Author Topic: New laptop for sims 3 & expansions  (Read 3641 times)

Offline nessiebaaby

• Nooboo
New laptop for sims 3 & expansions
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:08:59 PM »
I'm looking to buy a new laptop, and I ran across a HP laptop w/ an Intel Core i5-5200u processor, 6 gb memory, 1 tb hard drive, the processor speed is 2.2 ghz. Will this laptop run the sims 3 including all expansion packs?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: New laptop for sims 3 & expansions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
We do not recommend this laptop due to the processor isn't made for gaming. Plus it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. We recommend at least a 2.4 or better.

Laptops with U processors aren't made to play games they're more made to do office/homework, watching videos listening to music and other light tasks. Not so much for gaming.

We would be more than happy to help find a laptop for you, please let know what your budget is and what country you live in and we'll try our best to find something within your budget.

Thank you for asking!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline nessiebaaby

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:30:28 PM »
Thank you for that! It actually wasn't even in stock when I went to Walmart to buy it! Any-who, I live in the US, Arkansas to be exact... My budget is not so much really, more like round or less than 400$. I have been searching for a new laptop for so long.. I'm pretty much don't know much about a computer, and whats the best option.. Thanks in advance!

We do not recommend this laptop due to the processor isn't made for gaming. Plus it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. We recommend at least a 2.4 or better.

Laptops with U processors aren't made to play games they're more made to do office/homework, watching videos listening to music and other light tasks. Not so much for gaming.

We would be more than happy to help find a laptop for you, please let know what your budget is and what country you live in and we'll try our best to find something within your budget.

Thank you for asking!! :)

MrsFlynn

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:07 PM »
There isn't much that can be purchased for $400. that will run Sims 3 and all expansions, without having a lot of problems due to having a processor or graphics that isn't powerful enough to run the game.

My best advice is to keep saving up your money. Specially if you want a good laptop that will play sims 3 even on low/med settings.

Here's an  a couple of example laptops:

MSI GP60 LEOPARD-010;9S7-16GH11-010 15.6-Inch Laptop = Price:    $699.99
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP60-LEOPARD-010-9S7-16GH11-010-15-6-Inch/dp/B00IQ4E0ZI

Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5 GHz
8GB Memory
NVIDIA Geforce GT840M
Will run game on low/med settings.

-----

Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 15.6" = Price: $799.99
Full-HD Gaming Laptop (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M) with Windows 10
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ

Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz - Turbo up to 3.2 GHz
8 GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
Will run game on Med/High Settings
** This laptop will run Sims 3, but will end up having to run it constantly on turbo which isn't the best. Play for short periods of time up to 2-hours to prevent overheating of the laptop. As it will get hot. And definitely recommend a cooling mat to help keep it cooler.

However, if you want a desktop. We might be able to find something in the $500 - $600 range. Though most of the desktops in this price range will need a new graphics card if you want med or high settings.

CybertronPC Patriot GM1293D Desktop (Black/Red) Price: $449.99
http://www.amazon.com/CybertronPC-Patriot-GM1293D-Desktop-Black/dp/B00D1KX2M4

AMD A4-5300 ~ 3.40GHz
8GB Memory
Radeon HD 7480D
- Low/Medium settings
The video card can be upgraded at a later date.

Suggested video card:
GeForce GTX 750Ti = Price: $124.41
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00IDG3IDO

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline nessiebaaby

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 05:08:25 AM »
Thank you! & of course it did help! What difference does it make on the different settings from low to high? I don't know much about that, I just buy the games & play. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
Low settings gives minimal/low video quality and may not play games all that well. High settings give higher video quality and overall smoother game play. And medium is somewhere in the middle. :)

MrsFlynn

Offline nessiebaaby

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »
okay, thanks. Can I get that desktop you suggested and any type of computer screen to go along w/ it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
Yes, you can. Here's a suggested monitor, just in case you didn't have one in mind. :)

HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor = Price: $99.99
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-21-5-Inch-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B015WCV70W

* With this monitor it is highly recommended to get an HDMI cable. So the monitor will work when hooked up to the desktop.
HDMI Cable = Price: $5.02
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Supports/dp/B003L1ZYYM

MrsFlynn

Offline nessiebaaby

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
Okay, i took what you said in consideration, and i kept searching for one. i ran across this one: would this run sims 3 & expansions good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-gray/7500349.p?id=1219679623926&skuId=7500349

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »
Good spotting the laptop. It will run the game okay. As it's got above recommended processor and memory, however the video card is rated low. So that would mean low settings. And there isn't away to upgrade graphics in any laptop.

MrsFlynn

anything