Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 156440 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 62 (18May)
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
Pregnancy really suits Margaret, at least Jimmie wants to be an active part of their baby's life. That pale woman is so bright, is she a light bulb or something? Do we find out which of the boys won the game?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »
Pregnancy really suits Margaret, at least Jimmie wants to be an active part of their baby's life. That pale woman is so bright, is she a light bulb or something? Do we find out which of the boys won the game?

Yeah he's no DBBD but I'm worried about him ruining Aria's requirements.  Though I think we finally made it in the clear ;).  And she's actually one of the pale pinks that come with the skin pack and she just.. glows.  I think her hair makes it worse.   And I remember who but there are many games that the boys play like this.

Randomly last night I decided to use my blog to throw my Artie updates on for outside sources.  I have friends who aren't into Sims as much as they are into my writing and wanna read.  Plus the font format on the blog is larger so I'll have it available for my fellow seasoned or just blind Simmers.  (I'm a little of both!)  With 62 chapters under my belt and a Klepto challenge to finish no more updates for a few days.  I will say if anyone can't wait that long to learn which one is the heir.  You can always friend me in Origin and I'll have a chat room open to just chat. (That's how Shannon was able to accuse me in person of killing Milo.)   I work on the computer so having origin up for long periods of time is a weird habit.  Almost as much as using any other IM source haha. 

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2016, 02:44:45 AM »

Crouching Tiger - They're coming for us.
Hidden Dragon - Umm.  Who?
CT -  Them!
HD - Which them?!
CT - The fireflies.
HD - Oh not this again. Let's call the troops and distract you.

Rawr!

Club - yeah I can't watch this.. This is gonna be bad.

Addy - *groans*  That hurt to watch.

Ericka Finn - Hey Rach.. you might want to get out from in front of the boys so they can watch the movie.
White Twin - Nah we're good.
Raphael (Long hair) - Yeah our view is great.  We're totally not complaining.
Jamie/Twin - *snickers*

And now for something completely different...

Artie - Oh come on.
Margaret - What's wrong.
Artie - Someone stole the computer in this room!
Margaret - I'm about to pop and you're worried about checking your email?

Artie - Oh.. I see Markus was very good to you Doctor.
Brynn - Shh.  I have to concentrate.
Artie - Sure..

Margaret - Oh.. she smiled at me.
Artie - That's just gas.

Artie - I think she's a little sleepy.
Margaret - I am too.  Let's go home little Scarlet.
Artie - You forgot me.
Margaret - Who are you again?

Just like his father before him.  Markus was the first one cuddling the baby after I come out of the loading screen.
Markus - You're so sweet and cute.  I wonder if this is what my own twin daughters feel like.  Though I probably won't visit them as babies.  But when you all grow up, we can have you all over to play.  Does that sound nice?  I think that sounds nice.

Sharon Hauser, the deep red violet, just had twins - Angelique and Carolyn. 

And yes we put her outside.  They don't get happiness points anymore but this made her accessible to everyone so Rachel, Ericka and Bridgette can all help if they're going to spend hours here.
Addy - Hey.. it's okay little one.  Someone will be by soon to take care of you.  In fact the race has already started.  Old Man Goth seems to be in the lead with Little Old red lady is coming in right behind him. 

Addy - Oh! It's Margie Behr for the win and that is finally a clean diaper folks!
Aria - She's not funny.
Simonis - She's your relative.
Addy - I can hear you, you know. Could always suddenly make your hair gray and change all your clothes to horrible messes.

Simonis/Aria - We love you Addy!

Aria/Simonis - *flirtyflirtflirt*
Artie - Oh come on you two.  There's a little one watching.
Addy - They're not listening.
Artie - I've noticed but we have a birthday to do in an hour before I go to work.
Addy - I know.  Did you hear the twins ask for separate parties?
Artie - Yeah.  Alistair wants to throw Ash a party for his first party.
Addy - It's sweet. 
Aria/Simonis - *still flirtyflirty*
Scarlet - *just coos and gurgles at the wind*

Addy - Hey!  You put your hand through her bassinet!
Aria - Shh.. baby's sleeping.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Ouch, Artie, Lana knows exactly how that feels. I chuckled at the boys enjoyment of Rachel dancing and the view  ;) I have to wonder if Scarlet is named so because she will have red hair.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Actually that was the red twin.  Whose name you guys will learn very soon.  :D  You'll also learn which one is the heir, what color Scarlet really is.. All the fun nicknames will be gone haha.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Hahaha, the little boys watching tv and talking about "the view"!

Artie's antics never fail to make me laugh--he's just got such great facial expressions! And you interpret them to maximum effect!
I was surprised and confused that Margaret would call her baby "little Scarlet" when Jimmie's a blond and her hair isn't red (esp. compared to Big Red).

