Author Topic: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 6.18)  (Read 6257 times)

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 6.18)
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:34:20 AM »
Welcome to the Thyste Legacy! Rowan Thyste is my sim-self, basically. This is her story.

Heir Laws
Gender: Strict Equality (Alternating genders each generation)
Bloodline: Modern (any child recognized as the heir's could be eligible)
Heir: Living Will (highest relationship with previous heir/founder)

I am playing on Long lifespan, and did not have an official Pinstar Legacy Start. Also, an heir has to finish an aspiration before marriage, and must reach level 5 of a career before having a child.

Founder: Rowan Thyste
Traits: Creative, Lazy, Bookworm, Muser (Aspiring Author)
Aspirations Completed:
Partner:
Children:

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »
Gallery Credits

I filled my town prior to starting with some gallery houses and families, as well as several of my own families and builds. Here are the items I used. I might make some map screenshots later.

Houses
1.   Holiday Home by Indira_1221
2.   Starter House “Fresh” by namcia
3.   Birchwood Manor by JOL1990
4.   Compact Tudor Cottage by Ginzu19
5.   Modern Bachelor Pad by ArgYeScallywags
6.   Perfect Couple House by PaanToufle
7.   Modern Starter by TKHURLEY
8.   Modern Marvel by Jlsberg
9.   Homestead Cottage by marjia
10.   Modern House by mimiXmeg
11.   Modern Family Home by Roseonfire2727
12.   The Modern Orion by Beccis7
13.   Oneoutofthebox by Playalot

Public Lots
14.   White Box Art by Gogowars329
15.   Newcrest Town Library by swimdaily
16.   Sweat It Out Gym by korta11
17.   Parc Claude Monet (Park) by manonchat
18.   Oak Alcove Nightclub by SarahIsabelS
19.   Wedding Church by Lisagieske

Households
A.   Maxwell by latinagirl230
B.   Collins by WilMuskaH
C.   Lawrence by MahGabriel
D.   Mooney by Crimsongypsy
E.   Won by uniii5
F.   Perfect Couple by Luanfelipe345
G.   Devlin by Bethan_loou
H.   Darling by introspectator
I.   Star by Mona64
J.   Sá by the legendofbella
K.   The Simington Family by fulbber32c4
L.   Lee Family by xRe33mx

Chapter Index

Rowan (Founder)

Chapter Links
One: The First Days
Two: Up We Go
Three: Heartbreaker
Four: Searching For Love
Five: Decisions,Decisions - Plus House Tour
Six: Making Choices
Seven: The Good, the Bad, and the--FIRE!?!?!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »
One: The Early Days

Meet Rowan Thyste. She’s creative, loves books, and loves sitting down to read them. But, alas, she happens to be the aspiring writer, let her tell the story.

It’s HOT out. My new home in Oasis Springs is lovely, and I have lots of space to sprawl. But I’m hopelessly broke. And it's quite warm. Why would I do this to myself? I could be at home in Appaloosa Plains on my mother’s couch eating her good cooking and working on my aspiration there. Oh, and her air conditioning!

But, one day, the watcher came to me, and said, you remind me of myself. Would you like to start a legacy?

Silly me, I said yes!

So here I am, with the tasks I must accomplish before me:

•   Build a house.
•   Finish an aspiration.
•   Find a partner.
•   Reach level 5 of a career.
•   Produce at least one heir, of the opposite gender, somehow.

That’s a lot of work for, um, a “relaxed” sim like myself! But there’s on upside, the watcher has taken the liberty of filling all the available lots and houses, except this one, here, with single people, families, and several wonderful public buildings. Including single parents, there are currently at least 33 available sims, not counting any that are ‘currently not in world’.’

That’s a lot of cute boys and girls to choose from! Now I’ve got this lovely single bed, my shower, and a toilet, but no stove or fridge. I’m off to the park to collect some things and hopefully start a garden to sustain me while I save up for a computer and look for someone to start this legacy with.

“It’s nice to meet you, Brandi Devlin!” Oh, dear, she’s married with two children, and feeling quite flirty.

“Hello there, Julie Hassain!”

It’s day two now. I’m starving, having only found a couple of flowers, several frogs, and things called limestone and time capsules. Maybe some fruits came up with I was sleeping?

I’m finding lots of tulips.

After I plant these flowers, I’m going to a library! I’m going stir crazy without books!

*sniff* maybe a shower, first.

Today I met Sandra Bennett, a neighbor of mine. She’s lovely, a perfectionist, as far as I know. The sparks aren’t flying yet. I’ll keep you posted.

This is Roxanne Endren. She lives with Sandra and couple of other people down the street. I like her hair. And she loves art!

At the library, there was Ada Hill. We’re friendly, but she’s too old to marry me, I want a long happy life with my chosen love. I don’t care if they’re man, woman, sim or alien, but I want someone who will love me to the end.

This is Nathan Hamilton. He’s cute, but I don’t know what kind of person he is yet. Here he is flirting with me, I might as well see how we get along romantically.

He’s a tickler! Oh, and I learned he loves the outdoors. So far, so good, as I have been living au naturale for nearly a week.

He seems smitten, but I’m still keeping my options open.

It took a week! But I have a computer!! I’ve reached a level 4 in Writing. As I started my first book, a book of poems. Nathan and our flirtations cross my mind, but I don’t think he’s the one. I keep writing, and decide that after this book, I’m going to go out and visit some more neighborhoods, meet some new people.

The book had excellent reviews from the start, so I felt free to take a day or two to search for love at my own, “relaxed” pace. First, I went to a little neighborhood in Newcrest, where Ryleigh Moonstone lived. But first, I went to see someone I didn’t know. And no one was home.

There were an awful lot of teenagers around. I stopped to talk to a couple of them, and they pointed to a large manor.

“That’s the Birchwood Manor Home for Orphans & Wayward Youths. Randy Head, he’s this retired old rocker dude, thinks he can save the world. He’s an alright guy, and I’m not wanting for anything, I’m lucky and I’ve got my own room.” Zackery Sienna said.

“Speak for yourself, I have to share. But life’s not all homework and starvation, you know? It’s better than being homeless.” Devon Frederick said.

Ryleigh was home, by the time I wandered down the lane to her house.

We sat in the backyard, playing chess. I’d learned she was a little crazy, but what’s crazy next to possibly meeting a mean or evil sim?

Ryleigh was one of the first really beautiful sims I’d met yet, so I tried to tell her. Maybe I rushed a little, there, how embarrassing.
I decided to go home, and look for love elsewhere, and maybe try again later.

After tending the garden the next morning, inspiration struck! My creative urges must be satisfied, so I plopped down and cranked out a new book, a collection of short stories inspired by my current life outdoors.

The mail arrived while I was writing, but bills could wait a bit longer, I had people to meet. Today I headed to a neighborhood in Willow Creek.

The pink-haired sweetheart is Candy Morgan, the redhead in the green shirt is Corianne Mosley. Their third roommate, Joel Woodall is playing chess in another room. The girls assured me he wouldn’t very interested in my, ah, assets.

Candy was very nice, and even she didn’t like my advances. Joel, who had seen the whole discussion, suggested I try being a bit more charismatic before I try wooing anyone again. “If they aren’t flirty, it’s not easy,” he assured me.

To the library, it is.

I sat still and read every word of beginner’s advice on Charisma that I could. I analyzed it, too. Then I started in on the sequel!

Time to go home, I’m checking out this book, by the way.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »
Fantastic start! I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works out.  :) I've sent you a PM too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:38:02 PM »
Two: Up We Go

Dear diary,

I was doing some collecting, for my bills, and Nathan asked to come over. He seemed agreeable to my affections,  so I might as well practice on him, even if he wasn’t my Sim Charming!

Nathan’s a Bookworm! Like me! I immediately forgot my wooing practice and gushed to him about my favorite authors. He’s also a Geek. Briefly I imagined a little dark haired child with a SciFi book in his hand, but I still didn’t feel sure. I’m still young, no need to rush into my first romance with marriage in mind!

Today I tried my hand at screenplay with an underwater horror fantasy. The reviews have been excellent, so far.

Nathan came to visit, I’m thinking of taking him out on a date soon. He’s a decent kisser, if I must say.

The day after our first kiss, I was working on a nonfiction book about collecting when Nathan called.

“Can I come over?” he asked.

“Of course you can,” I replied. “But when you get here, we’re going on a date!”

I considered going to his place for our first date, as he shared a fairly large house with his roommates. But I settled on a nightclub in Newcrest, somewhere neutral, and exciting.

We sat and chatted for a while, and it was very nice. “I love spending time with you, Rowan. I hope you know that.” Nathan told me.

