Author Topic: Can you copy Sims 3 files from Windows 7 to 10?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
Can you copy Sims 3 files from Windows 7 to 10?
« on: June 20, 2021, 01:27:51 AM »
My Sims 3 game is on my Windows 7 desktop and my neice wants me to copy it to her Windows 10 computer.
I haven't tried this because my Windows 10 desktop is strictly for my work, so I figured I'd ask the community here because you all know everything. ;-)
Can all the game files just be copied over from Win 7 to Win10 without issues?  And, if so, has anyone experienced any issues that I should be aware of?
(Beyond the whole OneNote and/or game bar stuff, that is.)

Thanks all!

NanoSeven/Nattasha

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can you copy Sims 3 files from Windows 7 to 10?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 02:42:38 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what you're meaning. Please forgive any miss-understanding.

Are you meaning taking the Sims 3 folder from your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ; puting it onto a usb drive and sharing it with your neice.

Yep, that's doable.

[Info.] Transfer Sims 3 Game Saves or Sims 3 Folder to Another Computer
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31911.msg507829#msg507829

Sharing Origin accounts is doable, but highly not recommended because:

It's against EA Terms of Service, considered piracy and could get your account shut down.

There's other reasons I won't go into here. Let's just say sharing accounts opens up a whole can of headaches.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Can you copy Sims 3 files from Windows 7 to 10?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 07:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
The bigger part of the question was if anyone had any issues/weirdness once they did transfer from Win 7 to Win 10.

I'm just going to network her computer and use data transfer, avoiding the extra step of the USB drive.

Natt

anything