Author Topic: Origin Sale  (Read 2330 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Origin Sale
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:40:19 AM »
Origin are currently having a 50% off sale on Sims 4 expansions. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but here is the link to the store. Remember to use the code ORIGIN50 at checkout.

Now... which expansions do I want?  ;D I haven't played a lot lately, but I have this huge urge to build an entire neighbourhood of eco-friendly houses.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Origin Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:08:29 AM »
Thank you for posting this! 

After spending over a thousand dollars on The Sims 3, I have been trying to only buy Sims 4 products when they are on sale.  I just purchased the Backyard stuff pack through your link.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:32 PM »
Thanks for posting this _Annika_. 

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 05:21:42 AM »
That is actually a great question: "Which one do I want?" I'd like to know what effect each pack has on game play, and which ones have the potential to drastically change how the game is played. If one has "Get to Work", can they have games on different machines, where Sims are employed normally, but "Don't get to work"? Are abductions just a fact of life, when one gets the appropriate pack? Can they be avoided, or turned off? I know when you have the restaurant pack, you can choose not to plant a restaurant. However, if you do have one, you are likely going to have loads of requests from neighbors, friends & even acquaintances, to go out to eat, morning, noon & late afternoon. What effects do the other packs have, that permanently change how things are done?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
Get to Work changes the game by adding alien abductions, which you can avoid by placing the satellite dish by using bb.showhiddenobjects and search for miscellaneous electronics and use "prevent adbuctions."  You have to remember to click that every day (or where ever your Sims are that day --- I place one on each lot to which my Sims travel.)  If it's a hidden lot, use bb.freebuild before any other cheats to get the satellite dish.

Get to Work also makes Sims sick --- occasionally (and sometimes everyone in a household).  You can buy medicine on the computer (Sims get better after one dose of medicine), but they still need extra rest and orange juice.  NPC's and most played Sims may go to the hospital, but the Sims in your active household may not.  The household that you're playing cannot get an illness, which requires surgery.

Get Together adds game play (Windenberg) and adds clubs that come with the pack (or you may create your own club, which can be anything you want your Sim to do).  Clubs about work help you get promoted faster at work.

Dine Out adds game play.  If you have a restaurant, you will have to manage employees.

Outdoor Retreat adds camping/vacation time for your Sims!

Spa Day adds a relaxing day at the spa :)

Stuff packs add stuff, of course, which gives your more stuff to do with your Sims.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »
Thank you very much. I really like the idea of extra neighborhoods & more options to explore. Not sure I'm ready to have my game change yet. It is unfortunate that they have the all in one Origin. I'd like to be able to turn off packs, on certain computers, like you could do with Sims 3. I wish they they would add more neighborhoods. I do like added functionality, but more land to try out more housing & building designs would be cool. It might be nice, if the houses that you could see outside the neighborhood lots, could be proxy lots, for future expansion packs. There is a lot of life in Sims 4, and I'm sure if they kept adding neighborhoods, people would purchase them. Free neighborhoods are cool too. Unfurnished neighborhoods for free & prebuilt neighborhoods for purchase, sounds like a good plan. Just wishin.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »
Thank you very much. I really like the idea of extra neighborhoods & more options to explore. Not sure I'm ready to have my game change yet. It is unfortunate that they have the all in one Origin. I'd like to be able to turn off packs, on certain computers, like you could do with Sims 3. I wish they they would add more neighborhoods. I do like added functionality, but more land to try out more housing & building designs would be cool. It might be nice, if the houses that you could see outside the neighborhood lots, could be proxy lots, for future expansion packs. There is a lot of life in Sims 4, and I'm sure if they kept adding neighborhoods, people would purchase them. Free neighborhoods are cool too. Unfurnished neighborhoods for free & prebuilt neighborhoods for purchase, sounds like a good plan. Just wishin.

You're welcome, @CuriousSim.  Free neighborhoods would be awesome!  I would definitely buy that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 03:06:06 PM »
I tried buying two of the packs I don't have yet, Backyard and Kids, and got an error code 54001 while paying using PayPal. :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »
When I searched on the problem, it didn't give any specifics on the actual error code (54001).

The closest I could find is that it may be a language conflict/issue with the order. See link below for more details.

Payment error codes from Origin
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-payment-errors/

If the suggested tip doesn't help, it may be a good idea to contact EA's Customer Service to see if they can help.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything