Author Topic: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 27708 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
This thread is not for questions.   All questions need to be done at the official Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty thread.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
Some basic Tips:

1. Remember your sim needs 5 Best Friends and only 1 BFF. NOT multiple BFFs. This is what began to mess me up originally!

2. In terms of the whims - Remember that you need seven different emotions. Check here for a full list. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22227.0/topicseen.html#msg394815

3. Try to choose two aspirations both from the same category. It will help.

2. Later in your dynasty - I know no one will get this far yet - don't allow your sims to beg for the soul of a sim (grim reaper). If a sim dies take it as a blessing!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:59:06 AM »
One tip from me to all of you is that if you keep the angelfish in your fridge you better clean out any food that has gone bad manualy since doing it with a sim will take all the spoilt fish along with the spoilt dishes.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
Dangit, I wanted to be the first to post here!  ::)

Anyways, some helpful tips from The Wizard League. ^_^

(1) You need to get out of your 'fisher/gardener/cook' mindset you had with TS3. Now that nobody has to have unique skills and having all your heirs master the same skill isn't instant PHAIL, you can have everyone help with the Ambrosia. Everyone who isn't busy can fish for the angelfish, and have everyone work on whims to get the Satisfaction to make Ambrosia. Since we can't store Ambrosia indefinitely like we could in TS3(upgraded Food Replicators no longer exist), we have to constantly make Ambrosia, so we have to make a lot of death flowers, fish a lot of angelfish, and get LOTS of Potions of Youth, so we have to get lots of Satisfaction points. Potions of Youth aren't cheap, ya know! So delegating roles to everyone(except cook because it will take a lot of work to master both types of cooking).

EDIT: Forgot that the Master Chef aspiration has a trait that lets the cook make food that can be kept indefinitely. Still, you will be eating Ambrosia so you have to make it more often than not.

(2) While I enjoyed the thought of having a gallery of paintings detailing the life stages, it is nice that we no longer need to panic if we fail to paint a life stage. In fact, we don't even need to paint portraits at all - instead we have the "Life States" collection requirement, which is easier to handle. So stop trying to get Level 7 in Painting! It doesn't matter anymore!

(3) Finally, have fun. Tell a story. Enjoy the trip. It is easy to rush to the end but you won't enjoy it. Try to have your Sims do fun things to keep them occupied, think about stories you want to tell, just enjoy! You wouldn't have gone to this challenge if you weren't pumped for it, right? ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 03:07:29 PM »
Two things I have learned from my current attempt and my old one.

If you intend to do the curator aspiration it is a good idea to have a completed collection before you do it.
For the angling one if you choose to put fish in bowls you only need one fish and one bowl since you can add it, remove it and add it again until you have the 15 needed for the aspirations.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:42:11 AM »
On aspirations : leave both Fortune aspirations as free-for-all.

Once you have the Mansion Baron completed, further sims just need to switch to it momentarily to complete it for a instant infusion of satisfaction. From that point on, sims that age to Teen can pick their real Aspiration (to get the trait associated with it), switch to Mansion Baron for an easy 4500 aspiration, and then switch back. At that point they will have enough points to pick a major reward - I would suggest Never Weary for the extra 6-8 hours per night it frees up.

Fabulousy Wealthy is just things every sim is going to do anyway, leaving an easy 4675 Satisfaction available for everyone.

And finally, occasionally just go through them all selecting each briefly. You may find some free points from things you have already done - just make sure that you don't accidentally FINISH the final stages on ones that are for set aside for other Immortals.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
Some thoughts on parties. I always have things prepared, usually the day before.
At least two cakes in the fridge, a few party sized food dishes, mixology drinks. This just helps with those last minute goals that get thrown in like 'have 4 sims eat', make a toast etc etc.
Be organized with a sim that you control to 'be' the chef. Begin the cooking goal the second the party starts and cancel any chatting with other people, there will be time for the chef to chat once they've finished cooking.

With a simple goal like 'have three sims dance/play a game' etc try to do that the second the party starts with your household sims. As soon as the goal is 'ticked off' cancel the game/dancing etc and get every family member working on the big goal which is usually something like talk about something 12 times.

Be prepared for your own sims to be exhausted etc. It doesn't matter! The parties aren't so long that they will starve or pass out etc. better to have all their needs topped up before the party but it's not always possible with work etc.

Try to keep the guest list small unless you are comfortable with chaos.
The pause button is your friend. Pause a lot and think about what each of your sims is going to do next. Un-pause, let that happen and hit the pause again. Rinse and repeat. This is about getting gold, not pretty game-play!

