Author Topic: The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack  (Read 9465 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
The Sims 4:  Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack is now available at Origin.
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff

It costs $9.99 USD

It's time for your Sims to live luxuriously with The Sims™ 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff. Dress Sims in stunning vintage fashions and accessories, then try on makeup at the vanity table. Adorn your Sim's home with high-end furnishings and even hire a butler to fulfill their every need.

KEY FEATURES

Stunning vintage fashion. Drape your Sims in classic Hollywood inspired fashion that's as elegant as it is timeless. Accessorize with sparkling diamond jewelry and choose ravishing hairstyles that'll turn heads wherever they go.

All-new vanity table. Sims can use the vanity table to primp before a night out or practice their flirty advances. Give your Sims an entirely new look, or quickly apply makeup that will last all evening long.

Hire a personal butler. Summon your Sim's live-in butler with the ring of a bell. They'll cook meals, tidy up, greet guests and fulfill almost any request. Make sure to give the butler praise to receive quicker service that'll keep your Sims in the lap of luxury.

Original:

Source:  The Sims.com

Go Classic With The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack
by SimGuru

Is your Sim longing for threads and furnishing that match the glamour and decadence of yester-year? Well, get ready because The Sims™ 4 is going classic with The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack*, coming next week on December 6th!

The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Official Trailer

This pack has some really cool new objects to make your Sim's home feel like it’s right out of the golden age of old Hollywood. With the new vanity table, your Sim can now take their time touching-up their make-up and looking their very best, without going in to Create a Sim! Children can also play at the vanity table, with slightly messier results. And when they’re done getting ready, they can go ahead and grab a drink from their classy new 16th Century Monte Vista Globe Bar.

This pack has really great decorative items & fancy furnishings for your Sims home, including a particularly awesome giraffe lamp that every Sim is going to want in pride of place. There’s also some really cool new wallpapers that have a metallic reflective appearance, and we just know you’re going to love them!

One more little thing; your Sim will be able to live an easy life without having to lift a finger. That’s right, The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff also adds a Butler NPC that your Sim can hire to do the things they don’t want to, like cooking, cleaning, repairing broken things and tending to the garden. If your Sim spots them relaxing when they're on duty, the Butler even gets embarrassed. Don't be too mean to them though, they can also sabotage objects...

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Official trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
Just in case it is buried in the first post, here is the official trailer for Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff:

The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Official Trailer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
Wow, @Bri!  That looks like an awesome stuff pack 8)!  I can't wait to get it next week.  I really like the new content --- especially the butler and the vanity table --- even for child Sims!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 04:54:11 PM »
Yay! Butlers! I'm also very attracted to the globe bar. Very classy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:59:51 PM »
@FrancescaFiori --- The globe bar looks awesome, too :)!

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
Wow, if there was ever a pack that I would want to mark my calendar for, this is it. Can't wait!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this? I have reservations about this Stuff Pack and am really not that enthused about it for the following reasons.

First, I have never really been a fan of the whole Vintage thing, it's just not my style, I also think this may look out of place in the Sims 4 with it's modern look and feel.

Butlers seem cool but other NPCS don't do their job properly so why should the Bulter be any different? This should have been included in an expansion pack or a free update.

Where are the gameplay mechanics, the new interactions, new objects for my Sims to interact with? There just doesn't seem to be much for our Sims to do in this pack. All I'm really seeing is mostly a bunch of fashion items and furniture. I don't really care to watch my Sim spend about an hour putting on make up when I can do it in CAS in a flash. Not do I care much for yet another redesigned bar, I mean come on, how many bars do we need?

I will say however, that I like some of the furniture and decor items very much and if I do get this pack it will be mainly for those things.

I'm not trying to rag on EA, just expressing my disappointment, I know they are trying and props to them for that, I just feel that something like a family orientated pack or something that adds to existing content would have been much better rather than something that just feels like a gimmick.  ??? :(

Edited because I meant to say Stuff Pack not Game Pack.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 12:24:34 AM »
Yeah, EA is really trying, which is awesome :)!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 12:32:32 AM »
I'm not underwhelmed by stuff packs, as some of them don't have a lot of things to interact with. They're more about the stuff - objects, decor, hair and clothes.

I'm liking the look of this pack  -love- the sunburst clock.

It'll be interesting to see what this stuff looks like in-game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 01:18:39 AM »
Stuff Packs in previous iterations of the Sims normally just had a small number of items (often with no more than basic interaction), some new clothing, and maybe some hairstyles.

The Sims 4 Stuffs actually contain a few more items, but yeah, they don't offer any game content other than appearance stuff. 

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 01:57:54 AM »
I think i'm gonna take a "wait and see" attitude to this pack. There are still a couple of expansion packs and a game pack I don't have and i'd rather save the money for those than this.

What would make this pack great to me and what i'm going to wait and see what people say about it is the butler function. It SOUNDS really cool. But after listening to multiple complaints about the maid and repairman in the game i'm gonna HOPE they did a major overhaul of the service NPC AI and it works great now and the improvements extend to the maid and repairman. Otherwise this pack is gonna be pretty low on my list of priorities.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 02:46:23 AM »
Posted by: MrsFlynn« on: Today at 12:32:32 AM » Insert Quote
I'm not underwhelmed by stuff packs, as some of them don't have a lot of things to interact with. They're more about the stuff - objects, decor, hair and clothes.

True, I'm just disappointed that the one item I've seen, that Sims can interact with, the dresser, does essentially the same thing I can do in CAS.

I think i'm gonna take a "wait and see" attitude to this pack. There are still a couple of expansion packs and a game pack I don't have and i'd rather save the money for those than this.

What would make this pack great to me and what i'm going to wait and see what people say about it is the butler function. It SOUNDS really cool. But after listening to multiple complaints about the maid and repairman in the game i'm gonna HOPE they did a major overhaul of the service NPC AI and it works great now and the improvements extend to the maid and repairman. Otherwise this pack is gonna be pretty low on my list of priorities.

Yeah, I'm going to take the same view, for now, hopefully the Butlers can live with our Sims like they did in the Sims 3. I just hope they won't be as useless as the Maids, lol. Only time will tell so I will wait and see.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
This is so in my wheelhouse.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »
@Rainbow Dash I find that the thing that turns me off new content for this iteration is all the crazy posts on social media about how amazing it all is. lol. It's a stuff pack. *shrug* It has stuff...   I'm not really into vintage and all that detailed stuff that came with the base game (Princess Cordelia style) as I prefer modern with clean lines and/or the urban warehouse look.

That's the thing with stuff packs, it's either your 'thing' or it's not. I still love many of the items that came with Cool Kitchens lol despite that being on many peoples 'disliked' lists.  :)

I did see on the twitters though that SimGuruGraham has said that butlers do live in and that (I think) there is a special new door locking system for them. I actually can't find the actual tweet now as the sub feed has been going nuts.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 02:54:09 PM »
This is so in my wheelhouse.

lol! Hi @commasplice  Welcome to the forum. Nicely said.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.