Author Topic: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Goodbyes Hurt [Finished]  (Read 18351 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
A Summer In Sunset Valley-Goodbyes Hurt [Finished]
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
I know, summer break has been going on for a while. But it's never to late for summer! This is a short story, with an idea came to my head. It will only last roughly a week. I hope you enjoy! :)

"I love you." My mother said, smiling as she hugged me and my sister, Eliza. "Now girls, be on your best behavior while at your Grandmothers. Call me every night, remember sun screen at the beach and pool. Don't stay out too late at night. Be careful and alert. And have fun!" She pulls us into a group hug and my father joins us.
   "Here are your bags, have a safe trip. Call me when you land." My dad wipes away a tear and hands us our two roller boards. We wave as we walk into the Airport.
   "I'm going to miss Mommy and Daddy." Eliza sniffles. "Me too, but we'll have fun. Come on, lets go to security." I grab her hand so I don't lose my nine year old sister in the crowd of clueless vacationers, who have never been o Bridgeport. We wait in line for security, which takes forever! Finally, once through security, I realize we have ten minutes to get to our gate. Which is at the other end of people.
   "Get on my back," Eliza nods and climbs on. I grab the two suit cases by the top handles and run through the over capacity limit airport. We reach the gate at last call, and the lady apologetically smiles at us. I lay back in my seat, and ELiza jumps up and down in hers. My parents payed for first class, kind of a apology for not being able to go with us. I close my eyes, and Eliza shakes me awake, "Lucy! Can I have a soda?" I shake my head, "You ca have juice or ginger ale." She nods, and when the lady with the cart comes by she ask for a Ginger Ale. "And you, Miss?" The lady pleasantly asks. "Water, please." She hands me a bottle, and I gulp it down greedily. "Try and get some sleep, E. Remember, it's earlier where Grandma is." "Okay." She lays her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. I fall back asleep.
   "We will begin our decent." The speakers boom. "E, wake up." She wakes up and yawns. "Look!" She cries and points out the window. The sky is picture, perfect blue. Not a cloud in the sky. The plane begins to land, and Eliza starts jumping up and down again.
   The plane lands, and a nice older gentleman helps me get our bags from the overhead storage. "Hold my hand." I instruct Eliza. She nods and clings to my arm. We walk through the Airport to the exit. The airpot is hardly busy compared to Bridge ports and it's kind of calming. By the doors, my Grandmother, with her warming smile and sweet grandmother looks, stands. In her arms is a small toddler. "Who's this?" Eliza asks, patting the little girls head. "This is Peaches. I'm fostering her this summer." Eliza squeals. She loves nooboo's and toddlers. "Grandma, we have to go get my cat." I remind her. "Of course." She smiles and hugs me and we walk to costumer service.
   'i'm picking my granddaughter's cat up. Lucile Green's cat. The cat's name is Pie." The woman behind the counter nods, and picks up a cage of howling. "Ticket?" She holds the cages as far away from her face as possible. I hand her the ticket from my pocket. She shoves the carrier into my arms. I look between the bars, and the cat quiets. "Shhh, Pie. It's okay.' She meows, showing her approval of no more airplanes. Grandma leads the way to her van and loads every one in. I sit in the front, with the carrier in my lap. Eliza ohs and ahs at Peaches. After the long car ride to the house, I feel sleep behind my eyes.
   "Oh, Lucile, I forgot to tell you. I adopted a dog!' i stare at her in disbelief. Three reasons why this isn't the best summer,
1. A toddler, crying at all hours of the day.
2. No friends.
3. Keeping my insane cat who hates dogs away from grandma's new dog.
This is going to be a very long summer.

Hope you liked the intro. Feel free tell me what you think!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
I should be able to have an update this afternoon, with pictures and more of an introduction to the character.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Miriam

• Llama Wrangler
  • my icon is Nolan Summers, he's grown up now tho :)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »
Good start. :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:20:29 PM »
Good start. :)
Thanks! Just want to say, I want to update tonight, but my computer needs charge. So I might just update tommorow. Sorry to keep you waiting :)

Offline Miriam

• Llama Wrangler
  • my icon is Nolan Summers, he's grown up now tho :)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
It's okay, take your time.  :D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »
It's okay, take your time.  :D
Thanks, just wanted o also say that video of the cat freaking out in your signature is kinda funny!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
I always like your stories and I am happy to see you writing another one!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »
I always like your stories and I am happy to see you writing another one!
Thanks! This one will be a lot of fun, since I'm in a summery mood! ;D

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A Summer In Sunset Valley
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »
I'm looking forward to more of this one!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to more of this one!
Thanks, I'm uploading the pictures now, so update to come soon!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
   "Here." I hand Eliza her suitcase and grab mine from the trunk. Pie howls in her cage, louder and louder. Since I left her in the front of the car. "Pie! Stop, I'm going to let you out in a minute." She mews, but stops howling. Peaches giggles as Eliza bounces her up and down on her hip, so Grandma can unlock the door. She throws the door open, and moves away so we can pass through.
   I carry Pie and my heavy suitcase up two flights of stair, which was hard. I push the old toy box in the way so Pie can't get out before I open her cage. She prances out, and stretches. Clearly happy to be free. I reach down to rub her head, and she purrs. "I know you want me to brush your hair, but I've got to unpack." I open my suitcase on the bed and Pie sits behind it and stares at me. Unpacking took a long time, it's already four when I finish. I pick Pie up, and rub her head. She closes her eyes and purrs in content.

