Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132047 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Who's Your Daddy? (new 8/13b)
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
@dontmindme
I'm just lucky that you informed me that yoga didn't change the pear shape or Frank would have been working out instead of starting the Public Enemy aspiration.
He's been doing a fantastic job fulfilling the role he was assigned and, as you might notice from the screenshots, his body shape isn't as noticeable when he's thick into his "activities."
Yes, I also feel bad for Isabelle and she was actually Nio's first love, but the house is full and Kaoru want his four grandchildren...

@Caterina
I once killed off an immortal's spouse who was flirting with the three male imortals--I put her in a room with angry paintings until she was mad then did mean interactions until she expired (instant fail for the dynasty). This time, I wanted to try using the Scientist career's Red Hot serum (since I haven't used serums much). As for woodwork sculptures, their moods can now be enabled/disabled (@Ricalynn recently taught me this), making them more useful. I really love the Immortal Dynasty Challenge; playing and failing it as well as reading other IDC stories really taught me a lot about skilling, careers, the game in general. I'm enjoying the Legacy, too, because it makes me pursue different objectives and gives me excuses to be a horrid Watcher, hehe.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Whose Your Daddy? (new 8/13b)
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
Whoa!  Frank!  Way to go blue dude!  I never thought you had it in you but you actually look good as a blue criminal.  Sharp suit there as well and the pear shape isn't so bad now.  Kudos to you for being such a great legacy addition!  (And kudos to Watchette for being such a good writer.)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Mori Legacy: Whose Your Daddy? (new 8/13b)
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2016, 05:15:59 PM »
Frank - despite your pear shaped bod, you are one fantastic dude! I would say we should find you a nice lady, but let's be honest here that we don't need more pear-shaped bods running around. ::) ;)

I love Lyric! I'm glad she's contributing to the gene pool! I'm also excited to see Nami's gorgeous nooboo!
I really feel for you about the scheduling issues you're having! I hope that it looks up for you soon, because I would be exhausted with those schedules! Anyways, another lovely chapter from the Mori's! I can't wait to read more. =D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »
@Joria
My Frank is like your Venkat. At first, I was unhappy about what he was not. Then when I took a good look at what he could do, his body shape stopped bothering me. Also, I think the weight machine helped broaden his shoulders a little and made him look a tad more normal! I'm grateful to Frank for doing the dirty work and taking care of a career and an aspiration that I'm not fond of...

@LivvieLove
Lol, I totally agree--less, not more, pear-shaped body genes in the simverse. If it weren't for Legacy Challenge rules, I'd probably move out everyone except Nami and Nio, then move in Lyric and Nami's friend Zach because....genes. The scheduling issues are my own making. I've been trying to check off too many careers in the Legacy To-Do List.
I need to have at least one sim who just stays home with the nooboos.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »
Venkat worked out quite a bit and did lose some of that pear shape in the hips.  His shoulders weren't quite as small as Frank's.  No matter what he did though, he never lost his belly.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: A Wildly Improbable Romance
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
2.11 The Mori Legacy: A Wildly Improbable Romance

Week 8/Monday

Nio: After reaping that massage therapist Andy Herrick, Grim decides to stick around.
I guess he’s feeling pretty at ease in our home. Hey Grim, nuestra casa es su casa, okay?

Isabelle: I return home in the early morning with my Level 11 promotion to Secret Agent/Villain.
Check out my new career outfit which I’ll only wear for one day.
I quit my maxed career to work on earning points to buy Connections.
My Master Chef aspiration is roughly halfway done and I’m eager to join the Culinary career.

Tuesday

Isabelle: While I continue cooking to fulfill whims, everyone except Nio (who’s at work) sits down for breakfast.
Frank looks so different in blue skin wearing that gangster suit!

Kaoru: I don’t know how I ever missed noticing it! In front of the house, I spot my wife Anita flirting with Frank!
I ask Watchette to check and she learns that both their Romance bars are around 50%!
W: I should have taken a screenshot of their incriminating Romance bars, but I’m so astonished that I immediately have Frank “Ask to be just friends” with Anita.
Their romance isn’t anything I’d staged. The thought of those two becoming an item had never even occurred to me.

Kaoru: What do you think, Watchette? How and when could this have happened?
Have I been too focused on work and mentoring the kids and Frank?
You know, Frank tried flirting with me, too, while I mentored him in Fitness but I just brushed it off.
W: Frank has already completed the Public Enemy career and his Mischief skill is up to Level 9.
When he maxes the Boss career, he’ll be removed from the house. Sad to say, Anita should go as well.

