Author Topic: Game unable to start correctly or crashes back to desktop  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Game unable to start correctly or crashes back to desktop
« on: April 12, 2016, 03:18:35 AM »
I have a peculiar situation. A week ago, I've been getting this error upon activating the start button of the launcher for the TS3W executable:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I've yet to figure out why this is the case, but I can temporarily work around it by renaming the .exe file. However, shortly after a save game loads, it crashes; I find the Crash Log Analyzer (found on ModTheSims) says the cause is an incorrect executable (expects TS3W but gets something else).

What third option do I have to take here?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game unable to start correctly or crashes back to desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »
I am not sure what to do for this problem. I asked Hubby about it too. And we're just not sure. You may want to look into Adding Sims 3 and expansions to the DEP, if you haven't already.

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working (Tips)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg425117.html#msg425117

Other than that, maybe a fresh install might help, if you haven't done it in awhile.

Hmm.. Something else that might be worth trying first is re-tracing the path to the game. Make sure that the path is correct. For example my path is (custom install)

C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Base Game\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

By default install paths are:

Digital Download Version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3

The Original Disc Version - pre 2012 version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

** The newer disc versions may default install to Origin Games.

-- If on 1.67 use the TS3w file. If on 1.69 use the ts3.exe file

I'm not sure if any of this will help, but it maybe worth looking into.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »
It somehow fixed itself; I don't get that unable to start application error, but I did follow the DEP suggestion just in case it attempts to return. Thanks anyway :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »
I'm happy to hear it was able to fix itself. I find when I run into the game crashing to desktop or anything of the sort I restart the computer and it seems to help. Lately it's been crashing due to the game trying to use the same memory as another program on my computer. It's frustrating, but a restart usually helps. Then on to playing the game. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *