Author Topic: [BUG] Won't Speed Up While Sims are Asleep  (Read 11287 times)

Offline casey.oswald

• Nooboo
[BUG] Won't Speed Up While Sims are Asleep
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »
I just recently got city living for sims 4. I don't know if this is related to having just got an expansion pack, but now it won't go into "Ultra-speed mode" or whatever it's called while all sims on the lot are asleep. I've tried checking to make sure I didn't accidentally invite someone over, but there's no-one in the house that I can see. I'm going to try re-starting Sims, but if anyone has any other advice that would be great.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Won't Speed Up While Sims are Asleep
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I can think of is that whenever someone in your household gets a phone call, the time speed goes back to 1.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline casey.oswald

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »
I've tried closing and re-opening the game, but that didn't affect anything. As far as I know, my sim hasn't gotten any phone calls, and normally when they do you can go back into the super-fast mode by hitting "3" or the equivalent arrows. However, when I click that, it just goes into the fastest speed it does when sims are awake. It also doesn't speed up while my sim is at work.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
It has been reported that ultraspeed isn't working during a festival in your neighborhood, even if your Sim is sleeping at home. It doesn't seem to matter if your household is living in an apartment or house.

[CL] No ultra speed while living in Apartments
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-No-ultra-speed-while-living-in-Apartments/m-p/5686728

Something to try:

When trying to use ultra speed, try pressing speed level 2 first, then after a little while try progressing to speed level 3.

*Note* If this sounds like it maybe the same issue you're having, hit the Me Too button under the first post. Also, they may still be looking for saved games with this issue. If you're willing to share your game, leave a message and someone will get back to you with the directions.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline casey.oswald

• Nooboo
Re: [BUG] Won't Speed Up While Sims are Asleep
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
It just started to work again! I have no clue what happened, but I'm happy it's working. Thanks for the help, everybody!!

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
Re: [BUG] Won't Speed Up While Sims are Asleep
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:48:40 PM »
I know that Festivals, particularly in your own neighbourhood, make it so ultra speed doesn't start.  However, as soon as the festival ends, the ultraspeed kicks in if you haven't done anything to pick a different speed.  So see if a festival is going on and if so, be patient for it to finish, I suppose.