Author Topic: Adventure: The Third Relic -- It isn't there!  (Read 18199 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Adventure: The Third Relic -- It isn't there!
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »
I'm in Egypt, supposed to find the Relic of Eternity.  I got to a room that looked like it should be the right place, but the chest didn't have those special effects lines coming out of it, and the relic wasn't in the chest.

So I looked at a walkthrough, and it turns out that IS the right room, and it IS the right chest.  But the Relic of Eternity isn't IN the chest.

Has this happened to anybody else?  And now what do I do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Adventure: The Third Relic -- It isn't there!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »
Did you kill the three mummies in that room ?  Just wondering if they had appeared.  Have you tried logging out, restarting and coming back in?

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »
Did you kill the three mummies in that room ?  Just wondering if they had appeared. 
TWO mummies appeared, and I fried them with the fire traps.  I went in and wandered around, but a third mummy didn't show up.  Do I have to kill three mummies for the relic to be in the chest?

Have you tried logging out, restarting and coming back in?
Yes, I did, and it didn't make any difference.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »
Has anyone else in your household already played this tomb?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »
Has anyone else in your household already played this tomb?
Unfortunately, no.  This sim is still single and has no roommates; she's the only one in the household.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »
When you logged out, did you completely shut down the game?  It also wouldn't hurt to reboot your computer, too.  I'm a bit baffled about why that relic isn't in the chest like it's supposed to be.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 05:19:21 AM »
Use a cheat not to cheat but to check. You should (while in the room, to avoid confusion) type Ctrl+Shift+C and enter [testingcheatsenabled true], then Shift-click on the floor in the room. Select "Buy on this lot" and you'll enter Buy Mode. Then hover your mouse pointer over the chest and one or more magenta lines will appear, indicating links to other objects. If it is linked to all 3 sarcophaguses it means you need all 3 mummies. If linked something else, that is what would trigger the treasure. Just exit Buy Mode again and continue your game knowing where the problem was. Remember to switch off testingcheats if it wasn't on to start with.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »
Select "Buy on this lot" and you'll enter Buy Mode. Then hover your mouse pointer over the chest and one or more magenta lines will appear, indicating links to other objects. If it is linked to all 3 sarcophaguses it means you need all 3 mummies. If linked something else, that is what would trigger the treasure.
Thank you, that was very helpful!

It turns out that defeating the mummies is NOT required for the treasure to be in the box -- there were no magenta lines at all.  I went back and checked each save for several saves, and the treasure was missing in all of them until I got to the saved game from my previous trip to China.  I was exploring this tomb when my vacation time ran out and the game teleported me home, and something about that seems to have been what caused the treasure to disappear. 

I restored from the old saved game and used "Buy on this lot" to move the chest from its usual place to the section of the tomb where my sim was, and the treasure was there.  I had done the entire tomb in the later saved game, and I couldn't face going through the entire thing again, especially since this particular one is the biggest tomb in the entire World Adventures EP.  So I've done the entire tomb, and I've gotten the treasure, just not in the same game. ;)

But thanks to your advice, I'm not stuck anymore, and my sim can go on to have further adventures.  Thank you!

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:36 AM »
My greatest pleasure corylea. We both obviously love the tombs so I'd hate to get stuck. Always willing to aid a fellow adventurer :)
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Chuckles_82

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 05:46:57 AM »
I've had a similar problem with the 'Hacker' adventure. Basically when I get that quest I cancel it from the opportunities tab, and then when I get a phone call for it, or get it via the adventure board, it works properly.

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »
Speaking of which... Where do all these foreigners get my number??? :P

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
Speaking of which... Where do all these foreigners get my number??? :P

Hmm... in the real world ...The Animal Refuge owners (who always call after midnight) sold their customer database to a Indian call centre for a few dollars.  Some hacker at the call centre onsold the database to the rest of the third world call centres for tickets to the next 20-20 cricket match ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
I've had a similar problem with the 'Hacker' adventure. Basically when I get that quest I cancel it from the opportunities tab, and then when I get a phone call for it, or get it via the adventure board, it works properly.
Ah, interesting!  I'll try to remember that.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
I've had a similar thing happen with Pangu's Axe. Fresh neighborhood, no other sims have done the quest, and when I go there, the axe is nowhere to be seen.  Using the "build on this lot" cheat and buydebug is the only way I was able to fix it.

Offline Barbara917

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »
I'm in Egypt, supposed to find the Relic of Eternity.  I got to a room that looked like it should be the right place, but the chest didn't have those special effects lines coming out of it, and the relic wasn't in the chest.

So I looked at a walkthrough, and it turns out that IS the right room, and it IS the right chest.  But the Relic of Eternity isn't IN the chest.

Has this happened to anybody else?  And now what do I do?

Nearly two years later and I have encountered this identical bug. I correctly completed the Adventure but the shining lines were not coming out of the Treasure Chest. I have completed this adventure successfully several times so I know this is a bugged adventure. Particularly so, since I find a thread by another player two years ago reporting the identical problem. The number of mummies and defeating them are irrelevant to to the presence or lack of the treasure. Sometimes I have scorched the mummies, sometimes I have fought them, sometimes I have hurried past them. What is missing is the glowing lines emanating from the treasure box and the treasure.

What I am looking for if some knowing soul by chance stumbles along this reply is a "cheaty" way to complete the adventure so that my sim can proceed. Since my sim has successfully completed the tomb the only thing missing is the treasure to complete the adventure and move on. Is there some mod I can use to put the treasure back so that my sim can collect it? Perhaps is there some feature of MasterController that can let me put the item needed in my sims inventory? Anything?