Kaoru: I still can’t believe it! Anita is married to me and yet she chooses….Frank!?

Anita: This evening, I complete a second career at the ripe old age of 111 days!
During my young adult years, I first completed Painter/Patron of the Arts. Today, as an elder, I completed Writer/Author.
Initially, I only joined Writer to write books faster. I wanted to be able to write Books of Life for the family and to mentor Writing.
But Fate has generously let me live long enough to reach the peak of the Author career.

Moreover, I’ve raised three wonderful children and learned numerous skills.
I feel ready to let go of life, especially now that my affair with Frank’s been exposed…
My final gift to the family will be give Nami room for a second child right away.
I wish I could hold my grandchild even once, but this is my punishment for playing with Frank, I mean, playing with fire.

Anita: I join the Scientist career with plans to die by electrocution, but that doesn’t work out.
So now I’ve asked Watchette to help me die by drowning.

W: What’s surprising is that, while she’s paddling around in the pool, Anita has a thought bubble of only one sim: Frank Biello.
Not Kaoru who she’s lived with for so long, but Frank who moved in just four days ago.
When did the two of them even get the chance to have such high romance bars?

Frank: Watchette, are you gossiping about Anita and I? My lips are sealed! A gentleman never kisses and tells.
On the other hand, I maxed Mischief and completed Chief of Mischief earlier today.
On my next workday on Thursday, I’ll definitely be promoted to Level 10 Criminal/Boss.
W: Hmmm, maybe Anita’s always had a secret passion for bad boys…

Nami: My own accomplishment’s been overshadowed by Mom maxing a second career, but I also got a promotion today to Level 6 Tech Guru.
And by the way, the timing of my Eating for Two notice means I should go into labor around 1:17 am on Thursday.
So this evening, I’ve been eating carrots and alternating between watching The Kids Network and listening to Alternative music.
Maybe I’ll invite Zach over tomorrow night so he could come with me to the hospital. Or should I have a home birth?
I really hate having to always worry about losing the mood boosts of household members at work.

Frank: Late Tuesday night, I see Guillermo roaming around among the trees behind the house and invite him over.
We have a spat in the Sauna-less Sauna Room, after which I lock him inside.
What? I’m helping the Mori household out by shouldering the unsavory task of earning the “Death points.”
I’m thinking “Death by starvation” for Guillermo.

Wednesday

Nio: It’s 10 a.m. and I get back from work just as Dad is leaving for the Lab.
I bag a promotion today and am now a Level 7 Oracle. It won’t be long now.
I’m really impressed by how Dad has stayed in the Scientist career all his life. He’s really committed.
Not for me! When I max my career, I’m going to quit my job and live off the garden!

Arisa: I’m sad about not doing as well at work as my siblings!
While Nio is a Level 7 Oracle and Nami is a Level 6 Tech Guru, I’m still only a Level 4 Entertainer.
Nio: What’s going on, Arisa? You’ve already maxed three musical instruments and the Comedy skill!
Arisa: Well, I was certain of a promotion on my second day of work, but I arrived an hour late and that reset my performance bar.
On my third work day, I still didn’t get that promotion either!
Nio: You have to be more careful about arriving to work on time, sis. But it’s not entirely your fault!
Nami and I need to be Focused for work, but you need to be Playful. Watchette’s afraid of you getting hysterical at work.

Thursday

Isabelle: I finally buy Connections and join the Culinary career but don’t start work for four days! Four days! Ugh
I can’t complete my starting aspiration, Master Chef, until I “Cook 3 gourmet dishes at a social event” (too easy).
Reaching Level 8 of the Culinary career will take a bit longer, but I can do it! Meanwhile, I take care of the garden.
Whenever I finally finish Master Chef, I’ll be able to complete Freelance Botanist in a day or two!

Anita: I can tell that Watchette’s never caused a death by drowning. It’s taking forever!
Here’s a tip, sweetheart. Next time, make sure the sim’s Energy bar is really low before he enters the pool.
He won’t drown until several hours after his Energy Bar is completely depleted.
Oh, I hear that ominous music! I’m blacking out!  Farewell, Kaoru! If only you could have loved me more..

Grim Reaper: Whoa, it’s truly Anita! We’d just had the convo about her death!

Grim Reaper: This makes the third death in this household since Nami Mori took over five days ago!
Should I be pleased about the boost to my reaping quota, or unhappy about all the overtime?

