Author Topic: The Biggest, Happiest Family Challenge! For Family-Oriented Players ~ Ch.20 3/19  (Read 23475 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Biggest, Happiest Family Challenge! For Family-Oriented Players~
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 04:34:37 AM »
Oh goodness! That makes two stories on this forum where players suddenly had triplets! I hope it doesn't spread to my game...

But seriously, Echo is an awesome Mom and I'm sure both mother and watcher will do wonderfully! This game wouldn't be fun without a bit of chaos, hey?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
Oh wow, I recently had unplanned triplets in my Rival Dynasty challenge too! I have to wonder if it's caused by the most recent patch or something. Good luck, that's gonna be a huge challenge taking care of three babies at once! At least it should get a bit easier once they age into children.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 03:24:06 PM »
I laughed out loud. Of course! Triplets just when everyone was excited about being done having babies. I'm sure this will be a challenge, but I look forward to seeing how you navigate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 04:28:42 PM »
@Whirligig I honestly hope you don't catch this bug! I've had a bit of fun with the chaos too, so you're very right. Family-Oriented sims really do flourish with this challenge. I can't wait to see what it will be like when I have 5 teenagers, though... Thank you so much for your support!!

@NexttoNormal oh my goodness! We can suffer together. What are the genders of your kids? With your permission, it would be so cool to stick them in my game and hook them up with my kids! That would be so awesome! I'll need to check your story out when I'm not on mobile.

@FrancescaFiori It seriously killed me how I was so happy to have the third and final baby only to end up with another three. I mean, come on game! But now that they're no longer babies in my game it makes life SO much easier. Echo and Travis got negative hours of sleep for a few days. I appreciate your support as well!

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »
This family is absolutely adorable! I love Everest's name also!

TRIPLETS!? Oh wow, Echo has got a lot of hard work coming her way! No wonder she was so hungry haha So many nooboos!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »
@Peaches Thank you so much! And Everest is a guilty pleasure name of mine. I'm so glad you like it! And yeah, I should've known... The suffering begins!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 5
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 07:14:26 PM »
Chapter 5: Much, MUCH Harder

Witnessed a funny scene of a woman stalking down the street and a guy looking like he was about to run. This is very irrelevant but hey it gave me a giggle in this time of hardship.

Very excited about Sully and Elsa Bjergsen getting along! I can see them becoming very close friends ;)

THIS GAME FILE IS CURSED! Not only is this my second fire, but honestly I’m still reeling about the triplets. *screams internally*

Synchronized fire dancing is always fun to watch, though.

In more light-hearted news, Ever completed her aspiration after becoming friends with Max Villarreal! Sully reached Mental skill level 10 right afterwards, which means all he has to do is get an A in school and he’s done!

Caring for three babies is endless torture. 0/10 would not recommend. Just a few more hours before their birthday. The suffering couldn’t end quickly enough.

Echo also decided to start to try and loose a bit of the baby weight. But she’ll always be cool and curvy thanks to her Lazy trait inevitably kicking in. And I'm okay with that  ;D

SWEET RELEASE. The torture has come to an end! I’m… excited… to have three more kids… To fulfill aspirations of… And feed…
Anyways, Della is Neat, and aspires to be an artistic prodigy, while Hammy is Self-Assured, and Harry is Lazy, and both aspire to be rambunctious scamps.

Adeline is obviously first in green. Hamilton is second, he will be light blue. Lastly, Harrison will be dark blue. It’s crazy to see the genetic variation between these kids! I think Della is absolutely stunning, though!

I’m too mentally exhausted from these three to make this chapter any longer.

Achievements:
Echo got promoted to Project Manager(5)!
Ever completed her aspiration, Social Butterfly!
Sully reached Mental skill level 10!
Triplets aged up into children!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 6
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 01:55:11 AM »
Chapter 6: Surviving But Not Thriving

The boys got started on the motor skill right away. Pretty much spent my last bit of money on those monkey bars. Travis better bring home bank from work today.

I gave Echo a family leave day so she could cook a ton of meals to have for busy days later in the week. (Travis is juuuust about to leave for work here.)

This angry young man got his grades up! So he completed his aspiration only a day after his baby sister! Still embarrassing though, am I right? I think that’s why he’s grumpy.

