Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 167720 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »
@oshizu Yeah, I'm usually a nicer Watcher than that. I'm not going for a super-high museum value or anything, so I like to let them sleep, but I was getting a little bored and nighttime is good for grinding skills, so I decided to go a little nuts with Wendell. He's just about done with everything except Party Animal and his museum items. He's got enough, but they're pretty low-value, so if I do anything more with him it will just be trying to find more rare MySims trophies. The focus should be pretty much on Pernille from now on, though she doesn't sleep, either, and thanks to Triple Boost Week she'll probably be mostly done before she's even out of high school.
Thanks for looking up Ullal's name! Indian, huh?  I think that works. I don't know where the game gets its randomly generated names, but I really like them so far.

@Joria Truly, there can never be another Eduardo. *sigh* Ullal's more my type, honestly, but Eduardo just had all the panache. :)

Chapter 40:  Adios, Mr. Coolguy

Wendell:  Sweet! I can invite ghosts to dance parties . . . although maybe next time I should give them more notice. I seem to have caught everyone at a bad time.

Ullal:  Not me! I am ready to shake my thing that is called a money-maker!

Betty:  Laaaaasssseeeeers . . .

Eduardo:  Ah! Dang it, Seth! Stop scaring me. You’re awful!

Seth:  You’re the ghost getting scared by a ghost. You’re ridiculous!

Eduardo:  I keep telling you. I’m not scared. I’m startled. Now quit it!

Eduardo:  I guess it is pretty funny, though.

Seth:  Ugh. It’s no fun if you like it.

Wendell:  Just a quick pause here to be epic on the dance floor..

Bob:  Uumm . . . boo?

Layla:  Ah!

Layla:  Sheesh. Party foul, Mr. Pancakes, sir.

Bob:  Sorry. I’m super awkward at these things. I just don’t know what to do.

Layla:  It’s okay, Mr. Pancakes. Why don’t you go grab a cream cola or two to help you loosen up?

Pernille:  Huzzah for chess! The sport of kings!

Arianna:  How crushed are you going to be when I beat you? Tell me honestly. I’ve had logic maxed for four plus generations now and I’m pretty sure I could take you down in four moves.

Pernille:  Challenge accepted.

Mallory:  Boy, are we cute.

Lucien:  So cute.

Mallory:  The cutest, really.

Lucien:  Let’s never stop being us.

Mallory:  Deal.

Arianna:  Well, what an elegant hootenanny this turned out to be.

Wendell:  Am I overdressed?  Am I really? Or are you all underdressed? I’m pretty sure I can do no wrong.

Layla:  I don’t even know who I’m mourning.

Lucien:  Look out!  Comin’ ‘atcha!

Mallory:  Careful now! I’m pretty old. You might knock me over with that thing.

Lucien:  Honey, I’ve been knocking you flat with my kisses since we were teenagers. Age has nothing to do with it.

Mallory:  Ain’t that the truth.

Pernille:  Now hear me out. I know being besties with the weird, solemn overachiever girl doesn’t sound like a particularly appealing prospect, but I feel I have a lot to recommend me. If you’ll follow me inside I’ve prepared a powerpoint presentation.  Also, there are cookies.

Lucien:  Well, that’s that, I guess. How did Betty do this again? Do I hold the door closed? How does this work?

Lucien:  Shoot, this isn’t going to work. There are way too many doors in this room. What was I thinking? There’s no way I can block all the entrances.

Pernille:  Oh, man! If you thought that was gross, check out this joke my Grampa Lucien told me-

Blue Girl:  Did I fail to mention that my sole trait is Squeamish?

Mallory:  Well, I guess it’s all done except the crying in the closet. I’ll miss you, old man. Come visit soon.

Catherine:  Oh, gosh! Too cold! Much, much too cold! I wanted ice cream, not a Corina Bjergsen costume!

Watcher:  At last! The moment I’ve been waiting for! One of you can finally hear me laughing at you! Ahahahahahah!

Catherine:  Oh, very nice.

Ullal:  Oh, Samara! Such astonishing loveliness shouldn’t be languishing alone in a house full of small boys. You must permit me to help you pass your exquisite beauty on to a daughter.

Samara:  Oooh! Permission granted!

Overalls:  That one looks like a shark!

Pernille:  Yeah? Everything kind of looks like a mirror to me. Just an endless sky full of mirrors into which I must ceaselessly pour out my epic tales until the creeping green bar above my head is finally satisfied.

Overalls:  You’re kind of a bummer.

Pernille:  Yeah, well you’re naive.

Wendell:  Oh, boy! Head rush! Adulthood! Responsibility! Goals! Requirements! This is going to require some serious consideration.

Catherine:  Honey, don’t look now, but Im fairly certain the bartender is an alien.

Wendell:  Oh, honey. You’re so cute when you get delusional. Almost takes my mind off the insane weight that has suddenly come crashing down on my shoulders.

