Author Topic: Graphics Help - GTX 1060 (Sims 3)  (Read 14657 times)

Offline SamPlaysSimGames

• Nooboo
Graphics Help - GTX 1060 (Sims 3)
« on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:22 AM »
Hello, So I'm thinking about getting a PC with a Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card, I was wondering if the Sims 3 would run on it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Graphics Help - GTX 1060
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »
Yes the graphics card should run Sims 3 and it's expansions without too many problems in high settings.

However with Sims 3, please keep in mind due to the game engine's quirks the game still suffers from micro-stutters and periodic slow downs. There is not a lot you can do to fix this.

Also the more content you add to the game, like custom content, game mods and store content the more the game will lag. This is due to the way the game handles additional content. Again, not much can be done to speed that up unfortunately.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »
** Download the most current graphics files we have with the link below:

How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Graphics Help - GTX 1060 (Sims 3)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »
To expand on what MrsFlynn said with micro-stutters and the like, the WORLD you play on can make a massive difference, as can the size of your family.

Isla Paradiso is absolutely terrible. I also found that a family of more than 6 can have severe stutter/freezing issues. Unfortunately... that's just the game. Not a lot you can do about it.

Offline aveelianaaru

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
The files in the zipped file attached should work for you. Download and unzip. You can overwrite the current .sgr files with these.

You may need to load the game to main menu and exit to make the Deviceconfig.log file be aware of the change.

Then the DeviceConfig.log file should be able to say "Found: 1, Matched: 1"

I signed up to this site just to thank you.  Tried a few solutions and bc idk what i'm really doing, it didn't work.  Tysm for just doing it and making it available to download!  Now, not only do I have a fixed version for ts2 but also for ts3! :-) ♥ 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Graphics Help - GTX 1060 (Sims 3)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
You're welcome!! I'm happy to hear this helped you!! I have enjoy making the graphics files available. So much easier for players to copy them into their install folder and get back to playing the game. :)