Author Topic: Jax's Immortal Dynasty  (Read 20716 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Jax's Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »
Oof! Sacrificed at the altar of cow, indeed! And not for the last time, since no Get to Work means no cloning machine. Yikes! Still, they seem like a very happy family, and the house looks fantastic!
Welcome to Brendon!
Your gardener returning to her favorite sleep spot cracked me up. Some things never change. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 06:50:03 PM »
@oshizu  thanks, I'll include pics of the house in chpt 4 (which I'll be posting soon) Dale's hair is still the same, that's Jax you're looking at. Actually I haven't changed any of the NPC's at all at this point as BG CAS is so uninspiring! I do modify their outfits for Dale's YA birthday party as when I went to look at what their party outfits were...well lets just say that clown shoes seemed to be a fav.  :-\
@sdhoey  ty. Well slowly but surely these sims will age, can't say I'm enjoying the extra days that were added on with toddlers. Obviously I can see the reasoning behind it but 24 days for Ya/A is a long time extra really.
@Shewolf13  Ironically both Dale and Kourtney have the Muser trait as does Maia and the next NPC I add to the house... so kinda sarcasm and kinda true!  :P My game seems to be generating many would be writers and painters lol
@FrancescaFiori  Exactly, so lots of cow plant essences are required. It's quite the chore actually. Also the best bath no longer reduces the term of the drained moodlet as it used to, maybe a bug or maybe baths were retuned I'm not sure, but basically there is no way I can reduce the 2 day timer so it's a real downer having all the NPC's moaning about being uncomfortable all day long. If they're in the house I can overcome if with Happy etc but the NPC who fish, well... after the initial 4hrs of Happy or Focused they're not having such a great time.

Thanks for reading as always. I feel bad that I'm not commenting on your stories in return but mostly it's because I'm always so far behind that it seems nuts to comment but I have the weekend free so I'm looking forward to turning the phone off and having a good reading session. You're a talented bunch you know. :) I'm always quite amazed at the non-stop creativity that so many of you have, and a little envious.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chpt 3. Birthday
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »
Some days Marion brunches alone and enjoys the solitude.

Other days all the ladies get together to make the most of her last days.

Somewhere along the line these two work on their relationship. Best buds and Soul Mates now so really just waiting for their watcher to get into party mode.

Jax: You're the love of my life you know.
Kourtney: Oh I love you Jaxon.
Watcher: Awwww

Dale adores his younger brother and the saying 'moth to a flame' spring to mind.

Watcher: Err, books, writing, life long ambition....
Dale: In a sec, I'm busy....'aint that right bro?
Brendon: Gurgle

Watcher discovers something.

Watcher: *Looks at traits* Oh I didn't know you were childish! Righty-o then you better watch some kids TV and grab that moodlet!

Jax takes the night shift.

Jax: If you moved the crib up to the bedroom I wouldn't have to do this sleepwalking.
Watcher: Meh... then you'd all be traipsing upstairs and down all day long.

With Marion getting old, well older, well close to death, I decided a new housemate might be in order.

Jax: Hmmm, I not too sure about this watcher, I mean we already have a lot of women in the house, no offense Miss...err gardenwomen.

Decision was made for us as she sacrificed herself to the Alter of Cow while Jax was showing her the garden.

Watcher: Done deal, get to be friends Jax and invite her in!
Jax: On it.

A quick trip to Don's house to do some fishing.

Made quicker than was planned due to a little man's birthday announcement appearing!

Jax: Whoop! Happy Birthday Brendon!
Brendon: Wheeee! ima real boy now!

Watcher: Dang that kid's gotta big head! I hope that's not some genetic default that's going to plague the generations.
Jax: Don't speak like that about my son. If you can't be pleasant I suggest you go outside until you can be.
Watcher: My bad... I'm sure it's just the camera angle..

Jax: Tree.
Brendon: ...
Watcher: Oh yeah, his head looks pretty much fine now.
Jax: *Warning tone* Watcher.

Despite having his mother's coloring little Brendon doesn't seem to throw temper tantrums even when near starvation. Not that I'm in the habit of starving toddlers but skills people...skills!

This happened.

Watcher: Wow, you're looking super skinny their Jax, maybe your diet of regular moodlet solvers isn't all that healthy.
Jax: While I appreciate greatly your concern, maybe we could have this conversation, you know, like later?

Jax: Don't tell mommy we're eating in the bedroom Bren.
Brendon: nom nom nom

Despite all the skilling there was lots of time for play.

And for story telling.

Brendon: Did the mean dragon eat the princess mommy?
Kourtney: Of course! Evil always wins at the end of the day! (Kourtney has the evil trait btw!)

Jax mastered cooking and started on gourmet skiling.

And Dale completed all the requirements for his Best Selling Author apart from the cash flow which should happen pretty soon.

Watcher: Grats Dale!
Dale: Thanks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »
Oops, so Dale didn't get new hair. I was wondering why he looked so hot from the back all of a sudden.
Clearly, I missed noticing the tats!

Hats off to you, Play. I simply can't imagine having to "earn" every single cowplant essence like that.
The gardener autonomously takes the cake before she's even moved in? I like her already!

