Author Topic: The Flanagan Decadynasty--The Final Update (Please Graveyard)  (Read 45785 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Long Live the Queen!
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2016, 06:25:18 PM »
The girls' clothes are absolutely perfect, as are the girls. What set are those dresses from?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »
I agree with @KRae that the girls' outfits match their roles perfectly!
Wow, that acrobat has a rather barely-there uniform, doesn't she?

Awww, but Puzzle is so cute! What plan are you withholding that Puzzle must marry the peasant?
Great update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:22 PM »
@KRae
The peasant outfit comes from The Happily Ever After Set and Queenie's dress comes from Street Couture for Kids and Teens. Both can be purchased separately or part of a pack!

What a lovely update! I'm so glad to see our Queen-Bee Flanagan feeling the ghost of Quinn. He's always my favorite. ::) I wish Queen the best of luck and maybe... just maybe a male heir? (wiggles eyebrows)
One can only hope...
I'm probably going to end up jinxing you, aren't I? XD I hope not! Either way, Queen and Peasant are adorable and I love their homework interaction...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2016, 12:09:27 AM »
The girls' clothes are absolutely perfect, as are the girls. What set are those dresses from?
Thanks for the compliment, and I see LivveLove got to the answer before I could.

I agree with @KRae that the girls' outfits match their roles perfectly!
Wow, that acrobat has a rather barely-there uniform, doesn't she?

Awww, but Puzzle is so cute! What plan are you withholding that Puzzle must marry the peasant?
Great update!
I wanted to ensure more Flanaganboos, of course!  Maybe even get that blue IF hair in the bloodline.

@KRae
The peasant outfit comes from The Happily Ever After Set and Queenie's dress comes from Street Couture for Kids and Teens. Both can be purchased separately or part of a pack!

What a lovely update! I'm so glad to see our Queen-Bee Flanagan feeling the ghost of Quinn. He's always my favorite. ::) I wish Queen the best of luck and maybe... just maybe a male heir? (wiggles eyebrows)
One can only hope...
I'm probably going to end up jinxing you, aren't I? XD I hope not! Either way, Queen and Peasant are adorable and I love their homework interaction...
No worries, a male Flanagan will eventually show up (wiggles eyebrows back).
Glad you enjoyed the update!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Stunner and Her Posse
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2016, 12:10:31 AM »

A household full of children gives way to a household full of teens

Pippin:  Of course, Queenie gets to go first and is the first to get a makeover.

Queenie:  I'm stunning!
Pippin:  Indeed.  And now we move on to...
Queenie:  Not yet.  Still admiring myself.
Pippin:  And eventually, we finally got to move on to Peasant,

Pippin:  Patches,

Pippin:  who can apparently reach straight through chairs,

Pippin:  and finally, Peasant's future husband, Puzzle.

Puzzle:  Can I sleep now?
Queenie:  No!  I need a picture with my entire posse!

Peasant:  We're awesome!
Queenie:  Yes I am!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Stunner and Her Posse
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »
Oh man, so many birthdays! A Queen always needs her posse though, and what an awesome looking posse she has (though we all know Queenie totally makes it better).
Though I dare say, Puzzle better move his umbrella to shelter his Queen in that last shot... it's the only right thing to do...

I'm always happy to see a Flanagan update! They always make me laugh. ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
Absolutely love Queenie's teen outfit. Awww, Peasant and her plebian bandana...but then why does Puzzle get a suit?
Shouldn't he also be sporting the ragamuffin look to match Peasant?
Patches' tights match Queenie's bodice which, I suppose, identifies her as a minor minion?

When Peasant first ages into a teen and looks at herself in the mirror, I see a lot of Quinn in her facial features.
I initially drew a blank at the old man inappropriately dressed his briefs at the children's party, then I remembered the family invited an elder to help with challenge requirements, haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Oh man, so many birthdays! A Queen always needs her posse though, and what an awesome looking posse she has (though we all know Queenie totally makes it better).
Though I dare say, Puzzle better move his umbrella to shelter his Queen in that last shot... it's the only right thing to do...

I'm always happy to see a Flanagan update! They always make me laugh. ;D
Yeah, I rather adore my posse.  Realistically, I could have just had the heir and saved myself from having three additional Sims to supervise, but they made it worth it  :=)

Absolutely love Queenie's teen outfit. Awww, Peasant and her plebian bandana...but then why does Puzzle get a suit?
Shouldn't he also be sporting the ragamuffin look to match Peasant?
Patches' tights match Queenie's bodice which, I suppose, identifies her as a minor minion?

When Peasant first ages into a teen and looks at herself in the mirror, I see a lot of Quinn in her facial features.
I initially drew a blank at the old man inappropriately dressed his briefs at the children's party, then I remembered the family invited an elder to help with challenge requirements, haha.
Yeah, slave elder our helpful support Sim probably should have changed clothes before the parties.  Ah well.
Yeah, I was thinking I'd have a heart theme for the whole crew, but basically just let that idea go outside of Patches' tights. 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Puzzling Times
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »

As it has been said, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
Pippin:  Puzzle is working away to learn science with the special task of cloning our founder, Quinn.

