Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 154777 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
@Nettlejuice I don't know if it will actually make problems but I also got new people shortly after I got rid of some of the ghosts so I was worried that was preventing new people from moving into the neighborhoods.

@oshizu Thank you.  I didn't want a hangout that was down in the basement and there was no reason to really put a big outbuilding in the yard plus with it being a "room" outside like that I can move it around as I need to and with no roof I can see the kids playing no matter who I'm working with in the house.   And what I mean by room is I used one of those square building tools that does a room with no walls but has like a floor and then colored the floor grass colored so that I can actually move that entire thing as one big movable object.    And yes Artie is hilarious and I know everyone missed him so I followed him for a bit.  And he does swagger. No matter how much in a rush I want him to get somewhere.. he always just swaggers.

Simonis - You ready to do this Ria?
Aria - Not at all. 
Alistair - Mom's afraid of getting old!
Artie - There's nothing with becoming an elder in this family.  It means she's that much closer to getting her ambrosia.
Aria - Yeah.. though that may take a while
Artie - I know I know.  Now I have a surprise for the old people in the group.  Aria why don't you go inside.  It should be in the music area.

Aria - Mom!
Melody - Oh my baby girl is so not a baby anymore.
Aria - I know.  How did Daddy pull this off?
Melody - I'm still contracted to be a musician apparently.
Aria - I could make a comment about how you're always taking Daddy's money but I think another hug is in order.

Aria - Alex!
Alexander - Aria! I can't believe it's your elder birthday.
Aria - I know me either.  I think I spent too much time in the woods.
Alexander - *snickers* Maybe just a little bit.  Is Margaret here?
Aria - She's outside with the others.
Alexander - Then I'm going to go while you see your other present.

Reid - Hey there little red!
Aria - Oh he got you to come too?
Reid - Yeah and who am I to resist Artie throwing money away..
Aria - *chuckles* I'm glad you came to my birthday.
Reid - Me too.  You ready to do the cake?
Aria - No.  Of course not. How about you go see that son of yours though and then we'll all celebrate.

Margaret - Daddy!
Alexander - Hey baby girl.  Surprise.
Artie - hehe *internal:  I'm so good*
Melody - Artie..

Reid - *Whispering* I don't think he's noticed me yet.
Aria - "Hey Markus!
Markus - *still talking to the twins*
Aria - Alistair, Ash looks it's Gramma
Twins - *drops conversation and runs to torture the old man and his ghost wife.*
Markus - Hey!

Reid - Hey kid.
Markus - Hey you're finally the same color as me.
Reid - *chuckles*  So I am.  It's good to see you.  I hear you finally free of the room.
Markus - I am!  Got a new job.. getting out of my room.
Reid - Just make sure you're happy son. 

Simonis - You can do it!
Aria - Of course I can.. I just don't wanna.
Simonis - Just get it over with my love.  Then we can dye our hair together.
Aria - This is going to hurt.
Alexander - Only a little bit.
Alistair - C'mon I want cake!

And with a twirl...

..she breaks her back.

Addy - You're looking a little dazed there.
Aria - I'm feeling a little out of it.  Is it bad?
Addy - Not too bad.  Your hips are a bit wider but that could be the angle you're slouching in.

Aria - You.. Me.. A closet and some hair dye.
Simonis - Oh I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Ricanote:  And this is why I think all of my spares are going to learn music now.  Having them as the musicians for a party?  yes please.  Also, I want you all to know I've been tempted to have a chat room going with Origin but then I realize I tend to get lost in my Sims game..s o that wouldn't work.. or would it?  Haha it's so hard to tell sometimes.   Another update is right behind this one if I can manage it before dinner.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
What a wonderful way to celebrate Aria's birthday, with all the family. I've seen ghosts as options and I may now invite them if it's someone I really want.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
That was such a heart-warming update!
Aria celebrates her elderhood with all the former household members that you've led us to know and care about.
I'm unclear--so when you, I mean, Artie went to plan the party, your ghostly loved ones all showed up as musicians for hire?
That's really a fantastic discovery.
Awww, Simonis and Aria in the last shot! Their facial expressions are too cute--they're so in lurv.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
@Nettlejuice and it's really easy to teach everyone the three skills if you have someone who has maxed them too.  That way they can be called for any instrument.  Though I haven't figured out how to call someone to be a DJ yet.

