03, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Clarification:

Requirement No. 1 - Max one career no other Heir has maxed. 
Retail business DOES NOT count as a career.
Restaurant DOES NOT count as a career.
Part-Time Careers DO NOT count as a career.
You can own a retail business and/or restaurant and run the place for fun, but you will still need to max a proper career for this requirement. 

List of qualified careers:

1 - Actor 
  2 - Astronaut: Interstellar Smuggler
  3 - Astronaut: Space Ranger
  4 - Athlete: Bodybuilder
  5 - Athlete: Professional Athlete
  6 - Business: Investor
  7 - Business: Management
  8 – Civil Designer: Green Technician (Eco Living)
  9 - Civil Designer: Planner  (Eco Living)
10 - Conservationist: Environmental Manager
11 - Conservationist: Marine Biologist
12 - Criminal: Boss
13 - Criminal: Oracle
14 - Critic: Arts Critic (City Living)
15 - Critic: Food Critic (City Living)
16 - Culinary: Chef
17 - Culinary: Mixologist
18 - Detective (Get To Work)
19 - Doctor (Get To Work)
20 - Entertainer: Comedian
21 - Entertainer: Musician
22 - Education: Administrator (DU)
23 - Education: Professor (DU)
24 - Engineers: Computer
25 - Engineers: Mechanical
26 - Gardener: Botanist (Seasons)
27 - Gardner: Floral Designer (Seasons)
28 - Law: Judge (DU)
29 - Law: Private Attorney (DU)
30 - Military: Covert Operator (Strangerville)
31 - Military: Officer  (Strangerville)
32 - Painter: Master of the Real
33 - Painter: Patron of the Arts
34 - Political: Charity Organizer (City Living)
35 - Political: Politician (City Living)
36 - Salaryperson: Expert (Snowy Escapes)
37 - Salaryperson: Supervisor (Snowy Escapes)
38 - Scientist (Get To Work)
39 - Secret Agent: Diamond Agent
40 - Secret Agent: Villain
41 - Social Media: Internet Personality (City Living)
42 - Social Media: Public Relations (City Living)
43 - Style Influencer: Stylist (Get Famous)
44 - Style Influencer: Trend Setter (Get Famous)
45 - Tech Guru: eSport Gamer
46 - Tech Guru: Start-Up Entrepreneur
47 - Writer: Author
48 - Writer: Journalist

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #872 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
The team feels that it would be too easy to allow photography to count since this skill max at 5.

Wait, I was glad Photography is back, but it only have FIVE levels of skill now? Crikey!  :o

Finally manage to test this item and eating it does not extend life, the ban on eating this pie has been removed

Guess the Cowplant Milk loses its magical youthening power when cooked into a pie. :D Also, I KNEW the Age-Away serum Scientists can invent would be banned! I predicted it when I saw that it had the same effects as the Potion of Youth. You're doing good catching everything in this new expansion. Shame EA was lazy and didn't add new aspirations or traits, like they did with most of the Sims 3 expansions(I'm playing a 4x4 right now) but I guess it's because they're getting used to the new Sims 4 mechanics. I am sure that when the supernatural expansion comes out they'll try to add some new traits and aspirations. (And yes, I was part of the survey EA e-mailed out to customers for ideas on the Sims 4 expansions so I might have influenced Get To Work's conception. ^_^)

Cloning Machine (Science Career): no cloning ambrosia or ingredients, and cloned collectables cannot be used as museum pieces.

I guess cloning Sims is also OOTQ. I'm not trying to sound rude, but what's the point of cloning anyways if you can't use any clones for the Dynasty? I'd put up a general rule saying "Cloning is banned, period." But then again if someone can give an example of cloning which doesn't fall under the above rule, I'm up to debate.