Watcher:  If it’s any consolation, you’re absolutely right. Totally an alien.

Catherine:  Woot! Another score for Catherine’s alien-dar!

Morris:  Hey, Birthday Boy! You’re looking chipper!

Wendell:  Yeah! I’ve come to a very important decision. I decided to cut my hair. I call this “The Executive Flip.” Still stylish, still punk rock, yet more adult. A playfully distinguished style. Boy is that a relief.

Morris:  Not changing up the sparkly suit, though, I see . . .

Wendell:  What?  Oh, no! No, nononono. The suit stays.

Arianna:  Whew! Something reeks!

Wendell:  That’s right! We put some stank on this birthday party!

Arianna:  Well, take it off! Ick!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2016, 07:45:39 PM »
On the contrary, I think Ullal oozes with panache. He doesn't have the flamboyant charm and amazing physique of Eduardo, but Ullal has Old World charm going for him.
And, like Eduardo, he's a very smooth talker!

R.I.P. Lucien--you were such a radical teen/YA with your shades until your son aged up and then you've lived since then in the shadow of Wendell's stylish flair and wit.
But I remember those good ole days when Mallory sang melancholy songs, waiting for you to age up!
Poor Mallory, missing Lucien all over again.

Wow, Wendell's an adult now. I have to say that I dislike the way the devs have made adults look more haggard. I'm not talking about Wendell; I'm referring to my own sims.
Lol, Wendell and his epic disco moment.
How soon until Pernille becomes a teen?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »
@oshizu Awww. What a sweet tribute to Lucien! I remember those days, too. He did seem to pour all of his coolness into Wendell, who just ran with it. Lucien was a total workhorse for the family, though, and really valuable behind the scenes. And, for a loner, he endured all those parties like a champ.

Pernille becomes a teen fairly soon, but the parties kind of drag everything out so it won't be this chapter. I know I've said this before but my word does it take a lot of parties to complete this aspiration!

Chapter 41:  Awkward

Ullal:  Samara, my goddess, my only. You are everything to me.

Samara:  Oh, Ullal. I could gaze into your eyes forever.

Chi Behr:  Hey guys! Watcha’ doin’? Flirtin’? That’s nice. Gosh, I wish somebody would look at me that way.

Ullal:  . . .

Samara: . . . .

Ullal:  That was . . . how you say . . .unbelievably awkward.

Samara:  Oh, I know! I thought he’d never leave!

Okay, time to get serious about collecting stuff. Gotta put something in that creepy museum.

Wendell:  Hey! Do you know what you get when you tell jokes and play games simultaneously at a party?

Layla:  A bad joke with a predictable punchline?

BS Behr:  Hey! I think I just won!

Katrina Kane:  No, dude. Just . . . no.

Morris:  Stirrin’ the pot of love!

Wendell:  Don’t toy with me, magical party phone! You know what I want!

Wendell:  Awwww yeah. It’s good to be back!

Pernille: There’s no need to waste time just because my world is filled with frivolity. This costume is nothing more than another obstacle to overcome. A very small bump in a very long road.

Corina:  I just want to state for the record that of all the indignities I have suffered at the hands of this household this costume is without a doubt the worst. Thank you.

Arianna:  Oh, was that a speech?  Were we supposed to clap?

Corina:  It's too late, now.

Wendell:  Dad! You came! Oh, boy is it good to see you!

Lucien:  Hey, a costume party where I don’t have to dress up and I can escape through a wall whenever I want to? I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

Mallory:  This is more fun when I pretend I’m actually a maid. I’m not doing chores; I’m staying in character!

Wendell:  Yes! Facial hair! That’s what adulthood was missing! Oh, this is so much better.

Watcher:  Mallory  . . .  what do you think you’re doing?

Mallory:  Heh heh. Well, if Catherine’s Watcher really is up there I bet I just gave her a giant heart attack. Heh heh heh.

Watcher:  Grrrr. Just you wait, Mallory. Just you wait!

Pernille:  Mmmmhmmm. I think I’ve just found my swagger! Okay, off to dominate the school.

Jasmine Holiday:  Have a good day at school, dear!

Pernille:  Um, thank you, Ms. Holiday.

Jasmine:  You let me know when your moodlet runs out! I’ll charge you back up!

Pernille:  ‘Kay thanks . . .

Jasmine:  I’ll be right here! Waiting!

Pernille:  Just keep walking. Just keep walking. No eye contact.

Arianna:  Oh, cripes. She’s here, too. That woman is getting seriously creepy.

Mallory:  Just keep fishing, Grandma. Triple Boost Week can’t last forever.

Katrina Kane:  Hey Mrs. Spiffendale! So nice of you to come to my birthday party! I’m actually super surprised. You guys don’t usually make it out to these kinds of things.