@oshizu I called to do the party but only three of them were there (Bella!, Melody and Cassandra) but when I click on the individual instruments and say "Hire.." that's when most of them showed up.  I had Melody there for piano, Alexander there for Guitar and Reid there for Violin.  I tried to hire for multiple guitars/violins and it would only let me call one entertainer per instrument type. 

And Yeah they were doing this whole body melding thing and it was the cutest picture.  I forgot to take a pic of them with the new hair though. Whoops. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
You should be able to click on the DJ booth to hire a DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
I can hire one but not a specific one.  Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Birth of Club Pollinatin' aka The After Party

This is the guy that made it so you couldn't see most of the party guests.
This is Dmitri and yes he's very pale pink.  I forgot to lock the house from guests and he set up shop in the open room instead of in the party area.  The reason I have a picture of him is not because of his ability to keep people away from the fun.
Margaret - So.. you single?
Dmitri - Why yes.. yes I am.
Margaret - Me too!  You should hang out after work.
Dmitri - I would love that!  *didn't stay.. wouldn't come back*

Margaret - *Rushes in for the kiss*
Jimmie - *Surprised!*
Margaret - You're so.. blue.
Jimmie - Weren't you just flirting with that other guy?
Margaret - Do you want me to stop flirting with you?
Jimmie - No no.. We just can't be good friends.
Margaret - I don't want to be friends.  I want to be something else.

(( Pictures speak for themselves  and yes she wasn't even his friend when this happened ))

Margaret wasn't the only one in an amorous mood though.
Markus - Well Helloooo Nurse.  I mean Sharon. 

Markus - *right after kiss*  You have the best eyes.   Let's go to the sauna.

Markus - *still in towel*  You have some of the prettiest skin.  Let's go to the sauna.

Markus - *stops trying with Rachel and starts trying with Brynn* 
Addy - You could have at least had her leave the room before woohooing someone else.

Ricanote:  So after reading wfgodot's Behren dynasty and seeing Adrien's club.  I decided to try it.  I'm still catching up on stories but when I started Club Pollinatin'.  I found that if Woohoo is one of the club activities that you don't even have to say hello.  Just immediately try for baby.  And Markus did that.. with four different women over the course of 6 hours.  It was genius.  So I give credit to wfgodot but if others did it then you're geniuses too and sorry I didn't notice.

Next - Babies and Children.  Lots of babies and children.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
I love the updates, Rica, especially the ones where you show the birth of the different clubs. How many clubs can you create and how many can be active at the same time? Can the one person be a part of multiple clubs?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
@Deklitch Each person can be a part of 3 clubs at a time.  They can only be an active participant of one single gathering.  However, that being said.  I think it's as much as your lot can handle as far as how many active at one time.

The house club = Dynasty House.  Artie is the leader and it's pretty much ongoing 24/7 for happiness and skill boosts. Their symbol is the diamond that you see above people's heads in my pictures.

Aria has a club, Aria's Peeps, that made it easy for me to keep track of her friends.  Never convenes except at her birthday party because I don't want Jimmie accidentally becoming friends with someone in the house thanks to all the friendship boosts/max charisma people in the house. Their symbol is the skull.

Air & Ash have the Kid Club.  This is active pretty much every afternoon now that they've maxed charisma.  I should probably push for other skills but eh.  They're little kids and I'll get the skills done we all know I will.  They have the jester hat for a symbol.