I'm not trying to be a Sour Sam but trying to quell the Grumpy Guses here who DO whine about the bans - if you don't like the rules, don't do the challenge. You can do a legacy or play 'for fun'(a term bandied about here) but don't drag everyone down. There are people who love this sort of tough challenge and I love reading about the attempts. The mods create the rules to ensure that those that DO do this challenge show a wonderful story about how they won the challenge; if we let everything be allowed, then there would be no challenge and no accomplishment for finishing. It's like the Gen-Oners of Pokemon whining about how these new mechanics in Pokemon suck and how Red and Blue were the best generation. I don't want to hear it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #873 on: April 03, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »
Not to sound like one of those whiners Etnafan was talking about, I'd like to know WHY owning a business is not considered a career.  I haven't played it enough to understand the why of it but I was the one who asked about it in a PM to Nutella.  So, Nutella, can you explain the why? 

So far I'm finding owning a business a lot of fun but definitely a lot more work than just having a go to a rabbit hole job!  Getting folks to buy is very time consuming.  I decided to open a bakery and while I made a ton of sales, only one of them was an actual bakery item.  It was interesting and fun to find all the hand painted pictures I had hanging for decor, (and for sale), sold at higher than otherwise possible prices but the goodies stayed put.  Easter Eggs did not move either.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #874 on: April 03, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
@EtnaFan666
Cloning sims is not out of the question, household members can be clones.

@Joria
In real life, yes retail business is a career.  However in this game, how would you determine when your retail business is max?  There is no levels associated with retail business. 

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2015, 06:23:27 PM »
I guess cloning Sims is also OOTQ. I'm not trying to sound rude, but what's the point of cloning anyways if you can't use any clones for the Dynasty? I'd put up a general rule saying "Cloning is banned, period." But then again if someone can give an example of cloning which doesn't fall under the above rule, I'm up to debate.

Why would cloning sims be out of the question, exactly? I mean, if you can think of how it could seriously mess with the dynasty rules, bring it up. Otherwise, they'd probably be deadweight in a household, but if someone wants to play with them, it's their dynasty.

As for other things, you can clone anything else for any reason. Make money off cloned collectables, clone potions that aren't potions of youth, etc.

Beyond the basic rules, I'd rather leave an option open somehow than just issue a complete ban. At least for dynasties, anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #876 on: April 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Thank you, Nutella.  I hadn't gotten far enough in playing retail to find that out, so it makes perfect sense.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #877 on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
Having an alien as a spouse and/or the parent of an heir is NOT banned, correct?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #878 on: April 04, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
Unless you can find a reason why they shouldn't (extended lifespan or something that really could break a dynasty), then it's fine. Apply that rule to any life states introduced later on too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #879 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:25 AM »
I hope I didn't offend too many people by my 'rant.' I just want people to know that I play different from most of you - I use cheats - so I can't ever be in Hall of Fame. At first I was upset about it, but after trying to do the challenges I envy you people who can micromanage needs and not have Sims nearly dead from starvation or dead on their feet because you made them burn the midnight oil all the time. I have a mental disorder that makes it impossible for me to be patient or focused, so it's hard for me to focus on one thing at a time. Even now I am trying to play The Sims 3 a game week at a time as it's boring watching one of my Sims fish and I am just ripping my hair out and saying 'come on, give the [edited-Metro] birthday alert for her so I can age her up and marry her to her housemate!!!" - If I messed up on the rules of the 4x4 and aged up her parents to old age early, I don't let it bother me because I am not posting the story. I've been playing for fun because my other games are boring right now and I want her parents to DIE so I can move out her stupid sisters and their imaginary friend partners but I want them to get pregnant first so they can populate the town!

It doesn't help that my computer tends to flip me off every now and then by flashing the little light to lag the processing power. And no, don't say "just de-frag the computer", I talked to my gym trainer about that, and he's an expert on computers and said the only way I can fix the situation is to delete all my folders and do a factory reset. *sigh*

My life (and that wall of text) aside...

I mean, if you can think of how it could seriously mess with the dynasty rules, bring it up.

I don't think many people have seen the animated Star Trek cartoon, but in one episode, the Star Trek gang rescued Spock from this crazy guy who used a cloning machine to clone himself so he would never die. I'm worried people would try to clone the Immortals to save their Dynasty - if the original accidently gets killed, they have a backup to take over!

