Author Topic: Rex Rocker: A Rockin' Mom  (Read 8219 times)

Offline 11Snoopy16

• I'm a Simmer and a serious gamer. Don't confuse the two.
  • Townie
    • Non-Confidential Diaries of a Girl Gamer
Rex Rocker: A Rockin' Mom
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:06 AM »
Chapter One: The Mistake
The name's Rex Rocker and yes, I am a girl. I am the prodigy of a famous movie producing mom and a successful rock star dad; I'm not sure why they decided to name me Rex. I've always been known as the life of the party, the bad girl, and I've never backed down from a fight. Mom and Dad took me to Sunset Valley to fulfill their dreams and I grew up there, I raised my children there, and my children raised their children there.
After graduating high school, I found a one bedroom, one bathroom house in the suburbs of the town. It wasn't much, but it’s what my budget could afford. I decided to follow in my father's footsteps and become a famous rock star after they moved to Appaloosa Plains. I bought a guitar with the money I had left over from the move and began practicing for my audition at the theater.
After hours of practice, I headed down to the theater and got the job with only a pay of $25/hour, but I knew it would be enough to at least pay my bills. I lived in the house for about a week or so, earning promotions left and right. In my free time, I would chat in front of the theater, meeting the eccentric people who socialized outside. One day, after work, I met him: Stiles McGraw. Stiles may not have been the perfect guy, but he definitely had a way with words and he turned out to be a schmooze if I ever saw one. We talked for hours at the theater that day, asking about each other's careers, our families, our high schools, anything we could think to talk about.
"You don't look like a musical person." he told me, eyeing my clothes. I wore a black vest, a blue, yellow, and green flaming skirt and matching Converse shoes. To top off the outfit, I wore white earrings and black bands, along with some aviator shades.
"Well, if you had seen my mother and father, you'd think differently. Besides, that's not what I'm known for."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, I'm not exactly looked at as a musical person in the first place. People see me and they see a drunken party girl that's out to have fun no matter what." I looked up at the stars in the sky, and slightly shook my head, "But hey, it’s not like I mind. I don't get stepped on or taken advantage of."
"I could change that right now." He moved closer to me.
"I don't want to be taken advantage of, Stiles." He laughed and took my hands.
"Not the taking advantage of you part, the drunken party girl part. I can change that right now." I knew what he meant, but I didn't want a boyfriend, not now.
"Uh no--no thanks. I just recently got settled down and finally got used to my daily routine and--" then he reached in and kissed me. I didn't even have time to react; it felt as if electricity had pulsed through my veins and paralyzed me. Before I knew it, we were making out and flirting back and forth. He drove me back home and my entire world spun around me, I didn't even have time to realize that we had made it into my bed...
Here we go again.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
Re: Rex Rocker: A Rockin' Mom
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
Chapter Two: The Regret
I woke up the next morning slightly dizzy with a terrible headache. Stiles snored next to me and I groggily tossed the sheets off of me and rubbed my eyes. What had happened last night? I thought to myself.
"Wake up!" I shook Stiles vigorously. He grunted then rolled over and opened his eyes.
"Wh-what...?" he tiredly stumbled out of the bed.
"Get up and get out!" I yelled. His eyes widened and he fumbled for his clothes and footing and scurried out the door.
I rested my forehead in the palm of my hand. This always happened at the parties before I moved out of my parent's house; waking up in the morning and not being able to remember what happened the night before. I practically crawled down the stairs to the kitchen and got myself a bowl of cereal. I felt like crying and yelling and dancing all at the same time. Why did I feel this way? Why were my moods being bipolar? I tried to shake off the bad mood I had by playing my guitar, but after I played some music, I felt like vomiting.
This went on for a couple of days. I came home from work as usual one night, and instantly, I ran to the bathroom and, well...dirtied up the toilet.
"Why is this happening?" Nothing made sense. I had a hunch though and it wasn’t necessarily a good one, so I drove to the general store and bought a pregnancy test. Worried, I rode a taxi back home, but I just stared out the window until we pulled up to my house. I didn't rush myself when I took the test. I couldn't bear to watch the result so I turned to my guitar and practiced for a few minutes. I returned to the bathroom to see the result. I covered my eyes, fearing the worst to come; I picked up the test and then carefully opened my eyes: positive. I slid down the bathroom wall to the floor as I stared at the pregnancy test.

I was going to have a baby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
Chapter Three: The Preparation
I didn't have training in raising a kid, much less a baby. I had zero experience, so I bought a couple of pregnancy books to help me prepare for the arrival of my child. Every time I said "I'm having a baby" in my head, the stranger it sounded. I didn't ever think it would happen to me, but I continued my daily routine as usual; I played my guitar, I read the pregnancy books, and got plenty of sleep, which I happened to be good at, being a heavy sleeper.
With both of my parents getting close to the end, as sad as it sounded, I wished they had more free time to come from Appaloosa Plains to visit. It didn’t matter though; I could handle this on my own. Once, I had gotten myself in quite the predicament, and ended up with three boyfriends (none of them knowing about the others). Somehow I managed to break up with all of them and none of them to this day know that they dated me simultaneously. It encouraged me to think that if I could handle my previous situations, I could handle having one baby.
Stiles didn’t come around to visit me much; I’m sure work kept him busy. I didn’t fret, mostly because I dreaded the day when I would have to break the news that his baby formed inside me. At that moment though, I knew I shouldn’t be worried about it and focused more on practicing my guitar.