“I appreciate the pleasure of your company, as well, Nathan. Would you like to dance?”

I was enjoying myself very much, and I showed Nathan that.

He responded very well, and returned my affections with a  nice hug, too. I thought of how nice Nathan was. Even though I might not be able to see him fathering the heirs of my legacy, I wanted to continue spending time with him, for now.

“Nathan Hamilton, would you be my boyfriend?”

“I thought you’d never ask. I’d love to be your boyfriend.”

Later, it was time to go home.

“Nathan, I had a wonderful night! I must return home to my writing, though.”

“I had a great time, Rowan. Please call me tomorrow.”

“Of course.” I ended the night with a final kiss.

When I set down at my computer after our date, I set aside my collecting guide for now and tried my hand at a Romance.

The ratings were Good, I think I need practice, but Good is just fine for my aspiration checklist.

While I was tending my garden, I learned how to take cuttings. Now, I’m off to go gather some cuttings to grow the harder to harvest plants a little faster. Maybe I’ll make a few friends along the way.

I met Jennifer Estrellas today. Sadly, she had to go off to work before I could get to know her very well.

Here’s Melody Price. She wears glasses when she isn’t exercising. She got bored of me quickly, though I’m not sure why, I’m much more charismatic than I used to be. Maybe I didn’t let her do enough of the talking?

Later, I was in the Oasis Springs Park when I noticed this. This is twice now I’ve seen Ryleigh dressed this way, sleeping on a bench somewhere. I know she has a home, I’ve been there. (I forgot to take pictures during my last visit) If I didn’t know she was really an astronaut, I’d think she was doing some kind of undercover secret agent work.

Today I wanted to start my first fantasy novel. Girls With Swords seemed an apt and eye-catching title. My publishing advisor pointed out that unless it was a short story collection, only one girl with a sword should be featured at a time. She suggested I make it the first in a series. So, Girl With Swords: A Beginning was begun.

Oh. My. GOSH! I’d only expected an excellent review at best, still being new to this. By plumbob! I’ve written a bestseller!

Wooo! I’m headed on a date now!

Nathan took me to his house, and we went up the third floor, into his room. “I thought a little privacy would be best for out second date?” He asked.

“Privacy sounds like a good idea.”  I said.

Privacy was dashed as first Sandra, and then the rest of the household came upstairs. Maybe we should have locked the door?

We still enjoyed ourselves, and if anysim was embarrassed by our displays, its their fault for barging on in.

“I hope you had a good time tonight, Rowan, despite the lack of privacy?”

“I enjoyed myself a lot, Nathan. Next time, lock the door.” I left him with a kiss, once more.

The next morning the watcher dropped by.

Hey there, you’ve gathered enough aspiration progress to get Connected. How about you try on a few jobs, see what you like? Even if you don’t like any yet, you’ll be surprised by the hidden benefits.

I was a little confused, as between my books and my flowers, and the odd duplicate figurine or frog, I’d collected nearly 10,000 simoleons. Did I really need a job? But, part of the deal with the watcher’s advice was that I had sworn to keep an open mind. I’d give it a shot.

After calling to inquire about the different career options available in my town, I was offered a job at each! Along with an above entry position, and a large starting bonus! I was given 13,000 simoleons in one day!

Check your inventory, Rowan.

WOW! They’d all sent me career specialized items, worth almost another 10,000 simoleons.

With all that money, you could buy yourself a nice little house. Would you like to?

“That sounds lovely!” I replied. The watcher directed me to a developer called Playalot2002, and told me that she offered many lovely starter homes, that would quite appropriate on my little plot of desert land.

I selected an adorable unit called One Outofthebox. I made the bathroom a little larger, and selected a few new pieces of furniture. And after raising the support columns, I had a perfectly shaded place for my garden.

I decided to keep the Writing job for now, and see if I enjoyed a career life. After a few days of that, the garden was getting out of hand, so Roxanne and Nathan came to help me bring it back to health. But even that didn’t really help. Between writing, and my new job, and my garden, it was too much. I hadn’t been on a date with Nathan since before I built the house.

It was time to downsize the garden, especially since I hadn’t even managed to get one of everything yet.

But, it might also be time to downsize something else.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 12:58:34 AM »
Oh your poor sim look so exhausted in the last picture! Starting off is so hard on them! Thanks for using my little house, I was so surprised to see it that it didn't register as 'mine' Ha!