Markus is the leader of two clubs.  Reid's Brood has the rainbow symbol and it's all of his 6 brothers and sister plus his mother, Cara.  I tend to have it active every few days to check on people and just have them be in the household.
Club Pollinatin' has the romantic symbol, lips with a rose, and it had Margaret in it for a brief time plus the four women recently featured as well as himself.  Once Jimmie had been shnookered into woohooing with Margaret, she was kicked out to allow for Miss Belinda who the boys invited over.  Little scamps.  Every day for the last Sim week I've had Club Pollinatin' going so I could check on the women and make sure Markus did his job.  It only has women of color in it's ranks and when we got an unexpected new one she joined too.  I plan on changing the club to My Brood - Markus's kids once all the women finally pop. (hopefully he won't have more than 7 but you never know).  If he does I can always put Bridgette out of Kid Club and throw in an extra kid there since she's in Reid's Brood.

On average, at the moment I will have Dynasty House, Reid's Brood, Kid Club and Club Pollinatin' going all at the same time.  Unfortunately you only get the boosts for the club you're actively in the gathering for I think.  Which  means while Kid Club is going and Ash/Air are participating, they won't get all the skill boosts I already have in Dynasty House that Kid Club doesn't have yet.  But they can quickly get points needed to purchase those I hope.  Or that's the plan.  I'm still new to them honestly.

Edit to add: I also have Old Fogies Club that Artie uses to check on old people when I was using them for potions of youth farming.  And I've had one or two others that I do randomly.  Plus I keep checking the ones the game naturally puts in place to make sure it's not using ghosts from the past.  Artie and I are trying to stay on top of those.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Woohoo & Nooboo is what I call my pollinator's club, I love that the clubs allow this feature without having high relationships with Sims - saves so much time  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 62
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2016, 05:05:29 PM »
Woohoo & Nooboo is what I call my pollinator's club, I love that the clubs allow this feature without having high relationships with Sims - saves so much time  ;)
Awesome name. And yes.. it really does.

Artie - Uhh.  Margaret is there something I should know?
Margaret - You mean you're not omnipotent and you don't actually know everything.
Artie - Or maybe I like to let you guys have some privacy?
Margaret - Uh huh.  What do you think is going on?
Artie - You ate the three plates of grilled cheese needed for the fatty aspiration?
Margaret- I can't believe you!
Artie - Hey you insulted me first. 

Artie - So I thought I would come over here and find our your intentions towards my grandsons.
Rachel/Little Hebe - *choke* What?  We're just club friends.
Artie - Uh huh.  I don't believe for one second that it was all just a coincidence.
Rachel - What are you talking about?
Artie - I'm watching you. 
Rachel - You realize that your grandsons invited me.  Talked to me first.
Artie - Of course they did.  You're blue.  I'm just warning you.  That's all.
Rachel - Thanks.. I think.
Artie - Here I want to show you something though.

Artie - And then you jump and make this face and noise.
Rachel - *mimics*
Carson - Uhhh

Air - If I win, I get Rachel when we age up.
Ash - Good thing I'm going to win then huh.
Air - Not if I can help it.
Ash - I didn't even think you liked girls.
Air - I like everyone.

Of course.. after all the fun and games it was time to do homework.  Bridgette lended a helping hand to one of the boys after she finished her own.

Even though their last conversation had gone badly.  Margaret still let Artie take some pictures.  There are a lot of people we regret not getting photos of so we're trying to make sure we get everybody.

Artie - Did you ask Aria to tell you what it is yet?
Margaret - I kind of want it to be a surprise.
Artie - No matter what you have.  And I don't just mean this because of the rules but I'll make sure your child has a happy life.
Margaret - I appreciate it.  I know that a family and all that won't really be possible.  We're getting to the middle of the dynasty where space gets tight.
Artie - And Simonis is your cousin. I'll make it work.  Though in full disclosure.  Having a boy would help that.
Margaret - Maybe. 
Artie - And you know this is going to be a weird child.
Margaret - Go away Artie..

Artie - *chuckles to himself.  Managed to get Margaret all ticked off right before the baby daddy showed up*
Margaret - Jimmie!  What are you doing here?
Jimmie - I came to see Aria and wanted to see how my child was doing.
Margaret - Oh no.  I told you I don't plan on us being even remotely close to friends.