Poor triplets. They basically just have beds because there are literally 78 simoleans in household funds right now. They all woke up to monsters since they don’t have night-lights :(

Seriously can’t believe there are FIVE kids to take care of…

We’re on our way to finishing all of the kids’ aspirations! I’ve always found rambunctious scamp and artistic prodigy to be the easiest of the four.

Seeing these two become best friends is absolutely precious.

The cuteness factor of this family is doing a great job in making up for the suffering I’ve endured thanks to them.

Can’t believe my little boy is already becoming a teen! ;(

I’d be making that face if I aged up with that disgusting ponytail too. He’s now a Loner on top of being a Geek, and he shares aspirations with his dad, Computer Whiz.

Last pic of his kid bedroom…

Oh, and this is what he looks like now. Quite handsome, if I do say so myself!

Achievements:
Sully got his grades up to an A!
Sully completed his aspiration, whiz kid!
Ever got her grades up to a B, then an A!
Della, Hammy, and Harry got up to a B!
Travis got promoted to Independent Consultant(8 )!
Echo got promoted to Development Captain(6)!
Sully aged up into a Teen!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
@EchoLegacy

I bow before your family managing skills. Just reading your story here makes my breathing strained, but you are doing very well :) I wonder if I could ever hope to do a challenge, rules and restrictions not sitting well with me and all. Oh well, it's certainly inspiring to read about the projects of others. Thanks for sharing this awesome challenge. Looking forward to its continuation 8)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I've been reading your story from the start but only posting for the first time today.

Echo and Travis have produced such an attractive group of children!
I feel for you and your triplets. Like, why couldn't the first birth be triplets? Myself, I've never had a controlled sim with triplets, not even a father! *sniffle, sniffle

When you mentioned that the triplets make your game harder, I went back to reread your rules.
How is the next-generation heir determined? Are you free to pick the one you deem the most suitable?

Best wishes with your challenge! Seems like your triplets will be done with their aspirations soon--what a great job you're doing!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
@Nindigo Thank you so much! You're making me blush :) It's so cool to see how everyone has their different ways of enjoying the sims! I'm glad you're enjoying it~

@oshizu I hope you get triplets at a time that is convenient to you! Or maybe inconvenient as well, because it adds to the fun! I'll pass my multiple stick along to you *bows*

Triplets make my game a lot harder because your kids have to have a child(or one on the way) and be married when the move out. Since I only have one spot left in my household, the pregnancy of Sullivan's spouse will have to happen before marriage, and then they'll get married and move out afterwards, because I just don't have the room!

As for the heir, I figured you could just pick, although because of the way the screens happen I thought I just had my Adeline before the other two were born, so I made her heir. It's not really consequential, and perhaps the rules could even be modified so that you can pick any of your children to be heir :)

Thank you so much to all of those that have been readers! I'm hoping to get another chapter up soon; university has been kicking my butt! I'm gonna say sometime today. Much appreciate all of your patience!

Edit: Turns out I have one more chapter saved I hadn't posted yet! I'll be posting that shortly~

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 7
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »
Chapter 7: Attempted Romance and Makin’ Bank

This is the face of the latest barista at Simbucks! He’s starts at level 2, Bean Blender. I'm guessing because of his grades. And there are 5 teen careers, so the kids get to do one of each! So that’s kinda cool :)

Decided to finally redeem some reward traits so that they could have a maid. Neat freak Della is absolutely stoked about finally using a clean toilet for once. Echo got Free Services and Carefree. Travis got Frugal and Steel Bladder.

Also went ahead and did the lot traits while I was at it. Fast Internet, Private Dwelling, and Homey. Yay for quicker skilling!

Now that Sully is a teen, he’s putting the moves on Elsa. (Don’t worry, this disaster of an outfit didn't last long. I bought a closet just to send her into it and save my eyes.)

Decided to throw Travis’s adult birthday party at the park, which means the kids got to play on the jungle gym for the first time! And fulfill the first level of the boys' aspirations! Of course, Echo and Travis jumped at the opportunity to play monster. But, where’s Sully?

Oh, just off building the skill he needs for his job and fulfilling one of the party requirements. Thanks for taking one for the team, son.

Love having this big family out to celebrate and support their dad!

