Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81044 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge:Stork Watch, Part II (June 19)
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »
*ugly crying a la Kim Kardashian*

Two fantastic updates! Aw, Mitch, Kessy would never hurt you. At least I hope she doesn't - she has a mind of her own. I have missed Mitch in my game and I've loved seeing him here and his adorable reactions.

Thank you so much for including your first IDC family, Tao and Sara as kids were adorable beyond worlds, no wonder they grew up to be gorgeous. I remember hooking up Johnny Zest and Nancy Landgraab in my first attempt, before finding out that he's also a Landgraab xD

I love Jade! Can't believe her mum was holding her like that but it's so funny and Jade's expression is priceless.

Cuteness overload from Tao's close ups  :-*

You can use MOO to place plants/shrubs on the pool roof, you may need to use Ctrl + 9 to move them up. (When you have clearance from the Space Ranger career).
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:47 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
It's been a little hard managing 6 young adults, each with a different job. I have to make a list each sim-day to keep track of when everybody leaves for work and who has the day off.
I thought that setup would make it easier, since now Mitch (and Mina with her corner) will only need to leave to use the toilet, shower, and eat.

@LivvieLove
These two babies will not need to grow up and have kids for the purpose of this challenge. I wanted Mitch/Sara to have a boy since Mitch/Kessy had two girls.
After Karina, I'm taking a big risk in having Go/Mina give birth to a girl (grrrr, I should have thought that through more carefully). I'll try having Amanda eat cake for awhile, thank you for your concern!

@boomboomraccoon
Hehe, the challenge has definitely NOT been easy, especially during the first two generations. Now, my fourth generation sims are at work, with three close to maxing their careers.
It's definitely become relatively easier but we're still using worst-quality items. Otherwise, having access to travel, money, and space is great!
Also, I think that writing about how frustrating this challenge is (which I did a lot at the start) doesn't make good reading after a while.
Yes, I really loved Naoto! I was a wuss and never gave him the evil trait. He maxed Mischief as a child then only had to do Mean interactions during his 2-3 levels as criminal/boss.
You are writing a lovely immortal dynasty and also have the New Beginnings project. How can you juggle so many challenges at once--my memory can barely handle just this one, lol.

@Nettlejuice
I had no idea that Mitch had passed on in your game so long ago! I'm glad you're enjoying seeing him in this silly story.
Oh no--Johnny Zest and Nancy Landgraab!!! How did you figure out they were related? Relationship panel or a forum post? lol
I was trying to do the "Show off baby" social, but completely forgot that there needs to be space in front of the bassinet. That's probably why the game glitched. I was shocked to see Jade dangling there!

Oooh, thank you so much for explaining how to put plants on the pergola! Took forever to make it then I tried to place different flowers and got the "Interference from fence" error message.
I stopped stubbornly trying when I remembered the Space Ranger restriction. I'll work on the pergola again after that lock is cleared.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
The Sims Wiki page and then I read his bio. I felt so silly for not 'researching' the townies, lol.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
I only manage it because, as I am a real-life writer, too, I have too many ideas. Skipping around my challenges helps me to not write about all of my silly new novel concepts and instead to focus on being the next lady Tolkien, writing about awesome ladies with swords, (and handsome men with flaming hands) Also, I'm several chapters ahead of my Legacy, I'm just feeling terrible about the screenshots I took before I started getting serious about appearances.

I also prefer the Mischief interactions because at least some sims will laugh off some of the interactions. Good luck with the end of this, I'm already looking forward to your next story, as this was and will be done so quickly!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »
So close to the end and I'm finally commenting!  ::) But I've been following along for quite a while. Congratulations on the birth of the final generation. How does it feel? Like the Immortal Dynasty, where it's boring now that it's easier? Or is it still difficult?

I also feel bad for poor Amanda  :'(. I love the way you're dressed her, and think she'll be gorgeous once she puts on a little weight!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »
@boomboomraccoon
I'm still very impressed that you have so much imagination to go around!

@officialghosts
Thank you for reading! An immortal dynasty gets a little boring at the end, because 6 or 7 of your household members are elders with nothing more to accomplish.
In my current household, I have six sims who are trying to max their careers at the same time, lol. It is easier now than during the second generation, but still a juggling act.
And you're playing an AC now so you know how great each unlock feels: ooooh, baths and showers!!!
On the other hand, I'm not as story-focused as I could be, which makes it easier to progress quickly. I'm enjoying the heck out of this challenge and my sims! Ahhh, Amanda. She will put on a little weight soon!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Last Generation
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »
Hello, readers. 
The fifth-generation Sanada girl and second-generation Kalani boy represent the last children born in this house during this challenge, so I hope you don’t mind that I’ve completely indulged myself and included a lot of kiddie snapshots. I'm experiencing some sort of kiddie high, perhaps.

Week 22/Day 148: The Last Generation

Day 148 (Sun)

Sara leaves for work Saturday afternoon and comes home at midnight.
Go: I can’t get over how perfect she is, Mitch!  Our little Jade!
Baby Jade: Who do you think you’re looking at, Daddy? Come wrap yourself around my little finger!

Mitch: What about Makoa?  Who’s our little man!
Baby Makoa: I like you a lot, Father! Whenever I need you, you come right away. Do I have a mother?

Mina: I’m glad to see that Go and Mitch are giving our nooboos so much attention. They look positively enthralled!

Mina: Don’t you think you might scare Makoa dressed in your space suit, Sara?
Sara: I couldn’t help myself! As soon as I got home, I rushed over to hold Makoa.
Baby Jade: Oh, here’s that witch who held me upside down!
Baby Makoa: Am I being held by an alien?

Mina: I can’t believe they’ll be ageing up late Sunday night!
Sara: Sadly, I’ll miss that moment but I’ll be home as soon as I can.
Mitch has been “on call” all day. He looks pretty beat!

I knew there had to be a good reason for building such an over-sized Inspired Room! Actually, it's only a room for Inspired-Mood activities, since we can't use career rewards yet.
Mitch: You can see Mina and me, skilling at our respective “daycare stations.”
The room is directly connectd to the kitchen/dining room and toilet/shower, so it’s really convenient.
Mina: Every now and then, I’ll go sleep in my bed downstairs for a few hours right after a feeding.
Mitch: This set-up would be perfect except for the fact that the sofas have a zero comfort rating.

Mitch: Mina and I stay home from work this weekend, so we fall into the same daily schedule.
Mina: Yeah, we feed our babies, change their dirty diapers, have meals, and everything at the same time.
Mitch: It’s pretty nice, especially since Sara works such long hours!

Mina: So, Mitch, are you able to breast-feed Makoa?
Mitch: It’s so weird, Mina. Whenever I go to feed Makoa, I can only feed him a bottle. But after I feed him the bottle, I get the option to breast-feed him.
Mina: You’ve never been able to breast-feed him, then?
Mitch: No, never. *sighs

Sara: A little before leaving for work today at 4pm, I age up to an adult just to be on the safe side!
I don’t get home from work until midnight and don’t want to risk leaving early and missing my promotion.
Thanks for arranging a birthday cake, Go!

Go: Today’s also the teen birthday of Cade, the son of Uncle Naoto and his wife, Auntie Yae.
I invite all three of them over, but only cousin Cade and Auntie Yae arrive.

Sara: Cade ages up into an attractive teenager with his father’s facial features and his mother’s skintone.
I barely managed to resist the urge to drag Cade to the closet for a makeover…
Edited to add: As kindly pointed out by @Magpie2012 (thanks@), Cade's mother is named "Yae" but I incorrectly labelled her as "Mina."

Gned the Gnome: So, howzit, Mitch? Everything’s going well? I see you’re wearing a new aloha shirt—very nice!
Mitch: It’s not vintage, but the colors are nice. Anyway, having Makoa was the experience of a lifetime, definitely! Since the birth, I’ve been trying to get back to my earlier weight…
Tremain the Trashcan: You looked great when you were pregnant, Mitch!
And, you know, if I had arms, I would have totally asked you to let me feel the baby, dude!
Gned the Gnome: Riiiight, Tremain. And, Mitch, how’s work?
Mitch: I’ll get my Level 9 promotion after my next work shift on Thursday. I think I’ll max Mixologist over the coming weekend. Bar drinks for the win!