Arianna:  Well, to be honest, Wendell is only a few parties away from completing his aspiration and we’re kind of hoping this one will count even if he doesn’t come until after work. Oh, and Ullal is just here to . . . well, we can talk about that after you’ve aged up. Hoople Borpna, though!

Katrina:  Ummm, thanks?

Ullal:  Hooray!

Morris:  Um, yeah. Hooray and stuff.

Morris:  Ugh. How long do we have to make with this polite chit chat? I really hope Wendell’s shift ends soon. This is excruciating.

Caterer:  Why don’t you have some cake?

Morris:  Because I didn’t bake it and who knows what it tastes like. No offense, I’ve just got a super refined palate.

Caterer:  Oh. Okay. Jerk.

Wendell:  Ugh. So sick of cake.

Ullal:  Well, look at the bright side. You’re one party closer to finishing.

Wendell:  No, I’m not. This one didn’t count.

Ullal:  Ugh. Then let us leave this depressing, poorly-lit hovel.

Wendell:  Yeah, dude. I’ll just go get Grampa Morris. He’s dancing in the bedroom.

Katrina’s Brother:  It’s my birthday, too, guys!

Katrina:  Ugh. You’re the worst! I can’t even have a birthday without you copying me!

Morris:  Oh, hey! You know your other brother just aged up in the living room, too!

Katrina:  I hate this family.

Catherine:  Go on, Watcher. You can say it.

Watcher:  Okay, I admit it. You look very cute in your new work uniform.

Catherine:  Yes, I do! Still got it!

Watcher:  Are you going to quit after your next promotion?

Catherine:  Heck, yes! That whole weight belt apparatus is completely unflattering.

Ullal:  Ah, Katrina. I am so delighted you have come to grace me with your presence. Your party ended too quickly the other night, and I didn’t get a chance to give you your present.

Katrina:  Oh, yeah?  What is it?

Ullal:  Bring your delicate ear closer to my lips so that I may whisper it to you . . .

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:00 AM »
Awww, poor Chi Behr! Too bad Sims 4 doesn't have story progression so Chi could find true love, too!

I was surprised to see Jasmine Holiday in the context of Triple Boost rather than Day of the Dead. You must have screenshots saved up. ;-)

Morris was really funny in this update. He's such a culinary snob! And dissing the caterer at Katrina's birthday party, even!
Wendell looks so different with his new hairdo and now facial hair!

Ugh, Party Animal! I've only ever completed it once. When the medal quality isn't specified, can't we just phone in the party then cancel right away?
I'm sorry--I don't actually remember. Can social events at different locations be dates?
Sorry to be quizzing you--it's the only aspiration left in my legacy so I'm looking for loopholes and shortcuts, lol.

I was so shocked to be reminded that Lucien is a loner! My gosh, he's totally a trooper with his Party Animal son's parties.
Hurry up and grow up, Pernille! Your Watcher has teased us already about your match!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2016, 12:48:39 PM »
@oshizu I agree! I should save Chi to my library before he goes and think about giving him a new life in a different file. He's one of my favorites, and he seems to be doing rather well in the astronaut career without any help from me. I think that's a pretty high-level Space Ranger outfit. Then again, he may have just neglected to change out of his costume after one of Wendell's many parties. :)
I do have quite a few screenshots saved up. It's been working well for me so far to do things in giant chunks. Play a chunk, edit a chunk of photos, write a chunk. I've just gotten to go back to playing, though, and I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm pretty sure you can just cancel a party instantly and have it count if you're not going for a medal. Dance parties count, too, even though there's no option to medal, so that's an easy way to complete them, too. I don't think dates count as parties, though (except, of course, in the context of dynasty rules). Parties that other people invite you to do count, but only if you're there from the beginning, as poor Wendell just found out. :/

Good luck on completing it for your legacy! It's a bit grueling, but ultimately satisfying. Unfortunately the reward is . . . good parties. So if you feel like ever throwing any more parties, they're guaranteed to be great, but Wendell and I have not had any desire to take advantage of it.

Chapter 42:  Master of Revels

Eliza:  Hey, Morris. Your shoe’s untied.

Morris:  No it’s- . . . Hang on, are you sleazing around my ambrosia? Are you trying to distract me? You know that’s against the rules!

Eliza:  Sorry, Morris. It’s just sort of irresistible to a ghost. I’ll go now and leave you in peace.

Morris:  I know you’re in that coffeepot! You can’t fool me! Now back off!

Dimitri:  Hey guys! What’s shaking?

Morris:  Great. I’m surrounded.