OF COURSE, BEFORE YOU REPLY, I forgot that I read your guide on the Cloning Machine and, even if the Immortals clone themselves, those clones couldn't take over as they have no skills or job, so it'd take more time to get them up to snuff.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #880 on: April 04, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
Even now I am trying to play The Sims 3 a game week at a time as it's boring watching one of my Sims fish and I am just ripping my hair out and saying 'come on, give the [edited-Metro] birthday alert...

Please try and not imply vulgarity by putting symbols in words. Yes, it's better than typing the actual word, but we all say the word you're implying in our heads anyway, and we have kids on the forum who read posts. Thank you.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #881 on: April 04, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
I'm just wondering how an alien abduction of an unmarried heir might roll... if that heir then becomes pregnant from the abduction. Would the resulting alien nooboo be the heir for the next gen even though it was out of the players control?

The reason I asked was in a fun game I'm just mucking around with my sim was indoors when the abduction happened.... even though he had to run outside etc etc to be abducted I couldn't cancel the action. This could make for a real plot twist in any dynasty. lol

*edited, not so much an unmarried heir... but a young adult or adult heir with no children as of yet*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #882 on: April 04, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
I'm just wondering how an alien abduction of an unmarried heir might roll... if that heir then becomes pregnant from the abduction. Would the resulting alien nooboo be the heir for the next gen even though it was out of the players control?

The reason I asked was in a fun game I'm just mucking around with my sim was indoors when the abduction happened.... even though he had to run outside etc etc to be abducted I couldn't cancel the action. This could make for a real plot twist in any dynasty. lol

*edited, not so much an unmarried heir... but a young adult or adult heir with no children as of yet*

Not really answering this but you can avoid alien abductions by building a satellite dish on your lot. 

From Crinricht:

"Solution

You can invent a satellite dish if your Sim is a scientist. The dish has an option to turn off alien abductions for the lot it's on.

SateliteDish

You can also buy the dish through the buyDebug menu if you don't want to make the invention.

Follow these steps:

Open the Cheat Console with CTL-SHT-C
    Type bb.showhiddenobjects and press ENTER
    Search for Satellite Dish
    Buy it for around §400"

Of course, I think the bb.showhiddenobjects is banned, is it not?

Meanwhile, I've been messing around trying to get a new dynasty started.  I can see where this iteration is going to fail because I've made several strategy/thinking errors.  I got a boyfriend right away, Don Lothario is a push over.  I moved in the Landgraabs because I wanted their money.  I joined the Scientist career.  Trying to micromanage an unemployed boyfriend, a teenager, and two adults with different time schedules from mine is a nightmare.  On the bright side, I'm learning a lot about the career and can see where you could quickly achieve several aspirations at this job.  The error was first in creating my Sim, not suited for this career, and getting the Landgraabs right away.  Don was not a bad idea, (I don't think), but the Landgraabs make it really difficult.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #883 on: April 04, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
Thanks heaps for replying Joria, my scientist sim already has a satellite dish but I was just wondering what the official rules might be around alien abductions resulting in pregnancy etc.  :) I mean it could happen with your founder right at the beginning and not everyone will want their founder to be a scientist etc etc.
Personally I think the first born child is heir regardless if alien resulting from abduction or not.... but, you know, that's probably my story-telling side wanting drama!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #884 on: April 05, 2015, 04:33:53 AM »
Thanks heaps for replying Joria, my scientist sim already has a satellite dish but I was just wondering what the official rules might be around alien abductions resulting in pregnancy etc.  :) I mean it could happen with your founder right at the beginning and not everyone will want their founder to be a scientist etc etc.
Personally I think the first born child is heir regardless if alien resulting from abduction or not.... but, you know, that's probably my story-telling side wanting drama!  :P

Well, considering that the rule is
Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

an abduction pregnancy can't be the heir (except for the final Heir of course).

I see the likely ruling as "The alien baby isn't the heir, hope you have room in the house left for the actual heir", with a slim chance of "Sorry, you failed due to circumstances beyond your control".