Mitch: So, Mel, what’s this I hear about you spying on me with the smartphone that Lei sent you?
Mel the Mailbox: Lei and I, we didn’t mean any harm, honest. It’s just that Mitch had already passed away in Lei’s world.
So she loved seeing shots of you smiling and laughing. I might have also sent her shots of the shirtless duo leaving for high school. *coughs
Mitch: You’ve been sending shots of shirtless minors to my young adult daughter!? What, are you the new president of Cougars Anonymous or something?
Mel: Cool it, Dad. I’m pretty sure "Tao appreciation" is an ageless phenomenon, though Tao doesn't have an "appreciation day" like Ru does. Anyway, I was not spying on you for Kessy!
Mitch: Good to know. I’ll send Makoa by for a snapshot once he’s walking, Mel. With his shirt on, by the way!

Jade (left): I can’t believe the ‘rents wait until so late Sunday night to let us out of our bassinets, Makoa!
Makoa (right): Well, I hear they had to wait until they got a birthday pop-up.
Actually, I think they cheated and aged you up an hour early because Watchette couldn’t wait any longer to see you!
I confess that it's true! So shoot me!

Jade: So….how weird that our clothes kinda match, right?

Makoa: This color really clashes with my skintone. Apparently, we don’t get makeovers until my mom gets off work at midnight.

Jade: This is such a cool room, huh, Makoa?
Makoa: Yeah, the garden is next door and the house has so many windows—it feels like we’re outside even though we’re not.

Day 149 (Mon)

Jade: Hey, Makoa, I thought we were getting makeovers when your mum got home. Why are we doing our homework?
Makoa: I think it’s because Watchette is jazzed that Mom got the Level 9 promotion and is wearing a new work outfit.
Jade: Wow, Auntie Sara, that has to be the best work outfit in the game!
Makoa: Thanks for helping me with my homework, Uncle Tao!

Jade: It’s like 1 a.m. when I finally get my makeover, but it’s totally worth waiting for.
I’m named Jade because Dad wants me to have hair like his, but I have Mum’s blue eyes.
That’s why my clothes are based on blue tones. From left to right: Everyday, Formal, Athetlic, Party.
Well, also because CAS doesn’t offer much in pastel green…

Makoa: I have Mum’s fair skin and Dad’s facial features, don’t you agree? I don’t look good in every color like Jade does.
I’m wearing mostly reds and blacks, like Mum.  From left to right: Everyday 1, Everyday 2, Formal, Party.

Mitch: Makoa is so sweet-natured—I must admit I’m a bit worried when I see him being so easily fooled by Jade!

Go: Not so fast, Mitch. A second after my little girl did that, Makoa immediately cheated right back!
Mitch: Way to go, Makoa!

Amanda: I got a pop-up today that Tao and I are no longer best friends. I wonder what that means?
I think I’m in need of a backup plan, like, immediately.
And, Watchette, when Go clears his career this afternoon, would you buy me an ice cream maker, pretty please?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: The Last Generation (New June 20)
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2016, 05:40:19 AM »
I love how the kids react differently to their fathers and mothers. The witch and the alien, lol! I can't get over how adorable the doting fathers are. Ooh, I need to see a made over Cade when you have the chance.

Cougars Anonymous, that gives me an idea  ;)

So I guess the school uniform will change again once Makoa ages up to a teen, students of that high school must be so confused but I'm sure you'll find a way of getting a topless screenshot nonetheless.

I loved the kids cheating and both fathers calling them out. Makoa looks good in that pale yellow but I think their new makeover is a vast improvement.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »
Jade the sassy baby strikes again! I can't wait to see how she acts as she gets older! The kids are both so cute. They're very funny in their "matching clothes" picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »
@Nettlejuice
I also find the fathers totally cute with the children. I'm sure it's because Go has the family-oriented trait and Mitch is the mommy/daddy! I'll go see about Cade!
Oh no, an idea about Cougars Anonymous!? Can't wait to see how that works out.  About the teen high school outfit--you know me so well, hehe.

@FrancescaFiori
It started with Chad Goth in my IDC, but you have transformed me into a closet demon! lol (not closeted...)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: It Happened in the Hot Tub
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
Week 22/Day 149: It Happened in the Hot Tub

Day 149 (Mon)

Sara: I really love this yoga and meditation room, I really do!
Go: Me, too! I had time this morning to both take a Citrus Soak bath and do a Mind Concentrating routine!

