Author Topic: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Goodbyes Hurt [Finished]  (Read 18350 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
it is funny that Eliza think of a bicycle in the car, it looks like she doesn't trust her Gran's driving.
This update make me think of seasons and how different a day at the beach can turn out once you have it installed.
Lovely story. ;)
Thank you! I really want seasons, I'm saving up for it already :)
I thought it was just kind of perfect that Eliza decided to think about the bike when her grandma got driving, too!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:52 PM »
Helmet Hair
   "Go get some groceries!" Grandma yells from the kitchen. Peaches is crying her head off, for no none reason to us, and it's out grandma in a very bad mood. "What do you want?" I asks, as sweetly as I can. She pushes a sticky note into my hand, and shushes Peaches. Peaches just whines louder, and kicks her little feet. "Why don't you try feeding her?" I yell to be heard over the screaming. "I tried, she won't eat!" Grandma lets out a frustrated sigh. I grab the bottle of the kitchen counter and ease Peaches into my arms.
   She starts to cry, so I bounce her up and down a bit. She grips my shoulder tightly and giggles. Grandma pouts and leaves the room. Now angry because I was able to quiet Peaches and she wasn't, not that she would admit it. I pick up the bottle and hold't near her mouth. She drinks greedily, she yawns and curls up in my arms. I carefully carry her upstairs, and place her in her crib. I pull the sheet up to her chin, and pat her head. She smiles before drifting off to sleep.
   I shut the door behind me, and slip my shoes on at the door. Eliza comes down the stairs, rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Gud Mornin." "Good morning Eliza. I'm going grocery shopping, Grandma is on fire." She giggles and nods. "I heard, that's why I waited to come down." "You sly dog." I give her a quick hug before wheeling my bike down the steps.
   I make sure that the note is in my pocket before strapping my helmet on and swinging my leg over the the bike post. I push off and cruise down the street, pedaling faster and faster, till it's all a blur. I take the long route, through the neighbor hood and down the side streets. I ride down to the road by the beach, and pedal hard up the hill. Cruising into the grocery store parking lot, I remember I left my phone on the bedside table. I just hope that Eliza doesn't need me. I lock the bike to a tree and strap my helmet to the handle bars. [Does anyone else think it's kinda weird that helmets aren't required on the bike? They have a choice for kids hair with a helmet, but what kid wants to always wear a helmet?! -Sadie] BAck in Bridgeport, I had to lock my bike and the helmet, but here just the bike would do.
   I rub my sore thumbs as I walk towards the grocery store. And I see this guy.

His reddish hair reflects the light of the sun. He smiles at me, "Hello." He says cheerfully. "Hi!" I squeak, my shy trait coming out at the worst time. "So, whatcha doing here?" I ask lamely. "Grocery shopping for my mom." He says. "Oh, cool. I . . . uh . . . so am I." Nice save Lucy.

"My grandma wanted me to get stuff for dinner." His eyes twinkle. "My mom is planning a party, she needs some food to test run with me and my sister." I nod. "I have a little sister, her names Eliza." "My sister's name is Quinn, she's nine." I smile. "So is mine." "If you don't mind me asking, who is your Grandma?" "Winnie Green." I say. "Ms.Green? SHe's nice, treats all the kids like her grandkids. She talks about you guys a lot." I blush. "Yeah, she's proud." He nods. "Well, I won't keep you from grocery shopping. Very fun." I nod and laugh. We say good bye and I watch her walk down the street to his car and drive off. I wanted to scream that I don't care about grocery shopping and rather talk to him. THen I realize two things.
   One, I didn't ask for his name. And two, I still had helmet hair. I touch the sweaty hair sticking to my forehead and frown. Helmet hair, eww!

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to tell me what you think. Sorry it was short, the next one will be longer. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A Summer In Sunset Valley
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »
Very nice story. But...who is he? LOL. I'm so impatient :)

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
Nice and interesting story. Of course, i'll be reading this one from now on  ;)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
Very nice story. But...who is he? LOL. I'm so impatient :)
Ah, who is he. You will know in the next update!
Nice and interesting story. Of course, i'll be reading this one from now on  ;)
Aw, thanks!
Okay, so I just got town life. And, now my Pets expansion pack isn't showing up. Anything that came with the expansion pack isn't there, but the pets are. I'm kinda confused. So I might have to do a reinstall, so depending on that, is when the next update will be.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
Problem fixed! I went on today and everything was back, including pets. SO, it may have just been user error ::)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
LOL...I am a frequent victim of user error myself. :P

Glad to know it's fixed--and I can't wait to see an update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
This is a sweet story! :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
LOL...I am a frequent victim of user error myself. :P