Pernille:  “Oh Rolf,” sighed Mrs. Pringlefeather as she clutched at his sword belt, “I’ll never forget you!” Her fingers flew to the buckle, and like lightening she wrenched the steel blade free. She vaulted to the top of the ship’s rail where she paused only a moment to gaze back into her lover’s face. His golden hair was lit from behind in a fiery halo by the setting sun. “Darling, no!” his supple lips wailed, but too late! For she turned her back and plunged headlong into the icy sea.
Ah, the perfect ending to another glorious dollhouse tale! Oh, wait! The epilogue:  Mrs. Pringlefeather’s adventures will continue in Blood, Lust and Bloodlust:  Mrs. Pringlefeather Goes to War! Coming next fall!

Catherine:  Check it out, Party People! This could be the last one, so let’s bring it home in style!

Morris:  Oh, Betty!  I’m really going to miss these chances to see you

Betty:  Don’t worry, dear. We’ll always have The Upper Crusts.

Mallory:  Why do I always get stuck taking care of the random babies at these parties?

Arianna:  Hey! Somebody’s got to do it. Heaven knows their parents aren't going to.

Wendell:  I just want to say . . . that you guys are the best and if it weren’t for you . . . .oh man, I’m choking up! I told myself I wouldn’t cry!

Chi Behr:  Hey, it’s cool, man. We’re just grateful to have been a part of it all.

Lucas:  Yeah, man. I would have zero social life if it weren’t for you.

Moshe Capricciosa:  Word. Just let it out, bro. We’re here for you.

Wendell:  Thanks, guys! *sobs* Okay, granny smashes all around!

Wendell:  So . . . I guess that’s that.

Pernille:  Yeah, until I age up and become old enough to host parties myself.

Arianna:  Phew! Okay, very strict yoga regimen starts first thing tomorrow! If I never see another cake it will be too soon!

Pernille:  What did you say?  Oh, no, Mrs. Pringlefeather! That will never make it past the censors! We’re going to have to tone your thrilling life story down a tad if we want to sell the film rights to the next volume. My word!

Pernille:  Ugh. Why aren’t there more synonyms for “swashbuckling?”

Morris:  Wrong! All Wrong! How are we ever going to make this Thriller flash mob work if you look so wooden? You’re a werewolf, not Pinocchio!

Wendell:  Yeah, you might need a new hobby, again. You’re getting a little too serious about dancing.

Morris:  Still got the baking skills! I can always go back to the kitchen!

Watcher:  Little workout before the party?

Catherine:  Party?  I thought we were done with parties! Didn’t we just make a huge deal out of trashing the Partihaus to finish things off?

Watcher:  Well, technically Wendell doesn’t have to throw any more parties, but he has to attend two more and I’m sick of waiting for the phone to ring. Plus, the Spencer-Kim-Lewis girl is always at work and I’m sick of making Ullal try to track her down.

Catherine:  Oh, yeah. Wouldn’t want to overtax poor Ullal, now would we?

Watcher:  Nope. We are coddling him shamelessly. That’s the plan.

Catherine:  I can’t believe I’m the only one who talks to you or acknowledges your existence and I’m still not your favorite.

Watcher:  Ullal and I have a connection. He winked at me once.

Catherine:  He winks at everybody! He winks at plants!

Watcher:  My wink was special.

Wendell:  Like marching to a firing squad . . .Let’s press on, folks!

Wendell:  ‘Sup, Tracy?

Tracy:  Very little. My drink is empty.

Wendell:  Is it?

Tracy:  Yes.

Corina:  This is your dullest party, ever.

Wendell:  *sigh* I know. We’re just going through the motions on this one, okay? Everybody’s pretty partied-out.

Mallory:  Ullal, quit posing. We still need to drink three drinks to complete the goal.

Ullal:  Do you really want me to stop posing, Mallory?  Truthfully?

Mallory:  Yes.

Ullal:  I don’t think you know what you want.

Mallory:  I want this party to be over.

Wendell:  Okay, this is the last one, for real for real. Let’s get a little crazy, shall we?

Mallory:  This was a good idea. I don’t feel like I’ve done this a thousand times. Plus, no specific requirements. I approve.

Morris:  Yeah, and I can shake my groove thing with my old Dad!

J:  Woot woot!

Wendell:  Oh, yeah?

Catherine:  Yeah!

Wendell:  Well, I guess we’ll just have to settle this on the dance floor.

Catherine:  You’re on!

Wendell:  Really, honey?  The spinny lights? A little gimmicky, don’t you think?

Catherine:  I look good. I feel no shame.

Wendell:  Well allow me to retort!

Wendell:  Parry and . .. . riposte!

Catherine:  Fencing jargon will not avail you!

Wendell:  Won’t it, though? Won’t it?

Wendell:  All right you crazy party people! I want you to get hyped like never before! As soon as the sun comes up I will have become an official Party Master so let’s make this one count!

Pernille:  I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. This is not an appropriate place or time for a young child. Surely someone, anyone, should have taken me home to bed by this point.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
Morris is hilarious with his snobbery and perfectionist flair about activities he's into!

