Author Topic: Legacies of the Valley (March 9 -- Sheil) Graveyard  (Read 53833 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 21-- Raina)
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »
THE YEAR OF THE WOMRAT

Spring
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Summer
Fall
Winter
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
UPDATE 1

I did not expect this week to be very interesting. Mostly I thought that my ten families would be busy skilling and completing their aspirations. (Congratulations to Jeffrey Betancourt and Stephen Carpenter for completing Best-Selling Author and Computer Whiz, respectively.)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I didn’t expect to have many pictures — a flower arrangement or two, perhaps.

Or a cute shot of a child doing his homework on a swing. (That’s Phillip Bibbler, by the way, and yes, he completed his Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, despite the fact that swinging gives him motion sickness.)

Amy Bibbler is now one promotion away from the top of her career. She finally got to deliver a baby, and now just has to make two more correct diagnoses. Jas Lewis is also close to becoming a World Leader, and she is currently an Elder Statesperson.

Eloise Carpenter is the only child who still has a fair amount to do to complete her first childhood aspiration. She’s been working on Social Butterfly, which is why she set up a Scout troop as a club. All the other heirs except Saffron Lewis have completed at least one aspiration; Saffron is one dance session away from completing Rambunctious Scamp.
Elders Kent Marsh and Marnie and Ted Lewis are all still alive.

Vincent Marsh donated his snow globe collection to the Gunther Rowley Museum, and managed to leave without stealing anything.

The Harvey family made Father Winter, a.k.a. Clement Frost, feel so welcome that he hung around for a few days after Winterfest.

Sometimes his presence was a bit embarrassing, but he always got dressed before the children saw him.

Gus and Madilyn Maldonado worked on their relationship by going on a date to Stargazer Lounge where they performed a duet together. They didn’t have an audience because the outdoor karaoke machine was just too cold.

Gus also discovered why it’s a good idea to appease those gnomes. No matter how many times he tried to apologize, there was one who would just not forgive him.

Bethany has been practicing for her first appearance at the Blue Velvet Nightclub as a stand-up comic. She plans on describing Cody’s disastrous attempts to throw gold-medal parties.

Vladislaus Straud’s attempts to find a wife on his own were beginning to worry Valerie. She'd heard about his visits to the Harveys and also the Lewises.

She decided to take matters into her own hands. First of all, she let Bridget become a young adult and changed her hair color to auburn.

After making up a serving of the Vampire Cure, she challenged Vladislaus to battle.

Upon winning, she dosed him with the cure.

As he went through the transformation, she told him that she didn't want to marry her adopted daughter to a vampire, but she would honor the commitment she'd made.

Bridget was quite pleased with Straud Mansion. She and Vladislaus were friends now, and Bridget, with the materialistic trait, was sure she would be happy living there.

“I’ll be checking on her periodically,” Valerie warned him. “If she remains happy for a full year, I’ll help you become a vampire again. If not…” she let the threat hang.

The last thing Raina Soriano (or the Watcher) expected was that her husband Marlon would die of a lightning strike. It happened like this — Cecily set the dryer on fire when trying to help out with the laundry. Raina put the fire out, but Marlon ran outside. The lightning must have struck him once then, and struck again while Cecily was taking her shower and Raina was repairing the dryer.

Raina ran outside to plead with the Grim Reaper, but he was in a grumpy mood, thanks to all the rain.

A few days later, however, when Marlon began haunting the house, Raina invited him to move back in and he accepted. He’s finished writing his fourth song for the violin and he got back his old job as a pianist. It’s at a lower level, though, until his boss finds out how audiences feel about a ghost entertainer.

And I thought I would have to wait until I got Get Famous for things to become exciting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
Whoa... you did have an exciting time XD  So um, just between you and me, was Marlon's demise engineered? lol I only ask because I know how difficult it is to get a sim actually struck XD

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (update -- Nov 7)
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2018, 06:47:03 PM »
Whoa... you did have an exciting time XD  So um, just between you and me, was Marlon's demise engineered? lol I only ask because I know how difficult it is to get a sim actually struck XD

No. I didn't even realize it was raining outside. Luckily for me it happened during a free day, so Raina didn't lose 5 points. But I had just told Marlon to go get the mail and switched back to Cecily to get her started playing the violin when I heard the crack of thunder. Marlon and Raina had full green and pink bars, so I thought the Grim Reaper might relent, but no.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (update -- Nov 7)
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »
Chapter 61

Murmur was a kitten the last time we visited Jeffrey Betancourt, but she's a full-grown cat now.

Both children have been working on their Whiz Kid aspirations. Gunther likes to go fishing.

Robin makes potions in her bear suit, which has been heavily sprayed with fire retardant.

