Author Topic: A Sharebears Legacy Story: You Give Me Fever (4/7/18)  (Read 11286 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Hahaha!  Skipping past the boring mushy stuff.  Loved it!  I think you handled it quite well and the images told the story quite effectively.
Is it wrong of me to already prefer Annalise to her brother?  I mean, that shot of her with Riley where she's looking up with this uncertain expression and it's like she's just looking for reassurance.  So cute!  No wonder her daddy dotes all over her  :=)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Any Man of Mine (4/2/18)
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 07:13:09 PM »

The day after Riley moved in, I got a message from Vivian telling me to be sure to get over to the Municipal Muses Museum ASAP.
I went over and Vivian wasn't there. I killed some time and after a few hours I decided to go home. I can't believe Vivian had me come all
the way over here and then she didn't even show up. Rude.

I stormed out and nearly ran into someone who was running in.

Stranger in the sweater: Oh, wow. I am so sorry I'm late. One of the kids had this thing and I couldn't get away.

Chere: Okaaay. Um, do I know you? Your sweater reminds me of someone, but...

Antwan: Oh, geez. Sorry. I'm Antwan. Vivian sent me. She said you might be in need of a spouse.

Chere: I already have a boyfriend. And didn't you just mention kids? And not being able to get away? Kids implies wife, right?

Antwan: Well, yes, it does. But Vivian says this is my density. I mean destiny. Geez.

Chere (thinking): Density seems more appropriate.

Antwan: So, I guess I'm supposed to move in with you and help out any way I can.

Chere: Well, we don't have much. We've just built a little house.

Antwan: I'm sure it's fine. I'm just going to run home and get some things and then I'll be right over.

Chere: Weird.

And so Antwan did just that. He went from this:

To this:

And never once complained.

He settled right in, helping with the kids:

And painting up a storm:

He somehow still found the time to visit his wife. And she stopped by to see him sometimes, too.

After his birthday, he moved back in with his family.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Annalise and Alasdair became toddlers and provided much in the way of cuteness overload.

They grew up within a couple of days of each other. First Annalise:

Then Alasdair:

Not even Sadness Alleviation Lotion could convince Annalise to come to terms with her tragic blonde eyebrows.

Both kids got the Whiz Kid aspiration and took up some hobbies.

They also begged for a pet, so Hammy joined the family! (Dramatic foreshadowing)

Studying Hammy insta-completes their homework, a feature both kids take advantage of.

Hammy also teaches responsibility when the kids feed him or clean his habitat. (More dramatic foreshadowing)

During this time, our dishwasher broke for like the millioneth time and we hired a repairman. He and Chere became fast friends
despite his clearly inferior, non-pink sweater. Rashid joined the family!

Rashid and Hammy grew very close. (REALLY dramatic foreshadowing)

NOTE: I apologize for the randomness of this chapter. I get so involved with playing, especially with a really busy household that I forget to take screenshots. Right now, I'm trying to get the updates caught up to the game. I promise to do better! I should get another update posted tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
Bwahahaha! Antwan is such a prince! I didn't realize until well into his tenure as secondary spouse that he hadn't actually brought his family with him when he moved in! His wife looks none too pleased! But it was his density so . . . .lol. Loved the Back to the Future reference almost as much as I loved the pink sweater! Team Antwan! Antwan's my new fave. May he enjoy his elderhood back home in Willow Creek.
I enjoy Rashid's kitty sweater, and such ominous foreshadowing! I'm on the edge of my seat!
Very, very entertaining chapter, and Yay! More tomorrow!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
lol wow, that was awesome.  Love Antwan (and all the mentions of dramatic foreshadowing hehehehehe).  Wow, he didn't bring his family?  No wonder his wife looks displeased lol

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
lol...as a wife myself, I somehow feel that Antwan’s wife might sometimes be ok with her husband living elsewhere! lol

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 11:07:35 PM »
Antwan the super helper! He came, he painted what he needed to paint, then he left.
I loved searching your screenshots for little details and wondering about their implications.
The pink striped sofa, matching all the guys' tops! Rashid who joins them then later reappears with his pink/grey vest!
How curious about Analise having blond eyebrows, which reminds me of Ozbeth's pink eyebrows.

As toddlers, it seems, Analise resembles Riley and Alisdair resembles Chere. Does that continue into childhood?
Also, does insta-completing homework also apply to teens?
So much dramatic foreshadowing---I am dying of curiosity!!!! Looking forward to more tomorrow!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 11:32:27 PM »
@oshizu

Good catch on the pink! Riley came with that pink ascot shirt. I decided to change the shirt, but kept the pink. He also has the Zoe Patel walk, so he's rather fab. Then, Antwan was also wearing pink. Rashid is a cat lover, so I gave him a cat sweater that's pink and gray. I guess Chere just likes her men wearing pink. The next mysterious man who enters her life is a bit more macho, though, and refuses the pink.

As for the sofa, I was going for a beachy feel but didn't want to do blue.

I will check regarding teen homework and the rodents, but I think it's just the kids. Sims do autonomously go and talk to Hammy. Today I caught spouse #4 telling Hammy a secret.