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
Three: Heartbreaker

Dear diary,

I feel awful.

Nathan arrived promptly, as ever. I felt sure about my feelings, and my decision. But still, my guts churned at the thought of what came next.

“Nathan, I want you to know that I really enjoyed spending these last couple of weeks with you.” I told him.

“Rowan, I’ve really enjoyed your company lately, as well.” He kissed me on the cheek. My heart hurt.

I took his hands in mine. “I know, that’s going to make this part much harder.”

“I’m going to found a legacy. I want to find my true love to do it. Nathan, you’re a wonderful sim. You’re lovely, but you’re just not the one. I need to keep looking.”

“I, I just don’t understand.”

“What don’t you understand? I have to end our relationship.”

“I thought that legacy founders just married quickly and with the first person they liked, and love came later.”

“Not in my legacy, Nathan! My watcher promised me love. I’m going to find it! I’m sad it isn’t with you, but I can’t lie to myself! I won’t live forever.”

“Well, I’m sorry you feel that way! I’ll just be leaving then!”

Ugh.  I’m just going to lay here until my heart stops breaking.

It will get better soon. I’m proud of you for following your heart, Rowan.

“When will it stop, watcher?” I asked.

It’s different for everyone. Maybe you can go write it out.

It was a bestseller. I sold it to the publisher the next morning. I could hardly look at it.

Several days passed in a blur. Feel miserable, write. Feel, miserable, go to work. Feel miserable, water the garden.

One day, I woke up, and the clouds had parted. I would always be sad that dear sweet Nathan just wasn’t my true love. But it didn’t hurt the way it used to.

My true love is out there, waiting for me to find them before they settle for some other sim! I quit my job, as I had enough money to support myself until the household started growing. And then I headed to the park, for some fresh air, and new faces.

That’s three times now that I’ve seen Ryliegh like this! I’m going to go talk to her. Truthfully, I’ve been avoiding her since that awkward conversation at her house.

When she woke up, Ryleigh was sad. Having recently gotten over a sad slump myself, I tried to cheer her up. We continued to talk for a while. For a sim who moonlighted as a homeless townie, she was a little snobby.

When she fell asleep again, I decided to visit her at her house later, when she felt more rested. The park was pretty empty today, so I decided to go somewhere else for a while.

I went to the house in Ryleigh’s neighborhood, the one where no one had been home the last time I came round.

The house was rather lovely, with a unique perspective on the typical home layout.

The owner of the home, Katya Mooney, was grilling in the back yard.

“Rather interesting, having strangers knock on my door. How do you do?”

“It’s nice to meet you. You see, I’ve been wandering around trying to meet new people. This is my new tactic. Knock on unfamiliar doors!”

“That’s silly, but practical, I guess.” Katya said. “Hamburger?”

“I’d love one.”

“So, what do you do for a living?” she asked me.

“Im a self-employed writer. I make a little extra selling the flowers from my garden.”

“Fascinating.”

“Are you, seeing anyone?” I asked, tentatively. Katya was a fascinating, and lively person. I also thought she was beautiful.

“Not at the moment, I’m not.”

We started a discussion about Iambic Pentameter, and I was pleased to notice how creative Katya was.

“Have I told you that you’re beautiful?” I asked her.

“Oh, thank you, you’re rather fetching yourself.” She replied.

“I’m just so, drawn to you. I wonder if you feel the same?”

Katya just smiled flirtatiously. My heart fluttered. It was the first time I’d successfully initiated romantic contact with anysim. I was ecstatic.

“It’s been lovely talking to you, darling, but I’m off to bed. See yourself out when you’re ready.” Katya said.

“Sweet dreams, Katya. I’ll call you.”

The next day, Ryleigh Moonstone came to call. I was excited to see her.

“Have I ever told you how pretty you are?” I asked. I was still feeling brave after my successful, yet brief flirtations with Katya yesterday.

“Once, but I didn’t know that well yet, or like you quite as well as I do now. I’m glad we’re friends now.” Ryleigh looked me in the eyes.

“Would you, kiss me?” she asked, somewhat shyly.

I did. Fireworks went off in my head.

“Thank you.” Ryleigh said. “That was wonderful.”

“Would you like to do it again?” I asked.

