Author Topic: Following Romantic Interests to the Letter  (Read 10683 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Following Romantic Interests to the Letter
« on: June 12, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
Following Romantic Interests to the Letter

Goal
We're bringing back a fun event from three years ago. With more neighborhoods and townies to choose from, as well as more options for dates, this event is sure to test your cupid skills.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim.
  • All Popularity Aspirations are banned.
  • All Love Aspirations are banned.
  • No household additions.
  • Moving is not allowed.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Each successive Lovebird for your Sim must fall further down the line alphabetically than the previous one. When two Sims have different last names, like Bella Goth and Alice Kim-Lewis, then Bella needs to be your Sim's Lovebird before Alice. If your Sim has plans to pursue two Sims with the same last name - i.e. Dina and Nina Caliente, then refer to their first name as to who must come first in the romance department.
  • If your Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim ages up to Adult.

Scoring

Lovebirds — Press R (Relationship Panel) at the end of the challenge and then filter your list by Pressing the Romantic tab. Count how many individual Sims are Lovebirds and give yourself 1 point for qualifying Sims. NOTE: Lovers, Sweethearts, and Soulmates also qualify given their relationship strength is higher than simply Lovebirds.

GMD — Gold Medal Dates. This is a multiplier for gold medal dates you achieve with your Lovebirds. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00 and for every gold medal date, you achieve you add 5% (.05) to your score. You may only score one gold medal date for any given Sim.

Total — Just multiply your Lovebird points by your GMD multiplier for your Total.

Here's an example:

Your Sim turns Adult and it's time to stop your file. You click the Relationship tab (R) and then filter with the Romantic button. Mouse over all those in the Romantic panel and count how many Sims are Lovebirds. You have 15 Lovebirds.

You look at your notes you kept over the course of the challenge and see that you were able to get 10 gold medal dates for your 15 Lovebirds.

Lovebirds = 15 Sims = 15 points

GMD = 10. 10 X .05 = .50. Final GMD = 1.00 + .50 = 1.50

Total = 15 X 1.50 = 22.50

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Lovebirds        GMD       Total
LenaLJ815.05409.05
GlazeyLady794.90387.10
SueDenim634.15261.45
Tynynounours693.75258.75
Tuija603.95237
Metropolis Man613.60219.60
Nikitachi523.60187.20
Whimsical Peanut592.40141.60
simemie372.85105.45
math_chick292.4571.05

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Following Romantic Interests to the Letter
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »
I am posting this rule set a little earlier than normal because I am going on vacation soon and wanted to be around for the initial round of player questions, if possible. :) It's an oldie, but goodie, and pretty straightforward, but you never know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 05:02:05 AM »
I am looking forward to this one.  :)

Obvious question: in this challenge, will we be allowed to use the best expansion pack ever a.k.a. Seasons?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 12:58:50 PM »

Obvious question: in this challenge, will we be allowed to use the best expansion pack ever a.k.a. Seasons?

Unless other team members weigh in and say no, my vote is yes given there's some time period between expansion release and when this goes live. Not a lot, but a little bit at least.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 01:42:47 PM »

Unless other team members weigh in and say no, my vote is yes given there's some time period between expansion release and when this goes live. Not a lot, but a little bit at least.

I say yes, no problems here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »
Hello. I'm not sure I understand that one right :
You may only score one gold medal date for any given Sim

If I seduce Alice and Bella, do I need to get on a date with each of them, or can I go on two with Alice and none with Bella for having 2 gold dates to count?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 03:31:20 AM »
@Tynynounours You can only score one gold date for each love interrest. And that gold date has to be with the specific love interest.

So in your example you would only count one gold date.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 07:17:02 AM »
Thank you.

Offline SimsAholic

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
I love this challenge! It's going to be fun!!! ;-)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 06:32:30 AM »
I love this challenge! It's going to be fun!!! ;-)

I agree. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
Everyone can start their scoring file on Monday if they wish, so look over the rules one more time and see if you have any further questions. Good luck!

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 06:10:36 AM »
Hi guys :)

I am going to have 2 questions.

1. What about the Game options in the Seasons tab - any restrictions?

2. Golden dates - do they have to occur in the alphabetical order, too? That is, let's say my Sim achieves a love birds status with A, and then with B, but then goes to a date with B first, and only then with A. Is that valid?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 06:31:27 AM »

I honestly do not know if it makes a difference. Marian mentioned maybe putting in a restriction on completing holidays because you'd get 500 Satisfaction, but my answer was that the time you spend doing that could be spent completing other whims anyway to get that Satisfaction. If you (or anyone else) think certain Season content could be a real advantage over non-Season players, then speak up.

2. Golden dates - do they have to occur in the alphabetical order, too? That is, let's say my Sim achieves a love birds status with A, and then with B, but then goes to a date with B first, and only then with A. Is that valid?

The dates do not need to be in alphabetical order. Good luck with the challenge.

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 11:19:19 PM »
Yay! Done on the first day!
29  Lovebirds and 29 Gold Medal Dates
29 x (1 + (.05 x 29)) = 71.05

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 05:36:11 AM »

I honestly do not know if it makes a difference. Marian mentioned maybe putting in a restriction on completing holidays because you'd get 500 Satisfaction, but my answer was that the time you spend doing that could be spent completing other whims anyway to get that Satisfaction. If you (or anyone else) think certain Season content could be a real advantage over non-Season players, then speak up.

The team actually did recently make a General Rules edit for Seasons players. The following covers all remaining 2018 Tournament challenges...

Seasons players > No Extreme weather and Holidays turned off.

anything