Gned the Gnome: Wow, is that how the fourth-generation Sanada heir dresses for work?
Mel the Mailbox: I remember now why I love yoga and meditation!

Sara: I’ve reached Level 7 Writing! At this rate, I just might be able to mentor Makoa by the time he’s a teen!

Tao: It’s been such a long time since I’ve had a day off, it seems!
Just a few more space missions and I’ll be done with Tier 3 of the Nerd Brain aspiration!
What? You didn’t recognize me in this spacesuit? Yeah, dark blue isn’t really my color.

Tremain the Trashcan: Do you see what I see, folks? Tao steps out out of the house and Amanda invites someone over!
Gned the Gnome: I wonder why she’s invited Paolo?

Mel the Mailbox: Yeah, I haven’t seen Paolo since Kage recruited him for The Dancers!
Amanda: Oh, you’re a member of The Dancers, Paolo? *asks to see Party outfit

Amanda: Well, I guess you are!
Gned the Gnome: Why, Mel, you hussy! Are you using Lei’s smartphone to take a picture of Paolo?
Mel the Mailbox: Yes, Gned. I’m taking a picture of Paolo in that bowtie “for Lei.”
Tremain the Trashcan: Yeah, right.

Amanda: So, Paolo, if you’re a member of The Dancers, why weren’t you at Pan Europa for my teen birthday celebration?
Paolo: Oh, yeah, that night! Kage had just asked me to join The Dancers earlier the same day.
But by the time he phoned about your birthday dance, I’d already gone to bed.
Amanda: Well, it would have been great if you’d been there dancing! *mutters: instead of my father

Mitch: As a connoisseur of fine foods and beverages, I appreciate the value of quality produce!
That’s why I so enjoy taking care of this little garden, even if it’s indoors!
Please note that Mitch no longer wears flipflops with his sleepwear! Yay!

Mitch: Who are those two in the hot tub?  They don’t look familiar. Wait, isn’t that Amanda?

Mitch: Hey, Watchette, come here, quick! Who’s that in the hob tub with Amanda?
Let me go see what’s going on, Mitch.

Hey Amanda, whatcha doing?
Amanda: Oh, who me? I was just, uh, leveling my charisma…
I see. That’s why Paolo is making those come-hither eyes and you’ve both got all that going on? *waves hand around to indicate mosaic

Amanda: So, listen to this, Paolo!
Watchette has me hook up with Tao because we’re both living here, but he doesn’t really care about me! You think I need to put up with that?
Paolo: I think you don’t need to listen to anyone telling you what to do, Amanda. You deserve someone who would treat you like his queen!
*whispers: Someone like meeee!

Amanda: Hmmph, so you think you can do better?
Paolo: Oh, sweetheart, I know I can do better!
Here you go, dear readers! *serves sliced baguette to go with the cheese…
By the way, regardless of this chapter’s title, nothing actually happened in the hot tub, just nekkid chatting.

Jade: I had such an annoying day at school!
Makoa: Me, too! I’m so tense now and need to take a bath with soaks!
Jade: Me, too!
Poor kids! This was entirely my fault. Around 2:45, I should have switched their school mode from Study Hard to Normal or Make Friends, but I got distracted by the skinny dippers.

Go: Seriously, people, did I really work all day in my sportswear? Whatever, I maxed the Start-up Enterpreneur career today.
Watchette, I’m glad you’ve been building up our assets because it’s time to go to town in Buy Mode.
Let’s replace ALL of our worst-quality furnishings wit da good stuff!

Mitch: Both kids are working on Whiz Kid first, so Go and I help them out by reading to them for two hours.
Go: Where are our wives, you ask? They’re both still at work. But Mitch and I, we’ve got this!
The two fathers take reading to their children very seriously, while the children listen intently.