She nodded, smiling. We kissed on the couch until I couldn’t stay awake any longer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 03.27)
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
Four: Searching For Love

Dear diary,

Katya Mooney called to come visit today. I said yes, and eagerly anticipated her arrival. Ryleigh’s kisses crossed my mind, but she hadn’t called to visit again, and we hadn’t discussed becoming exclusive yet. I decided that if Ryleigh hadn’t asked me to be her girlfriend, I was allowed to pursue other avenues, if they happened to appear.

“Thanks again for letting me come over darling. You would not believe the day I’ve had.”

“Tell me all about it!”

“It all started with my ex waking me up this morning by trying to burn down my hedges! ‘I built these for you, out of love! You scorned me, and now you’ll pay!’”

“Wow!”

“Yeah, I was like ‘Darling, we were together for three days last month, it was nothing serious, what’s got you so hot and bothered now?’ and he came back all ‘I’m still heartbroken!’ I mean, the guy’s a romantic, but come on.”

“What came next, did you get the fire out?”

“Yeah, that wasn’t very hard, I keep the foliage watered. But then, my fridge broke, and the pipes in my toilet burst!”

“I’m sorry, Katya. That’s a lot to handle, and it’s not even 3pm yet!” I grabbed her shoulders, and gently started working out the knots of tension.

“Thank you darling, that feels great.” She stood up, and gave a big yawn. “Aw gosh, I’m all tuckered out with the sun still up. I’ve got to head home, darling. Thanks again for listening to my ravings.”

I walked her out to the sidewalk. And following my gut, I kissed her.

As I pulled away to let her leave, Katya fanned herself. “Woo, I wasn’t expecting that, for sure. That was a great kiss, darling. I’ll call you later.”

Later, while I was gardening, and collecting, Roxanne Endren came to visit. I asked her if she was still single, and she had a very grumpy face when she told me that, yes, she was.

She is Nathan’s roommate, but I don’t think she’s mad about us breaking up, that was ages ago. Or maybe she just needs to have a little fun.

“I love your hair,” I told her while we were dancing.

“Thanks!” she replied.

“You know, I’ve thought you were the prettiest sim on the block since I moved in across the street last month.”

“I think you’re quite lovely yourself.”

We kept flirting for a while, and then:

“May I kiss you, Roxanne?” I asked.

“Yes, you may, but I’m not looking for anything serious!” she replied.

In fact, she left quite soon after that first kiss.

The next day, I invited Ryleigh over to talk. I wanted to know if she still felt romantically about me. I know that before all this romance got out of hand, I should narrow my choices, but, I was so unsure, and there were still so many people to meet. I didn’t want to settle down and regret it!

“I really liked the other night, Ryleigh.”

“I did, too. I, just don’t want to rush into things with anyone. My insanity and kleptomania is a lot to handle, and I don’t want to enter a relationship if you can’t handle that.”

“Okay, that’s fine. We’ll take things slow, and I’ll definitely keep your wishes in mind.”

“Thank you, Rowan.” Ryleigh reached behind her, and pulled a rose out of thin air! “I want you to have this.”

“Wow! A rose!” I replied.

She kissed me in response. “I have to go now, but thank you for taking the time to talk with me.”

The next day, the watcher woke me up.

There's someone I'd like you to meet.

She gave me an address, and shooed me out the door.

I knocked on the door. “Come on in!” A voice said, distantly.

I walked inside. A young man sat on a small couch in the living area. I sat next to him, and introduced myself. “I’m Rowan Thyste, I live in Oasis Springs.”

“Hey! I’m Max Lawrence. I live, well, here. How did you get here?”

“My watcher—” I started.

“Hooold up! You’ve got a watcher?” Max asked warily.

“Umm, yeah. She came and asked if I wanted to start a legacy—”

“What kind?” he interrupted again. “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to get roped into being a shotgun spouse or anything like that!”

“Oh, no, nothing like that. It’s a ten-gen dynasty. Big house, successful, long lineage. I’ve been promised a love match, and I’m out to find one. I promise I won’t be the one to rope you into anything, if it even goes that far. I just met you!”

“If this was a rival dynasty, we’d be engaged, like, right now.” Max said.

“Oh, dear, no. I’ve been on my land for nearly a month now, and I’m still not quite sure I’ve found anyone to settle down with.” I said.

“Oh.” Max breathed a sigh of relief. “Where were we? You were telling me how your watcher was responsible for this?”

“Oh, she said she wanted me to meet someone. Gave me your address, and here I am!”

“Oh, interesting. What do you do for a living, besides legacy stuff?” Max asked.