Towards the end of my first trimester, my baby bump had started to bulge out. I poked at my stomach when I relaxed on my bed and read the pregnancy books. It seemed so weird that a little life form danced and twisted with the ways of meiosis without a care in its tiny world. I smiled, but then shook it away. This isn’t the time to get all lovey dovey! After all, this baby could be a little demon! I frowned at my stomach and it made me apprehensive to think about a rowdy kid screaming and hollering when he or she didn’t get what they wanted. I turned on my side and decided to call Stiles and tell him the news.
He came over as soon as his shift at work finished. I shook his hand, to let him know I wasn’t there to make out or have fun, I meant business.
“What’s up?” he smiled and my insides cringed. I knew this man wouldn’t be good father material and I would do anything to make sure he didn’t end up with this baby.
“I have some news, Stiles…” I looked at the ground and I saw him trying to look me in the eye, “I’m pregnant with your baby…” I looked at him and he seemed quite excited.
“Really? That’s great, I mean, we’ll have to move in together and get married—,” I stopped him.
“Stiles, that’s also why I invited you over…I’m not ready for a commitment, and to be totally honest…I would like it if we just stayed friends. You can visit the baby whenever you like, I won’t keep him or her away from you.” That didn’t get the reaction I expected and he yelled at me, telling me how selfish I had been to play with his emotions. He stomped off to his convertible, slammed the car door, and squealed off of my lot.
“Wow. Alright then, that could’ve gone better.” I had heard worse from better men so I didn’t take any of it to heart.
I went back inside my empty house to play music for my baby. Stiles’ reaction, for some reason, left an impression on me though. Had I been selfish to get caught up in a moment full of passion and romance? Or had he been in the wrong too for seducing me in the first place? I decided not to point fingers; I knew it to be easier to say we were both mistaken to take advantage of the heated moment and each other.

With my second trimester ending, my stomach had bulged out like a balloon. The baby bump gone, my stomach had almost doubled in size and my back ached constantly. As the pregnancy went on, I grew closer to the infant that squirmed and kicked inside of me. I hadn’t started thinking about the names I wanted, but I knew they would be totally rad like mine, maybe that had been my inner rebel talking though.
   Stiles never called and I avoided him however I could. I did take some time, however, to buy some baby furniture. I bought a cute baby crib to match the living room, a high chair, a white teddy bear with overalls, and a potty chair. I continued saving the money that I got for my maternity leave to buy children’s books and toys. I, of course, continued to play my guitar, I started eating bread and jam, feeling that it nourished the baby more than cereal, and rested often.
   I grew confident as the days went on that I would be able to raise the child to the best of my abilities. I often rubbed my stomach, which had a smooth, comforting feeling that I wasn’t alone. I always smiled at the little foot that would sometimes swim to the surface and run across my belly. At night, I would tell the baby how much I loved him or her and go to bed.
   I had big hopes for this child and I knew they would become successful and prosperous…

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
Really great writing you manage to make your main character come alive even without pictures,so well done for that. I hope that the baby gets a totally rad name just like his or her mum.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
Thanks! I have most of the story written out already, so far its 10 chapters long. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
I can't wait for the baby, and what you end up naming him/ her.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
Chapter Four: The Baby
I had entered one of the most stressful trimesters of my pregnancy. My back ached worse than before and my stomach had gotten huge! I had to sit down more than I wanted to, and I could no longer play my guitar because of the big pregnancy belly that practically rested in my lap. Instead, I watched my static TV and read cookbooks.
   I did find some time, though, to call mom and dad to tell them about the baby. They were so excited to be having a grandchild and they apologized for not being able to come and see me. I knew I had their support though and that encouraged me further.
   As soon as I hung up the phone from the chat with mom and dad, it happened. My cell phone rang (I didn’t go into labor, nice try though) and the voice sounded faintly familiar.
   “Hey, this is Parker. I know you haven’t heard from me in quite a while, but I thought we’d hang out and catch up, is that okay?” Parker…Parker...? I’ve heard this name somewhere... I thought to myself, and then I realized who spoke on the other line.
   “Parker, you mean Parker Langerak?” I practically shouted into the phone.
   “Yeah, this is Rex, right? Rex Rocker?”
   “This is she. How have you been?! I would love to catch up!” Parker and I had attended high school together and dated for a long time. We broke up because we couldn’t stop arguing, but we stayed best friends even after we split up.
   “I’ve been doing well. I got a job at the diner in town. How have you been holding up?” He laughed.
   “Well...” I looked down at my big pregnant belly, “You’ll just have to wait and see.”
   “So is Sunday a good day?” he asked. I didn’t know when the baby would finally come out, so I didn’t want to take the risk.
   “I’ll have to check my calendar and get back to you—you will definitely hear from me though!”
   “Alright, Rex, you have a good day and I’ll be waiting for your phone call.” Then dial tone.
   I couldn’t believe Parker had managed to contact me again, of all the people. He used to be a slob the last time I spoke to him, but very friendly. I put my phone on the kitchen table and sat down to rest. The pregnancy wore me out, so I decided to head upstairs to bed, besides, it had gotten late.