Go: Wouldn’t you know it? Jade and Makoa are the first sims in our household to actually use the pool room.
Mitch: For doing homework? Why out here?
Go: These two chairs and the barstools are the only chairs in the house with a Comfort 7 rating…
Mitch: But how do the kids know that? Well, this is a pretty nice room!
Maybe if we tore down the connecting wall and added patio stuff to the hot tub room…

Day 150 (Tue)

Sara: I absolutely adore our new Comfort 10 bed! I feel so rested, even though I actually slept less!
Amanda: Since the kids have an hour before school starts, Sara and I mentor them in Logic.
Jade: Auntie Sara? Dad says if we work really hard at first, we can goof off later. Is that true?
Sara: *coughs

Tremain the Trashcan: Jade and Makoa look so serious! And it’s only their second day of school!
Gned the Gnome: Well, they need to take grade school seriously! At least until they earn that A!

Mitch: Hey look, folks! Thanks to Go, we have a new ice cream maker!
Everyone at the table alternates between cries of delicious delight and groans of brain freeze.

Go: Sara, I just don’t understand the appeal of doing homework out here! This room’s in the farthest corner of our house!
Sara: I agree that it’s curious! They like to do homework here yet they never want to go swimming in the pool.
Go: Well, they can see the pirate gym and the river from here.

Pirate lackey: Queen Jade, I see land ahead!
Jade the Pirate Queen: Cut the sails, lower the anchors, and prepare to land!  Arrrggghh.

Day 151 (Wed)

Tao: I arrive home tonight at 9pm with the Level 10 Hall of Famer promotion in hand.
Now that I’ve cleared the Athlete/Pro Athlete career, sims may purchase reward traits.
Go and I have already maxed our careers, so reward traits aren’t as useful to us anymore.
But the other adults could definitely use the Enterpreneurial trait, while the kids would benefit from the traits that speed up skilling.

Amanda especially needs to get a move on or we can’t move in the last sim.
Right, I’ve purchased Enterpreneurial for her plus Carefree because she gets tense so easily.
It wouldn’t hurt to get Great Kisser so she can max her charisma, too.

Tao: Don’t look at me. I hear she’s got someone else to help with that, which is fine with me.
I think I’ll quit my job and think of some income-generating activity that I can do at home.
Watchette would like that. *winks
I remember the Family Empire Challenge played by @KRae and the apparel of the self-employed sims, then giggle a little.

Career Recap

Go Sanada (5 days to Adult): Tech Guru/Start-Up Entrepreneur, maxed
Tao Kaneda (2 days to Adult): Athlete/Pro Athlete, maxed
Sara Kalani (17 days to Elder): Astronaut/Interstellar Smuggler, Level 9
Mitchell Kalani (2 days to Adult): Culinary/Mixologist, Level 8
Mina Arata (15 days to Adult): Painter/Patron of the Arts, Level 6
Amanda Fyres (8 days to Adult): Astronaut/Space Ranger, Level 5
Makoa Kalani (10 days to Teen)
Jade Sanada (10 days to Teen)

Hey, hey, hey! Including the unfinished careers listed above, only six adult careers and one teen career left to go!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: It Happened in the Hot Tub (June 21)
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »
I was shocked to see Paolo and Amanda in the hot tub together, the title is very misleading! Oh, Mitch has joined the Topless Gang, more reasons to giggle as I read along.

Hoorah for higher quality items, the last generation sure are spoilt. Congrats Tao and Go, Amanda could really make use of those rewards traits. Tao, don't be like that, Amanda and you make a great couple!

Is the pirate lackey Tao's son?  ???

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »
Baby Jade is my new favorite sim. And my guess is she and Makoa are going to be good friends when they're old enough to actually interact and stuff.

EDIT: ;^.^ didn't see page ten. Oopsies.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
Oh! Baguette and cheese? My favorite! I'm glad Amanda's getting a little romance (and a little ice cream!) in her life. I do think she and Tao would make lovely babies, but if it's not to be, then it's not to be. Sims really do seem to have minds of their own, especially when it comes to romance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2016, 06:48:50 AM »
@Nettlejuice
Sorry for the misleading title! "Nothing Happened in the Hot Tub" was my first option but it was too long. Now that Mitch is all buff, I changed his sportswear, lol, so yes, Topless Gang member now.

@Luna264
Haha, you dumped Naoto so quickly! Yes, they're lucky to have each other in a house full of adults!

@FrancescaFiori
I want them both to have happy endings. :-)

anything