Kaoru: Rest in Peace, Anita Mori. You were the love of my life, but you met Frank and then you weren’t.
Grim Reaper: Don’t take it too hard, Kaoru. Who can account for women’s tastes?

Nami: I’m feeling so uncomfortable tonight, Zach. I’ll be having our baby in several hours.
I’m more than delighted that you’ve come to spend the evening with me.
Zach: Nami, do you have a pool here? Why did you ask me to change to my swimwear, sweetness?
Nami: Just checking out your drool-worthy assets, my love. Shall we go watch The Kids Network?

Nami: With only an hour or so before the baby arrives, I decide to propose to Zach and he says yes.
I’ve had two spouses which I chose entirely for this legacy’s sake. I deserve some happiness with sweet Zach!

Zach: So what do you think, readers? Should I move into this crazy household?
Nami: Oh, I wish, Zach, but there’s just not enough space! Unless, of course, we move out Isabelle.
She’s maxed her Villain career already and hasn't been very useful otherwise, but Nio might have a fit.
We can’t move Arisa out because she’ll complete the Joke Star aspiration and the Comedian career!

Nami: Just as Zach is about to give me a fertility massage, I go into labor.
(I know, right? He’s got those smoldering good looks, that hawt bod, AND Level 9 Wellness!)
I invite Zach along to the hospital but he freaks out and vanishes.
Oh well, nothing like strolling down a hospital corridor in a towel by myself.

Nami: After suffering the usual surgical incompetence that the hospital is known for, I return home with our son.
Everyone, please welcome Sora to the family.
Nio: Oh no, not “Sora”! That means “Sky” and you already monopolize the color blue!
Nami: In fact, my color is turquoise. Sora can choose light blue or navy blue, depending on his personality.

Zach: Returning home, Nami phones to ask me over (since I ran off in a panic at the hospital).
She invites me to spend the night, so I quickly head downstairs and go to sleep.
Nami: Oh no you don’t, Zach! That’s not what I meant by a sleepover! I still want another child!
Zach: It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it! *grins

Grim Reaper: So what’s up, Frank? What happened to that Guillermo dude in the Sauna Room?
Last time I was here, he was all smelly, starving, and ready to croak!
Frank: Well, I’d thought we’d be on the lot until Guillermo kicked the bucket.
But Nami went into labor and decided to have her baby at the hospital.
When we got control of this lot back, Guillermo had escaped.

GR: Why would Nami need to go the hospital for her baby? Didn’t her man run off on her there?
Frank: Apparently, she gets a birth certificate for her kid if Watchette joins her for a hospital delivery.
GR: If she’d gone to the hospital without Watchette, could she still have gotten a birth certificate?
Frank: Who knows? That’s a great question!

Frank: Anyway, back to Guilleromo. I invited him over again and locked him up in the Sauna Room.
Because starvation takes so long, I thought we’d try something different this time…
GR: Dude, you should have asked Watchette to move that room away from the rest of the house first.
Frank: Yeah, you’re right. But it’s too late now. He’lll probably end up starving in the end…

GR: By the way, Frank, have you thought about how you want to go, when your time comes?
Frank: Well, this family asked me to join them to handle their wet operations, so I feel I should choose a difficult death.
Hmmm, what about death by embarrassment?

I just wanted to repeat how shocked I was to discover that Anita and Frank had been in a romantic relationship.
And if I hadn’t by chance sent Frank over to perform some Mischief interactions on Anita, I might never have noticed their Romance bars.
Who needs to stage weird scenarios for their sims when they get into such bizarre situations all by themselves?

Rest in Peace, Anita Mori. You were a phenomenal spouse to Kaoru and a loving, supportive mother to three children. You mastered numerous skills and aspirations.
Yet, you marred your stellar image at the end as a result of your hanky-panky with Franky. (Actually, Anita would have died of old age in 4-6 days.)

To the next chapter

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Wildly Improbable Romance (new 8/14)
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »
I like how Frank is offering to die of embarrassment.

My female founder in my IDC autonomously had a 'woohoo' in the sauna with a female sim during a club gathering.  It was before she was married.  I kept the door locked after that.  I think closets make it easy for quick hookups too.  I wonder if having 'romantic interactions' at club meetings encourages random sims to hook up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2016, 11:24:37 PM »
I like how Frank is offering to die of embarrassment.

My female founder in my IDC autonomously had a 'woohoo' in the sauna with a female sim during a club gathering.  It was before she was married.  I kept the door locked after that.  I think closets make it easy for quick hookups too.  I wonder if having 'romantic interactions' at club meetings encourages random sims to hook up.

