Author Topic: Jungle Adventure - First Impressions  (Read 5261 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Jungle Adventure - First Impressions
« on: February 27, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
First off The world looks great. Buy adventure gear is a pain and luck based. It took me a day and a half sim time to even get the basics. Exploring the jungle is entertaining. Sadly the temple was too easy and safe. A lot more bad things happened to me in the jungle. Maybe I got lucky.

Archaeology Skill was easy to level and I have most of the aspiration done. Selvadoradian Culture, well I haven't figured out how to level in it effectively. Only level two as stuck there. I don't even know how I got to level two and have yet to find a use for it, well other than the aspiration that requires it.

Have not been able become a skeleton but thy are cool. In fact I have yet to be cursed in any way. Bugs and bat attacks a plenty. As feared no hint of jungle fleas. But on the postie there is no hint of new bug other than the ones they put there on purpose but there is plenty pf them. In fact it is hard to do anything in the jungle without spiders, bees and other vermin attacking.

I love the animals like the snakes and butterflies that are part of the scenery.

Over all one of the better adds to the game. But can anyone help me understand Selvadoradian Culture skill? I am at a loss.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Jungle Adventure - First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »
Thanks for merging mine in. There wasn't a first impressions post when I posted. I learned viewing the statue in the market gives Selvadoradian Culture skill bumps. At last a repeatable way to boost that skill. Still haven't found a use for it yet other then a few guitar songs and a tolerance for the local food.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »
Jungle Adventure is definitely inspired by World Adventures from The Sims 3. I happen to enjoy those and so I enjoy JA very much for the very same reasons. Those would be exploring temples and ruins, solving light puzzles, hoarding new collectibles, learning new foods, customs, music and whatnot. Other than that, Selvadorada is very lush and exotic which is always nice to look at when it's freezing and snows outside IRL. Oh, and I also enjoy the new build and CAS items.

I have yet to experience anything serious enough to threaten my Sim's life, so that I can't relay any info on.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:06:00 PM »
I was looking forward to this pack more than I have any others, and so far, I just LOVE it!  I love the way the sims move through the portals - no loading screen, but it does take a few seconds for them to get to the "other side".  Its's a beautiful world, and because they can move around through the portals without loading screens, they can be in really different places while you're still able to move between them and control them both.  There are loading screens for the specific lots, like the museum and the baths and marketplace, etc.  But all the space (jungle) between those lots is like open world, so you can have them exploring in different places and still move back and forth between them.

The encounters with eggs, bats, sloths, etc aren't what I expected.  I'd skilled my sims up a little - one in logic and rocket science, another in charisma and herbalism.  I didn't realize that the encounters with the different objects were within the chance cards that you get when you go through a portal.  So, the sim that is skilled in rocket science wasn't the sim that got the chance card about the egg.  I thought I would be able to choose which sim would, say, pick up the egg or scare off the bats or walk through the sloths - but that's not how that works. 

My sim got attacked by bees and did not have the flower she needed to ward them off, so got stung pretty severely.  Fortunately, her husband had brought along a Soothing Skin Balm he made with his herbalism skill.  She used that and the negative bee sting moodlet disappeared completely.  WIN!

My sims spent the first two days in Selvadorado chatting up the locals and buying items from the vendors.  They learned some good information, but despite several attempts, never got the chance to purchase some of the items needed in the jungle.  Nothing has really threatened their lives yet, but if it's hard to get some of the items, that could get frustrating. 

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »
I like it so far, though I have been playing for 20 minutes and my sim is already poisoned by the carniverous plants.  There is some learning curve to this pack, but that is to be expected.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 07:05:07 PM »
I'm loving this pack and if they make it the model for 2 or 3 more vacation packs, I'll be in Sim heaven. The clothing and build/buy mode items are lovely, maxing level 5 of the Selvadoran culture skill is fun, even though you spend most of your time chatting with locals (including someone overly flirtatious in the cantina). But at level 4, you can start learning the rumbasim, and at level 5 you get access to secret goods from the vendors, including tents and other stuff from Outdoor Retreat if you have it. My Sim could also buy sugar skulls.

I was impressed that the temple my Sim explored was quite different from the one shown in the livestream. She was never attacked by bats or spiders, but bees were frequent and slightly less obnoxious than the ones in TS2. The scenery is very impressive and the temple is quite spooky at night. I experienced some suspense wondering if my Sim would die of the poison dart that hit her because she never did find the antidote. The skeleton, however, was a little disappointing. One walked by her while she was excavating, and she didn't react to it until after she finished what she was doing.

It seems like every game pack gets better and better, but I can't think of anything more that I'd want from this.

Note: I should mention that I picked up the triple boost on needs from Jasmine Holiday, so sleep and food weren't much of a problem while my Sim was exploring.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:32:12 PM »
Note: I should mention that I picked up the triple boost on needs from Jasmine Holiday, so sleep and food weren't much of a problem while my Sim was exploring.

Was that before you went on vacation, or did you find Jasmine on vacation?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »
FYI @scoed  Easiest way to level the culture skill is to spam the special friendly socials on the vendor sims  :) Or continuously drink the new mixology drinks at the local bar.  ::) There's only 5 levels to it and special hidden items become available on the vendor stalls and food stalls so it's worth spamming it before heading off on an adventure.

Also camping gear available by clicking on vendor sim too btw. More options again unlock at L5 culture skill but all the basics are there just like at Granite Falls
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
I am not so sure by spamming view on that statue I raised from skill 2 to 5 in only a few sim hours or five min in real time. Hard to beat that.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 09:35:47 PM »

Was that before you went on vacation, or did you find Jasmine on vacation?

Before going on vacation. But it's possible that you can call her from Selvadora -- I just didn't check.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »
I am not so sure by spamming view on that statue I raised from skill 2 to 5 in only a few sim hours or five min in real time. Hard to beat that.

That's pretty good, although boring to watch eh. Least it was super quick!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:23:02 PM »
Sounds wonderful, what a shame I find Sims 4 stressful, otherwise I'd be there as well, still at least I still have France, Egypt and China to keep me entertained. ;)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:22 AM »
Ok, so I'm having a bit too much fun with this pack XD Dr. Jones (yes, yes I did XD) found a statue and turned his pregnant girlfriend into a skeleton.  All their socials took a negative hit when he tried to interact with her as a skeleton XD (I don't blame her in the least).  He did turn himself into one.  It's a 2 day moodlet and you don't have to worry about needs when it happens, which is awesome.  It's amusing to watch.  The jungle itself is a lot of fun and beautiful.  The one downside is what @scoed said before about having to wait a while to get all the supplies especially the repellents and what not.  I found leveling the Culture skill rather easy by just talking to all and sundry.  So far, I am enjoying this pack and can't wait to get into building with the new objects!  I love that they gave us a very Indiana Jones hat.  But no full outfit for men.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 12:54:59 AM »
@Deklitch  I can agree with you. Playing TS4 can be such a struggle when you like to micro manage. I find myself rage-quitting often and returning for a peaceful and relaxing game of TS3 often.  :) I still personally hold TS3 WA way above TS4 Jungle Adventures.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 01:50:34 AM »
Before going on vacation. But it's possible that you can call her from Selvadora -- I just didn't check.

It is not. Jasmine can only be called from the home lot. I checked.

@Deklitch  I can agree with you. Playing TS4 can be such a struggle when you like to micro manage. I find myself rage-quitting often and returning for a peaceful and relaxing game of TS3 often.  :) I still personally hold TS3 WA way above TS4 Jungle Adventures.

If there was a similar Don in TS3, I'd be playing that a whole lot more. But you know, as they say, home is where the heart is ::)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

anything