Author Topic: Ingredients/needed list showing up blank  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Ingredients/needed list showing up blank
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »
Hi

Not sure whether I'm posting in the correct place, since this is a bug that came about since I installed GTW. When I look at the ingredients needed to create the serums in the Scientist career, the list is blank except for the herbs and some random (2/2) or (0/2) but no indication of what those needed requirements are. I also have a blank option when I click on the computer but I'm too scared to click  on it in case it borks my game even more. And when I click on the time clock in the active career to work late, the options that come up are blank too... And I sometimes get blank notifications. This is confusing me but I'm hoping there's a quick fix that won't include me having to do a complete re-install or lose any of my saved games.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ingredients/needed list showing up blank
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »
Hi Mags,

seems this issue is a known bug. Over on EA's answers HQ or bug reporting forum, there are some answers. I haven't had this issue myself so I can't tell you what works exactly but if you scroll down through the posts there looks to be two possible ways to deal with it. People posted that the solutions worked for them.

Might be worth repairing your game before doing anything else though and clearing out the cache file. Then hopping back into your game to see if the problem is fixed. I hope this helps.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:17:03 AM »
hi Play,

I feel like such a derp lol. I didn't even think of Repairing or cleaning cache lol. I'm going to try that right now after I check the link to HQ you gave me.

Thanks so much and i will see you in your stories ;-) which are awesome by the way <3

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:31:12 PM »
Well, I just replied to the "Fix" thread in the forum. I started to follow their instructions, but I do not have a sims 4 folder in my C/Programfiles86/Electronic Arts,

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 10:56:20 PM »
@Sonshine

I'm assuming you have the digital download version? Depending on what version of the game you have [32-bit or 64-bit ] you have you'll want to look in either of these folders:

C:\Program Files\Origin Games (32-bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (64-bit)

This is where the download version installs by default.

FIX: Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

1. Close Origin (Click on "Origin" again and click "Exit")
  2. Navigate to Origin's game install directory:
Depending on what version of the game you have [32-bit or 64-bit ] you have you'll want to look in either of these folders:

C:\Program Files\Origin Games (32-bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (64-bit)

3. Click on "The Sims 4" folder and press F2 and rename to "The Sims 4 Backup"
  4. Open Origin again
  5. Origin should think Sims 4 is not installed! This is normal. Click on Sims 4 and click Download. Accept all the popups asking language ect.
  6. The game should now say "Downloading: 0%". At this point, close Origin again (Click Origin > Exit)
  7. Go back to the installation folder and DELETE the new folder that says "The Sims 4"
  8. Click on "The Sims 4 Backup" and press F2. Rename this back to "The Sims 4"
  9. Open Origin again.
10. Origin will recognize the files and force an update on the game
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 12:49:29 AM »
Oh you know what? I don't have the downloaded version of the base game. I have the dvd version. That might be why I don't have a sims 4 in that directory. It just hit me now that it was for the digital version of the game! Do you know if there is a fix for the dvd version?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:59:07 AM »
It sounds like it'd be the same path. With Sims 4 Origin it's controller regardless if you install via disc or download. So it should (?) be the same fix for both versions of the game. As far as I can tell.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 05:23:41 AM »
@Sonshine did you clear cache and repair the game through Origin? That fixed it for me. I think I also ran CCleaner too to clean up the registry files. I find those 3 things tend to clear up a lot of the minor bugs. I don't like messing with the install folders since I'm a total computer know-nothing and I'm always scared I'll break my game beyond repair!

Edited to add: I also have the DVD version of the base game and my install files are found in the Origin Games folder.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
I cleared the cache, but could you give me a link  to how to the cc cleaner and how to repair my game? Thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:20:23 AM »
Run Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download (Standard Edition is Free)
-- This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used.

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

----------
Repairing Sims 4
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401672.html#msg401672
- Right-click on whatever pack or you want to and select Repair Game. Then go back to Base Game, and right-click on it and select Repair Game. This helps repair game and it's packs

----------
Delete Game Cache
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401662.html#msg401662