Some types of death are only possible (for me) with controllable sims. I'm feeling impatient to get past all death-related points so I can return to normal gameplay.

I realize that "woohoo in a sauna" is a Friendly/Spa Activities social, but my sauna isn't functional and my lot doesn't have a single closet.
My club has only "Friendly" socials, Cleaning, and various skill-related activities. I truly have no idea when their relationship triggered. I actually hadn't had Frank and Anita interact at all because he's only being mentored by Kaoru (handiness/fitness), so I never saw their relationship bars until "the damage had been done," lol.
I do have a separate club specifically designed to boost romantic socials; it's separate by design. I guess I just have too many working sims and haven't been paying close enough attention.

It's rather funny that, after all of our discussion about how unattractive Frank is, he manages to seduce (or be seduced by) the founder's wife.

Edited to add: While streamlining Frank's inventory, I figured out what started it. For his Chief of Mischief "voodoo doll" socials, I had him bind a voodoo doll to Anita because she was the only one free at the time. They must have started something then, but I'm still mystified.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2016, 02:46:10 AM »
My my! Anita and Frank?
Oh, but I like Frank! Why'd he have to go and do that! At least he can make up for it by handling 'the family's wet operations' as you say. XD
Ah well, Frank. You didn't have a stellar bod but I think you're a pretty cool dude.
Now stop flirting with married women before I have to take back everything I've said about you!  >:(

Meanwhile, welcome to generation 3!
Man Arisa is taking a while with her skills and career. I applaud your patience with her, Oshizu. =)
With everyone really... ::)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2016, 03:53:55 AM »
Promotions are easiest in careers that require Focused or Energized mood. Careers that require Playful mood (like Arisa's) are very tricky, because a Very Playful sim could become hysterical and die. So Arisa is doing her best under those circumstances, and I'm the one to blame when she's late for work. :-(
My least favorite careers are Criminal/Boss (Frank), Secret Agent/Villain (Isabelle), and Comedian (which Arisa is doing), so I'm grateful to Arisa.
Comedian is the only career (if I recall correctly) that requires the Playful mood all the way to Level 10.

Blah blah, sorry to bore you! On the other hand, Nio is becoming rather cute.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Love, At Last (new 8/15)
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »
2.12 The Mori Legacy: Love, At Last

Week 8/Thursday

Nami: Watchette seems to have forgotten about Zach and I, but we’ve been busy and can no longer try for baby.
In a moment of confusion, I take a pregnancy test, thinking that it would bring the two infants closer in age.
In fact, Baby 2 will only be born a day sooner but will stay in the infant stage a day longer (3 + 3).
Darn it, I hate being math-challenged!

Nami: I rush back to tell Zach the good news. After a show of happy excitement, he climbs into bed.
Well, it is 7:30 am and I have kept him up all night. *blushes
Still wide awake, I gaze at Zach’s sleeping face and fervently wish that he could join this household.

Frank: Thanks to Kaoru’s mentoring, I max Fitness and the BodyBuilder aspiration!
Kaoru: I should be angry with you for what happened with Anita, but I should have noticed that she needed more affection.
Frank: I’m really sorry about what happened, Kaoru. She was feeling so insecure about being elderly while you were having a second adulthood.

When Kaoru and I stand side by side, I’m still leagues away from his state of physical perfection.
Yet, don’t you think I look a lot better than when I moved into this house a week ago?
Kaoru: Has it only been a week?
Frank: Yeah, I moved in last Friday.

Nami: For the sake of transparency, here’s a look at our Potions Room that has just been uploaded to Watchette’s Library.
On the left, you can see all 80 Potions of Youth in four rows of 20 each.
Below them is a row of shelves holding one of each type of reward potion.
The other walls shelves hold items unrelated to legacy scoring: essences, tested serums, and a few herbal remedies.

Nio: Welcome home, Dad. How was work today?
Kaoru: I had a great day, son. And you?
Nio: I’d been worried that Lyric might have miscarried because she’d conceived earlier than Nami but hadn’t given birth yet.
Just a while ago, though, I checked my relationships and see that I fathered twin girls: Maribel and Felicity.
As soon as everyone’s home from work, I need to check where Lyric lives. I can’t wait to visit them!
Kaoru: Congratulations, Nio! *mutters: I’ll have my four grandkids as soon as Nami gives birth again!
And, Nio, we’ll have to postpone that visit, you know. We’re still waiting on Guillermo to croak…

Nami: This morning, Nio got promoted to Level 8 Oracle.
And after earning my Level 7 promotion this evening, I choose the Start-up Entrepreneur branch.
I’ll start and finish work earlier, giving me more time to spend with the children!
Nio: When is your due date, sis?
Nami: Well, Sora will age up to a child early Saturday morning and then I go into labor on Sunday morning.