Jeffrey has been working out. After all, if he becomes a famous newspaper reporter, he'll want to look good when he joins the political pundits on television.

Working out also gives him the opportunity to talk to people. Lilith Vatore gave him an interview with a vampire.

He also picked up an interview with the Flower Bunny.

His father Elliott was an anonymous (Elliott's decision) novelist.

When his wife Wendy was abducted by aliens...

Jeffrey was there to get an eyewitness interview the next morning.

And Diego Lobo gave him a hot tip regarding a shake-up at Mobwives.

Some people, however, really didn't want to give Jeffrey an interview.

"I can't believe the way you groveled to that woman," Wendy complained.
"But it was Judith Ward," said Jeffrey. "Judith. Freaking. Ward. Can you imagine what I would have been paid for a freelance interview with her?"
"I don't think money was what was on your mind," said Wendy.

But Jeffrey got payback a few minutes later when Thorne Bailey posed for him.
"Omigod," Wendy started hyperventilating. "It's...it's...it's him."

Jeffrey took a picture of the other fans and interviewed one of them.

The next day, while Jeffrey was at work and the children were at school, Wendy decided to try the new video production apparatus he'd bought.
"Talk about what you know," the manual recommended, so Wendy talked about her experiences trying to cope with TCMR -- Toddler Charmer Moodlet Retention. "Even when I'm happy, there's still a 3-year-old inside me wondering why everyone has gone away and left me," she said.

To her surprise, she picked up 150 followers after her first vlog, and they all said they had TCMR too.

Wendy added a drone to the device, but she wasn't sure what to do with it yet. Whisper looked like she might have some ideas, though.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 19 -- Jeffrey)
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »
Chapter 62

Even though I've been busy, I feel like I don't have much to write about. It seems like all I do is work and come home to sleep. I don't think my schedule has gotten any lighter since I became the Chief of Staff, but I do find it easier to come up with correct diagnoses. And I seem to have been taken off the surgery rotation, which is a relief. That machine is evil.

Instead of delivering babies and doing surgery, I'm on house call again, which I rather enjoy. It gives me a chance to see other homes and to meet other people. There's no room for a pool in our house, unfortunately, but it's something Paul and I might consider eventually.

It would be nice to have an exercise room, too, even though yoga seems to be enough to keep me in shape. This house was in Windenburg, but we can't afford to live there yet -- they have a minimum income requirement, and we're a couple hundred thousand simoleons short. I don't think we'll ever reach it either, as our bills seem to keep pace with my salary.

When I'm not working or sleeping, I'm trying to help Phillip and Peter with their aspirations. Phillip is moving along fairly quickly, finishing up Whiz Kid.

He called a meeting of the other boys in his scout troop so he could become friends with two of them (he was going for three, but they had an actual meeting that they had to go to), which I think was pretty smart of him.

Peter is not moving as quickly as Phillip. He keeps wanting to dance even though he's finished with his Rambunctious Scamp requirement. He and I and Paul had a talk about that the other evening.

I've become a Kindness Ambassador and have acquired a collection of Positivity Posters. The nice thing is that even though the collection is mine, it enabled Paul to finish becoming a Curator.

I'm a little cross with him at the moment. Thorne Bailey -- THE Thorne Bailey -- got struck by lightning right outside our house, and Paul didn't think to call him in so he could get medical attention. I would have loved to check him out, as a physician, of course. Paul said he was able to walk away so he couldn't have been feeling too bad. Sigh. But who knows -- maybe he'll show up at the hospital.

Amy takes a break from her journal in Chapter 72.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 21 -- Amy)
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »
That was an amazing series of coincidences with Marlon. The following remark of yours made me laugh:
Luckily for me it happened during a free day, so Raina didn't lose 5 points.
I'm greatly appreciating your gradual introduction to Get Famous elements.
Since I'm completely out-of-touch with the last GF news, it's nice to digest it in little bites.
The most heart-warming part was Wendy vlogging about her TCMR.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »
That was an amazing series of coincidences with Marlon. The following remark of yours made me laugh:
Luckily for me it happened during a free day, so Raina didn't lose 5 points.
I'm greatly appreciating your gradual introduction to Get Famous elements.
Since I'm completely out-of-touch with the last GF news, it's nice to digest it in little bites.
The most heart-warming part was Wendy vlogging about her TCMR.

Thanks! And about Wendy (and also Evelyn Carpenter), don't ever age up a toddler to YA in CAS. Besides their permanently sad moodlets from being charmer toddlers, Cody and Bethany Mullner, who were wild toddlers, have the bug where they walk on their knees from time to time.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
Chapter 63

Linus is growing up quickly. One day he's a toddler making messes.