That night, I had a strange dream where I stood on the top deck of a cruise ship and the waves kept rocking and rocking until I fell overboard into the water. I awoke sweating and I felt oddly wet. I pulled the sheets off and realized my water had broken in the middle of the night!
   “Oh no, no, no, no, I’m going into labor!” I got up and right as I put my feet on the floor, a contraction started. I groaned in agony and dialed the hospital’s phone number to tell them about the baby. I put my jacket on and waddled out the door.
   The night air nipped a bit, but being in excruciating pain, I paid no mind to it and rode in the backseat of a taxi. When I arrived at the hospital, nurses rushed to help me to the birthing room, where, after only a couple of hours, I gave birth to a baby boy.
   I looked at the pink infant who cried before me and I knew what I would name him: Ares, for the Greek god of war and strength. His voice echoed strongly and his arms flailed around.
   “So you’re the rascal that had been squirming inside me all that time…” I smiled at him and a tear rolled down my cheek. His shrill, oddly, became music to my heart. I never knew I could love someone so greatly when I had just met them, someone I had been carrying around inside of me for so long, but I had never seen.
   This became a major cornerstone of my life and so, as I looked at my baby son, I decided to give up my partying days and trade in the alcohol glass for a baby bottle.

Number of Traits Changed: 1/5
Trait Transformation:
Party Animal --> Family-Oriented

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »
This is a great story! You are a excellent writer, I enjoy it very much. Can't wait for more. :)

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
Chapter Five: The Motherhood
   Ares couldn’t have been a better baby. He slept most of the time and rarely cried. I never thought taking care of an infant could be so simple. With Ares’ laid-back personality, I continued my daily routine as usual, only adding in time for my son in the schedule.
   I would wake up in the morning, feed Ares, change his diaper, play with him, then make some breakfast. I would then use the bathroom and shower and practice my guitar for a few hours while Ares napped. Then I would change Ares’ diaper again, feed him, play with him and go to bed.
   After having brought Ares home for a couple of days, I remembered Parker and my promise to contact him back. I looked at Ares who napped cozily in his crib and dialed Parker’s number.
   “Hey, Parker, it’s Rex.” I nonchalantly said.
   “Hey! I was starting to worry.”
   “Yeah, you free right now to hang out?” I crossed my fingers.
   “Yeah, where do you want to meet?”
   “What about the park?” I smiled.
   “Sounds good, I’ll meet you at the park in let’s say…10 minutes?”
   “Perfect, I have so much to tell you!” I excitedly announced.
   “Alright, see you in a bit!”
   “Bye, Parker.” I hung up the phone and hopped eagerly into the shower. It had been at least 3 years since I had last seen Parker. I wondered what he looked like. After my shower, I grabbed up my cell phone and called a babysitter to watch after Ares.
   The taxi drive to the park only drained my excitement and filled me with anxiety. What if Parker had changed in a bad way? What if he didn’t like the person I had become? When I arrived at the park, I spotted him immediately near the picnic tables and grills. He looked the same as when we graduated, but taller.
   I nervously exited the taxi and bit my lower lip, just the sight of him made my stomach flutter and my heart galloped. He glanced my way and I waved shyly.
   “Hey…” I awkwardly smiled.
   “Hey, how have you been?” he hugged me and he smelled just as I remembered.
   “I’ve been doing well. I have some news to tell you though, first.” He looked at me with a familiar look that I knew only to mean he wanted to hook up. We sat down at one of the picnic tables.
“I have…” I paused.
   “You have what?” he looked confusedly at me.
   “Um…Parker, a lot of things have changed since we split up and well—,” he took my hands and interrupted me.
   “I understand, Rex.”
   “You do?”
   “Yeah, you’re married. Its fine, I just wanted to catch up. I heard you were in town and you were—are my best friend.”
   I sighed; I definitely had to tell him. If there had been anything I didn’t want him to think, it was that I had gotten hitched.
   “No…I…I have a son—a baby actually—a newborn.” I stammered a bit.
   He stared at me, dumbfounded.
   “You…you got pregnant?” he looked at the filthy picnic table.
   “Yeah, I ‘broke up’ with the baby’s father, who, by the way, didn’t even bother to come to watch me give birth to the kid.”
   “Oh!” His eyes lit back up. Maybe he thought the baby’s father still hung around? I knew Parker to not mess with a woman who already had a boyfriend or husband, or so I thought.
   “Yeah, it’s all cool though. You know me; I don’t let much get through emotionally.”
   “Yeah, that’s the Rex I remember and that’s just the thing.”
   “What?”
   “I can’t imagine you having a baby. You don’t party with the baby do you? Ha, now that’s some bad parenting!” he laughed at his own joke.
   “No. I don’t.” I looked him straight in the eye as serious as I could manage.
   “Oh…you turned in the old shot glass and vodka bottle, hm?”
   “My child comes first now, Parker.”
   “I understand, but I do need to tell you something as well, Rex.” He appeared almost ashamed.
   “You do?”
   “I um, I never really stopped liking you when we broke up.” He rubbed the nape of his neck, “I just, I couldn’t get you off of my mind. You were so fun to be around and you always had something funny to say to lighten the mood.”
   “I don’t…I don’t know what to say.” Never had a guy told me that he never gotten over me. They were either so eager to leave me or too desperate to keep around. When I looked up at Parker, he gently grabbed the back of my head, leaned in and kissed me.
   “I…I really don’t know what to say now.” I stared at him wide-eyed. He laughed then kissed me once more on the cheek.
   “It’s getting late, Rex. I better head back to my house. I’ll call you in the morning, though. It was nice catching up.” He grinned.
   “Yeah, I have to go pay my babysitter anyways. I’ll be waiting for your call…”

When I got back to my house, I paid the babysitter and stumbled into the recliner. The ride back had given me a migraine and my skull felt like it had been screwed on backwards. My mind swam with thoughts and even though I knew it had been a while since Stiles and I had spoken, I couldn’t help but feel rushed. My life seemed to be passing away; I wanted to focus on caring for Ares, not a boyfriend. How could I explain this to Parker though?

