Author Topic: Sims 3 and Sims 4 doesn't recognize graphics card - GTX 1050 Ti  (Read 24852 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
I'm having a problem with just too many files open and being positive I'm putting the right numbers in the right place.

You see I've finally saved up and now have a brand new gaming laptop so now I can get back to TS3 and try to find things I like about TS4.  Neither game recognizes my card.  It's a Nivida Geforce  GTX 1050 Ti.  I've had all the relevant files open and then when I get to the card sgr file I can only find two cards that even look close to what I need to add in and I'm really afraid I'm going to put the wrong numbers in the wrong place.  I usually feel confident about moving and changng things, but it took a lot of time to get my new baby!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 and Sims 4 doesn't recognize graphics card - GTX 1050 Ti
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
From your DeviceConfig.log file, please let us know your graphics device ID. Or the information in the Graphics device Info section of the file. With that we can better help edit the graphicscards.sgr and graphicsrules.sgr files.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »
From your DeviceConfig.log file, please let us know your graphics device ID. Or the information in the Graphics device Info section of the file. With that we can better help edit the graphicscards.sgr and graphicsrules.sgr files.

Thanks for repositioning my post.

Do you mean

vendor: 10de   Device: 1c8c   ?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:14:25 PM »
Find the zipped graphics files here and follow the directions below to install them.

Please don't forget to back up the original files first. :)

1. Take the zipped file from this post and copy to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Base Game\Game\Bin

2. Unzip it and overwrite what's there, it's fine this is to help get the game to recognize the graphics card.

3. You may need to load the game to main menu and exit to make the Config.log file be aware of the change.

4. The Config.log file should be able to say "Found: 1, Matched: 1" After this, the game should recognize the game.

-- To unzip (extract) files or folders from a zipped folder, locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip (extract) files or folders from. To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, right-click the folder, select Extract All.

Everything You Need to Know About Zip Files
https://www.howtogeek.com/178146/htg-explains-everything-you-need-to-know-about-zipped-files/

As for Sims 4, you may need to wait for EA to patch in compatibility with your video card. Newer cards should run the game anyway without having to edit the graphics files.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:59:24 PM »
Yep, that's what I mean.

The files in the zipped file attached should work for you. Download and unzip. You can overwrite the current .sgr files with these.

You may need to load the game to main menu and exit to make the Deviceconfig file be aware of the change.

Then the DeviceConfig file should be able to say "Found: 1, Matched: 1"

As for Sims 4, you may need to wait for EA to patch in compatibility with your video card. Newer cards should run the game anyway.

You are absolutely fabulous. My game now says found 1 matched 1. Thank you.

So there isn't a fix for TS4 yet?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:32 PM »
** The attached file is the graphics.sgr file for Sims 4 **

EA will most likely update the supported graphics card list soon for Sims 4. When it does, it should be automatically updated.

However, we added the GTX1050Ti to the GraphicsCard.sgr file, zipped it and attached it to this post. This should work for you. Download and unzip. You can overwrite the current .sgr file with it.

You may need to load the game to main menu and exit to make the Config.log file be aware of the change.

Then the Config.log file should be able to say "Found: 1, Matched: 1"

GraphicsRules.sgr doesn't need to be edited, so it wasn't included.

Offline DutchSimmer5

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
EA will most likely update the supported graphics card list soon for Sims 4. When it does, it should be automatically updated.

However, we added the GTX1050Ti to the GraphicsCard.sgr file, zipped it and attached it to this post. This should work for you. Download and unzip. You can overwrite the current .sgr file with it.

You may need to load the game to main menu and exit to make the Config.log file be aware of the change.

Thank you so much i have been working on this for a couple of days and it wouldn't work and now finally it says found 1 matched 1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vagenrullar

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 10:30:43 AM »
** The attached file is the graphics.sgr file for Sims 4 **

Hi! Could you please help me too? I've got an GTX 1660 Ti and when I tried to do it myself the lifespan setting for sims got messed up whenever I turned the game off. As soon as I loaded a game they will start on their next life stage before I have time to change the settings.

anything