…and to support their brother macking for the first time! I'm digging Max Villareal's jealous stare here.

You know it’s leftover night when… Curse that there is no odd increment for food. Echo has to make 8's of everything and there's one left over of each, annoyingly. Hence, leftover night.

Might look like just a grubby counter with some fish and chips on it, but these are the instruments that were the cause of Echo reaching level 10 cooking skill! You go, girl!

I know I keep saying this, but time is flying! This girl is going to be a teenager in just a few days! I wish I could say I'm gonna miss having so many kids around, but I get to keep doing this for several generations! So I don't mind :)

Nothing like aging into an adult to make you realize you need to whoop your butt into shape! And, honestly, be a better example for your kids…

Built a little garden area for the kids to play in. I love seeing them interact with each other! There’s a lot of love in this family :) And the boys just maxed their motor skills! Woo!

Five kids later and these two still got it! I love Harry's little side eye, like I see you two ;)

First day as a Barista was a success! Sully seems pretty happy about those 82 simoleans he earned, all things considered.

Look at these A students! Straight home to homework. Those grades don't come easy, you know. They’ll all so hardworking!

These looks of disbelief are understandable. These two just finished their aspirations! Now only Della to go, and all of the kids’ accomplishments are finished. I can't wait for the future of this family!

Achievements:
Travis aged up into an adult!
Sully and Elsa Bjergsen started dating!
Echo reached skill level 10 of cooking!
Hammy and Harry reached level 10 motor skill!
Della, Hammy, and Harry achieved A’s!
Hammy completed his aspiration, rambunctious scamp!
Harry completed his aspiration, rambunctious scamp!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@EchoLegacy  You are truly a saint!

The children are gorgeous, the family looks so happy, and everyone is making great progress!!!
I appreciate your generosity with the multiples stick but I won't have the household openings for triplets in my current challenge.
If/When I start a new and different challenge, I will return to plead for some of your multiples mojo, lol.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
@oshizu you are much to kind!

I am very partial to agree with you on the kids. I'm super excited to see the generation after them! (I'm always getting ahead of myself....)

In that case, I rescind my blessing until it is convenient for you :)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Chapter 8
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 02:40:14 AM »
Chapter 8: Short and Sweet!

As is customary, little Ever gets her birthday off of school, and seized the opportunity to spend some extra time with her best friend, Lucas.

Also, I just realized I never showed off the house! I’m not a very good builder and I prefer to keep everything on the first floor, so this is as good as it gets…

This stressed out kid just got an A! Which means that Della can finally complete her aspiration, since Echo is now on the last level of the Successful Lineage aspiration.

Say goodbye to this precious baby girl…

…and hello to near TS3 levels of derpy aging up! She is now a Perfectionist on top of being Outgoing, and aspires to be a Friend of the World.

She’s got really unique facial features. Aaaand I decided to keep the pigtails :p

Goodbye, childhood bedroom! ;(

Despite having the nightlights, Harry and Hammy wake up to a monster almost every day! I blame this awful new patch…

With this final picture, aptly of a monster, Della finished her aspiration! This means that the only stage left in the Successful Lineage aspiration is having a child reach the top of a career.

Ever is working Retail, and apparently loving it! She too began at level 2, like her brother, as a Sales Floor Clerk.

These two ended up skipping school and playing hooky, which means one thing led to another and…

You DEVIOUS kids! (To be completely honest... her fun was ridiculously low)

That’s where I’m gonna end this chapter! Unfortunately I'm very tired and it's hard to find time to play right now. However, Echo, Della, Harry, and Hammy are all due to age up in the next few sim days, so look forward to that!

Achievements:
Sullivan got up to an A!
Echo got promoted to Next Big Thing?(7)!
Sully got promoted to Latte Artiste(3)!
Della completed her aspiration, Artistic Prodigy!
Ever and Lucas Munch are now going steady!

Overall Progress(new! decided to add this to show & keep track of what I need to still do)

Echo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kids:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A/N: Della, Harry, and Hammy’s spouses are going to be coming from a fellow simmer! Until I get them into my game, I’m going to put off the next chapter. Also, finals week is in two weeks, and I really should focus on school. So sorry in advance if chapters are even more spacey!