Author Topic: Centauri Immortal Dynasty  (Read 11566 times)

SimBlip

Centauri Immortal Dynasty
« on: July 31, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
I joined this forum, because I wanted to read stories about the Sims and eventually blog about a Townie Deca-Dynasty. Soon I found myself immersed in reading completed Immortal Dynasty stories. And before long I wanted to have a go at this challenge first. I didn't blog about my game and came to regret it.

Here are the results of my first attempt.

Introduction

I called the family Centauri and this is their stronghold on 15, Summer Crest Hill.

I had never played on this plot before and found the streetlamp across the street annoying at times.

This is an overview of the museum at the rear of the house. It houses paintings and sculptures. I did not bother with photographs of the immortals to be.

I did not bother with ghosts either. The treasure chest in the middle of this room holds the bones of loved ones that passed away. The portraits on the outer walls are of spouses and do not count towards the end score.

This is a picture of the Centauri Immortals. It's dark, because it was taken as soon as I had calculated the value of their museum. Also, their space ship is ready for launch...

From left to right: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Iota, Zeta and Omega.

Omega, the last one to become immortal, ate ambrosia on day 7 of week 60. He was 75 days old.

I paused the game and took the value of the Centauri museum there and then: $1,962,876

Eight Immortals

Alpha Centauri: $185,913

Super Skills: logic, painting, sculpting
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim
Career: Master Of the Brush
Best Friends: Kaylynn Langerak, Darlene Bunch, Cycl0n3 Sword, Justine and Marty Keaton, Hank Wan
Opportunities: Art Class, A Small Painting, A Medium Painting, Interior Decor, Ice Sim, Larger Than A Doorstop
Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Extra Creative, Suave Seller
Property: Centauri Science Facility
Venue: Library

Beta Centauri: $339,540

Super Skills: gardening, fishing
Lifetime Wish: Creature-Robot Cross Breeder
Career: Mad Scientist
Best Friends: Erwin Steen, Marshall McGovern, Gretchen Cyr, Tammi Berry, Timothy Loh, Elvis Keaton
Opportunities: Fix Boiler, A Fishy Science Project, Best Evaporating Dish, Uncommonly Good, Lobster Demand, Outstandingly Rare
Lifetime Rewards: Super green Thumb, Fireproof Homestead, Fertility Treatment
Property: Centauri Hospital
Venue: Art Gallery

Gamma Centauri: $341,341

Super Skill: cooking
Lifetime Wish: Five Star Chef
Career: Five Star Chef
Best Friends: Cody Alicea, Jane Frazier, Rodrigo and Mara Steen, Johnny Pendleton, Gary Colburn
Opportunities: One Two Tri-Tip Steaks, The Dish Showdown, Learn A Recipe, Spying On The Cuisine, A Cooking Fracas, Feast Of The Ages
Lifetime Rewards: Bookshop Bargainer, Haggler, Food Replicator
Property: Centauri Café
Venue: Consignment Store

For one reason rather I never managed to store ambrosia in the food replicator. Is there a trick to it? If so, I very much would like to know.

Delta Centauri: $303,664

Super Skill: Inventing (maxed handiness)
Lifetime Wish: Swimming In Cash
Career: Four Dimensional Architect
Best Friends: Korey Hedrick, Ethan Brinkley, Kelli Peterson, Cornelius Warner, Garth Lee, Jonathan Christian
Opportunities: Pile Of Permission Slips, Master Invention, The Great Invention Convention, Teching Up The Spa, A Task About Time, Bring Back The Jams
Lifetime Rewards: Efficient inventor, Teleportation Pad, Collection Helper

Epsilon Centauri: $297,051

Super Skills: athletics, martial arts
Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Career: International Super Spy
Best Friends: Joy Paine, James Pickens, Darrell and Arnulfo Hedrick, Gayle Pills, Renae Reed
Opportunities: Outside Reading, Jog Everywhere, The Spa Restoration, Push It, Your Friendly Neighbourhood Police Officer, Not Seeing Is, Uh, Believing?
Lifetime Rewards: Jet-Setter, Prepared Traveller, Learned Relic Hunter
Property: Centauri Stadium
Venue: Graveyard

Iota Centauri: $202,308

Super Skills: nectar making (maxed gardening)
Lifetime Wish: Bottomless Nectar Cellar
Career: Power Broker
Best Friends: Noemi and Will Harden, Shannon Heere, Mick Dunning, Lina Powers, Jefferson Drake
Opportunities: Work/School Learning Project, A Stimulating Experiment, A Farewell To Paper, No Whistles Here, Acquisition Deal, Peppers On Parade
Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted, Complimentary Entertainment, Hardly Hungry
Property: Centauri Corporate Towers
Venue: Summer Hill Springs

Just in case you wondered why this challenge took 60 weeks to complete...
Iota was the last one to select a spouse. Unfortunately, he did this too early. So far, spouses had lived up to 97 days max. His dear mama, however, lived for 126 days, and by than, his first bride was no longer able to bear a child. He married for the second time shortly after her demise.

Zeta Centauri: $163,826

Super Skill:  Guitar
Lifetime Wish: Rock Star
Career: Rock Star
Best Friends: Michaela Vigil, Colin Boykin, Steve Woody, Books Ali, Lori Wadsworth, Doris Mata
Opportunities: Research project, Stick Around For the Music, The Set Up, Raise The Fun(d), Tons Of Tips, Sorting The Section
Lifetime Rewards: Eye Candy, Dirt Defiant, Carefree
Property: Centauri Community Theatre
Venue: Le Petit Shark Pool

Omega Centauri: $129,233

Super Skill: Writing
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Career: Blockbuster Writer
Best Friends: Jedediah Starnes, Garett O'Keefe, Aleksey Noe, Marina Hitchcock, Donovan Custer, Tammi Thorpe
Opportunities: Deliver A Book To China, A History Of One, Correcting Past Mistakes, To Boldly Go, Book Donation, Add A Little Drama
Lifetime Rewards: Acclaimed Author, Change Of Taste, Attractive
Property: Centauri Budget Books
Venue: Central Park

Conclusion

I've never completed a challenge before. It's not for lack of patience. Somehow, my game files always became to 'heavy' to support actual game play and I would lose interest. That did not happen this time round. All of this leads to one big question.
"Should I write a proper Immortal Dynasty story now?"

SimBlip

Re: Centauri Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
Well, that's it!
I'm here, yeah, going all OCD over the details of my little summary. Hopefully, I can edit things like fonts, bold and underline to make it to my liking in time.
Does it really matter? Yes, I love my Centauri and regret deeply not writing their story. I'm gearing up for a second Immortal Dynasty. This time, I will tell a documented story... of sorts.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
Congratulations on your completed Dynasty! I admit at first I saw that it was in the Completed Dynasty thread and thought, "Now, how'd you post in here?" Then I read your post and saw that you had indeed finished it! I really like the naming theme, though I wonder how your Immortal thought about being letters!  ;D Looking forward to reading your 2nd Dynasty!

SimBlip

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
Thank you, Audren! I totally understand your scepticism. I thought it would be ok to post in this section. :)
Ah, the naming theme... In my head Alpha Centauri came from his namesake constellation (or is it a galaxy) and I kind of continued from there. I have no idea what they thought of being called after letters from the Greek alphabet. We didn't have a conversation about it, if you see what I mean.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »
Congratz on completing the challenge, i really like the looks of your simmies, and your house and the museum. Thumbs up!
I even think you are the one with the highest museum value right now! And that even though you didnt use photographs.

I really like your post so easy an overlook on the result. If you make another one ill be sure to read it.

SimBlip

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »
Thank you, LenaLJ! It took a little time travel to get anti-gravity suits for my elders. The house is stereotype for all my games. The design facilitates game play. It doesn't look like anything in real life, though.
I'm very pleased with the score, but you musn't forget that it took me 60 weeks to finish, which is far longer than anyone else. All that surplus time added value to the museum pieces. So, in a way, this is not the best score, see?  ;)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:41 AM »
Congrats on completing your dynasty!  Even though it took you longer, you are still one of the few to finish.  That in itself is amazing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »
SimBlip, congratulations! The only info I need from you for your HOF entry is for you to PM me what you liked most about the challenge and what you felt was most difficult. Aside from that, I have all the necessary info already. Great job.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »
Congratulations on completing your dynasty Slimblip I loved the naming theme and look forward to reading your next one.

Welcome to the hall of fame.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »
Thank you, LenaLJ! It took a little time travel to get anti-gravity suits for my elders. The house is stereotype for all my games. The design facilitates game play. It doesn't look like anything in real life, though.
I'm very pleased with the score, but you musn't forget that it took me 60 weeks to finish, which is far longer than anyone else. All that surplus time added value to the museum pieces. So, in a way, this is not the best score, see?  ;)

Its still the top score in a way *grins*
See if i can beat some of those scores a day.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:40:05 AM »
Congratulations SimBlip :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
For one reason rather I never managed to store ambrosia in the food replicator. Is there a trick to it? If so, I very much would like to know.

You have to store the uncompleted dish of Ambrosia in the Food Replicator. Storing the completed dish won't work.

SimBlip

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
Congrats on completing your dynasty!  Even though it took you longer, you are still one of the few to finish.  That in itself is amazing.

Thank you, Simfulicious!
Game play slowed down in the end, but it wasn't as bad as I feared, so I continued. It feels great to actually complete a challenge.

SimBlip, congratulations! The only info I need from you for your HOF entry is for you to PM me what you liked most about the challenge and what you felt was most difficult. Aside from that, I have all the necessary info already. Great job.

Thank you, Metropolis Man, and thank you as well for creating this challenge.
I will PM you as soon as I figure out how to send a PM.  :-[

Congratulations on completing your dynasty Slimblip I loved the naming theme and look forward to reading your next one.

Welcome to the hall of fame.

Rachel

Thank you so much, Rachel!
The prospect of writing a proper story is oddly exciting. It almost feels like going on an adventure.

Its still the top score in a way *grins*
See if i can beat some of those scores a day.

I like your grin and your competitive thinking, LenaLJ. Maybe I should bother with photographs second time round...  :P

Congratulations SimBlip :)

Thank you, amyrose!
I'm so happy right now. It's one thing to achieve something, but sharing it makes it so much better.

You have to store the uncompleted dish of Ambrosia in the Food Replicator. Storing the completed dish won't work.

Audren, you just made my day. Thank you so much for this tip!  :)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
Congratulation on competing your dynasty SimBlip!

When you store ambrosia remember that it needs to be in the bowl stage of the cooking process for it to work.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »
I will PM you as soon as I figure out how to send a PM.  :-[

There is a button near the top of the screen that says, "My Messages." Select it, and choose, "Send a Message."  The rest is hopefully self-explanatory.

anything