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
Chapter Six: The Toddler
   I never got a phone call from Parker that week. Actually, a couple of years passed before I spoke to Parker again. I saw him sometimes at the market or general store; we would wave and say hi, but we never called each other or hung out. I didn’t mind, really, I focused more on Ares who got older day after day.
I went about my daily routine as usual and practiced my guitar in my free time. Ares started outgrowing his clothes and babbled gibberish when I fed him. I never understood what he said, but I rolled with it most of the time. His birthday arrived sooner than I would have liked, but I couldn’t be anything except excited that my little boy would start to talk, walk, and use the potty on his own; mostly excited about him using the potty.
Tuesday of that week, I bought balloons and a small cake for his 1st birthday. I didn’t get to meet many people and the people from work were only my acquaintances. I figured it best to just be my son and I at his birthday (I knew his good-for-nothing father wouldn’t show up; he hadn’t visited his son once over the couple of years Ares had been born.)
That night, while I fed Ares in the recliner, I glimpsed out the window to find the mailbox flag up. Why didn’t I notice that before? I laid Ares down for his nap in his crib and went outside to check the mail. I reached in and pulled out a check and a note attached to it.

Rex,
I know I haven’t been around for Ares and I’m really sorry for that. I thought about what you said and you’re right, it’s better if we just stayed friends. I really would like to see my son, but I got a promotion at work and I’m moving to Bridgeport for the job. I’m really sorry and I wish you both well, I hope someday I will be able to visit again.

Sincerely,
                  Stiles McGraw

I could only stare at Stiles’ signature at the bottom of the letter. My mouth opened slightly in astonishment at the news that my baby wouldn’t even get to look at his father. I put the note in my pocket and then turned my attention to the check. My eyes almost popped out at the amount it had been written for: $5000!
I rubbed my eyes to make sure I hadn’t damaged my vision in some way. The check’s timing had been so coincidental because ever since Ares had been born, I kept tabs on bigger houses that were within my budget range. I picked one out with two bedrooms and a bathroom, and one that had been located closer to town. When I last looked at it, I still needed $4000 before I could buy it, but with the check Stiles sent, I would be able to afford it.

Ares’ birthday came in the morning and I blew out the single candle for him.
“Hey, hey!” I heard the front door open. I placed Ares on the floor and gave him a bottle. Parker stood in the doorway and waved at me.
“Hey.” I stood slightly shocked that he came over.
“I brought the little guy a present.” He handed a small box to me. I opened it to find a xylophone.
“Wow, thanks Parker, but how did you know Ares’ birthday was today?” I placed the present on the floor in front of Ares.
“A little bird told me…” he looked through the side of his eye.
“What little bird?” I glared at him.
“Um…well, now, don’t get mad…”
“Parker.”
“I asked your boss and he asked one of your co-workers who knew the baby’s father, Stiles, and Stiles told me…” he flinched.
“Stiles knows about you now?!” I shouted, “Why? Just—wait, wait. When did you ask Stiles about the birthday?” something clicked in my head.
“A few days ago, actually, why?” he looked very confused. I grabbed the note out of my back pocket and let Parker read it.
“I found this in the mail yesterday,” I then flashed the check at Parker, “along with this. Seems the man is moving out of town soon and Ares won’t get to see his father. Now I know why he sent it in the first place; because you asked him when my son’s birthday was and now he thinks I’m dating you.” I crossed my arms.
“Wow, $5000 says the man won’t be coming back.” Parker smiled. I hit him on the chest.
“Nice try, but I’m using the money to buy a new house in town.” I looked back at Ares and grinned as my boy started playing with his new xylophone.
“Sorry I haven’t been around either.” Parker confessed.
“Its fine, I’ve been busy with this little guy anyways and work.” I smiled so he wouldn’t worry about my feelings being hurt. He moved a little closer to me.
“Parker, wait. Don’t get carried away. I still have a lot on my plate to think about.” He backed away.
“I’m—I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.”
“No, no it’s fine. I mean, I’m definitely interested in you, but I really want to buy this house first before making any other big decisions.”
“I understand, well, tell the little guy happy birthday for me. I have to head to work now.” He kissed me on the cheek then left. Now for the new house…