My main problem (and hence the disjointed update) is that I can't seem to settle into a rhythm with this family. I have to keep reminding myself that I have 9 full generations to get things done. I always feel like I'm scrabbling around. No one has maxed a career and I'm doing horribly with maxing skills. I was going to try to do this without a family club, but I caved yesterday and started one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 11:49:35 PM »
I don't know if it's just my game or I'm just not focused enough (too much going on in the house, I guess), but my legacy sims take longer than usual to earn promotions, it seems.
About the scrabbling, I do that, too. I mean, I'm forced to divide things up in terms of careers, but it's hard to gauge pacing, especially at the start of a legacy.
Also, your update didn't seem disjointed to me--the house expands, the kids are growing, household members come and go, Hammy makes friends :D

Thank you for the song reference, too! I don't usually listen to country, but enjoyed Shania Twain's song!
Alisdair looks so studious in his glasses. Hope to learn more about both kiddos tomorrow!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 04:06:04 AM »
Helpers comming when you need them, just to be sent home when time is up, thats a good plan.

In a legacy there is no real rythm for me. Either I feel like I complete to much and that the later generations might be boring (thats what I am concerned) Or that I do not complete enough in the beginning and therefore will be bored.
But still think the most important is to have fun. And we have to remember that completing everything is going to be more and more crazy with each pack that EA produces for the game.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Once Bitten, Twice Shy (4/3/18)
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 02:24:06 PM »
Last time at the Hebert house, Rashid was seen getting to know Hammy.

As anyone who has ever had a hamster probably knows, they are cute but evil at heart.

Rashid: And then he flew at my face. That animal is vicious!

Alasdair: Hammy is harmless! He helps with our homework.

Annalise: And he even sent us a postcard from his holiday.

Antwan: Now, children, we're not validating Rashid's feelings here.

Rashid: It's me or the rodent.

Annalise: Hammy!

Alasdair: Hammy!

Rashid: Hmph. Now ain't this something. Those children actually prefer that little rat-faced demon to me.

Maybe the children won't have to choose, after all.

In the meantime, Rashid had one more thing to do to complete his aspiration. On it!

Turns out that if you're a vampire, you can drown and catch on fire at the same time. Sunlight death achievement unlocked.

Rashid: Has Death of Rats accompanied you here today, sir?

Death: WHAT? NO. HE'S QUITE BUSY. QUITE THE PANIC IN THE SIMVERSE JUST NOW.

Rashid: Well then, sir, would you have a moment to talk about Grilled Cheese?

And speaking of achievements...

The house got a second story.

And baby Aubrey was welcomed to the family.

We were on a roll. Until we weren't. Oops.

Rashid: Oooh, cake for Riley's birthday. How nice!

Alice: Furball?

Ralph: Droll, Alice, very droll.

NOOOOOO! Add to ways to cure rodent fever: cowplant.

But, when life hands you lemons, you just have to roll with it.

Death: WASN'T I JUST HERE?

Death: WHO'S A GOOD BOY? WHO NEEDS A BELLY RUB?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 02:35:51 PM »
What a rollercoaster! Good thing you had death back-up plans! And who knew a swimming pool would fail to extinguish the flames of vampire sun death? A question I didn't even know I needed answered! I'm a little bummed rabid rodent fever wasn't fully achieved, but you've still got Hammy, so there's still time. :)
I will miss Rashid's fuzzy cat sweater. How cool that he came with the Grilled Cheese aspiration!
Chere's house is looking amazing, as is the garden. Hello, there, UFO plant!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »
haha!!!  Your cowplants seem glow in the presence of grim, like they're his little minions. 

Question to all of you:  Are you all keeping your collections on lot?  It looks like you are, however, I have not been.  The rules only stated that I needed to store the potions somewhere, not everything else (at least that's how I interpreted them).  I was just going to go by what the collection book told me was complete.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »
@FrancescaFiori I really lucked out on the UFO plant. Rashid got two of them in back-to-back rocket missions. I'd only ever gotten it before from the Green Man scenario, but this time I got one from a race, too.

@simfulicious I wasn't keeping mine, either, until Oshizu told me that Pinstar said they should be kept. I went into debug mode and bought back what I'd sold. Then, using oshizu's suggestion, I bought a retail lot for storage in order to keep the home lot from lagging farther on in the challenge. I've also moved tombstones to the retail lot.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »
First of all, Alasdair is gorgeous!
I laughed at Rashid trying make the family choose between him or the beloved well-traveled, homework-helping Hammy!
That was a crazy death in the pool! Poor Watcher--if you'd known that lady was a vampire, you wouldn't have had to wait so long!
Also very weird about rabid rodent fever being cured by getting drained by a cowplant! That's def not the remedy I would choose but, still, I would never have dreamed!
So is that lump in the cowplant's udders Rashid? lol  I loved that shot/comment of the two cowplants cracking corny jokes, hahaha.

No death by rabid rodent fever this update. How disappointing, but still freaking hilarious. Bwahahahahaha.
At least he finished his aspiration first! And brought home those UFO plants! Rest in peace, Rashid! :D
Please keep trying with the rabid rodent fever. I'll be boycotting pet rodents until you do!

P.S. Oooh, I'm going to move tombstones to the retail lot, too. I haven't bought a retail lot yet.
I keep thinking I should build a museum on the Tail's End lot, but I'm lazy...

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »
Ahem. The "museum" lot. Chere needs to make another visit to add new collectibles.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

anything