Before I forget, I love Catherine's party outfit--that little black top with the heart-shaped cutout on the back. Is it cc? It's fab with the hot pink skirt and high boots! You go, girl!
Catherine is such an attractive sim!
Lol, "Blood, Lust, and Bloodlust"? Is Ms. Pringlefeather a vampire? hehe

A huge congrats to Wendell on completing Party Animal! For a dynasty, it's worth getting Party Master as a trait. In a legacy, the sim passes after spending a lifetime earning the trait, lol.
Dance parties, great tip! (I thought dates counted as "social events" for attending at diff locations. I'll check when I actually do that aspiration in the future.)

How's Ullal doing? I read on the IDC thread that pollinating is no longer necessary. To be honest, though, I love the many surprises yielded by pollinating.
It's harder to get as a much diversity in appearance and personality when we are using our own CAS creations.

Another great update! I'm working one now too! (finally)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »
Well, I just sat down and read this in two goes - and I was kind of disappointed to catch up, haha. I love how much personality each of your sims have, and I love your back and forth with Catherine. It works with her.

Pernille is such a delight!

I'm not sure what else to say at this point other than I'm very, very glad you managed to 'trick yourself' into writing a story. Please, don't ever stop! :D
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2016, 06:24:07 PM »
Just caught up again and once again darned near choked to death.  I really should know by now that one doesn't eat or drink while reading your story.  This time it was Ullal talking to the "magic party phone" and then becoming a hot dog!  How appropriate!  I must say, snorting Krispy Kreme doughnuts is definitely not good for the monitor.  Then follow up with more Pernille adorableness and endless parties.  I'm going to miss her child behavior but can hardly wait for the teens.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2016, 02:09:42 AM »
@oshizu Thanks! Yes, that top is cc. It's one of my favorites. I'll figure out what it is and pm you a link.
If Mrs. Pringlefeather wasn't a vampire before, she certainly is now! Look out for Pernille's next book, "Interview with Mrs. Pringlefeather!"
Ullal is doing famously. I think, due to space, that he'll be our last pollinator (or handyman ;)). I don't regret the many generations I've spent keeping the town alive because I really do love original townie genetics, and it's fun to see how they evolve. Besides, if it weren't for pollination, there would have been no Eduardo. He would have just been a blip with a bad haircut back in Morris and Betty's teen years, and just think what we would all have missed out on!

@Whirligig Thank you so much for reading! I don't mind telling you I'm pretty pleased that I've written enough that it needs to be read in sittings. This time last year I was still getting up my courage to post anything at all! I have no plans to stop any time soon. :)

@Joria I am jealous of your Krispy Kreme! But please, no choking! Pernille teen years coming right up (finally!).

Chapter 43:  My Kind of Carbonara

Arianna:  Oh, I’m so tired.

Mallory:  And smelly!

Arianna:  Yes, and smelly! The Von Haunt Estate takes the whole “Dibs on the bathroom,” thing way too seriously.

Morris:  Let’s just get this over with and then we can sleep all day.

Mallory:  We should add sleep to the club activities.

Arianna:  I’d never get out of bed again.

Arianna:  No more partieszzzzzzz . .  .no . . . more . . . parties.

Pernille:  And here we go. One private birthday, coming up. 100% party-free!

Catherine:  Oh, hey! I didn't think we were doing these anymore! I look darn good as a teen.

Watcher:  Yeah, I've been slacking. I completely forgot when Pernille became a child.

Catherine:  It's cool. It kind of set the tone for her entire childhood. Best to keep the expectations low.

Watcher:  Tell her I'll try to do better from now on.

Catherine:  Whatever. She's fine.

Ullal:  So, Presley, I understand you hate children.

Presley Behr:  Yup. Can’t stand the little snots!

Ullal:  And you are also hot-headed, yes?

Presley:  Yepperino!

Ullal:  So . . . if a man were to, for example, lose himself in your irresistible eyes and you somehow became pregnant . . .

Presley:  I’d rip his face off and feed it to him.

Ullal:  Ah, yes. I see. Very interesting. Your passion is most terrifying. You have a younger sister, no?

Pernille:  Ah, the teenage years. A whole new world of skills to master at blinding speed.

Wendell:  Yup, I’m a totally retired Party Animal now. Just a totally average neighborhood jogger, out looking for time capsules.

Grim:  Boy, Sheldon Holiday’s not looking too good.

Morris:  Yeah, the boho chic thing doesn’t age well. He just kind of looks like a sad hippie.

Grim:  I better follow him. He’s going to go any second now. Good luck with the angelfish, guys.

Mallory:  You know you don’t mean that.

Grim:  What? I can’t be supportive?

Wendell:  It’s a tad disingenuous, coming from you.

Grim:  Whatever. See you guys at the fishing hole!

Morris:  You bet, buddy. You bet!