"Your a good Kitty, don't worry Pie, we will make it through the summer." "Lucy!" Eliza calls, from the bottom of the stairs. "Dinner!" "Kay, coming!" I call back. I put Pie down and pour her some Cat food, she likes tuna, but mom packed a bag of cat food and said I could buy tuna, which means going to the grocery store tomorrow. I jump over the toy box and go down to dinner.
   Grandma and Eliza talk about the school year, and Peaches helps. Exhaustion sweeps over me, "CAn I be excused?" I ask my grandma politely. She nods. I place my plate in the sink before running up the stairs.
   Later, after my shower, I check on Eliza. I find her on the bean bag chair, with Grandma's new dog, Missy. She scratches Missy's head, looks like she's half asleep.

Missy is nice, but not when Pie is around. Earlier, Pie almost took Missy out. "Good night, Eliza." I say, shutting the door. "G-night." She says, not looking up.
   THen I look in Peaches room. Grandma sits in the rocking chair, with Peaches on her lap.

"Well, little Peaches. Don't think of Lucile as a mean person. She's very nice, she was just tired. She's also a bit shy, which is why she didn't talk. Trust me, she will warm up to you soon. And you'll find you love her, very, very much." I feel warmed by my grandmother's words, and feel bad for not talking to them. But Grandma seems to understand. I shut the door quietly behind me,, and go up the stairs. I climb over the toy box, and Pie prances over to meet me. I lift her up, and she licks my face. "Good night, Pie." She meow her good night, place her at the end of the bed. Where she curls up into a little ball. I fall asleep, moments later.

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to tell me what you think.
If you read this up in till the first picture, everything below that is new. I hit post instead of preview, so sorry!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
I like Pie's face when Lucy was petting her. Great update!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
I like Pie's face when Lucy was petting her. Great update!
Thank you! Pie looks so happy in the picture!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
   "Stop moving, Eliza! I need to put sunscreen on your face!" Grandma wants to take us to the beach, so, like I promised my mom, I have to put sunscreen on Eliza. "NO! I don't want sunscreen." She moves away from me. "Why?" I ask, pouring sunscreen into my hand. "Because I don't want to be a ghost!" She wails. "You aren't going to be a ghost!" I sigh, nine year olds can be so difficult. "Uh, huh! That sunscreen is going to turn me into a ghost! I don't want any of it on me!" She cries, stepping farther away from the sunscreen. "If you don't use any of it you'll turn into a hotdog! Because you'll be red and then when Grandma puts lotion on you, you'll like like a hotdog with mayo!" I tell her. "No!" She screeches. "I don't want to be a hotdog! Because then you, Grandma and Missy are going to eat me for dinner." "That's right, Hotdog. Don't forget Pie" I say, messing with her. "Grandma! Lucy called me a hotdog!" Grandma appears in the room in seconds. I seriously think she chooses when she wants to move fast or not, depending on the situation.
   "Lucile! Did you call your sister a hotdog?" Grandma asks me sharply, half rubbed in sunscreen on her forehead. I nod, "Yes, yes, I did. She doesn't want sunscreen, so I said without she'd become a hotdog." Grandma shakes her head. "And she said you were all going to eat me for dinner!" Eliza cries, hugging Grandma's side. "Seriously? Eat her?" I nod. "Yeah, she suggested it." "Come one, Eliza. Lets go put on my super special sunscreen. It doesn't turn you into a ghost or a hotdog!" Grandma says cheerfully. Eliza cheers, and follows her out of the room. Like I would actually eat my sister, she would be more like a snack! I'm kidding. :D
   I pick Peaches up from her high chair and carry her to the car. Eliza grumbles as she climbs into the back of the car, she hates that she still needs a booster seat and can't sit in the front.

Grandma has a few rules when she drives. No talking, no distracting, and no questions. Probably because she needs to keep her eyes on the road. At the beach, ELiza ran into the water. And immediately ran out, "Frr-Eee-Zing!" She said. And she built sandcastles.

We spent the day, and stayed in till late, Grandma was going to make hotdogs. But then thought better of it, because Eliza was still sore on the subject. So she got a pizza delivered, instead.
   After dinner, Eliza made friends with some of the other kids who were there. And I sat on the towel next to Peaches.

I told her about my friends in Bridgeport and my life there. And how I missed hearing the the cars at night. But there was something special about Sunset Valley, something I couldn't really comprehend. She nodded, her green eyes reflecting the light of the moon. And giggled, finding something hilarious.
   And my Grandmother, sat. Watching over everything.

Hope you liked the update, and feel free to comment!

sims4ever

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
it is funny that Eliza think of a bicycle in the car, it looks like she doesn't trust her Gran's driving.
This update make me think of seasons and how different a day at the beach can turn out once you have it installed.
Lovely story. ;)

anything