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »
Chapter Seven: The House
Ares learned how to walk and talk quicker than I anticipated; he even learned how to use the potty all in one day. When I remembered my pregnancy with Ares and how I really didn’t want him in the beginning and as I watched him, I couldn't imagine life without him. The little man became my life and my best friend.
I finally started working harder at the theater and played my guitar there too. I ended up making a few friends and I earned a couple of promotions. I always came home to Ares who sat on the floor and played his xylophone or the blocks I had bought for his birthday.
That Thursday differed from any other day, however, because on that day, I had spoken with a realtor and agreed to buy the house I wanted in town. I didn’t bother packing everything for the new house, the realtor said that it would be furnished if we bought it for the initial price of $18,000 (which I did.) I decided the only items I really wanted to bring with me were Ares’ toys and my high school diploma.
Excitement filled me when I picked little Ares up and loaded into the taxi which would take us to our new home. Each street we turned onto filled my stomach with new butterflies. When we finally pulled up to the small house, I smiled real big and turned to Ares in his car seat.
“Look Ares, that’s our new house!” I smiled at him as he sipped on his sippy cup.
“House!” he said in his baby voice and pointed.
“That’s right. Come on, you want to go inside?” he nodded adorably and I unstrapped him from his seat and picked up our few things.
The only word I could think to describe the house: perfect. When I first walked into the white house, a large living room with a loveseat couch and new TV awaited. The kitchen located near the furthest wall had a high chair to the left. On the right side of the room were two doors, one to the master bedroom and one to the nursery-kid’s room. Beside the master bedroom door, on the wall adjacent to it, another door led to the bathroom. Near the door to the nursery-kid’s room, a bookshelf sat diagonal facing the loveseat.
I put little Ares down so he could go explore his new setting. I really wanted to head to the bookstore to buy Ares his children’s books. I decided I would take him with me; after all, I needed the $75 I would probably pay the babysitter to buy the books.
“Come on Ares, let’s go to the bookstore.” He turned around from patting the couch and made grabbing motions for me to pick him up.
It took much less time to get to the bookstore since we closer to town. I wasn’t shocked to spot someone in town that day.
“Hey, there’s that beautiful person. Oh, you’re pretty too, Rex.” Parker laughed.
“What’re you doing here?”
“Oh nothing, I had to get food for the house. What’re you doing?”
“Getting books for Ares; I moved into my new house.” I smiled looking down at Ares who sucked on his thumb.
“That’s cool. You wouldn’t mind if I came over and checked the place out, would you?”
“It would be my pleasure. Let me get these books and we can catch a cab together.”

When Parker and I arrived at the house, I placed some books on the floor for Ares and showed him how to open them and turn the pages; he caught on quickly.
“Nice house, it’s much bigger than your last one.” Parker surveyed the entire living room.
“Yeah, I really like this place. I’ll give you the grand tour.” I smiled.
“That would be delightful.” He bowed. I laughed and showed him around the bigger, but still quaint abode.
“The bathroom is right through here,” I showed him opening the bathroom door slightly, “Here is the nursery room. It’s equipped with a single bed and toys, plus a crib.”
“Nice, I really like the setup.” He stated intelligently.
“And right through here we have the master bedroom; where a woman’s dream can come true.” I winked at him.
“Yeah…” he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close to him.
“Parker…” I said looking down at his chest.
“Hm?”
“…nothing…” I gazed up at him.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
Chapter Eight: The Dilemma
“This is probably the only time I haven’t regretted…you know…this.” I had my head on Parker’s chest and he had his hand over my back.
“Yeah, listen, I really need to head back to my place. Don’t think I used you, I’ll definitely call you.” He smiled and kissed me on the lips.
“Alright, I’ll see you later.” I rose and got dressed. I needed to check on Ares anyways. I peeped outside the door, he sat in the middle of the living room floor where he read his books. I snickered; he never failed to brighten my day. I exited the bedroom and approached Ares.
“You hungry, baby?” I kneeled down next to him. He nodded his small head, so I made him a bottle and handed it to him. Then I happily walked outside to practice my guitar.

A couple of days later, I didn’t feel so happy anymore, I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom four times in one day, not to mention the number of times I had to stop practice at work to vomit.
Oh no…I can’t be, no! I panicked as I rose from leaning over the toilet. I went to the general store after work with Ares and bought yet another pregnancy test. The taxi ride back home that time didn’t fill me with so much regret. I watched Ares who played with his feet, giggling at himself, and pointed out the window. I almost started crying.
I put Ares back on the floor when we got home so he could read his books. I headed straight to the bathroom and used the pregnancy test. I paced back and forth in the bathroom and glanced outside the door every now and then to check on Ares. Never had 5 minutes been so long in all my life.
I checked the pregnancy test and…positive. Now I carried Parker’s baby in me.
“This time I’m not waiting. I have to tell Parker.” I immediately pulled out my cell phone.
“Rex? I told you I would call you.” He sounded frustrated.
“I have to talk to you. Now.”
“Well, okay, is it an emergency?”
“This cannot wait, Parker.” I almost shouted.
“I’ll be right over.”
Parker arrived at the house a few minutes later and he appeared as if he murdered someone.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Yeah…so, why did you bring me over?”
“I’m…I’m pregnant…with your baby.” I found it harder to tell Parker about the pregnancy, than when I had announced my first pregnancy to Stiles.
“Oh crap. Rex, I don’t know how to tell you this…but…” he looked at his dark blue shoes.
“What? You can tell me anything, Parker, you know that.” He sighed.
“I have a girlfriend…”
“You…you have a what?!” my voice crescendoed, “When did this happen? Oh my—did you have a girlfriend when we slept together? Who is she?”
“A girlfriend, yesterday, no, Holly Alto.” He answered each one of my questions in sequence.
“Please…just go. I took care of Ares, I can take care of this baby too.” He frowned in the corner of his mouth, turned around slowly, and solemnly drove away.
When I went back inside, I shut the door behind me, collapsed to the floor, and wept uncontrollably. Ares wobbly walked over to me and rested his hand on my knee.
“Don’t cry mommy.” He looked up at me with his big beautiful eyes and I wiped my tears away and hugged him. I suddenly realized that the only things that should’ve truly mattered to me were Ares and the little one on the way. I kissed Ares on his cheek and told him to go play some more.
This pregnancy I could tell wasn’t going to be an easy one.