The next day he's blowing out his birthday candles.

And the day after that, he's battling monsters on the high seas of Oasis Springs.

His older sister Juliet sometimes has a frustrating day at school and handles it by destroying the school project in her room. It belongs to Eloise, but they both have worked on it.

Eloise made friends among the other scouts by doing the handshake with them.

She's been making friends with Sooty by playing with her...

...and also playing for her. Although Sooty is frightened of the fireplace and the computer, she seems to like music a lot, even violin tunes that aren't recognized as music by anyone else.

As for the parents, Evelyn has been working on her dance moves.

Stephen has decided to work on getting into a shape that doesn't make it obvious he spends his days working at a computer.

He also is eliminating the risk of fire by upgrading the dryer to be lint less. All in all, it's been a pleasant, ordinary couple of days with the Carpenters -- no disasters, no celebrity sightings, no runaway pets.

Stephen's period of peace is soon to end; the girls become twins in Chapter 73.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 22 -- Stephen)
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2018, 02:06:33 PM »
Chapter 64

For a short time, Valerie was able to concentrate on just raising her children. Plotinus was ready to become a child.

As soon as he grew up he settled down to doing his homework. He also decided to wear a brown jacket and green pants, just like his dad, Elliott.

Vixenna chose to go fishing to complete her requirements for the Whiz Kid aspiration. All she had to finish now was Social Butterfly.

But then one day, Bridget came over, giving Vixenna a big hug when she arrived.

"It's Vlad," she explained, when Valerie showed up for a visit. "He's not the handsome fellow I married," she told Valerie. "And he's acting like a vampire again. I think your cure didn't work."

"I was afraid of that," said Valerie. "I've been hearing rumors about him, but I thought for sure that I'd cured him."

"He does seem to have reverted," she said.
"I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the bald head," said Bridget.
"You ladies do realize I can hear everything you're saying," Vlad complained.
"I guess I'll have to mix up the cure again," said Valerie.
'Hello-o! Subject of your conversation sitting right here," said Vlad.
"I'll give you a call when I'm ready," Valerie told Bridget.

But first she had some flower arrangements to make. More stringent measures might be necessary with Vlad, and she'd need to be at the top of her powers for that. Besides, Valerie had promised herself that once she reached the highest level of flower arranging, she would reward herself with a video production set-up.

"Today we're going to talk about how important physical fitness is to a vampire," she began, as soon as she'd plugged in all the pieces of her set. "I'll be the first to admit that exercise is boring.

"That's why I recommend getting off your treadmill and taking up other forms, such as ice-skating...

"...or wall-climbing. Going to the gym offers perks beyond muscle development.

"The gym is a great place to find young men in need of seduction. I'll go into that more in some future broadcast, though. For now, the main thing to remember is that nothing is more depressing than a flabby vampire."

At last the day came when Valerie had enough garlic and plasma fruit for her potion. "I challenge you to a duel to the finish, Vladislaus!" she shouted.
"Challenge away!" he shouted back. "You're the one who'll be drinking that cure."

"Did you have to get it in my eye?" he groaned a short while later. "That concoction stings."
"Sorry, not sorry," Valerie muttered.

She watched carefully as he went through the transformation. But that might not mean anything -- he'd seemed to transform before.

"I think it worked this time," said Bridget. "He's my handsome Vladdy again."
Vladislaus sighed. "If she's happy for a year, I'll get my powers back, right?"
"I'll turn you back myself," said Valerie. "But don't go cheating and getting some other vampire to turn you."

Back at home, Valerie sat down to edit her vlog. "I forgot to mention -- another reason you need to stay in shape is so you can handle a duel with another vampire. Up next week -- my thoughts on fashion and the well-dressed vampire."

Valerie starts having trouble in Chapter 74.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 24 -- Valerie)
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »
Valerie in her cold-weather outfit looks so different. I thought, in that first screenshot, that she might have moved in someone to help with the kids.
Awww, Plotinus wearing the same colors as his papa!

How extremely odd that Vlad changed back into a vampire on his own!
Love Valerie's new video!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
Valerie in her cold-weather outfit looks so different. I thought, in that first screenshot, that she might have moved in someone to help with the kids.
Awww, Plotinus wearing the same colors as his papa!

How extremely odd that Vlad changed back into a vampire on his own!
Love Valerie's new video!

Actually, that's Valerie's exercise outfit.
As for Vlad -- I think it's more the case that the first time he was cured, it didn't "take." I guess he's such a powerful vampire that he needed 2 doses of the Ultimate Vampire Cure.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
Chapter 65

The children are getting big. Reeny is quite the fierce pirate queen.

