Author Topic: Generations or WA?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
Generations or WA?
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
I have pretty much every EP except for Gen and WA.

I am sorry if I posted this on the incorrect board, but I was wondering out of the two which one would be better for me to purchase next if I do decide to buy it.

Thanks,

KDC.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Generations or WA?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »
There is no simple answer to this it all depends on what you like to do in the Sims.If you like to play with families then Generations is the way to go. If you like to travel and explore then WA is the best idea.
For me personally I would get generations because out of the two EPs that is one I play more because I play a lot of generational challanges.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »
There is no simple answer to this it all depends on what you like to do in the Sims.If you like to play with families then Generations is the way to go. If you like to travel and explore then WA is the best idea.
For me personally I would get generations because out of the two EPs that is one I play more because I play a lot of generational challanges.

Rachel

Thanks for your response. I do know it is an individual choice and preference, just seeing out of the two what more people found useful to the game. I do admit I like playing with families more but I still wasn't 100% sold on the EP.

Thanks for your help :)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
In my opinion, Generations is much more useful [Bunk beds and shelves, not to mention pranks!].

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
In my opinion, Generations is much more useful [Bunk beds and shelves, not to mention pranks!].

Thanks for your response! So far everyone it seems loves Gens over WA. Although in terms of Dynasty games I see everyone has WA and they go on holiday to stop aging. Hmm...This may be an interesting choice. I'll most likely wait until Future Shop or EB Games goes down in price. Thanks!

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:45 AM »
I have WA, Pets, Ambitions and High end loft, but I REALLY want generations. It just seems so cool, with the bunk beds and boarding schools and what
WA is cool, you can have alot of fun exploring the tombs and turning your sim into a mummy-plus you get new skills, photography and nectar making.
It has some nice household items and clothes, too, but I personally think I would prefur Generations, because I almost never make my sims go on holiday
But really it is a matter of personal opinion;but WA should be way down on price, because its been like two years since it came out. Hope this helps :-)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
I'm on the other side of the coin. I really prefer WA over Generations. I'm not a dynasty/legacy kind of player. I have aging set on the lowest possible settings so that kids age up quickly.

Generations did not come with a new town and to me the content was pretty light compared to other SPs. It did give you a lot of new interactions but I find some of the interactions can get quite annoying. 

With WA you get the option of travel to three other cities and if you use the nraas traveler mod you can make any of those cities a home town to live  in and play out the game. I enjoyed the adventures but the drawback for me was once I had done each adventure I got my "been there,done that" feeling. (The reason I don't raise multi-generational families.) I thought it had a lot of new items that I use a lot and enjoy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »
The Sims 3 owners can choose from multiple expansion packs that bring a variety of different features to the game. Some players own them all, but many will buy only those with the features that interest them most. Questions like this come up often but there is no right answer. Only you can decide.

The guide has a list of Expansion Packs with detailed summaries of the content offered by each to help you make a decision.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys. I actually purchased WA yesterday because there was a huge sale on it! Gens was still at its normal price so I am gonna get that one last. I really appreciate everyone helping me out! Thanks :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
There is actually a 25% off thing going on with Origin if you are a PC user.  Sale ends June 10th but all of the Sims 3 titles are on the list except for Sweet Treats and the upcoming Diesel SP.  Just put in the code ORIGINE3 after placing the item in your cart.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
There is actually a 25% off thing going on with Origin if you are a PC user.  Sale ends June 10th but all of the Sims 3 titles are on the list except for Sweet Treats and the upcoming Diesel SP.  Just put in the code ORIGINE3 after placing the item in your cart.

I've tried to purchase from Origin before but it doesn't recognize my Paypal as an option and I don't own a credit card...Plus I prefer going to the games store and having the physical copy in hand.

Thanks!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »
I've tried to purchase from Origin before but it doesn't recognize my Paypal as an option and I don't own a credit card...Plus I prefer going to the games store and having the physical copy in hand.

Thanks!

I've found that even on that Origin Discount there are still other Websites cheaper or that match the same price. I'm in the UK though so it could be different.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I actually purchased WA yesterday because there was a huge sale on it! Gens was still at its normal price so I am gonna get that one last. I really appreciate everyone helping me out! Thanks :D

Even though it was a bargain I think it was the best choice.  ;) Generations is cute but World Adventures adds excitement and something new with vast new gameplay.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
I've found that even on that Origin Discount there are still other Websites cheaper or that match the same price. I'm in the UK though so it could be different.

Even though it was a bargain I think it was the best choice.  ;) Generations is cute but World Adventures adds excitement and something new with vast new gameplay.

I am sure Origin is not the cheapest compared to other places and or some stores :P Yeah I am liking WA although for me atm...Some of adventures are getting annoying and I can't be bothered with them...I think I have been playing Sims so much lately that I am starting to get a little sick of it...May need to pause for awhile or find new goals to achieve in game :P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
I am sure Origin is not the cheapest compared to other places and or some stores :P Yeah I am liking WA although for me atm...Some of adventures are getting annoying and I can't be bothered with them...I think I have been playing Sims so much lately that I am starting to get a little sick of it...May need to pause for awhile or find new goals to achieve in game :P

I still have never got around to completing the WA adventures! I don't play enough games with adventures yet I really enjoy them so it's weird. I've had it since it came out as well! So for me it really does hold my attention - hope you enjoy it!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

Thanks!

I can understand that.  I wasn't trying to push you.  I was just letting you know there was a sale going on.  I prefer Origin because unless you have a Mac and a PC in your house, it's the easiest way to make sure all my computers do have my games and I don't have to worry about wear the disc is or fighting over the disc if we both want to play the newest expansion.  And if I lose a disc - it's not a problem at all because it's available online all the time.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'