The days passed quickly and I spent my maternity leave reading the Jimmy Sprocket series with Ares. He had finished reading all of the other books I had bought for him. My little boy started doing everything by himself practically, except for getting in the crib and making his own food. He pretty much had his own daily routine. He would wake up and wait for me to get him out of his crib. I would play with him, then change his diaper and feed him. After he ate, he would use his potty and then read his books (up until he finished them all), then play with either his xylophone or block toys.
I, on the other hand, would wake up, tend to Ares, shower, eat, and practice my guitar. Sometimes however, I would take a break and play with Ares or tell him to stop putting odd objects in his mouth, like the tissue box or magazines. When my belly started to poke out, Ares began to notice.
“Mommy, you got fat.”
“I know. There’s a baby inside me.”
“You ate a baby?” he asked with a shocked face.
“No honey, you’re going to have a little brother or sister.” He would then take his small hand and place it on my tummy.
“How is it going to get out?”
I stared in awe.
“I’ll tell you when you’re older.” I brushed his hair back out of his face.
Ares shocked me every time he talked. He had such a vivid imagination and I’m sure his mind just raced away to Never-Never Land with curiosity.

After I finished my first trimester, I took Ares along to the doctor for my check-up.
“Well, your vital signs are good. Everything is in check, now, are you ready for the ultrasound?” I nodded at the doctor who held a clipboard in his hand and sat in a roller chair.
   After a few minutes of setting up, he squirted some gel on my stomach and put the vacuum-looking ultrasound equipment on my belly.
   “There they are.” Wait…what?
   “‘They’? Don’t you mean him or her, or it?” I looked at him with fright.
   “No I mean ‘they’, here’s the first little one,” he showed me a little baby with its head facing to the left, “and the second one.” He showed me a second head facing slightly to the right, “Now, I expect you to come back for another check-up in a couple of weeks. You’ve been doing great, they’re healthy babies!”
   “Yeah…thanks.” Twins, I couldn’t believe there were twins inside me. I should have seen the signs though; my stomach turned out slightly bigger than my first pregnancy.
   I held Ares’ hand and kneeled down in front of him.
   “Ares, you’re going to have two younger brothers or sisters.” I held up my hand with two fingers, “You’re going to have to be extra good for mommy, okay, and help her out. Can you be the man of the house for mommy?” he smiled with enthusiasm.
   “Yes!”
   “Good boy!” I picked him up and hugged him, and then we headed home. I knew I would have to do some changing too, no more going to bed late and waking up in the afternoon. Those days were in the past now.

Number of Traits Changed: 2/5
Trait Transformation:
Party Animal --> Family-Oriented
Heavy Sleeper --> Nurturing

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »
Chapter Nine: The Twins
   The final trimester of the pregnancy came rather quickly. I had been so busy teaching Ares how to play the xylophone before his birthday that I didn’t even have a moment to check the time. I bought two extra cribs, bringing my crib count up to three, I didn’t care that I had bought one too many, I figured I might have had triplets by the rate I had been going. I also bought a second potty chair and a new xylophone and block set. The twins were officially ready to come home.
   Late one night, as I played with Ares and his xylophone, water ran down my legs unexpectedly and Ares sat there in shock.
   “Mommy…” he sounded worried and I felt the pain of a contraction.
   “Don’t worry baby, I’ll be fine." I struggled,"I--I have to go to the doctor for a little while, okay....you can play with Davy.” I strained. I had Davy hired as my babysitter and Ares really enjoyed it when he came to watch him. I called a taxi and rode to the hospital, doubled over in the back seat of the car.
   I rushed inside and they wheeled me off to the delivery room, yet again. After a few hours, longer than the time it took to give birth to Ares, I held two baby boys in my arms.
   “Their names?” the nurse smiled at me.
   “The first boy, Asclepius, and the second baby I want to name Apollo.” Asclepius I knew to be the Greek god of medicine and Apollo, of course, the Greek god of poetry and music. Parker rushed in at that moment.
   “Hey! Sorry I’m late. I got caught up at work and I--” Then he saw the two boys I held in my arms and I thought he would faint.
   “Twins, you…you had twins.” His face went pale.
   “Yeah, no thanks to you, you could have at least come to the ultrasound.” I did invite him, but he refused.
   “I had no idea…I’m so sorry.” He approached me, “Can I?” he reached out his arms.
   “Of course.” I smiled as I handed Asclepius over to him.
   “This little guy was born first.”
   “What’s his name?” Parker asked still looking at Asclepius who slept in his arms.
   “Asclepius Rocker.” Parker smiled and I noticed a tear falling down his face, “And his name?” he motioned to Apollo.
   “Apollo Rocker.” Then a cell phone started to ring.
   “Oh sorry.” He handed Asclepius back to me and answered his phone. I only heard certain words of what he said over the phone.
   “No baby……….yes……..I know………no….hospital……….twins……yes…..love you too……bye.” He shoved his cell phone back into his pocket.
   “Sorry about that. I’ve got to go…Holly is worried about me.”
   I rolled my eyes.
   “Bye Parker.” I slept quite well that night at the hospital.