May I confess that it's hard to notice anything else in a screenshot except Jax when he's in it?
That second shot of Jax and Brendon, I couldn't help but notice how nice Jax looks in those skinny jeans. o.O

Wow, quick work with Dale's Best-Selling Author inspiration! Thankfully, Books of Life are base game!
Enjoying this story immensely!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 10:39:15 PM »
@oshizu  yeah, Dale hasn't got the best genes which does worry me a little for Brendon but hopefully it'll all work out! lol  The BoL is broken at the moment too, it works when read by a sim who is not on the same lot as the sim the book is bound to so all in all this is turning into quite the story of bugs... comedy of errors? Who knows but Dales party was one hot mess....

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 10:48:30 PM »
lol!  It was just the way it was said.  I loved it ^^  Oh my, Jax is not happy with his watcher's opinion of his son.  I always find the toddler heads are pretty big, but that's true for real kiddos too hehe.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chpt 4: Dale's YA Birthday
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 10:52:54 PM »
Brendon has everyone wrapped around his little finger.

And we’re all pretty much ok with that. He’s a gorgeous wee kid.

Jax: Thank you watcher.
Watcher: You’re welcome.

Dale and Marion took the night off and spent it watching T.V. and chatting.

Which was nice considering what happened after Jax got home with another promotion.

Just then Marion exited the half-bath, pointed to a star and said …. Well nothing because she died.

Watcher: Hey Grim, long time no see.
Grim: How do you spell her name again?
Watcher: M.A. R.I.O.N.
Grim: You sure it’s not an A? I have a @MarianT here on the list…
Watcher: Gawd! No..no, that’s not the right marion..geez.
Grim: Ok, ok, keep your hair on, I’ve found her now. By the way, I like what you’ve done with the place, very minimalist.

Jax: Nice to meet you. I guess well’ be seeing a lot of you around here?
Grim: Yep, most dynasty houses become like a second home to me.
Jax: Oh, err, that’s… nice.

Grim: I think I’ll like it here. I love a roaring fire to keep my old bones warm.
Jax: Well, anytime you know. Well, not ‘anytime’ but you’re most welcome to warm your bones when you have to be here. Not that I want anyone to die but you’re welcome, you know.
Grim: Relax, you’ll get used to me.
Watcher: *grin*

Grim: Opps, time to go reap Vivian and Dennis… cool. See you round Jax.
Jax: Well… err, bye. Till next time. *nervous smile*

Then it was time for Dales Young Adult birthday. Here’s four sims doing many goals like 3 sims listening to music and complimenting birthday sim and all that… *sigh* Nothing registered.

Dale: Thanks for coming everyone.
General consensus: Wouldn’t have missed it, my pleasure and so on.

Here we all are cutting the cake, well blowing out the candles actually… are you looking Game? *glares*

Jax: Happy birthday!
Maia: Woo! Happy Birthday!
Cali (Ex-Gardener): nom nom nom (yes, Glutton Trait...gah!)
Watcher: Happy birthday Dale, may your young adulthood be twice as productive as your teens. *smirk*

More than four sims consuming cake… (yes, the bugs continue..) Anyway we partied on for a while doing all the requirements that normally pop up seeing as nothing was registering. smh Dale had a nice time anyway, well got a nice moodlet telling him that he had a nice time.

Cali: I don’t think I should be gardening in my good party clothes.
Watcher: Mate, you’re lucky I don’t feed you twice to the Alter of Cow.
Cali: I don’t see what I did as being so wrong.
Watcher: You drank TWO…TWO moodlet solvers that belonged to Jax.
Cali: Well, it was a party and they were just sitting here….
Watcher: Shut up and dig.

Dale and Bren bonded over tower building

Dale: Good job Bren! That’s looking extremely tall!
Bren: Dan you ‘ale.
Watcher: Hmm, need a bit of work on Communication skill...and just how is that 'tall'? Like vertically? Horizontally? Which means that technically it's 'long'.
Dale: Good job Bren!

Dale made it his daily duty to tuck Brendon in for his afternoon nap in the little bed beside the piano as that’s bound to be a nice quiet spot.

Dale: …and then the little frog on the log fell gently asleep to the setting rays of the sun…
Brendon: *snore*

Gym time happened! Aw yeah!

Watcher: Gawd I love this!
Kourtney: Can’t say I agree with or match your enthusiasm watcher.
Watcher: Well some of you were looking thin and other were just starting to look a little non-thin so..gym time! Woo!
Jax: Uuggghh, Can’t. Seem. To. Move. Weights. Gahhhhh

Dale: I’m not having fun at all.
Brendon: Oooo mommy was wrong! The mean dragon didn’t eat the princess, he was killed by a brave knight!
Watcher: Well, not to spread dissention or anything but you can’t always believe everything your parents say.
Dale: That’s not really something a little kid needs to hear watcher.
Watcher: *shrug* it’s a tough world out there.

Watcher: You’re all having fun? Right?
Maia: Sure! Of course! I’ve caught two more angelfish!
Watcher: Awesome! Good job! How many have you caught moodletsolver-drinker?
Cali: None.
Watcher: Thought so.

We couldn’t get home for some reason as the taxi service (aka travel button) was greyed out. I admittedly panicked… just mildly and only for a split second *cough* until I realized what the issue was.

Jax: Well, I really wish you could solve the ‘issue’ cos I need to get sorted for work soon.

Oh for carl’s sake goth boy! Stop making such a song and dance about aging up and just get on with it already.

Man: Ergh… the youth to today are soo uncouth, aging up in the street all over the place. In my day we behaved with at least some measure of decorum.
Watcher: I know, right… geez… it’s always about “them”… other people have got things to do you know…Alexander. Gawd.
Teen: Err happy Birthday Alexander…
Alexander: Errr…

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »
LOL!  That last part had me cracking up.  That look in the older guy's face XD o.0 She drank MOODLET SOLVERS!  Oh man... I think that deserves someone to be saved to the library and repeatedly taken to new games for punishments.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:14 PM »
@Shewolf13  lol! I know, just couldn't resist putting him in. Talk about side-eye! And yes... two of them which were in a locked room upstairs. It's funny how things like that really make me want to rage-kill sims.  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »
And so now just a few house pics. Very much a work in progress and I’m doing my best to not jam pack it with items in the hope of not having major lag issues in gen 7 and 8 like I've had previously.

Front:

Back:

Top Story: Mostly just temporary rooms with beds:

Bottom Story/Ground Floor: left wing for inspired skilling, right wing for future focused skilling. The round room now houses some musical instruments, piano, guitar and this will be where music skilling happens. The only room that is probably complete and won’t change much is the kitchen/dining. Fish collection by the front door will get sold once Jax has completed the Angling Aspiration as I’m determined to keep the dynasty house clutter free.

I haven’t build the museum yet, it’ll just be a basement room with no entrance most probably. I often look at others stories where museums are very intricate and firmly embedded into their over all story but that just doesn’t suit my play style. I’m quite pragmatic and really just want the museum items gathered and stored safely so I don’t have to think about them.

So some thoughts about game play. I've popped this in a spoiler as it's really just some thoughts of how I play and what I'm doing in general for those of you who are interested.  :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Edited to add: I'm using the party requirements listed on this post to continue playing the parties as if the requirements are actually registering. It's not ideal but it's the best I can think of to ensure I'm playing the parties as fairly as possible.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 01:45:51 AM »
Thanks so much for the lovely house tour and your spoiler describing how you are approaching your IDC this time around with Jax.

Your rooms of different shapes, including the long wings and octagonal room, add a lot of zing to the footprint.
I love how spacious all the ground-floor rooms are!

Huh, what a surprise (and disappointment) to learn that sims will autonomously drink moodlet-solvers. And from a locked room, even!
I laughed at that shot of Cali shoveling down the birthday cake. My condolences to you about her active trait.
Who is the dark-skinned woman who is fishing with Cali? She's really beautiful!

One benefit about certain DLCs is the NPCs they spawn to staff their community venues. So handy later when the population dwindles.
Really looking forward to reading about how your journey in "Chaos Mode" continues!

(I really wish some of long-standing bugs would get fixed, like grafting! And the party goals issue is a game-breaker. *grumble, mumble)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 02:09:30 AM »
@oshizu  That's Maia who was the NPC handiwoman. You see her in a lot of the screenshots with the hair that came with one of the free holiday updates. She is very beautiful. It's such a pity she wasn't a housed sim as I'd be very tempted to ensure her genetics survived.

I had no idea it was even possible for sim to a)drink items from a locked room and b)drink reward potions. I seem to remember a sim drinking some of the science serums during a party in the Hollingsworths but they were just on a shelf as locked doors hadn't been added yet at that point. Such a bummer as it takes a fair bit of micro-managing everyone to farm those points. Least it wasn't a Potion of Youth but I'm pretty sure that sims can not drink those unless directed to. I've moved all those potions onto the roof top just to be sure but I'll add a basement in soon and keep all the important things two levels down. I do wish the devs would add some sensible storage options, it's such a pain keeping things on roof tops and/or basement floors etc. Anyway Cali is very lucky that killing sims intentionally is an auto-fail!  :P

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
First off, you can just wipe that MarianT off Grim's tablet, lol!
I agree with @Shewolf13 about the moodlet solvers. Those things are solid gold. And it's hilarious that your drinker wasn't able to catch any angelfish. And she's active, too?
Your house is gorgeous. I like the wrought-iron railings -- very much in keeping with the New Orleans style of Willow Creek.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
In a locked room!?!?! Oh yes, yes that would mean her being saved to be dealt with in several different files XD If it were allowed in the Dynasties, I would do it now lol.  Your house is amazing!  I love the back, those railings and the columns are just gorgeous!  I mean, the whole house is gorgeous lol, but that feature just makes me very happy ^^

I know, right? @MarianT

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
Oooh! Cali is so lucky this is a dynasty and not a legacy, that's all I can say. Not cool, lady. Not. Cool.

The house is gorgeous! It seems well planned, too. I can see it continuing to work well as generations pass.

Dale with his little brother is adorable. Reminds me of my nephews. Such a sweet relationship.

anything