Ullal:  Oh, my darling son! What a joy to see you! Such a pleasant surprise!

Jasmine:  Um, hello?  Kid? Could you step aside please?  This is Jasmine’s Time right now.

Ullal:  That was not chill, Madam Holiday. I hardly ever see the boy.

Jasmine:  You can have your family reunions on your own time. Now, ask me for a boost.

Ullal:  And if I desire no boost?

Jasmine:  Ask for a boost, old man, before I boost your behind into next week!

Ullal:  I wouldn’t mind that at all, Jasmine Holiday, because if this were next week, you wouldn’t be here!

Jasmine:  Oh, but I’ll be back. Jasmine Holiday always comes back.

Pernille:  So what are you going to wish for, Mr. Francis?

Ullal:  What more could I desire? I have a beautiful home, many beautiful children, and many, many beautiful girlfriends. I suppose I can wish only for the stamina to continue in my noble work  . . . and perhaps that grey hair looks foxy on me.

Pernille:  You don’t need to worry about that. A lot of women find it singularly alluring.

Ullal:  Actually, if I could have one wish, it would be that we put this cake ceremony on hold for a few minutes so that my memorial portrait can be painted while I am still in my prime. Do you think that would be asking too much?

Pernille:  Nah. I’ll got get Grandma Mal.

Catherine:  High score!

Watcher:  Nice.

Catherine:  Renaissance Sim is seriously the best aspiration. I never do anything long enough to get sick of it.

Morris:  Go Ullal, go!

Ullal:  Okay, tell me the truth. How is my hair?

Catherine:  Looks good to me!

Arianna:  I sure wouldn’t kick you out of bed.

Pernille:  Grandma!

Wendell:  So . . . what’s the new book about, honey?

Pernille:  It’s a torrid love affair between a handsome lumberjack with a mysterious past and a shy, intellectual woman with a secretly smoldering passionate heart.

Wendell:  I’m uncomfortable. Let’s talk about music or something.

Don:  Ha ha. Sounds like it’s time for “the talk” there Dad.

Wendell:  Seriously, Don? Have you read any of my daughter’s books?  She should probably be giving me “the talk.”

Ullal:  So, Kristen, do you still desire me now that I’m an old- mmmmmph!

Kristen:  That means yes.

Mallory:  So, honey. You asked me out. Does that mean you’re ready to take the next step and become my beyond-the-grave boyfriend?

Lucien:  Allow me to answer that in sonnet form.

Mallory:  Unnecessary, but sweet, so I’ll allow it.

*chorus of angels singing*

Pernille:  uhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . Charisma! Maximum Charisma! Super Duper Charming Things! So, SO Incredibly Friendly!

Goopy Gray:  What?  For me? Pshaw. I’m just your friendly neighborhood bartender.

Pernille:  Has anyone ever told you that you’re the spitting image of Mrs. Pringlefeather’s fourth husband, Arturo?

Goopy:  You mean from The Pringlefeather Files series?  I love those books! Did you know they’re actually written by a kid? It’s crazy. What an incredibly talented and fascinating person she must be, right?

Pernille:  Mmmmmmm. She’s actually a teenager by now . . . .um . . . probably.

Pernille:  Heh. Heh heh. Jokes, am I right? They’re . . . so funny.

Goopy:  I feel exactly the same way. You really get me, Pernille.

Pernille:  Oh, thank goodness. You stink. Your perfection was starting to become overwhelming.

Goopy:  Oh. Yup. Must have forgotten to shower before my shift. Unwatched Sim Problems, you know?

Pernille:  About that . . .

Arianna:  Welcome home, Goopy! We’re so delighted to have to as a future member of the family.

Pernille:  Grandma! Did you ask to see his swimwear? Embarrassing, much? Sheesh!

Arianna:  Hey, he’s going to bring in the next generation. I want to see what we’re working with.

Goopy:  Wait, I’m going to what, now?

Arianna:  GRANDMA!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2016, 02:42:27 AM »
Oooh, I love the collage! Catherine hasn't changed much from a teen (still gorgeous), but Wendell's transformed into our average neighborhood jogger, lol.
It's wonderful to be reminded of the younger, edgier Wendell!

You wouldn't kick the elderly Ullal out of your bed, Arianna? What would J say? Hahaha
How funny that Ullal is always so charming but ends up disrepecting Jasmine Holiday. She's so pushy!

Love the "chorus of angels singing" cue! At first, I couldn't believe his name was actually Goopy Gray.
With his looks, though, who cares if his name's Goopy! And he reads romance novels!
The Spiffendale women are all so feisty! I really love them! Morris was very low-key this chapter; I guess he'll have his chance to critique something about Goopy to his face later, lol.

How exciting that Pernille has found her true love! Oh wait, she just became a teenager! *starts counting the days....