I brought my two boys home the next morning and that’s when the trouble started. Asclepius cried constantly while Apollo slept, and then Apollo cried nonstop when Asclepius slept. They weren’t in sync, so it made it harder on me to find time to just sit on the bed, much less sleep.
   Ares did as he promised and didn’t fuss, besides, his brothers’ crying made up for it. He had finally finished playing with his toys, which he mastered, and his birthday would arrive in a couple of days. After not being able to sleep with the ruckus of the twins, I decided to call Parker, with much regret.
   “Hey, Parker, it’s Rex.” I yelled over the babies’ crying.
   “Hey, it’s pretty noisy there.” He yelled so I could hear him.
   “Is it okay if I come over to talk to you for a minute?” I could tell which son screamed louder: Apollo.
   “Sure! You can come over now!”
   “Thanks!” I hung up the phone and then dialed Davy’s number. To my surprise, he agreed to take care of the twins while I went to Parker’s house.
   Parker lived just down the street, so I decided to walk. Parker met me at the door and I pulled him aside, out of view from the windows.
   “Listen, I know you have a girlfriend and everything, but I could really—” he grabbed me and kissed me hard on the mouth, “use…your help….okay, what was that for?!” my brain felt it had been replaced with gelatin.
   “Holly is well…not nice. No, actually, she’s evil. She pulls pranks all the time and I can’t take it anymore. I shouldn’t have left you, I shouldn’t have abandoned you, I’m so sorry!”
   “Look, I could really use your help with the twins. I need another person, if I could be on Asclepius’ sleep schedule while you’re on Apollo’s sleep schedule, this would be so much easier.”
   “But what about Holly?” he checked the windows to make sure she wasn’t spying.
   “Break up with Holly, you can move in with me.”
   “Really? You’d let me move in with you?” he grinned from ear to ear; he made me feel like a savior.
   “Yeah.”
   “Well, I’m sure Holly isn’t going to like you for this, but I’ll do it. I’ll meet you back at your place in a few hours.” He shyly kissed me on the cheek and went back inside. Before I had even gotten to the sidewalk, I heard screaming inside the house. I turned to see Holly looking out the door. Oh crap. I duck and ran behind the house across the street before she could see me.
   I came home, of course, to screaming babies. I didn’t have to stress anymore because Parker would be moving in with me to help me out. Things were finally looking up for this family of four...

loveSims

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »
I hope things will be better for her and that Holly didn't take after her mother! Great strory. :)

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »
Thanks everyone for reading!
I decided to go ahead and post both chapters in one to save space. Here's 10 (again) and 11.

Chapter Ten: The Change
   Parker finally got moved in completely after a couple of days, he didn’t have much stuff to bring with him, but I also started to notice Holly who creeped around the house a couple of times. I paid no attention to it, and besides, I had a good reason to break them up. These babies needed their father as much as I did and Parker turned out to be twice the help than I had expected.
   We had our own schedule, Asclepius usually slept until morning, but Apollo seemed to be much more of a night owl. Once we got situated into our new circadian rhythms, life became a little easier, and quieter. Parker would play with Apollo, feed him, and change his diaper; if Asclepius happened to wake up and needed his diaper changed or be fed, then Parker would tend to him as well. I did the same thing and soon, we found it easier to rotate too. Sometimes I would watch after Apollo who awoke in the night, that way Parker could get more sleep, and sometimes he’d watch after Asclepius so I slept sometimes in the day.
   The morning after Parker moved in, Ares’ 2nd birthday finally arrived. I couldn’t believe that my son would start school soon. Ares’ had already gotten too smart for his own good. Parker went out and bought birthday balloons and a cake for the celebration. I bought a little baker’s oven and building block table as birthday presents for my little boy.
   At night, we waited until the twins had gone to bed to celebrate Ares’ birthday. He had gotten so much taller and grown into an intelligent young man. I still had to hold him up slightly so he could reach the birthday cake, and he blew out the candles. He didn’t look like Stiles or me; he had black hair and dark eyes. Stiles had brown hair and brownish eyes, while I had blonde hair with blue highlights and blue eyes. Either way, I loved Ares for who he had grown into; I could tell he had turned out to be quite athletic and brave, even for a child. I handed him his first present, and he guessed what the large box hid inside (a little baker’s oven.)
   “Thanks Mom!” he hugged me.
   “Alright, this one is from me, champ.” Parker pushed another large box into the living room. Ares ripped apart the wrapping paper that revealed a building blocks table.
   “Wow! Thanks Parker!” He beamed up at both of us. I had already explained to Ares that Parker wasn’t his dad, he didn’t sound disappointed when I told him, but he wanted to know where his real father had gone off to; I decided to save the story for a rainy day.

We moved the new toys into Ares’ room where he played with them most of the day. Parker and I returned to the birthday cake on the counter.
   “So listen. I’ve been thinking…” he eyed me.
   “Thinking about what?” I asked taking a bite of the cake.
   “How would you feel if we started dating?”
   I practically choked my cake.
   “Dating?” I strained as my eyes started to water.
   “Yeah...I mean, we’ve gotten caught up, and I know we haven’t been living together for a long time, but I’ve grown close to Ares.” He stared at me.
   “Well, this is true…I guess we can see how it works out.” He reached across the table and kissed me, “But one slip up and you’re out of here.”
   He laughed and we both finished our cake then went to bed.

