Author Topic: Ctrl-Shift-C not working (Cheats Not Working) *Fixed!!*  (Read 194705 times)

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
Ctrl-Shift-C not working (Cheats Not Working) *Fixed!!*
« on: February 26, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
Hi all. I don't know if anyone can help. I have an MSI Apache pro GE 6QD laptop which runs the sims 3 and 4 on ultra settings brilliantly. The problem I have is that the cheat code does not work on sims 3 and 4. I am guessing that it could be something to do with the steelseries  light up keyboard but I have no clue how to sort it out. Or it could be something else but I am a bit technically challenged lol. Can anyone help.

*Solution*

Try different key combo such as: Ctrl key on the left side along with the Shift key on right side with the C key all together. This should work in both Sims 3 and 4.

This is not really a bug, but a issue that players run into. In the post linked below, you can find some tips on how to fix the problem.

Troubleshooting Ctrl-Shift-C Not Working / Cheats Not Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23632.msg411671#post_CNW

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Ctrl-Shift-C not working (Cheats Not Working)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:52:56 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here. Usually when this happens, the combination goes to another program. For instance for my screenshot program, it originally used ctrl/shift/c to take a snapshot. I had to change it to something else. Look to see if you can find out which program uses that combination.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »
Thank you for answering Sonshine. I have not come across another program that uses this combination so far. I will go through all the programs though and see if I can find one. My hunch is that its something to do with the keyboard which is programmable but I haven't a clue what to do with it lol. Thank you again  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:55:52 PM »
It may also have to do with a screen capturing program. If you have one of those on your computer it may not allow you use Ctrl-Shift-C in the Sims games.

You may need to make sure you are in Live mode.

How To: Turn on Testingcheats
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23632.0.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
Thank you Mrs Flyn. As far as I'm aware I haven't got any screen capture program. I also have been trying the cheats in live mode and also in sims 3. its so frustrating. I have also tried to repair game with no joy. I must be missing something really simple lol.

Edit I have also tried a clean boot with no joy

2nd Edit Well I have spent all day doing some digging for a solution and I think I have found it.  ;D

For anyone else that may have this problem you need to
Press ctrl on the left side along with shift on the right side then c.
 Hope that makes sense .it may take a couple of attempts for the box to stay up but it did eventually.

Thank you all for helping me. Now going to see if it works in sims 3  ;)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »
A couple of silly troubleshooting questions I hate asking, have you tried restarting the computer and then reloading the game?

If you play with mods/custom content move the mods folder out to the desktop and try playing the game to see if that helps?

Trying to get those questions out of the way, so we know those have been tried. :)

If you've been able to use cheat console in the past in either Sims 3 or 4 and it's just been recently that it's quit working. Have you installed any new programs recently, since the cheat console stopped working?

What I'm thinking is there may be another program that has the same key combo as the Sims. What program is causing conflict is what we want to know, so we can fix it.

Try running a Clean Boot as this will help with stopping any other programs from interfering.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

----------
Reference Links:

Sims 4 - I can't bring up the cheat window/console
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-I-can-t-bring-up-the-cheat-window-console/td-p/3439141
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 04:49:37 PM »
We must have posted at the same time Mrs Flynn lol. I have found the solution see my 2nd edit above.

Thank you for your help though  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
Thank you for posting to try using different Ctrl, Alt, Shift keys to help the problem. As I found that as a suggestion as well.

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »
No problem mrsflynn. I found out its something to do with newer keyboards.
I can also confirm that it works in the sims3 as well. :)

Offline animexXxkoibito

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 05:48:31 PM »
Thank you Mrs Flyn. As far as I'm aware I haven't got any screen capture program. I also have been trying the cheats in live mode and also in sims 3. its so frustrating. I have also tried to repair game with no joy. I must be missing something really simple lol.

Edit I have also tried a clean boot with no joy

2nd Edit Well I have spent all day doing some digging for a solution and I think I have found it.  ;D

For anyone else that may have this problem you need to
Press ctrl on the left side along with shift on the right side then c.
 Hope that makes sense .it may take a couple of attempts for the box to stay up but it did eventually.

Thank you all for helping me. Now going to see if it works in sims 3  ;)

THANK YOU! Oh my goodness, I have been searching for a good while now. I wanted to give up. Bless your soul. lol
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline emmmmmaxo94

• Nooboo
Re: Ctrl-Shift-C not working (Cheats Not Working) *Fixed!!*
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »
Mines not working either!!! Please help :(

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 12:01:01 AM »
I think this might be a bug ... for some people anyway, as I had this problem and I don't use any screen capture programs, in fact, I play offline and disconnected from the internet, so I have no programs running when I play Sims 4. Is there a bug report for this? ???

I found that exiting my game, restarting my laptop and going back into my game fixed it, for me. Have you tried repairing the game? I had to do that to get rid of a few old bugs that returned with the Toddler update. If all else you could try reinstalling everything, a pain, I know but it often fixes things that repairing the game seems to miss.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
It's not really a bug, but a issue that players run into. In the post linked below, there are some tips on how to fix the problem.

Troubleshooting Ctrl-Shift-C Not Working / Cheats Not Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23632.msg411671#post_CNW

However, there is a post about this at AHQ:

Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-I-can-t-bring-up-the-cheat-window-console/td-p/3439141