“I write, and I garden. It’s quite lucrative, with patience, and a little spare time for weeding.”

“Fascinating.”

“What do you do for work, Max?” I asked.

We chatted for quite a while, until Max stood, to give me a hug.

“I’m glad your watcher asked you to get to know me. I think you’re a pretty interesting woman.”

“We should definitely get to know each other better,” I said, as we posed for a picture together.

“Then why don’t you hang out for a while?” he asked. “I’m not doing much today.”

We spent almost the entire day together. I only learned that he was a goofball, but I felt we were meant to be best friends.

“I know you don’t want to be ‘roped into’ a dynasty, but would you be able to see me in a romantic manner, anyway? I think you’re handsome and friendly, and that a closer friendship might be worth pursuing.”

“No promises! But I’ll give us a shot, Rowan.”

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 04.16)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »
Five: Decisions, Decisions - Plus House Tour

Dear diary,

I’m lost. Katya ended our flirtations not long after they began.

“Best to end it while its still pleasant, so all we have are the pleasant things to remember!” She’d said.

But that’s not the difficult part. I even understand what she means. But, Ryliegh, and Max. I care a lot for both of them, and, oh, watcher, why did you give me a ‘marry for love’ clause?

Because you asked for it.

“You’re reading my diary? Bah, besides, that’s not a very helpful comment!" I said, startled.

It’s honest. We had a clause on that, too. And, I’m not reading anything. You started talking out loud.

“Oh, plumbob! You’re here now, so you can help me with this mess!”

What’s your favorite thing about Max?

“Umm, he stands up for himself. He doesn’t want to be used as a pawn, or some baby factory. That’s admirable. He’s creative, like me, and he makes me laugh!”

And Ryleigh?

“Well, she’s beautiful. And sweet, and a good kisser, and…” I trailed off.

You spent one day with Max, and have lots of nice, and even better, real things to like about him. You’ve known Ryleigh since your first day in town. How much do you really know her?

“I learned all her traits!” I protested. “I’m still not sure about some of Max’s!”

That doesn’t mean a terrible lot, dear.

“Darn. Is this why you sent me to meet Max?” I asked.

I knew as much about his personality as you did. How could I know you’d get along?

“Then why?”

I heard he’d moved to town, I took a peek, and I thought you’d think he was cute, honestly. Sims can never have to many friends.

A thought struck me. “You don’t want me to pick Ryleigh because she’s a kleptomaniac!”

When have I ever said a word against kleptomaniacs? I try to keep to myself, you know. Kind of weird to be followed around all the time, I’d think.

“Oh, plumbob.” I slumped in my chair. Yelling at the ceiling was exhausting. “I’m no better than where I started.”

Sleep on it. I’m not rushing you. If you wanted to, you could go out and marry someone you still haven’t met.

“I know I don’t want to do that.” I said.

When I woke up the next morning, the house was even bigger. I had a pool, and a hedge, and, wow, a full kitchen, and, everything is so huuuuge!

“Watcher?”

Yes, dear?

“Whaaat’s thiiiiis?” I asked.

Oh. You had tons of money, and I was fidgety.

I loaded my account onto my phone, to check. “You spent 40,000 simoleons on remodeling in one night?” I exclaimed. “And I slept through it?”

Watcher magic, shush. Have you decided, or should we write a few more books today?

“I think I know what I need to do.”

Editor’s Note: This chapter is so light on story pictures because I’d gotten into remodeling the house before I wrote this section.Handily, this means I can bomb you all with photos of Rowan’s lovely house! Fancy for a one bed one bath, eh? I’m really excited about it. I think it’s my best, so far.  It’s not on the gallery just yet. Let me know what you think!

Let's start with the study, Rowan is here the most.

Here's the reading nook, for Rowan's bookworm trait.

Over to the living area, where you can see the kitchen through the, pass-through, I think it's called.

Around the kitchen...

Down the hall, I'm trying to be efficient with the space.

Quick stop in the bathroom. Through later play, I've discovered that privacy screens are useless for the purpose I had here, to prevent embarrassment. I'm trying to figure out what kind of walls to incorporate.

Here's the bedroom.

And, here are some outdoor shots.

Let's finish off with a walls down overview. Thanks for reading!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 05:09:40 PM »
I just now finished reading all your chapters. While reading about Rowan's many loves, I wondered if she's doing the Serial Romantic aspiration.