Pippin:  The game glitched irreparably and Quinn's ghost cannot be communicated with.  He'll play catch with anyone who comes around, but no one can initiate interaction with him.  I even tried resetting him to fix it.  Ah well.  Queenie continues to do heiress things.

Queenie:  You have Fiona's genes, so you could be an excellent spouse option if I could get you to stop being a hairy and disgusting beast!
Donte:  Umm, thanks?
Pippin:  And Patches does helper things.

Patches:  Hello, random household.

Patches:  No one walks out of this house until you are all my best friends.
Jacque Family:  That new girl is such a kidder!
Patches:  (glares)
Jacques Family:  Ummm...?
Patches:  (Glares harder)
Jacques Family:  Please come in, new best friend.
Patches:  Don't mind if I do!
Pippin:  And while Patches is excellent at making friends, Puzzle's stench is not.

Puzzle:  You know I only stink because you keep making me research science all the time instead of things like showering!
Queenie:  Let's pretend we don't know him.
Peasant:  Agreed.
Puzzle:  I can hear you!
Pippin:  Fortunately, there was another member of the house being forced to work on skilling rather than showering regularly.

Puzzle:  Gee, that makes it all so much better, Pippin.
Pippin:  You're welcome.  On the bright side, Puzzle does find a little bit of time to do things other than skilling.

Peasant:  Oh, they're so beautiful!
Puzzle:  Not as beautiful as you.
Queenie:  And way less beautiful than me!
Pippin:  But sadly, even as he gains a romantic interest, Puzzle loses his skilling buddy.

Puzzle:  I actually don't even know his name...
Pippin:  Thank you, ________, you did your job well.  You tutored our heiress, you made the imaginary friends real, and now you've provided a medium tombstone.

Grim:  Well, I'm really the one doing the work for that last one.
Pippin:  But a ghost and Grim weren't the only undead to visit our household.

Pippin:  Nice job hiding behind that plant, Peasant.
Peasant:  Shhh!  She'll hear you!
Pippin:  But shortly thereafter, the teens had a special night ahead of them to take their minds off of things.

Pippin:  Prom night!   Queenie quite fittingly was named prom queen.  Peasant and Puzzle returned as a happy couple.  And a short time later, it was time for the 4 teens to become young adults.

Pippin:  And let the charisma skilling begin!

Pippin:  And the rest of the crew also aged up while the family was still in mourning.

Pippin:  And we leave you with a glorious shot of the third heiress and her support Sim sister.

Peasant:  We look awesome!
Queenie:  Yes I do!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Puzzling Times
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
I love this quartet of sims!

Rest in peace, old man whatchamacallhim. (Why do you need different-sized tombstones?)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:02 PM »
Woo! Queenie has come of age!
... and everyone else did too, I guess. ::) :-X

All of them look like lovely reflections of their beautiful queen.. ;)
Man you're really pushing through this decadynasty!

Also:
BRING BACK QUINN! WOOO!
(I was super excited to read that part).

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2016, 12:00:26 AM »
Great update. Quinnie looks great as a Young Adult. Now all responsibility on her to carry forward this dynasty. And I will like to see Quinn resurrected. Looking forward for next update.

Sent from my Micromax A94 using Tapatalk

Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »
I love this quartet of sims!

Rest in peace, old man whatchamacallhim. (Why do you need different-sized tombstones?)
The dynasty requirements are that you have a Sim leave a medium or large-sized tombstone.  Just the ground placard wouldn't have met the requirement and I would have needed to find a new old person.

Woo! Queenie has come of age!
... and everyone else did too, I guess. ::) :-X

All of them look like lovely reflections of their beautiful queen.. ;)
Man you're really pushing through this decadynasty!

Also:
BRING BACK QUINN! WOOO!
(I was super excited to read that part).
Well, I would bring back Quinn through the miracle of cloning, but he still won't let anyone interact with him!  He's being difficult.
I'm trying really hard to keep a good pace and stay focused on this challenge.  I've had them fail before simply because of losing my interest.  Of course, more often it has been silly/ridiculous missing of details along the way, but I've mapped things out rather thoroughly for this one, so I should be in good shape.

Great update. Quinnie looks great as a Young Adult. Now all responsibility on her to carry forward this dynasty. And I will like to see Quinn resurrected. Looking forward for next update.

Well, if I resurrected Quinn, I would negate one of the requirements for Liddell since he was the required tombstone.  That's why I was trying to do the cloning (until he stopped interacting, so I can't ask for a DNA sample).  I'm actually at the point that generation 4 is days away from hitting young adult and Quinn is still non-interactive.  I'll just keep checking as I go through this challenge to see if he ever becomes interactive again.
I also rather liked Queenie's young adult look.  I think she fits her name and personality really well, so I was quite happy with that.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Making New Friends
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »

Sometimes, things that start out as seeds in youth blossom into flowers in adulthood.