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2016, 07:30:10 AM »
Goopy is delicious!  Is there any chance you would be willing to upload him to the gallery?  Please, please!  Pernie (my nickname for Pernille) is very attractive.  I loved the collage.  I also loved the fishing bit with Grim.  Can you blame the Grandmas for wanting to see all of the shades (err outfits) of Gray?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2016, 11:59:11 PM »
@Caterina You got it! I just uploaded him. I tried to de-cc him, but the gallery was not fooled, so I think you'll have to do the whole "advanced options" "show custom content" thing, but he's definitely there. My gallery ID is Fernandez5000, his name is Goopy Gray, and I hashtagged him #carlsguide for good measure, so hopefully you'll be able to find him without too much trouble. I can't remember last time a game-generated sim took my breath away like dear Goopy, so I'm delighted to share the wealth! I didn't even think about his last name being Gray until you mentioned it. So funny! I definitely know the next few titles of Pernille's books!

Oh, I should probably mention that Goopy has a rather large secret that will become evident right away when you download him but won't be revealed story-wise until the beginning of the next chapter. I think it makes him even more appealing, though, and I hope you agree.

By the way, I love your nickname for Pernille and will totally be using it! Thank you, and thank you for reading!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:15 AM »
Thank you so much for uploading Goopy.  I'm definitely going take time to log into the game today and download him.  I can't wait to see what his secret is.  Pernille will probably write about it in her stories too.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2016, 09:08:18 AM »
Behold, the reincarnation of Goopy GilsCarbo! But better looking and minus the plaid! Haha.

Wonderful chapter, I hope Pernille grows to like Goopy as much as everyone else likes him.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »
@oshizu Yes, teenage Wendell was truly one-of-a-kind. I miss him, too. Jasmine Holiday was seriously starting to creep me out, just hanging out in front of the house all day. In the new challenge, she's switched to lurking in the park across the street, but she's still always there. It's unnerving. I had fun with the sugar skulls, though, so I guess she can stay. ;) Goopy was such an amazing find. I could hardly believe it. It works well that he's older, too, since clearing out space in the house is about to become very important, although it does make Pernille's teen years rather awkward for everyone concerned.

@Caterina You're welcome! Yes, Pernille does get a lot of material out of Goopy for her novels. :)

@Whirligig I know! Too funny. I seem to recall Monte Vista's Goopy growing up to be pretty attractive, but it's been awhile since I've played there, or played Sims 3 at all, really. I may have to go back and visit just to check him out. I adore my Goopy, though, and don't worry, Pernille warms up pretty fast.

Chapter 44:  That One Alien Detail

Arianna:  So, Goopy, I’m curious. What do you sleep in?

Pernille:  Grandma, you will cool your jets or I swear I will singlehandedly bring this dynasty down.

Arianna:  Go inside, dear. It’s a school night and the grown-ups are talking.

Pernille:  If you show him my baby pictures  . . . . Just know that I know where you keep the ambrosia and I am this close to having high enough wellness to teleport.

Arianna:   . . . Okay no baby pictures until after the wedding. Goopy, honey, let’s get you to a dresser.

Arianna:  Now, that is what I call swimwear! Hang on a second, though, didn’t you have a stench cloud a second ago? 

Goopy:  I . . .uhmmmm . . .

Arianna:  That wasn’t stench!!! That was joy!!! Oh, man! Don’t tell Pernille! I want her to find out for herself!  This is amazing! I’m so excited. We’ve never had one in the family until now. Oh, this is really going to liven things up. Goopy, darling, you are a treasure!

Ullal:  Oh, welcome aboard, my handsome friend. It is a great pleasure to meet you. Be forewarned, you are in for some crazy times.

Goopy:  Yeah, I’m getting that sense. Tell me, Ullal, the feeling that I only grasp about half of what is going on, does that go away anytime soon?

Ullal:  I think you will find your happiness is greatly increased by simply embracing the chaos.

Goopy:  Huh.

Ullal:  Nicole . . . my little workaholic. I’m so glad to finally catch you at home.

Nicole:  Look, Ullal, I know the pollination thing is pretty much a family tradition at this point, but I’m not so sure I’m on board. I want to build a better life for my kids. I need to focus on my career right now. The bills in this house are insane. I need a solid foundation before I even think about becoming a parent.

Traci:  Okay, I’ve had just about enough of this nonsense. Do you see my hair?  It’s silver, and it ain’t gettin’ any browner. I want grandbabies and I want them this minute, do you hear me? If pollination was good enough for me and for my mother before me, and probably her mother before her, then it’s good enough for you. Now get to flirting!

Ullal:  Oh, Madam Traci, your passion is so compelling. I can see where your daughter gets her fiery spirit.

Morris:  So how do you think he’s doing in there?

Mallory:  Better than we’re doing out here. When did angelfish get so difficult to catch? I feel like this should be a snap at this point.