Ares started his first day of school in the morning, he woke up ecstatic as if it were Christmas day. I fed the twins, changed their diapers while Parker slept, and helped Ares get ready for school.
   “Now you be good, and mind your teachers. Don’t back talk, and always say ‘yes ma’am’, ‘no ma’am’, or ‘no sir’, ‘yes sir’. Okay?” I ordered as I handed him his lunch sack.
   “Yes, ma’am. I will.” He smiled.
   “Good boy. Now hurry up, there’s the school bus. I love you!” I called as he raced out the door.
   “Love you too, Mom!” he called back.
   Parker arrived from the master bedroom, rubbed his eyes and still in his pajamas.
   “Did he make it on the school bus?” he yawned.
   “Yes, I’m not worried about him. He’s so obedient.” One of the twins started crying at that moment, “Don’t worry. I’ve got it.”
   I knew the twins’ birthday would arrive soon and then they could do things, for the most part, for themselves. It would be easier to teach them the necessities of life though, with Parker.

Chapter Eleven: The Birthdays
“Alright, I’m heading out.” Parker walked up to me as I held Apollo in my arms one morning.
   “Where are you going?”
   “To get a job at City Hall; I’m tired of working at that diner. What I really want to do is hold a place in office. I heard City Hall needed a new ballot counter, so I figured it’s just the entry I need to show them I’m the one for the job.”
   “Well, okay, good luck.” I kissed him back. I played my guitar most of the day and occasionally checked on Asclepius and Apollo.
   Parker returned home after a few hours.
   “I’m home!” I saw him place the house bills on the table.
   “Hey, what took you so long?” I rocked Asclepius up and down in my arms.
   “I went to the school afterwards to sign Ares up for scouting.” He tossed his tie into the bedroom, “Oh, and I got the job!” he raised his hands in the air.
   “That’s great, hon! It’ll be nice having a little bit of extra money coming in. Oh, did you keep the balloons from Ares’ birthday? I wanted to reuse them for the twins’ birthdays. Also, sometime during this week, will you head to the market to buy a couple of birthday cakes?” I talked to him as if he were my husband.
   “Um, yeah, they’re in the supply closet. I can head to the market now and get them.” He said paying off the bills as he spoke.
   “Great! Thanks Parker!” I placed Asclepius back in his crib as Ares walked in from school, “Hey Ares! How was your first day of school, sweetie?” The twins’ cribs had been moved into his room to increase space in the living room. He handed me his backpack which I placed at the foot of his bed.
   “We’re taking a field trip tomorrow to the science facility. I need you to sign some papers.” He handed me some stapled pieces of papers, “It was fun! I love my teacher, Mom!” he grabbed some more paper out of his backpack, which I took to be his homework and we both headed into the kitchen.
   “That’s great, baby.” I kissed him on his head as he worked on his homework and I signed the permission slips so he could attend the field trip.
   We contently stayed this way in our small house for a year. Parker went to work in the mornings as Ares went to school and scouting. I stayed home and played my guitar and became a full-time mom, at least until the twins’ birthday arrived.
   There were going to be some toddlers walking and babbling in the house again. Parker had bought two birthday cakes, as promised, and I got out the party balloons. We celebrated on a Saturday, so we wouldn’t have to wait for Ares or Parker to get home from school and work.
   Asclepius went first, and then Apollo, I had to blow out the candles for both of them and we ate birthday cake. Asclepius and Apollo both had blonde hair, the only distinct difference in looks were their eyes: Asclepius had black eyes and Apollo had bluish eyes. I decided to make them wear matching clothes; Asclepius wore an orange shirt with white trim and dark orange pants with white shoes. Apollo wore the same outfit, but the shirt and pants were blue. Those were their favorite colors.
   Soon after we ate birthday cake, Parker and I sprung right into teaching them how to use the potty, how to walk, and how to talk. Asclepius seemed to learn the skills faster than his younger brother, but Apollo had an advantage elsewhere: reading the children books. Even though Asclepius stayed a book ahead, Apollo often times caught up to him and they would rotate books. I started back at work and earned a promotion after a couple of days.
   Everything had been going well. Ares made it on the honor roll and Parker earned a promotion at his new job as well. I continued my guitar skill, which I had gotten close to mastering, and I only needed one more promotion at work before I joined the rock branch of music. The twins had finished half of the children’s books and rarely cried.
   I couldn’t see how life could get any better.

It didn’t though, and one Wednesday, while I stayed home (Wednesdays and Thursdays were the only time during the business week I had off), Parker had left the house to work, or so I thought.
   After a couple of hours I received a phone call.
   “Hello?” I placed my guitar on its stand.
   “Is this the Rocker residence?” the voice on the other line sounded harsh.
   “Yes. You’re speaking to Miss Rocker.”
   “You’re husband didn’t come into work today.” I stared as my boys read their books.
   “He’s not my husband, and what do you mean he’s not at work? He left this morning.” My face started to get hot with anger.
   “I don’t know, ma’am, but tell him if he keeps this up, then he’s fired.”
   “Oh, believe me, I will.” I slammed the phone back on the receiver. I pulled out my cell phone and called him.
   “Hello?” he laughed as if he were drunk.
   “Parker, where are you? Your boss called telling me that you aren’t at work--” then I heard giggling on the other end of the line, “Parker…?” realization hit me.
   “Babe, chill out, I’m just at a friend’s house. I’ll be home in a little bit, don’t worry.”
   Then he hung up.
   My heart had a sinking feeling. I knew exactly where he had gone to and it wasn’t a friend’s house.