Author Topic: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 28052 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:28 AM »
@oshizu

I think she meant cheating as in cheating on spouses/significant others.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2016, 01:20:18 AM »
@Lisa46  You can complete the Mixology aspiration by having your sim work in the Mixology branch of the Culinary career, which for a Dynasty is considered a different career.  Which means one heir could do Culinary: Chef branch and a later different heir could do Culinary: Mixology branch and still be within the rules.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2016, 01:30:52 AM »
Also some other thoughts, just so other players know, the 7 whims can be completed in a single sim day very easily if you are running short on time. Just make areas that have different auras and manipulate your sims this way rather than having to wait for emotional moodlets to wear off.

I would also advise not having your founder concentrate on fishing but rather leave that skill for a later heir as children and teens can fish meaning later heirs have longer to work on this. Of course this depends which lot you choose. If you have started on the 'easiest lot' Willow Creek, then fishing is right on your doorstep and your sims will not need to travel to do this.

Remember to leave charisma as a 'shared skill' in your planning (not that skills are exclusive) but so that each of your heirs can take advantage of the charisma based 'phone for a bonus' interaction which, if used correctly, almost guarantees your sim a small work boost. In my completed dynasty every heir maxed charisma in their Teens to allow them to get their first work boost the moment they had completed the L4 work requirements on the day of their YA birthday. (Level 4 due to connections reward.)

I would also leave Serial Romantic and Soul Mate as shared aspirations as both these aspirations can be completed in a sim day and are very easy for point raking. Serial Romantic can take two days depending if your sim has access to the reward potion Moodlet Solver. The Serial Romantic aspiration can be completed by a teen too so that is an easy way to get some points to buy the Connected reward.

It all comes down to planning ahead, as long as you have enough careers, aspirations and Satisfaction Points to cover all the requirements you should be set. *Famous last words  ;) * The interesting part is watching how everyone plays a dynasty a little differently to everyone else.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2016, 02:32:09 AM »
@Playalot both aspirations require a decent amount of dates, which can be difficult if you're trying to get other things done at home. But yeah, they're both pretty easy.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2016, 02:57:24 AM »
@Playalot both aspirations require a decent amount of dates, which can be difficult if you're trying to get other things done at home. But yeah, they're both pretty easy.

All my heirs complete them in a day, I just put a day aside in the weekend and race through them. :)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »
Once your sims have high fishing skill they are more likely to catch angelfish with no bait.  Send your bunch of elders off "fishing together" for the day, I guarantee they'll come back with at least one each.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2016, 03:43:57 AM »
Everyone may already be doing this, but I have been using the cheapest large fish tank for storing my angel fish. Each tank takes 6 fish and it works out cheaper and more space efficient too! Haven't tested it completely, but I've noticed that my fish don't go foul either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 09:13:19 AM »
Because I am super forgetful I have made storage rooms for all my sims so I don't inadvertently claim a collectable for the wrong immortal.
Please follow the forum rules.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »
When I start another Immortal Dynasty, I will definitely be storing my angelfish in one of the Trick or Treat storage chests: Ornate Beauty and Buyers Beware.
Each chest has only a 1x1 footprint but can hold mucho angelfish (I wouldn't stock over 99 though to avoid inventory glitches).
I doubt whether the chests keep the fish fresh, though, so if freshness is an issue (e.g., when making ambrosia as a museum item) this chest is not for you.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »
Those chests can be used to store everything but spare parts just remember though that the more you put in them, the more it taxes the game so your load times will go up.  But yes they are absolutely awesome!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Would a good rule of thumb be to not put more stuff in them than one would store in family inventory?
Mostly, I love the small footprint!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »
About pollination, it's not enough to have a pollinator in your dynasty household as many generations as your household size permits.

A pollinator needs to keep "visiting" each townie household you wish to save, until he's left at least one daughter (for the next-generation pollinator).
A household with only pollinator-created sons will eventually die out.

Add variety to your dynasty's gene pool by inviting an elder into your home as a short-term pollinator.
If you have another empty space, the pollinator could even adopt a boy child to use as a future pollinator instead of (or in addition to) that elder.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »
Remember to always be aware of how many available spaces are in the house when later generations are pregnant. Moving in an elder when generation six is pregnant will ensure no surprise multiples. A generation 7 set of twins would be an automatic fail.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
So I learned something new today that I think would be great for everyone to know that works on dynasties.  I'm completely patched up, have been working on the Collecting Challenge without making a new folder and went to play the Grims just because I missed them.  I loaded into their game and remembered. "Oh I should put on aging before I hit play"  and the settings for my dynasty were still there!   I went back to main menu, loaded into my collectors game and the settings for it were still there, too!    Completely different settings per save file?  It might be because I set it all up in the game file and not the options menu prior to starting a new game.

Re-Posted from IDC thread.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 07:13:55 PM »
@ratchie but doesn't household space already ensure no twins for gen 7? You have 6 immortals plus one spouse. So I guess it is possible to have twins if the spouse dies before the birth but otherwise it should be fine.

Bottom line, don't invite Grim for a visit until after the baby is born.