Nami: Before leaving for work, Frank tells me that he’s crafted some camping mascots for my children.
Dang, he wasn’t kidding! There’s a veritable army of camping mascots on the roof!

Friday

Frank: I arrive home a little past 1 a.m. with my final promotion to Level 10. You are now looking at The Boss!
Cringe and fear my name, weaklings!

Nami: Come to mama, Mr. Zach Haskins!
Look how handsome my fiancé is! If we kicked Isabelle out, we could totally move Zach in!
Okay, folks, let’s get this show on the road. It’s a launch for “Operation Death by Embarrassment," as Frank requested!

Kaoru: We try everything possible to embarrass Frank in an effort to push him into a Mortified mood but can never get past Very Embarrassed.
We even plan outfits at the dresser so he’s wearing that “Hat of Shame” sombrero, but no dice.
On the contrary, Isabelle and I get so embarrassed letting Frank walk in on us taking showers that Watchette makes us take naps!

Nio: Next, we try death by fire. I stuff fruit into the rocket ship’s exhaust pipes and sabotage the landing stabilizers.
Frank has zero Rocket Science skill and the crash initially appears fatal, but he survives.

Isabelle: Since the crash leaves Frank feeling dazed, Watchette wants him to wear a Dazed animal hat.
This time, going into CAS forces Kaoru, Nami, and Arisa to leave work early.
No matter! Watchette has started feeling desperately stubborn. Or is that stubbornly desperate?
W: Alas, repairing the broken stereo doesn’t cause death by electrocution. Foiled again! *gnashes teeth

Kaoru: Night falls and we regroup to consider our options.
Watchette has been saving the cowplants for later, since death by cowplant is so easy.
But after we push Frank into Very Embarrassed mode again, the very-hungry Frank eats the cake of one of two cowplants
Nio: And when the still-hungry (and now Drained) Frank eats the cake of the other cowplant not long after, he gets further Drained.
Mysteriously, the first cowplant offers cake a second time right away. When Frank takes the cake once more, it devours him.
Kaoru: Thanks for the new essences, ladies!

Grim Reaper: Would you believe it? This is the fourth death on this lot in eight days!

Carla the Cowplant: Dang, Kaoru! If everyone milked me with your gentle touch, I’d be giving it away for free!
Kaoru: Hush now, Carla. You know I’m not into the whole interspecies romance thing!
Grim Reaper: Ahem, I don’t mean to interrupt you lovebirds, but what’s going on with Guillermo?
Kaoru: Who knows? In four more hours, he’ll have been in that room for 48 hours.
Grim Reaper: I’m sure you know that he has to go through a 24-hour Hungry mode then a 24-hour Ravenous mode before dying of starvation.

Kaoru: Darn it, Grim! Since we’re all off on Saturday, we were planning to leave the lot to buy a retail store!
GR: Tough luck, Kaoru. If you want me to reap Guillermo, you’re staying on this lot for at least another 28 hours.
Kaoru: Well, Nami’s going into labor Sunday morning. I just hope she doesn’t insist on having her baby at the hospital again!
W: If Guillermo dies of old age after all this time, I will be profoundly peeved!

W: Rest in Peace, Frank Biello.
You maxed the Dancing, Fitness, Handiness, and Mischief skills; the Bodybuilder, Chief of Mischief, Public Enemy, Mansion Baron, and Curator aspirations; and the Criminal/Boss career.
But all you ever really wanted was to play with the dollhouse and dance!

Saturday

Nami: I’m the head of this household now and I don’t have to listen to anyone else. I’m asking Zach to move in!
Someone to love, adorable children, a family life apart from the legacy—I want it all!
Nio: I can’t believe what you’re doing, Nami!
Nami: Don’t you remember our Watchette is math-challenged? With Frank gone, there’s only six sims in the house.
It would be just my luck to have twins tomorrow morning!
Nio: But Dad promised me that Isabelle and I could have a child.
Nami: You should hear yourself talking about Lyric and the twins sometime, bro.  Isabelle is not who you really love!
*whisper, whisper, whisper

Zach: Aren’t you going to introduce me, Nami?
Nami: I’m so sorry, darling. Everyone, this is my fiancé, Zach Haskins. He's an Active Loner with maxed Wellness who Loves the Outdoors.
Kaoru: I’d thought Zach was close to my age, hun.
Nami: When he moved in, he was zero days to elder. What close timing! I had him drink a Potion of Youth and he’s back to Day 1 of the adult stage now.
And now our children will grow up with both parents nearby!

Nami: Zach is sheer perfection in motion! And did I tell you that his starting aspiration is Freelance Botanist?
I forgot to check when he moved in this morning, but his Gardening has risen to Level 6 already!
Zach: So what’s the plan for me, people? As Kaoru knows, I’m just a Level 1 Scientist.

Kaoru: Anita and I maxed three careers and the Gen2 kids completed all five teen careers.
Nio: When Arisa, Nami, and I are done, Gen2 will have cleared five adult careers, including Isabelle’s Villain and Frank’s Boss.
Kaoru: So, the next seven generations from Gen3 to Gen9 need to complete the remaining 15 careers, including two active careers, that's roughly 2.1 careers per generation.

Nami: What all this means, Zach, is that you don’t need to join a career, unless you want to.
Zach: Understood! I’ll work on my own skills and aspirations first while supporting everyone with my Wellness skill.
Then I can help mentor our kids.
And since I love the outdoors, I’ll do my best to complete Outdoor Enthusiast. What a perfect life!

Nami: While I’m busy ogling Zach as he gardens, I receive notice of Sora’s birthday.
Sora has my round cheeks with Zach’s eyes and lips!

Sora is a Kleptomaniac and starts out as an Artistic Prodigy.
W: Sora aged up with red hair but I changed it to dark brown during his makeover.

Nami: Our household has witnessed so much drama and death since I assumed leadership of the Mori Legacy.
Gen2 has had a rocky start, but we’ve achieved many accomplishments and can hopefully just focus on collections and careers until Gen3 takes over.
And you know what? I believe that, just maybe, Cupid is smiling down on me, at last!

Zach: Sweetheart, who is that grungy sim standing in a puddle of pee in the small room next to the gym?
Nami: Oh, you mean Guillermo? That’s kind of a long story…
Kaoru: Hey, since we can’t leave the lot today, let's throw you two a wedding party!

Yep! One little wedding coming up next!

I hope none of you have been offended by the slew of recent deaths on the legacy lot.
Due to my lack of experience with engineering deaths, I've been trying to see how they work while also trying to get past them.
You will perhaps be glad to hear that the household has already achieved six out of the eleven required types of death.
And if Guillermo ever dies, that would make seven!  *rolls eyes

To close on a lighthearted note, here's my adaptation of an anonymous joke I read on the internet:

If your primary spouse and your secondary spouse were drowning and you had to choose, would you go to lunch or a movie?

To the next chapter

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2016, 02:43:02 PM »
Oh, Frank! I have to confess, even after all the drama, I'm really going to miss that guy. With his funny figure and work suit, he sort of looked like The Penguin from Batman. This happens to me frequently. I get the most attached to Sims who give the most trouble.

Zack is a wonderful addition to the household, however. He really is dreamy, and Sora is super adorable! I'm very glad that Nami gets to have some domestic happiness after all of the drama.

You're really speeding through the requirements! What will you do if you finish everything early?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Love, At Last (new 8/15)
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
Frank died on the day he was going to age up into an elder so his time was limited, but I really wanted space in the household for Nami to have another child and add Zach.
I also came to really like Frank--he was so quirky and then his skin turned blue. And he kept throwing whims to play with the dollhouse.

It only seems like I'm speeding through the requirements because I'm trying to figure out how to pace myself.
Like, in the update above, I figured out that each of the next generations need to complete "15 divided by 7" careers. Maybe I can arrange for two generations to only complete Doctor and Detective, respectively.
And, yes, I feel bad about all the conniving I did for Nami's spouses: Nehemiah's traits and Frank's career.
I doubt I'll finish the requirements early but if I do, I can always devote the legacy house's efforts toward reviving The Dancers, lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Love, At Last (new 8/15)
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2016, 05:21:40 PM »
YES!  Dancers please!  I'm sad to see Frank go.  Poor guy had such a hard time trying to die.  It's actually been kind of fun watching you engineer the deaths.  I've been way too squeamish to ever do such a thing.  Little Sora is adorable and I think red hair on him would have been icky!  Glad he's a brunette.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Shame on You!
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
2.13 The Mori Legacy: Shame on You!

Week 8/Saturday

Zach: So who’s this Guillermo?
Nami: Did you ever meet a blue guy named Frank who used to live here?
Zach (checks relationship panel): Nope.
Nami: Well, Frank was a Public Enemy and Guillermo was Frank’s very first declared enemy. Before Frank “departed,” he’d wanted to starve Guillermo to death.
So Guillermo’s been in that empty Sauna Room since after I returned home from the hospital and phoned you---early Thursday morning, I think.
Zach: So you’re just leaving him in there to starve?
Nami: *feigns intense interest in her fingernails

Kaoru: Little Sora truly is an Artistic Prodigy. He maxed the Creative skill in the middle of his third type of drawing and hasn’t even touched a musical instrument yet.
Nami: Is it because you’re encouraging him with your maxed Painting skill, Dad?

Arisa: Watchette has built a wedding venue on a 12x14 foundation so she can save it to Library as a room.
It’s split into three areas. On the left side, is the wedding arch and seating.
Watchette/W: For now, I plan to delete  this “room” when I’m done, then re-purchase it from the Library whenever a wedding will be held.
To be honest, I really like having such a large party area outdoors, but then what do I do with the other room downstairs with the bar and dance floor

The two areas on the right side consist of a dining area (above) and a dance floor with DJ station and a bar (below).

Zach: Only one guest has arrived so far, but Nami and I proceed to exchange our vows. She looks even more beautiful than usual today.
Nami: And you, Zach, are absolutely stunning in a tux!

Nami: We invited at least a dozen people besides family but only Ulrike Faust shows up.
Isabelle is our mixologist and I have no idea where Arisa’s gone.
Earlier, Watchette had to lock up every single skilling object because our family was trying to leave the ceremony to work out, play video games, or whatever.
How can they not care about our wedding? Sheesh!
Whatever! The most important thing is Zach and I are officially married!

Nami: We exchange bites of our invisible wedding cake, then I’m off to the DJing Station.
Zach: Nami is blue because so many guests didn’t come, but I’m a loner so that’s fine with me.
I wonder why we can’t do a group dance? When I moved in, Kaoru gave me a “special” outfit and told me to practice dancing.

Kaoru: There goes Isabelle off to work. She’s been such a disappointment after clearing the Villain career eight days ago.
After all this time, she’s only a Level 5 Line Cook and, because her aspiration is Master Chef, she’s barely earned any reward points. *shakes head

Kaoru: Nami earns a gold medal for the wedding party!
Of all the invited guests, our neighbor Ulrike is the only one who’s attended the wedding.
She is really a gorgeous woman with a lot of elegance and class. She even dressed to match the room décor!

Sunday

Zach: In the wee hours of the morning, I plant and water one long row each of fast-growing elderberry and fireleaf herbs.
By tonight, I’ll be able to power-graft these plants and max the Gardening skill.
The sooner I can complete my starting aspiration, the better!
W: When Zach moved in, all he had in his inventory was a high school textbook. Why did we never meet him while he was a teenager?

Nami: Sora completed Artistic Prodigy last night and started Whiz Kid this morning.
Though I’ve stayed up painting in order to read with him for two hours, Sora took forever to play three games of chess with Arisa!
Arika kept dropping her queued chess games for other activities, like grabbing one of Isabelle’s bar drinks.
But now it’s just Sora and me! He is so adorably attentive!

Nami: When the little boy climbed all the way to the top of the mountain and witnessed the sun rising out of the clouds…
Oh dear, I’m going into labor!
*mutters: Grrr, that stupid Guillermo is making our second child miss out on a birth certificate!

Sora: I wish Mom would be a little quieter! I’m trying to watch The Kids Network!

Nami: Welcome to the world, little Naoki Mori, born in the hour of the pelvis-thrusting skeleton.
His name is pronounced like “Now + key.”

Zach: What a miraculous feeling to hold our little boy in my arms. 
Look at you with your long eyelashes, Nao! You’re going to grow up into such a heartbreaker!

Kaoru: Suddenly we hear the music of someone’s approaching death.
W: Wait, why is Guillermo holding up his arm like that? Grim, how did he die?
Grim Reaper: You’ll have to find out for yourself. When he returns as a ghost, you can ask him his cause of death, at least that's what I read on the internet...