Jimmie - But you're having my baby!
Margaret - It's MY baby.  You're a pollinator.  Now act like one and stay out of our lives!
Jimmie - I'm not that kind of alien!
Margaret - You are now!  *walks away*

Speaking of Pollinators.  Club Pollinatin' was officially in session to see how the ladies were doing. 
Addy - She's almost too pale.  If she doesn't start showing soon I'm kicking her out for just being that blinding!
Markus - Don't do that!
Belinda - Huh?
Markus - Don't forget about me ladies..

And here is a good pic of Markus and his four ladies.  All different colors and degrees of color.

Addy - Um.  Why are you down there?
Markus - I'm hiding.  The hormones!  The hormones and jealousy!  They all want me but don't want the others to want me and then flirt with me in front of them anyway!
Addy - *snickers*
(( He randomly glitched under the stairs during the meeting.. I think he really was running! ))

Bridgette - You going to go Rach?
Rachebe - *daydreaming*
Pale twin - Uhh.. it's your turn.

Addy - Aww I can't kick her out.  But someone get this woman some meds.  She is clearly highly infectious.

White Twin - Flarn!
Rachebe - You're supposed to knock it down not blow it up!
White Twin - Don't even know how that happened.
Addy - Another one should appear soon. 

I leave them alone and come back and this is how they divided themselves.   One twin gets all the older women.  The other twin plays with his little friends.

Margaret - *groans* Argh my back is killing me.
Addy - If you're nice long enough to ask, someone might be able to give you a massage.
Margaret - Maybe I'll meditate that helps.

Can someone explain to me how it's not possible for you to do normal yoga but it's safe for a pregnant lady to float in the air?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 62 (18May)
« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2016, 05:37:56 PM »
"I'm not that kind of alien."  Poor Jimmie.  *laughs anyway
Why is Margaret being so bad-tempered?

After seeing how the kids' club split into two groups: Maybe the pale twin is lining up his ducks for a future Club Pollinatin' Redux?

Sims 4 genetics question: Does the pale twin still carry a recessive gene for red skin? Could he, for example, "be with" a purple female sim and have either a pale, red, or purple kid?

(And I hope Photobucket plays nice with you again soon)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2016, 05:44:02 PM »
"I'm not that kind of alien."  Poor Jimmie.  *laughs anyway
Why is Margaret being so bad-tempered?
Artie says Hormones.
I say - It's not that she's trying to be mean but Aria hasn't actually eaten ambrosia yet and no one is allowed to do better than friends with Jimmie.  He's her BFF.  Or she has to find another one.

After seeing how the kids' club split into two groups: Maybe the pale twin is lining up his ducks for a future Club Pollinatin' Redux?

Sims 4 genetics question: Does the pale twin still carry a recessive gene for red skin? Could he, for example, "be with" a purple female sim and have either a pale, red, or purple kid?

(And I hope Photobucket plays nice with you again soon)
Photobucket seems to be behaving now.  All the images are back to normal size.  If anyone is still having issues I hope they let me know.  I have a friend telling me to swap now but mid story that seems like a big neck pain.

As for the genetics.  I would think that it might be possible.  But I'm not actually 100% on how the genetics work in this game like I knew in Sims 3.  And I've never downloaded S4PE to actually read the code like I did before too.  I worry that he may have too much pale in his genetic makeup (All of Simonis's family except his dad) but I'll cross that bridge later. 

And about the other question..  I'm going to sit shifty eyed because I have some updates and information to share with you guys here soon rofl.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2016, 05:45:13 PM »
Can someone explain to me how it's not possible for you to do normal yoga but it's safe for a pregnant lady to float in the air?

To quote the Australian movie 'The Castle'

"It's the vibe of the thing."
That's the answer, especially when its something that is too difficult to give an answer that makes sense. LOL

Does maternity wear get assigned to pregnant sims in Sims 4 like in Sims 3?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »
In Sims 4, you don't have to change clothes.  The clothes you wear adapt to the pregnancy belly like they would if you went from being a stick to the StayPuft Marshmallow Man.   I mean I could give them new clothes if I wanted to do the loading screen but my loading screens are already starting to get a little long so I'm concerned in that regard.  Besides it allows Artie and them to cause mischief while I can't do anything about it!

anything