If you run a great party and your own sims are still fairly good re: needs... order up a second party straight after the guests leave from the first party. Just make sure you still have a stock pile of the basics (Cakes, party sized food, mixology drinks). Sometimes it's better to just grit your teeth and get it over and done with.

I never empty my fridge of food , drinks etc as I WANT my guests to help themselves! Often those eating goals are completed by my guest helping themselves so why stop that!
I have my 'chef' sim standing at the fridge so he can grab the chopping board (ingredients) immediately the party has started and he rarely gets stuck unable to open the fridge because of guests helping themselves.

If guest sims are being annoying... get one of your own sims to begin dancing then click on (all/some of) the guests one by one and 'invite them to dance'. Gets there fun up and keeps them out your way to do whatever it is that you need to do! If you then suddenly need the guests to eat or chat etc, just do your Watcher thing and turn the radio off! Sims can't dance if there's no music.

Once you've got the gold medal don't feel bad about ending the party early, the sims don't care and that can allow you the time to get two parties done back to back... or to get your sims to bed in time for work the next day.  ;)

By basically doing these simple steps all my parties are gold. (In my legacy game too) I've only missed one gold medal and that was due to a game glitch in the Black and White party where sims are actually unable to 'listen' to a piano. So I know it works.
Hope this helps someone!
Happy partying.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
About parties -- Playalot's suggestions above are all great, but I would add the following: Start having them early and throw them as often as possible until you get your 5.

You need to have at least 3 sims under your control, so your dynasty founder will need a helper in addition to a spouse.

With regard to the black-and-white bash, Playalot had a glitch with listening to the piano, and I had one with listening to classical music, so I would not recommend that type of party. Also, your goal is to talk about black-and-white things with your guests. Complimenting them on their color combination works, and you'll get that option more frequently than the joke about penguins and discussing zebras.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
An easy way to get money early on in your legacy is to marry/move in a household. If you only want to move in a spouse, then make sure they are living alone, you make a lot more money that way. If you want helpers too (which I recommend for parties and stuff) then find a household with two or three people (however many helpers you'd like) and move them all in. Don't only move in part of a household because you won't get any money that way.  My founder married Johnny Zest ("Zest Johnny," as he's called in-game) who is a single Sim living alone and got around 23,000 Simoleans when he moved in. :D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
If you want better-than-Agnes money along with all the built-in helpers you can move in the Caliente/Lothario household. They brought over $180,000, and they are doing cooking, mixology, gardening and painting. Great helper group so far.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
Another great helper group that I used in a practice run is the Spencer-Lewis-Kim household.  They brought with them over $300,000.  And Dennis has gardening skill already, Vivian has cooking.  Eric can be used to fish or have him go to work for more money.  Olivia and her mom Alice can just help where needed.

Though I did find it a bit overwhelming to control that many Sims right off the bat, so in my actual current attempt, I moved in a spouse for my founder first, then later, after things had already gotten started, I added Eliza and Bob Pancakes which helps quite a bit.  So it really depends upon how comfortable you feel with a lot of people right away.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »
Though I did find it a bit overwhelming to control that many Sims right off the bat, so in my actual current attempt, I moved in a spouse for my founder first, then later, after things had already gotten started, I added Eliza and Bob Pancakes which helps quite a bit.  So it really depends upon how comfortable you feel with a lot of people right away.

Yep, I briefly considered moving in the Spencer-Kim-Lewis or Calientes, but decided to keep things small in the beginning. I'll try the Pancakes household :)

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:11 AM »
For your teens, if their birthday happens to fall on a weekday, have them do their homework so that when they go to school the next day they have a higher chance of ending the week with a B grade.

example: child turns into teen on Monday, game says they start school on Tuesday, Teen does their homework on the Monday and starts working on more skills/aspiration/whim stuff before tuesday, then spends the rest of the week following the same sort of pattern (up to you) and at the end of the week your teen has a higher chance of getting a B grade.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
Following on from Franki's great advice - if your child gets an A in primary school - then they start with a B in highschool and they only need to do extra credit 3 times to get an A.  This helps getting more pay when they enter the workforce.  ;D

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 08:56:50 AM »
Adding on to KTK10's advice (this might be more well-known), if a teen gets an A in highschool, they automatically start at level 3 of any career. So you might wanna get on that!

The friend requirement should be one of the last you try to complete. I and a lot of other people here on the forum have had issues with the game randomly culling Sims, causing relationships to disappear. Also, with the way relationships deteriorate, leaving the friend requirement for later is wise. You won't have to worry about maintaining the relationships or things like friends randomly dying or removed from the game.