Dimmy will be a dedicated scientist one day. Already he ignores sickness when he's busy experimenting.

Bigger children need a bigger house. The family has moved to Umbrage Manor. It has a big living room...

...a big dining room...

...and a big bedroom for Dimmy and Reeny.

There's a big porch in back where people can play chess (and Teeny can do her business).

Mistress uses it for painting and says that she finds the new space inspiring. She likes the latest picture, but it makes Teeny feel cold.

The family celebrates Harvestfest in the new house, but it doesn't feel right.

When Master and Mistress go out to dinner the next day...

Teeny goes back to the old house to check on her food bowl. The food is still there, and it tastes the same as the food in her new bowl.

Teeny goes back to the new house where Mistress gives her a big hug even though Teeny has picked up a lot of dust in her travels. "Oh Teeny!" says Mistress. "We were so worried about you. Sebastian put out an alert on Simbook, and he wrote a computer game called 'Teeny Come Home.' Don't ever run away again, promise."

Teeny won't run away. Mistress wants to teach her lots of tricks, including how to roll over. And the food here is just the same as the food at the old house, so that's all right.

Teeny takes a rest from narrating duties in Chapter 75.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 26 -- Kathy)
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »
Chapter 66

Everyone had a great time during the summer holiday at the Lewis household.

The children and their parents went sliding over and over, soaking up sunshine and water.

Even Great Aunt Marnie got in on the action, as delighted as Saffron, Sage, and Xeno.

But early the next morning, she woke up feeling ill. Grim soon arrived, and by noon Marnie was gone.

Everyone in the house was devastated, but Ted was particularly grief-stricken.

It wasn't too surprising that the next day, he began to succumb.

Jas pleaded with Grim. "Please, can't you wait a little while? We're all still upset about Aunt Marnie."

The Grim Reaper was quite threatening when seen up close, but Jas persisted in her efforts.

Grim relented, but only for a day. Still, it gave Ted time to say good-bye and to assure the family that he and Marnie would be happy to be reunited. "Marlon has promised to drop in on us, too," he added.

The thunderstorms started soon after Ted's death, and Arthur's observatory was a frequent target.

Arthur still hadn't said anything to Jas about being a double agent. He was beginning to hope that she would never find out.

Jas was quite busy now, with a new toddler in the house -- Theodore Lewis II.

And even though she spent a lot of time working from home, Jas managed to reach the pinnacle of her profession and become a national leader.

She just wished her adopted uncle could be there to see her success and to play with his young namesake.

A CITY MOURNS
Ted Lewis, our beloved "Mayor Lewis," died at home yesterday, following his wife Marnie into the afterworld. For years he ensured that Willow Creek and its surrounding areas were a shining example of good government. He is survived by his adopted daughter Jas (our newly elected National Leader) and adopted son Xeno. His other son Marlon pre-deceased him, but Ted and Marnie had four grandchildren: Saffron and Sage Lewis and Cecily and Raymond Soriano. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to World United.

The Lewises' story continues in Chapter 76.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 27 -- Jas)
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
Chapter 67

"I've found out how to get to Sixam," Gus told Madilyn when he took her out for breakfast one morning. "There's a problem, though -- we can't both go at the same time. The wormhole can only take one."

Madilyn had always said she wanted to go, but she'd envisioned herself with a companion -- Gus or some nameless alien who looked a bit like Thorne Bailey in Star Jump.

The scenery was eerily beautiful, of course.

But without someone to share the beauty, it was a little depressing. She told herself that everyone she knew was down there in Simland, looking up at her here in Sixam, but Madilyn still felt alone.

Still the memory of her trip to Sixam lingered. When the opportunity came to blow the whistle on a scam being run at Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, her place of employment, Madilyn did the right thing. To her dismay, she was fired. But in this case her little cloud had a silver lining. She now had a group of people who followed her on social media, and she took advantage of that fact to start a job in the field.

Later on, Gus took their collection of geodes from Sixam over to The Rowley Museum to add to their holdings.

At the same time he discovered that he could refine crystals himself, even crystals he'd bought online.

"I put together a more powerful Blessings of Wealth relic for you," he told Madilyn.
"We don't really need more money," she said, but Gus activated the relic anyway.

As for the rest of the family, everyone was doing well. Clint played chess with Shane, thereby enabling him to max logic and finish his Nerd Brain aspiration, while Shane maxed his mental skill and finished his Whiz Kid aspiration.

Selena still had to do more work on her Whiz Kid aspiration, but she was well on the way to accomplishing it.

And now that Gus had learned everything there was to know about Omiscan archaeology, he was developing his logic skills, too.

Shane becomes a teen in Chapter 77.