Author Topic: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 27956 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
The friend requirement should be one of the last you try to complete. I and a lot of other people here on the forum have had issues with the game randomly culling Sims, causing relationships to disappear. Also, with the way relationships deteriorate, leaving the friend requirement for later is wise. You won't have to worry about maintaining the relationships or things like friends randomly dying or removed from the game.
Agreed, the friends part of the requirement will for my dynasty always be the last one I complete (hopefully that is) due to the issues mentioned above. But also due to learning from the sims 3 that leaving it for last will give you more time to focus on the other ambrosia requirements.

Also if you do intend to complete the Public enemy aspiration it is best to get it done soon since there seems to be issues with low population at later generations.
And since you need both enemies and friends for that sim and getting relationships back on track once you have made an enemy of that sim is more likely to more trouble than it worth.
Read up on career promotion requirements so that you can have them done soon or right away thus not delaying the promotions you sorely need for your Immortal to be.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Once one sim discovers the entrance to the hidden areas, any other sim in town can go directly to the hidden areas without having to answer the questions asked when you first discover the areas.

example: Sim 1 answers the promts to get into Sylvan Glade and now has access at anytime. Sim 2 who is not in the same household as Sim 1, can now enter Sylvan Glade without having to follow the prompts Sim 1 had to answer.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
Plan your aspirations and careers carefully! Be aware of the very common problem of neighborhood death. After a few generations, you probably won't have any more neighbors, and making friends will be more difficult. Social aspirations like Public Enemy, Serial Romantic, Party Animal, and others need to be done early in the challenge when there are still sims for your heir to interact with. Certain careers also require social interactions. Save aspirations and careers that don't need a lot of interaction from other sims for later in the challenge.

Also note that Friend to the World is currently bugged such that it cannot be completed, because Sims can only have one BFF, and one objective requires 5. Keep this in mind while planning.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
Also note that Friend to the World is currently bugged such that it cannot be completed, because Sims can only have one BFF, and one objective requires 5. Keep this in mind while planning.
Poffin its not totally true, it can be completed, just requires you to loose the friendship with the former B.F.F before you can get a new one.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »
Just some ideas that I've been thinking about...

1. Re-seeding the town... Populating the townies households by having a male sim in your household that is not related to your dynasty family make nooboos with the in-house female townie sims. This way many of the townie houses will not become empty allowing those aspirations that require neighbours and clogging of sinks etc to still be available later in the game. Also allowing the possibility of friends outside the dynasty house as townies in houses do not get culled. Fact.
 (Thanks to MarionT and from here thanks to, I think, Trip who has this tip in the TS3 dynasty tip section but I couldn't find it)

2. Having the reward 'marketable' as a free for all as there are a few objects for the museum that will benefit from the higher price this brings. I thought it only related to painting so I gave it to my founder!

3. Moving in elderly sims before trying for baby to rule out multiples, unless that's what you want of course. I think that while multiples can be good early on....also could be the end of your dynasty in later gens if you're not careful.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 09:50:45 AM »
The house in Willow Creek has easy access to a river with angelfish, as well as Snapdragons, Lillies and Apples growing nearby - the only Ambrosia ingredient you don't have easy access to is Cherries.

This differs to Oasis Springs, which has Cherries (and maybe Apples, but I'd have to double check - they're easy to get from seed packets, though, anyways) and not much else, and it certainly requires travelling to get fishing done (at least until access to the Forgotten Grotto is obtained).

Strategically, you're much better off starting in Willow Creek.

---

I feel that the tips about "do such-and-such aspiration early" aren't entirely useful because of just how many there are that you're going to want to get done early. The Deviance, Popularity, Serial Romantic and Big Happy Family requirements are all going to be tricky later in the game, but then again, maxing certain careers unrelated to those aspirations could also be tricky without friends.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
If you plan to go back and forth between two aspirations, be aware that some actions won't count unless you're actually signed up for that aspiration. For example, if you have goals like "get to level 8 in cooking" and "cook 20 excellent meals," you'll make progress on getting to level 8 no matter what your current aspiration is, but you have to have the Master Chef aspiration to get credit for the meals you're cooking.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 11:31:01 PM »
If you want your elder sims to get some exercise without risking a visit from grim, have them swim laps in the pool, gains exercise and fun while avoiding tipping the scales in favor of grim.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 01:14:31 AM »
Okay, I know this is a question and this isn't exactly the place for questions but it relates to a tip.. in a way.. sorry for it being in the wrong place..

how do you change the heading on your post, like some have the title plus update and others just have the title.. it seems like something handy to know so that when reading the topic, you know who's posted something new...

I'll PM you the answer on this Franki  :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:58 AM »
If you are trying to build the skills programing, gaming, rocket science or logic. There is a mixology drink that requires level 8 mixology skill and the emotion "Focused". It's called the Amygdelight.

It gives the drinker 4h, +2 focused moodlet, together with +2 to the effective level of all mental skills and a bonus to leveling programming, videogaming, rocket science (+25% each), and logic (+50%).  Which is a huge bonus that will help your sim level up very quickly indeed. Particularly to logic... 50% Wow!

My Tech Guru sim has been drinking one every morning before work and so far has had a promotion everyday (She also has done all the other requirements as well.) As well as using them to level up the skills at home.

There is more about this on this thread. (just scroll down a bit for Amygdelight)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22386.0.html

The above percentages are thanks to  Darkwalker  who looked at the tuning files. (Thanks @DarkWalker  :)  )

*edited: Sorry. I just realized I hadn't posted here about the mixology drink 'Snaggle Fluster". I thought I had...
This drink totally rocks, it has a huge boost to all skill learning. You can read about it on the same thread I've linked to above.  :)
The Snaggle Fluster is harder to get than the Amygdelight as it requires level 9 in the mixologist career. Anyway, everything I've found about it is on that thread.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »
Just to add about the Parties, If you get the 'Listen to Classical Music' one, have as many sims as you can listen to classical music on the stereo, it may come up as 'Appreciate Classical Music'. if you are going to hire out the catering and mixologists, and you get a task to make black and white cookies or bake a cake, then you need a controllable sim to do it, if the caterer does it then it doesn't count.
as it was said before, the pause button is your friend, use it to knock as many tasks out as fast as possible so that you have time to do another one should the first attempt not go so well.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 08:28:50 PM »
Alright folks, I am going to place this warning here: beware the card table.  There has been an issue with it becoming corrupt.  I almost lost my last Dynasty attempt because of it.  Luckily, I found an old save I didn't realize I had.  Hopefully, the next patch will fix it.  But until it does, just be aware.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »
Question - just to check, elder males can have kids correct?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
Question - just to check, elder males can have kids correct?

Correct.  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »
A couple of things to add for those who have OR:

Cloudgazing and stargazing seem to build friendships very quickly as compared to other social interactions. Also a new reward -- Incredibly Friendly -- speeds up relationship building. Stargazing also gives a +1 Inspired moodlet that lasts 6 hours, and cloudgazing's moodlet lasts 4 hours.

The Sadness Alleviation Lotion can help with sims mourning. I imagine the other potions can be helpful, too.

It's hard to get a gold medal for the Weenie Roast. One annoying thing is that you don't get credit for roasting marshmallows if it's done before the requirement shows up.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything