Author Topic: Want to Rock Out with Grim's Ghoulish Guitar? Sims 4 Email Sign-Up Incentive  (Read 4962 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Source:  The Sims.com

Want to Rock Out with Grim's Ghoulish Guitar?

17 AUGUST 2016BY SIMGURUDRAKECOMMENT

Is your Sim musically inclined? Can they rock out? Have they been known to shred on occasion? If so, they'll definitely want to add this axe to their collection. It's Grim's Ghoulish Guitar*, and it's exclusively available to those who sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter. The guitar's eyes glow, and a cloud of black smoke will appear under your Sim - just like Grim. It's rockin'!

All you need to do is sign up for emails about The Sims (as well as other EA products, news, events, and promotions) and get Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. This exclusive in-game The Sims 4 item will help take your Sim's guitar skills to a rockin' new level. That's it! Just sign up here, and this wicked guitar will be added to your game.

Note:    Basically, EA wants you to sign up for their newsletter to get the pictured guitar.  This isn't an endorsement from Carl's The Sims 4 Guide, on whether to get it or not, but just making the announcement.

For the guitar:  https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/newsletter

Can't get the Grim Guitar? Or Can't Find It?

After entering your email address, load the game. It should be there. If it's not, it maybe an account glitch of some sort. It would also be a good idea to check that you don't have a child's account. (13 or 14 and under.) You need an adult or Full account (14 and over) to have the guitar. More information on this below:

Aging up an EA Account to an adult account
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account

Offline Franki

• Occult
Got to admit the guitar looks awesome in game..

Couldn't help but take a pic of one of my sims jamming on the guitar..

Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
I did the email and nothing is happening on my end

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
@Nancy01905

You may need to contact EA's customer support (How-To). As it may be an account issue.  However, first, try deleting the localthumbcache.package from inside the Sims 4 folder. Load the game again to see if it shows up.

I did the email and nothing is happening on my end
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
can do, once i am back home, i am house sitting and not on my computer

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
    • Creations Haven
i did check my game and I did get the guatiar

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
I like it. It is unfortunate that it doesn't have an electric sound, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
I'm also having the no-guitar-even-though-I-signed-up glitch. Hopefully with the deletion of the localthumbcache.package and a little bit of luck :-) I'll be editing this to say something else :-)

Edit: it worked!! Man, that guitar is awesim! I don't think I'll be buying any other guitar from this point on.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Problems with getting Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
If you're having problems suggested things to try are: (If not able to register to get the guitar)

1. Use a different browser.
2.  Clear browser cache

Note: EA/Origin's official word is: Child accounts are restricted as to what they can and cannot do online. That includes signing up for the newsletter (and thus getting the guitar.) The age required not to be a child account varies by country. This is intentional.

3. If you're already logged in or playing the game, exit the game and log out.
4. Log back in and start Sims 4 again. You should see a message about receiving the guitar. If you want to check this, go to buy mode > Objects by Function > Activities and Skills > Creative. It should be the first guitar you see with a star in it's icon. Noting that it's new.

Image below shows where the guitar should be located. Click on image to enlarge.

5. If after trying the above you still can't find the guitar in buy mode Contact EA, As it may be an account issue. [We cannot help with account issues.]

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-newsletter
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything