Author Topic: A Sharebears Legacy Story: You Give Me Fever (4/7/18)  (Read 11287 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Prologue: I Put a Spell On You (3/24/18)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 01:34:56 PM »
That is just so awesome!  Have to agree with oshizu about liking every little thing from this chapter!  I really love all the intertwining going on between the stories.  Hehehe, giggled a lot at all the "Rudes".

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Prologue: I Put a Spell On You (3/24/18)
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 08:54:41 PM »
I love your intro and the first update!  It's amazing how every Sharebear is so different and so awesome. 

I know a family with the last name Hebert.  They constantly have to correct people on the pronunciation of their name (which they are very sweet about).  Not only do people pronounce the "H" and the "t," but they add an "r" to the first syllable and call them the Her-berts.   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher

As I emerged from the bramble patch, I saw someone tending a small garden and I quickly sprinted over.

Chere: Hi there! I'm Chere Hebert. I think you have some information for me?

Hermit: Oh, yes. I've been waiting for you.

Chere: But how could you have known I was coming?

Hermit: Someone is watching over you. You may not realize it, but she's always there, looking out for you.
The reason you are here is that you must master the art of herbalism if you are going to free yourself and
your family from this curse. I'm here to mentor you and help you get started.

Chere: Herbalism? Is this some kind of pyramid scheme?

Hermit: No, you're thinking of Herbalife. Herbalism is the ancient art of healing by making use of the natural world.
There's a bit of magic involved and people get nervous around magic, so it's been somewhat of a dangerous pursuit
in the past. These days you just tell people you're into natural healing and organics and they leave you alone. Throw in
some chakras, acupuncture, and let them know everything you do is gluten free and you're golden.

Chere: Okaaay.

Hermit: Come on back to the house and I'll give you a list of the recipes you need to be able to reproduce. I also have a
map of the forest showing where you can get your herbs and insects. When you get back to town there's a very wise
woman I want you to see.

I harvested a few things from the hermit's garden.

And some more from the forest and campground.

I found this little guy who actually breathes fire!

And this one that looks like a flame lighting my path.

And speaking of flames! I just wanted to roast a hot dog and the next thing I knew, I was on fire. Fortunately, I
was close to the showers.

After all that, I was too tired to think about food. I'd left my tent back at the campground, but I knew
I was too exhausted to make it back so I just made the best of things. Tomorrow is another day, right?

The next day, I went to the address the hermit had given me. I knocked on the door and immediately
heard a voice from inside saying, "Finally! Quit dilly-dallying and get in here!" Some people are so rude.

Dennis: Hey, you're not the fire department.

Chere: Don't you know they won't come way out here?

Dennis: (whimpering) Help?

Chere: Gah. Stand aside! You people are useless.

After the fire was out, I met Vivian Lewis. I had my doubts about how wise she might be. I mean, who just stands there when there's a fire?
Anyway, she was really nice. She told me I have to learn mastery over death. I will have to obtain and store at least five items that
can save a Sim from death, but the catch is that neither I nor my family can ever use them.

Vivian: I know all this is confusing, sweetie, but you'll figure it out. Keep a lookout for the mail. We'll send you instructions every now and then.

Chere: Who is "we," exactly?

Vivian: Oh, I can't tell you that, honey. Just folks is all you need to know. Tomorrow night you go see Miss Geeta.
She's got that matchmaking talent and I think she can help you find somebody to help you in all this mess.

Chere: So, aren't you going to insult me now?

Vivian: Aw, baby, Miss Vivian is here to help you. Why would you think I would insult you?

Chere: No reason.

I was so tired at work the next day that I couldn't help taking a little nap.

I guess I was pretty distracted, too. Seriously?

I sure hope tonight is a bit easier than the past few days have been.

I guess this is the place.

Geeta: Chere, right? My, but you are a pretty thing. And single, too, I heard. My Raj will be home
from the restaurant soon. You'll stay and meet him, won't you? He's a famous chef. A little on the pudgy side,
but that just proves what a good cook he is. You can't underestimate how nice it is to have a man who cooks.
The late Mr. Rasoya never set foot in a kitchen a day in his life. I slaved and slaved taking care of that man.
Now, about Raj...

Chere: I'm sorry to interrupt. Raj is a chef? So he cooks with, like, fire?
I think I'm going to respectfully pass on that right now. Personal reasons.

Geeta: Well, you know best, I suppose. Now, what I see in your future (if it's
not Raj, who would be perfect. I'm just saying) is a redhead.

Chere: A redhead? That's it?

Geeta: Tomorrow. Be on the look out for a redhead. That person is your destiny.

Back at work the next day, I looked around.

A redhead, huh? That's helpful. Oh, wait.

Chere: Hi. I'm Chere.

Redhead: Oh, my. Hello! I'm rilee! No, wait. Let me start over. I'm Riley and I'm
really glad to meet you, Chere. I think you are about the prettiest girl I ever did see.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
0.o Oh wow!  Look at all the redheads! lol  Can't wait for the next update to see more of this Riley!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I were to say to you that i didn't thoroughly enjoy this update.

Every time we seem to be getting closer to The Answer, a new question emerges to string along our curiosity.
I spit water at my display screen at the Herbalife/Herbalism dialogue.
So, first Chere runs into a consecutive stream of "Rude!" sims. This time, she repeatedly catches fire.

Really enjoying visiting the different townies to learn what they had to offer Chere.
And I learned something new about Chere's watcher today. She's the master of the runaround, hahaha.
Loving all the piecing together of Chere's puzzle pieces!

Arrgggh, another cliffhanger! Moar please! :D 

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Well, I already know I like Riley's hair. And his name! I feel like the game has caught on to us or something. What are the odds?
I'm so glad that after all that fire our heroine emerged unscathed.
I really, really love the way this story is unfolding. And I'm glad at least Vivian was nice. :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Hahaha!  Loved the Rilee reference in there!  Quite the collection of redheads in the science career!  Must have been one of the job requirements  ;=)  Can't wait to see what Rilee Riley looks like!
Good gracious your poor Chere is having such tough luck with fire!  On the bright side (not brightness caused by fire), so many people are helping and directing poor Chere to find her way.  I like how you're using that element to have a Watcher without voicing a Watcher.  Nice touch!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
What a way to tell the story, its nearly like a puzzle or crimi, where every corner is a new twist.
And a red head, is it just me or are the games full of them lately?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Big thanks to everyone for reading and commenting. It's much appreciated.

@FrancescaFiori There are more serendipitous names (and other things) coming up. It's crazy!

@oshizu I forgot to answer your last question re I Put a Spell On You. Yes, I love the Nina Simone version, but I also love the sheer camp of Screamin' Jay Hawkins, and the Creedence version is pretty good, too. I'm glad you are getting my musical references. I won't have to kick you offa my lawn now.

@BallerinaHippo True story. I used to live near Luling, Louisiana, which has no shortage of Heberts. A very nice first generation German lady opened a seafood shop and her last name was Hebert. She got pretty tired of always having to correct people on the pronunciation. I thought it was hilarious.

@Shewolf13 and @LenaLJ In real life I am more attracted to dark hair, but I love red haired Sims, so I'm always happy when my game generates lots of them.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: I Can't See Me Lovin' Nobody But You (Ch. 2)
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »
Obligatory courtship montage:

Reader, I agreed to marry him. Our humble surroundings began to feel something like a home.
And we were thrilled to be so much in love and to have our firstborn on the way.

A few days later, our beautiful little Annalise was born.

Unfortunately, she cannot be the heir to our family's legacy since it is stipulated that the heir must be the opposite gender to his or her parent.
Riley was not the least bit disappointed when I told him we would have to try again.

He settled in quickly as Annalise's doting Daddy. Being a bit of a goofball, Riley loves nothing better
than to entertain Annnalise with silly stories.

Not long after Annalise became a toddler we welcomed our heir, Alasdair, into the world.

***Author's note: The coming chapters should be more interesting. I'm trying to just get up to speed with my playing progress and, to be honest, the mushy stuff is kind of boring to me. :D

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Chere Hebert
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
Ohh how cute they are togehter. Chere chose the right husband.
Little Annalise is adorable, and i bet Alasdair will be too.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
I thought the courtship was very sweet, and I'm glad you kept Riley's debonair moustache. He's quite handsome. Now I can't wait to see those babies grow up into beautiful, redheaded children! Welcome to Annalise and Alasdair!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
"Obligatory courtship montage" <--- rofl
I feel like Jungle Adventures is missing something.
I don't know...perhaps we could get some type of wild, ritualistic courtship dance or something if our sim falls in love in Selvadorada.

Annalise is adorable. Quick, lock the doors before Pippin sees her!
I'm curious if only Chere or Riley will stay in the Scientist career.
Also, I happen know that their watcher is an ace collector. I see that you have 3 collections already and am dying to know what they are, lol.

Awwww, cute chapter title! Turtles reference?
I'm with FrancescaFiori--I'm eagerly awaiting the sight of Annalise and Alisdair as spunky children! (Will they inherit the "Rude!"?)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Completed collections: garden plants, frogs, space rocks. Close to completion: metals, crystals, insects, snow globes. I wanted to get the score updated even though it's ahead of where we are in the story.

I spent a lot of time today coming up with my own method for keeping track of some stuff. Pinstar's spreadsheet is okay, but doesn't have a way to track ongoing points. The other one you told me about is good, and comprehensive, but the skills page is much, much too busy for me. It kind of gives me a headache just to look at it.

I also went into debug mode and bought back the collectibles I had sold before I knew I was supposed to keep them. That was fun. :D

Yes, The Turtles, Happy Together.

Anyway, all of that, plus some screen shot uploading issues, made me a bit sensory overloaded. I wanted to get a second update up today, but it'll be tomorrow.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Awww, welcome Annalise and Alisdair!  Loved the courtship montage ^^