W: I'll explain how I know at the end of this update but Guillermo had been an elder with a bubbling age bar by the time of Saturday's wedding party.
Talk about a waste of time! *facepalm

Nami: Well, now that we’re not stuck on the lot anymore, let’s go see about buying a retail store in Magnolia Promenade.
Watchette builds us a basic two-story shop very quickly. The second floor is currently empty.
Kaoru: Looks like you forgot to cover the floor. Next time, okay?

Zach: I’m a loner so I leave the store to the rest of the household. Sora and I go fishing off the pier.
Kaoru: On long tables and two Lice Coolers, we arrange all the food we’ve been hoarding in family inventory and also hang some extra Space Prints.
Nami: Dad, Nio, Arisa, Isabelle, and I work in the store until around 10 pm, but we only manage to buy a single retail perk.
Nio: Buying all the retail perks is going to take forever, sis! We need to re-read that strategy by @Nutella !

Week 9/Monday

Zach: Using a strategy shared by @reggikko, I work through my paired rows of Elderberry and Fireleaf plants, taking cuttings from one pair of plants at a time then grafting them onto each other.
I hit Level 10 Gardening and finish Freelance Botanist before I’m halfway down the rows.

Kaoru: Nami, what do you think of Isabelle?
Nami: Zach has already finished Freelance Botanist, Mansion Baron, and Fabulous Wealthy, while Isabelle is still stuck on her first aspiration.
She also hogs the skilling objects and distracts us into dropping our queues by making bar drinks.
I believe she’s outlived her usefulness to the Mori Legacy—I vote her off the island!

Kaoru: When Isabelle gets embarrassed after walking in on me in the shower, Watchette leaps into action.
W: Using various tricks, we get Isabelle into a Very Embarrassed mood.

W: Next, we have Isabelle hit on Kaoru, but he likes it and runs off to work in a Flirty mood. Silly Kaoru!
Arisa also likes Isabelle’s advances and gets flirty, so she's not helpful, either! Go work on your comedy routines, Arisa!
It takes Zach, who rejects Isabelle’s flirting with disgust, to push her into Mortified. But she lives on.

Oh well. Her needs are low so I move her to the Sauna Room. Maybe she’ll starve. Just in case, I occasionally have her "reminisce about an embarrassing memory."

W: Now that I’ve managed to stop obsessing over Isabelle, I shift my attention to the rest of the household.
Arisa, you need to finish your daily task! Stop dropping it from your queue! That’s why you’re still a Level 5 Jokesmith!

Zach: I’m in the gym, being mentored by Kaoru, when we hear the doom and gloom music…
W: Hmmm, Isabelle must have wet herself after consuming the bar drinks I left her. She’s entered a state of Ultimate Mortification.

Grim Reaper: Six types of death in in eight days---it’s a new personal best for you, Watchette!
*counts fingers: Overexertion, Overheating, Hysteria, Cardiac Explosion, Drowning, Cowplant, Old Age, and now Mortification. That's eight all together, so what’s left?
W: Electrocution, Fire, and Starvation. The first two will be super hard, I’m sure!
I feel very bad that Nami’s generation had to deal with so many deaths but this will make life easier for the remaining generations.

Tuesday

Nio: Would you please help me out, Watchette? *waves arm
I'm late for work, which started an hour ago at 1 am, but I’m stuck on the computer and can’t leave.
W: Sheesh, Nio, I wish you sims would autonomously stop what you’re doing when it’s time to go to work.
Nio: By the way, Watchette, do you like me when I wear my Level 9 Oracle threads?
W: Oh yes, Nio, I like you very, very much in your Oracle threads! And when you get home, let’s have a talk about Lyric.

Author’s Notes

Guillermo:
I still can’t believe he died of old age after all that time the family remain glued to the lot for his sake.
Do you remember how blue Frank was planning outfits to change hats as he tried to get embarrassed, then dazed, and then embarrassed again?
Apparently, all of Guillermo’s needs (except Social) got refilled whenever a sim came out of CAS after planning outfits. (Thanks to Playalot for explaining how to test the relationship between CAS and NPC needs.)
So now we know: If you’re trying to starve an NPC sim, don’t plan outfits!

The Eighth Sim:
Now that Isabelle is gone and the household is back down to seven sims, I’m torn about who the eighth sim should be.
Nami and Zach could have a third child (a daughter, this time) or Nio could invite Lyric to join the family.
If we go the Lyric route, Zach and his Active trait could join an Athlete career and Lyric becomes the homebody. She’ll have to wait to have an in-house child.
Kaoru becomes an elder in two sim-days, but he has the Long-Lived trait and……hmmmm.

To the next chapter