Lol, I was rooting for Katya so I'm sorry she didn't work out! Looking forward to learning who she decides on as her partner.

Love the house! I can't wait to see whether you build up, down, or both as your household grows.
I went through the same process as you with the privacy screens. Ended up using half-walls for toilets and full walls for showers/baths.  Like you, I'd really wanted to use the screens!

Good luck with your legacy!  ;D

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »
Oh my, the screens! They're cute space dividers, but you would think that they would do more than fill up space! I have some ideas on how to use them later. Serial Romantic is the goal. I'm not ready to settle down with a nice boy or girl yet, so I thought I'd give my sim self some options and time to find the one. And make lots of aspiration points while I'm at it. The aspiration should wrap up in the next chapter or two, and then it will be a short interlude to play with GTW, GT and Spa Day, which I've recently acquired.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:42 PM »
Chapter 6 // Making Choices

Dear diary,

I went to talk to Max first.

“Hi, Max, it's good to see you.” I said.

“Married anyone since I saw you last?” He joked.
I laughed, then sobered. “Actually, can I talk to you about that?” I asked.

“Oh, um, you’re not going to propose, are you?”

“Max, I haven’t even asked you on a date!”

We sat on his couch.

“Okay, okay, what do you need to talk about?” he asked.

“So, you know about the legacy. And that my watcher promised me a love match, if I could find one. So, I’ve been out looking.”

“Um, how many people have you been 'looking' with?” he asked.

“Only a few. I had a boyfriend for a while after I got here, and there’s been a few flings. But, since I moved to Oasis Springs, I haven’t done more than kiss anyone.”

“How many people have you been seeing at the same time?” Max asked. He seemed wary.

“There was Katya, but she ended it after a couple dates. There’s you, but we haven’t even kissed yet. And there’s Ryleigh. She didn’t want a relationship right away, because she was worried I couldn’t handle her kleptomania, and the talking to herself. I wasn’t concerned about that, but I didn’t want to hurt her feelings with the search for my true love.”

“I see.” Max said.

“Max, do you still want to try this relationship out? I’ve tried my best to be honest, and I don’t want you to make any choices you don’t want to. I haven’t spent much time with you, but I’m very fond of you aleady, and I think you’d make a great legacy founder, and a wonderful father, at that.”

Max was quiet for a moment. I feared the worst., and stood, preparing to leave.

“Wait—”Max rose from the couch, and came to me. His hand cupped my chin. “Rowan, despite my apprehensions, and that I haven’t even met this watcher—hey wait, I think that’s a good thing, means you have your own choices—I am very much interested in you. If that means a legacy, and a huge houseful of children, I think I’m interested in that, too.”

“Oh, Max,” I breathed.

“It’s late, and I have to go talk to Ryleigh, but I’ll call you tomorrow. Would you like to go on your first date with me?” I asked.

“That sounds great, sweetheart.” He replied.

o9

How do you feel now, Rowan?

“A lot of weight off my shoulders. But, now comes the hard part.”

Get some sleep. We’ll go see Ryleigh, first thing.

“Good idea, I’ll see you in the morning, watcher.”

The next morning...

Ryleigh greeted me as I arrived at her house.

”Here, sit. Let’s catch up.” She said.

“Ryleigh, did I ever tell you that I’m founding a legacy?” I asked.

“Umm, no. That’s cool, though. Is your watcher gonna make you marry a boy so they can watch you waddle around all fat and pregnant forever?”

“Not exactly. She promised me a love match, and never told me who or what I had to choose.”

“Does this mean you’re here to ask me to marry you?” Ryleigh asked. She looked afraid, almost.

“Not really, you see—”

“So, you’re breaking up with me!” she exclaimed.

“We weren’t even dating!” I exploded. This was hard, but, ugh, Ryleigh being irrational was so much worse! “You didn’t want a relationship because you were afraid I couldn’t deal with your craziness and kleptomania! You know what? I wanted to reassure you! But I didn’t want to be hasty!”

“And another thing! Since we kissed a few weeks ago, I’ve met and flirted with and kissed someone else! Someone who isn’t afraid to handle my baggage, or let me deal with theirs! I came to tell you I wanted to be friends! But you freaked out! I guess this means I CAN’T handle your insanity!”

“Why don’t you just LEAVE, then?”

“FINE!”

I don’t think you planned for it to end that way.

“No, I really wanted to be friends, but, I don’t know what came over me!” I exclaimed.