I'm so curious about the color mod you're using. Are infants a "particular shade of pale" in the bassinet so you can kind of guess which ones will be rainbow? Or do you just hope and bake?
Oooooh, just gonna wait for all the unveilings!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Hahaha, the little boys watching tv and talking about "the view"!

Artie's antics never fail to make me laugh--he's just got such great facial expressions! And you interpret them to maximum effect!
I was surprised and confused that Margaret would call her baby "little Scarlet" when Jimmie's a blond and her hair isn't red (esp. compared to Big Red).

I'm so curious about the color mod you're using. Are infants a "particular shade of pale" in the bassinet so you can kind of guess which ones will be rainbow? Or do you just hope and bake?
Oooooh, just gonna wait for all the unveilings!
I chose the name Scarlet for a reason I can't remember now.  It was probably at like 3 am on a night I was supposed to have been in bed long before that and needed a name and didn't have one handy.  Probably a mix between having a color name, scarlett johanssen and the fact that everyone in Margaret's familial background has had names that worked well with the last name Behr.  I was going to name her Ginger Behr or Goldie Behr at some point during that night, I remember that much.  Of course.  I could have named her and meant to change it and forgot! ( It's been known to happen ) And it's too late now.  I put it in the story.  Though.. Sims can change their names so you never know!

The color skins I use pretty much use the palest nooboo color as far as I can tell.  Which unfortunately is also the same color as the skin tone for all the Goths.  They don't have a designated color in bassinet so there is a lot of hoping and baking.  But in the cases like Reid's babies, he was darker skinned and all of his kids were just like him until Bridgette who came out a white baby.  That's how I knew she was going to be purple and Markus, too. 

Though I had hoped that Margaret would be one of the alien colors when she was born.  I have no idea what Jimmie looks like under the blue disguise.  Or.  I didn't at this time in the story ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Ricanote: Part of me is kind of sad that you're about to see the below picture. The game is over, the truth is out there and all the fun of making up nicknames is over.  Actually at this point you're probably looking at the below picture and then remembering to read what I've written.  Don't worry. I've done it too.  Without further ado, the mystery of which one is the heir is now over...

Mother,

Well it's officially happened.  The boys have hit their teenage years and I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.  As a united front they came to me and the others and asked that Alistair get his cake first.  We're not really holding much of a party as much as a tri-club meeting where everyone gets to watch him put on his new set of clothes in a fit of sparkles and become a young man.  I can tell already that he's so much like his father with a little of the chin that we got from the Holder side.  Ash is a spitting image of his father if it wasn't for the red skin, of course.  Once it was agreed upon that we would do the separate parties so that Alistair's first could be for his twin, they also surprised us by saying that they wanted to see if Air could get an A and help Simonis with his Successful Lineage aspiration.  Despite all of the signs of insanity that cannot be dismissed, I can see now why Big Red calls them the Little Geniuses.  You'd never know just how smart they were if you didn't hear what they were really saying.

So we did it just as the sun was setting in the backyard on Saturday evening.  Big Red had to go into work eventually but he said as the Boss it was okay that he was a little late.  The rest of us watched in fascination as the cute little boy with the pale skin and dark red hair stretched and spun around into the young man that was Alistair Grim, the heir of generation 3.

There was something about him that had changed and I knew I could sense but wasn't sure if the others did.  It wasn't just the hormones that were now obviously going to be in full force and then some, but this intangible extra was just behind his eyes.  Of course, we all have it in a way as Grims, don't we?

As the night progressed and people were set about their tasks, waiting for Air to get the level of programming he would need to hack the school.  In the kitchen there was a moment of clarity about quite a few things.  Our second immortal was almost upon us.  Just a few more remedies was all it would take.  And a new friend since one of the former out of this world Artie Stalkers passed back into the void.  With the boys aging up, it just seemed like a time of reflection.  Simonis' time with us is short. He's sure to get a notification any day now. 

That moment turned back to one of normality as the stove got a firm talking to.  If it didn't start producing better results, we were going to using the other one more often instead.

Some things seemed to happen at the same time earlier that just showed that life will never be dull on this lot.  Air shocked the world by reaching level 4 and broke the computer.  Now he's getting a little handiness in him before trying those graves.  Let's hope he has his mother's luck and not his father's.  Margaret came home from work, went upstairs to take a bath and then immediately came back down to check out a weird light.  I'm thinking the driver of that ship was fishing for the wrong person since Artie was sitting right there on his meditation stool and he never even cracked a lid.  He's usually their favorite on the lot.

While we waited for the hacking to finish and Margaret to get home so we could throw a birthday party Simonis took a moment to do some collecting.  Thirty-four potions of youth were placed on the roof as part of his donation to bring up our stock to an amazing 203.  Margaret is supposed to take a bunch plus the 30 angelfish we have in tanks to start a minor stockpile of ambrosia to put in the basement. 