Queenie:  What a sweet and narrationless montage, Pippin.  But, can we get back to important things like talking about me again?
Pippin:  Of course, your majesty.  Here we see our lovely heir chatting up her boss.

Queenie:  ...and that's another reason why you should give me a promotion and/or just step aside and let me have your job since that would obviously be in the best interest of the company.
Pippin:  And here she is helping meet NPC requirements while also building her charisma skill.

Queenie:  We will be best friends, magician-lady.
Magician-Lady:  As friends, don't you think you might want to actually learn my name.
Queenie:  Nah, I have a Watcher to worry about things like that.
Pippin:  And here she is...basically just showing off her outdoor wear.

Queenie:  I look awesome!
Bunny:  Your other mom and I are leaving for a very important date.
Queenie:  You're never letting that joke die, are you?
Pippin:  Never!  Anyway, getting back to Peasant...

Queenie:  Ewww!  Clean up that mess you're making!
Peasant:  I will...eventually...when I'm finally done with this.
Queenie:  Hmmm, I wonder why she seems to be sick so often.
Pippin:  Gee, I have no idea.

Pippin:  Awww, we'll have a sweet little (hopefully male) Flanagan nooboo to bring happiness to our household (and hopefully a potential mate for Anastasia).
Queenie:  Are you seriously using my time as heir to try to meet your own desires for a future dynasty?!?!?!?
Pippin:  ...no...maybe...let's go check in on Patches!

Patches:  We will be friends, or I will have to tell everyone you're a vampire.
Marina:  Umm, I think everyone already knows...
Pathces:  Do they?
Marina:  ...ummm...I thought so...friend?
Patches:  Don't worry, friend, I'll keep your secret...as long as we become best friends!
Pippin:  She's so good at her job.  Meantime, Queenie enjoys some time at the park meeting some of the good, wholesome neighbors one finds in Dragon Valley.

Queenie:  SHEESH!  Tell your husband to put some clothes on!  Good heavens, Burbs, what's wrong with you?!?
Jennifer:  Well, my husband's just really comfortable with his own body.
John:  You know, if you've got it, flaunt it.
Pippin:  I hope there were no children reading just then.
Queenie:  AH!!  My EYES!!
Pippin:  Here, your mom ordered something that will more pleasing to your eyes.

Pippin:  The non-werewolf Donte O'Reilly and his awesome Fiona genes.
Queenie:  Ugh, is my mom really trying to set me up with some loser?
Bunny:  Yes I am, dear, and he can hear you, by the way.  Come say hi.
Queenie:  Ugh.  Coming...

Donte:  Hi.  I'm Donte.
Queenie:  I love you too!
Donte:  What...?
Queenie:  Yes, I will marry you, but you must wait, my darling, as I must complete my massively important heiress duties.
Patches:  Heh heh, she said, "doody."
Queenie:  Did you just ruin my perfect romantic moment?!?!?  Off with her head!!!
Pippin:  Fortunately, Patches' head remained attached and Queenie and Donte began that old ceremonial ritual of Sims courtship.

Pippin:  Meantime, something very important was happening...

Pippin:  (mumbling hopefully) beaboybeaboybeaboy...

Pippin:  It's a boy!  In honor of our founder, he is named Marquinn.  He is not a rainboo.
Peasant:  Are you seriously being derogatory towards my newborn son on the day of his birth?
Pippin:  No, I was just...making observations...about your lovely child...and stuff...

Pippin:  Shawanda is either the most nurturing evil Sim ever or has a horrid scheme to try to bring up young Marquinn to be her evil successor.
Shawanda:  Hush, Pippin.  You know it's that second one just that I'm such a loving parental figure.
Pippin:  Meantime, Queenie goes to a costume party to make more friends.  She dresses as a maid.

Queenie:  It's supposed to be an ironic costume.  Here, I'll act like I'm cleaning something like my servants do.

Pippin:  I don't think that's how they clean things.  In fact, I don't even know how that's possible...
Queenie:  Hush, Pippin, I'm admiring myself.
Pippin:  And the bathroom was definitely a popular place for this party.

Queenie:  Hi, let's be best friends.
Wolf Guy:  OH MY GOSH!  I'm trying to use the bathroom!  How rude could you possibly be?

Wolf Guy:  Then again, you may just be the most beautiful woman I've ever met and I think I've just fallen hopelessly in love with you!
Queenie:  Yes, you certainly are hopeless.  Well, gotta go now.
Pippin:  So, our heiress is breaking hearts, leveling up her charisma, advancing in her career, and has chosen her spouse.  Things are definitely going well.
Queenie:  Of course they are.  I'm awesome!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Making New Friends
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
Yes!
We have a boy Flanagan! This is exciting!
I need to play a wee bit more on my Nixes before I update again. Anastasia went and... stole the show as she usually does.

Anyways, this was a fantastic update! Queenie has decided her (very lucky) spouse, and peasant has brought into the world a Quinn variant.
The only thing that would make this better is if the real Quinn would drop his 'tude and let him be interactable again... ;)

anything