That’s alright. Let’s go home and get ready to see Max later today.

“Umm, Watcher?” I asked, around 9pm.

Yes?

“What’s Max’s work schedule?”

Oopsies. We should have called him for a date this afternoon. He’s at work until 12.

“Darn, I’ll call him in the morning. The garden needs watered, anyway.”

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 04.23)
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 05:56:34 PM »
Chapter Seven // The Good, the Bad, and the--FIRE!?!?!!

Dear diary,

I have a new roommate, and she tried to burn down my house. I also have a boyfriend!

Here’s what happened.

A few days earlier…

“So, a morning date, eh?” Max asked when we met at the park.

“I, uh, forgot your work schedule. Sorry.”

“It’s all good. How did your talk with Ryleigh go?”

“Terrible. I wanted to end on a friendly note, and it just sort of blew up in my face.” I said.

“I hope you two can mend your broken bridges, later.” Max looked around. This park is beautiful.”

We found a bench and sat, enjoying the scenery, and best of all, each other’s company.

“Do you, uh, wanna go to my place and watch some TV?” Max asked.

“You actually have a TV?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“I think you’d make a cute werewolf,” I said, as credits rolled on the first movie.

“Now you’re just trying to butter me up, sweetheart.”

We wandered outside for some fresh air. Max’s house was lovely, and so different from mine.

“Max Lawrence, I think I’ve fallen in love with you.” I told him.

“I think, maybe, I’m more in love with you.”

“Do you think we should make it official? Call each other boyfriend and girlfriend?” I asked.

“I’m cool with that.” Max said.

“Wonderful! I’ve got to get some work done at home, but I’ll call you tomorrow.”

When I got home, the watcher got my attention.

Make friends with the gardener. If she’s an alright sort, we’ll have her become in a live-in employee. We have lots of space, and it would give you more time for writing, and to spend with Max.

I discovered the gardener’s name was Kim Phelps, and she was a cheerful lady. We got along well enough, and soon the watcher set to building a studio apartment in our backyard for her.

“So, watcher, uh, why am I here?” Kim asked.

We need a gardener, and I’m hoping you’ll lend a hand with Rowan’s children, when they come. In turn, I give you a house, help you achieve your own dreams, and you live in a comfortable legacy house surrounded by friends.

“That sounds alright! I’ll talk to you in the morning.”

I called Max later in the afternoon. “Do you want to come over? You’ve never seen it before, and the watcher’s got it looking spiffy!”

“Sounds good. I ‘ll be right over.”

“The bedroom is already my favorite part!” Max said, later. “It’s so spacious.”

“Watcher calls it a modern, open floor plan.” I said. “Would you like to dance?”

“You’re pretty good at this, Rowan.”

“You met my new housemate, Kim, on the way in, what did you think?”

“She seems nice. Why’d she move in?”

“Watcher’s request. She’s a lovely gal, so I was glad to.”

“You know, now that we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, all, official and exclusive, there’s something I’d like to try, if you’d like?” Max asked me.

“Oh,” I said coyly. “What’s that?”

“Let me show you,” Max offered.

It was fabulous.

After, we were talking some more, and I told him, “I just finished my first aspiration. I can get married whenever I want now.”

“I’ll remember that for later.” he replied.

“Do you want to stay the night? We can, um, do more of that thing?”

“I’d love to, sweetheart.”

“Hey, watcher! Thanks for the makeover, I’m feeling pretty great in these cool new clothes.”

No problem. Let’s do some gardening, eh?

“Watcher, how long should I wait to propose to Max?” I asked. I was writing a book of poems about stars.

I can’t tell you that one. I know he said he didn’t want rush into anything, but I think he’s fallen pretty hard for you, girl.

I’m almost done with my writing aspiration. I’ll crank it out for a few days, and then I’ll see where we are.

Later….

This is why Rowan doesn’t have a stove.

“Help, watcher!”

I am.

“I feel terrible.”

A shower will help. I’m going to install some fire safety equipment.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 04:16:10 AM »
Oh the twists and turns and bumps in the road to finding true love! I hope Max is the one as he's such a nice sim. Kim's makeover was hugely successful, shame about her cooking skills though! The house is looking wonderful and really seems to suit Rowan's personality.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:57 PM »
@Playalot Thank you, I'm very fond of Max, as well. He's always so friendly and cheerful. I'm really proud of the house and already trying to figure out what I will do with it when a new generation arrives.