Alistair proved he had his mother's luck as he got that A we had all been waiting on but it didn't work.  I don't think anyone in the house is going to finish Successful Lineage but I'm not sure it matters.  The boy immediately called for a party and a club gathering all at the same time.  Taking selfies to comemorate the occasion.  We all kind of laughed at him because he still hadn't bothered to get new clothes yet.  "Not until Ash does! We're twins and should do it together."  They do a lot of things together that I think most of the world will remember for some time.  And it's only just beginning.

Just as the sun began to rise and end the night, old friends who were a little older came to congratulate the parents and of course, help with the party goals.  Cara Rupp, whom I always want to call Cara Reid, has finally become an elder.  All those kids kept her young for far longer than we had anticipated but it means she's seen her older children become young adults.  Our Simonis may not get that luxury. 

When most of the party's goals were complete, we told Ash to go ahead and do his thing.  The blue girl that I told you about, the one that looks like Hebe, was there cheering on as loud as any of the others.  Part of me thinks she's a little more partial to Ash than Air.  The boys liked to use her as incentive in competitions.  I'm sure she's aware of it but she never seemed to react to the attention.  Then again she is a snob.  And I'm not saying that to be mean, she's actually a snob. 

Then the moment of truth happened and there was a blinding array of sparkles that took little Ash from childhood.  Only to stay there for far longer than they should.  Even Big Red noticed how blinding the transition was.   

When the world righted itself, there he was, little red Simonis, grinning just like his old man.  His hair and his clothes were possibly the crueler of the jokes that the sparkles played on the two.   That's when the goal to compliment the Birthday sim came up.  Artie passed it around what we were all supposed to do.

One by one we all took joy in coming over to him and telling him "Nice Outfit." The first one caused a laugh, the second a strained chuckle.  After that we all just got glared at. Of course, we all took that in stride as well and a few more jokes were pulled.  Poor Ash. With the eating of cake, the party went gold and we were finally able to let everyone get on with their usual Sunday.   
(( Artie - Ahh my back.  His laser eyes broke my spine! ))

I even saw Big Red sneak over to take care of Scarlet who isn't very far behind the boys.  Soon we'll get to see those sweet little eyes open up completely.  She didn't get the alien coloring of her father at her birth so I'm thinking we have another pale Goth child running around soon enough.  I'm sad that she missed being a part of the boys club for kids but with all the babies that Markus is helping bring into the world, I don't think we have to worry about if she'll have friends or not.   

Well the boys have officially finished their makeovers and we allowed them to get colored contacts since everyone around here has brown eyes except Artie and they wanted something new.  I think it works well for both of them.  Alistair still has a thing for pink and purple and Ash is struggling with the fun of dressing up as a red-skinned Sim.  He's blaming the fireflies naturally but I think he found the right balance.  Now we just need to see where they decide to take themselves.  As usual there is no plan for what this generation's goals are.  It's not like things were before.  It's harder.  I've attached pictures of the makeovers for you.  I know you've always enjoyed seeing those.  Remember when I showed you Aria's and you got excited over the skull necklace?

I miss you, Mother.

- Your little girl

P.S. Obligatory addition of Artie  "Blah blah blah"  <-- I paraphrased.

Ricanote 2:  The "contacts" are CC eye colors that show up under facepaint.  I probably won't be able to use them for everyone but since the boys aren't likely to be wearing makeup I saw no fault in letting them have something other than brown.  I know they're full of it but no reason to advertise!  And I know it was not the normal type of update from me but I thought I would have a little fun with it.  Don't think I did horribly.

Coming up next - Scarlet's birthday

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Whew, good thing I reread that intro a few times, Rica. For the first, second and third times I did so, I seriously thought you were telling us you'd failed. Blargh brain. Any way, the boys are lovely, Ash really does look like Simonis while Alistair's more of a blend of the two. Hope everything continues to go well and I can't wait to see what those boys get up to and which career and aspirations Alistair settles on.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The boys turned out very cute! They are both very appealing, but in different ways.
Air looks great in his pinks and purples. I laughed at Ash's party outfit--no wallflower, he! (I've never dared choose those sunglasses, lol)
I like the use of contact lenses--they make Ash unforgettable, really.

Great job on all those youth potions!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Finally got caught up with the story. The teen boys looks great and dashing in their makeovers, especially Air. Like his new hairstyle.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Hey Rica, would you double check Aria's parties in your stats post? You only seem to have four parties listed there for her rather than 5.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Hey Rica, would you double check Aria's parties in your stats post? You only seem to have four parties listed there for her rather than 5.

It's fixed.  I had it all down in the spreadsheet correct just forgot to transfer the information.  I was missing the House Party where Alex died.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
A fantastic update! I really love how you write. I had a feeling Alistair would be the heir after you called him Air, although I will miss all the nicknames. Ash's glare could kill! I am anticipated what the boys will be up to now as teenagers. Not-so-little Hebe looks beautiful in her partywear, yellow is a good colour on her.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
As always those Grim boys are just hawt!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again rica, you are a wonderful writer.