Arianna:  Hey! Check me out! I got one.

Mallory:  Oh, good. Now one of us can live for a few more days. Guys, we should really be nabbing these suckers in bulk if we’re going to get through this dynasty.

Morris:  Whatever, Angling Ace. Sour grapes, much?

Mallory:  Shut up, Dad! You are spoiling my hard-won tranquility.

Pernille:  Not sure why I’m surprised that I’m being forced to do my homework alone in a stranger’s house. I really should be past the point of surprise by now, yet here I am.

Pernille:  *ahem* Yes, this is Pernille Spiffendale. You’ll be closely acquainted with my father, Wendell. Yes, well I’ll be needing a celebration but don’t get excited. My father and I have vastly different tastes and what I’m looking for is a quiet, intimate gathering, primarily for family, all right?

Pernille:  See?  Isn’t this nice?  No need for lasers or ridiculous costumes or anything of that sort. Just a little cake and some intelligent conversation.

Catherine:  Look, thanks, Mallory, but I really don’t need help with this.

Mallory:  Sorry, I just kind of miss having birthdays.

Pernille:  Hello, Mirror, my Old Friend. Look, I know we’re sick of looking at each other, but I’m about to have an important conversation, so I could use a little boost.

Pernille:  So . .  . Hey! Goopy!

Goopy:  Hey, Pernille.  How’s it going?

Pernille:  Nice! It’s going nice . . . and great. . . . so great.  Thanks to you bartending! Right? Like, it’s just so cool of you to make my first party go so well because . . . yeah. You’re nice. You’re just . . . way . . . nice.

Goopy:  Um, yeah. Do you . . . want a drink?

Pernille:  Nope!

Goopy:  Okay, then.

Pernille:  Grandma Liz, what’s a synonym for “humiliated?”

Eliza:  Um . . . mortified?

Pernille:  That’s a good one!

Eliza:  Abashed?

Pernille:  Even better!

Eliza:  Humbled? Chagrined? Shamed?

Pernille:  Okay, that’s enough.

Wendell:  Tom. Buddy. Pal. Amigo. Bro. Come on . . .

Tom Villareal:  Yeah, yeah, okay. We’re good friends.

Wendell:  Yes! Moving on. Corina, you're up!

Corina:  Hmmmm . . . how best to use this situation to my advantage.

Arianna:  That’s it, darling! You’re doing beautifully.

Pernille:  Thank you, Grandmother. I’ve decided to re-focus on my skilling and not give too much thought to frivolous hormonal teenage pursuits.

Arianna:  Well that’s . . . certainly logical of you.

J:  I don’t know. I still feel weird about helping with this garden after having been locked out of it for so long.

Arianna:  We’re almost finished here. Should we see if it’s possible for me to give you a massage?

J:  Sure. Why not?

Arianna:  So it’s . . . possible, but . . . how do I know if I’m actually doing anything? Does it feel okay?

J:  Oh, yeah. It feels amazing!

J: Agh! Oh, ow! My organs!

Arianna:  I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I just can’t tell when my fingers go too deep and . . . you’re messing with me, aren’t you?

J:  Heheheh. Just a little ghost humor, there, honey!

Arianna:  Oh, hilarious.

Ullal:  Here, Nicole, would you like to see some photos of my extremely attractive children? A little peek into what’s in store for you!

Nicole:  Ohoho! My life is just too absurd.

Pernille:  What is this? A text? I’m in the middle of a chapter!

Pernille:  “Wachu up 2?” Ugh. My generation is so insipid.

Goopy:  Hey, Pernille.

Pernille:  Oh, gosh! Goopy! Hi!

Goopy:  I just wanted to say hey. We haven’t gotten to talk much since the night I moved in. It’s got to be totally weird for you, having a strange bartender just living in your house all of a sudden.

Pernille:  Oh! No! You’re not strange. You’re .. . great, like, really great. And, well, I guess you’d have to have grown up here to understand but . . . this is not even close to the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me.

Watcher:  Working on the DJ skills, huh?

Catherine:  Not really. I’m mostly just showing off my new haircut.

Watcher:  I like it.

Catherine:  Um, yeah. You picked it. Weirdo.

Watcher:  Okay, then. Go, me! Way to have good taste, there, Watcher!

Catherine:  Don’t talk to yourself. You sound crazy.

Wendell: So. Boring. Grandma, I hate fishing. This is 100% not my jam.

Arianna:  You’re going to want to reconsider your position, honey, because this is essentially all we do anymore.

Wendell:  I feel like this was not in the immortality brochure. Bold Headline:  Live Forever! Fine Print:  Living forever will consist entirely of fishing to obtain ingredients so that you can continue to live forever.

Arianna:  Don't lose heart. If we make it, we're still planning on a grand finale. It should be pretty fun.

Wendell:  *sigh* Okay.

anything