Glad to know it's fixed--and I can't wait to see an update!
I was almost done playing for the update, when my computer crashed :-\ So I'm loading the game now and should have an update soon!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
The Outline Of Perfection
   I run my fingers through my hair so I doesn't stick,I really should have done that sooner, I trudge into the grocery store and down the elise. At check out, I pay the lady and grab all the bags. THe wind lifts away the hair on my face the minute I step outside. The door closes with a woosh behind me. "Hey!" I high pitched voice calls from behind me. I turn around to face what was behind me. "Yeah, yeah, you." I focus in on a girl who looks about my age. She steps over to me. She looks like a model, tall in her heels with a light touch of make up to her face. "I''m Tracey, but call me Trace. And you are?" "I'm . . I'm . . Lu-lucy." I stammer, surprised by how friendly she is. Tracey smiles, "Shy? No worries, I'll make up for it. I'm very talkative. Anyway, I couldn't help but noticed you were talking to his guy. Did you get his name?" I blush, "N-no. I didn't" I look at my shoes. Boring compared to hers. "His name is Felix. No worries, his charm stuns many." She fans out her hands, and I can't help but noticed that everyone of her nails are filed and painted dark red. They all look perfect. And Felix, now I know is name!
   "Thanks, you know, for his name." "No worries, come on gal, if your going to impress him you need a makeover." Tracey smiles wider, showing perfect, white teeth. I hold up the grocery bags. "Sorry, but I have to get this back to my house." She shrugs. "No worries, go drop them off and I'll wait here. When you come back we'll go shopping!" She squeals. I sigh, "Okay, give me twenty minutes."
   I unchain my bike and ride to the house. Walking in, I realize how quiet it is. No one is home. I drop the grocery bags on the counter, when I notice a little note.
   Lucile,
   I took Eliza and Peaches to the beach and I'm going to take them to dinner afterwards. If you want to join us, meet us at five thirty at the dinner. But I understand if you want to hang out with your friends. Just be home by eleven.
      Love,
    Grandma

Perfect, now I have no excuse to not go. I walk back to Tracey and she smiles when I come close. "i already hailed a cab." She says cheerfully. We climb into the yellow cab and Tracey tells the Taxi Driver the direction. The car starts up and zooms down the streets. It pulls up in front of a little store. "Come on, girlfriend, we are going shopping." She hands the man his money and drags me out of the car. Two horrific hours later, I have all new clothes. SHe whistles. "You look amazing."

I pull at the hem of the dress and nod. I wobble of the platform in the heels that Tracey insisted that I get. SHe hands the cashier a credit card before i can protest. "Trace, no. i can't let you pay." "Nonsense, Lucy! My parents won't care, trust me." I take the bag guilty in my hands. "Come on, we are going to show you off." She takes my arm by the elbow and pulls me down the sidewalk. "Where are we going?" I ask, stumbling in the heels. "You'll see soon enough." She pulls me through the doors of a building, and I realize what it is. The karaoke hangout, "No," I say pulling back. "Nu huh, You are coming in." She pulls me into the crowd and straight to the karaoke sign up. The noise surrounds me and threatens to swallow me. "Lucy and Trace. Call Me Right Now." She tells the lady. The lady nods and types it into the computer. She brings me over to a table and we take a seat and wait out turn.
   "Lucy and Trace singing Call me right now!" Announces the DJ. I have butterflies in my stomach as we walk up. The music starts and they only get worse.

"I clicked a wish in the well, don't ask me I'll never know. I looked to you as I fell, and now I'm having blocking issues. I trade my genie for a wish, simolens for a couch. I wasn't looking for this, and now it's in my queue. [...] Hey, I just meet you. And this is sims, so here's my traits. Call me right now. It's hard to not look at you, simmie. So here's my number call me right now! [...]!"

We danced to the beat, and sang out hearts out. And I realize, I wasn't shy at all. And I had fun.
   The rest of the night was so much fun, we eat nachos and snag a bunch of songs. And best of all, I wasn't shy at all. Eventually, we decided to leave. We got two cabs and hugged good bye. "Bye, Luc!" Tracey yelled getting into her car. "Bye, Trace!" I yell, getting into mine. It zooms home. "Good night, Miss." The driver says. "You as well, I hand them the money and shut the door. I walk up to the house and turn the knob. But it won't open. I push harder and it still won't open. I pound harder against it, but it still won't open. I check my pocket for my phone and find it empty. "No!" My phone is upstairs. I step back, and all the lights are off. Strange, usually at least one light is on. I pound harder and harder, and jam the doorbell. Still silence, then I see a small light flicker on in the upstairs window. And it turns off. Leaving me on the steps, in the dark. BEcause they forgot to turn on the porch light. At least I know his name, Felix.

Hope you liked the update and feel free to comment!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
This is a sweet story! :)
I originally didn't see your comment, thanks!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Outline Of Perfection
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
All Luck
   I ache from sitting on the floor so long. There's an imprint from the planks on my legs, and my head pounds. It's the worst night to be outside, in this sticky heat. It's scary quiet, because it's so late at night. I should have taken that class to learn to read the stars. But who would have thought that eight years later I would actually need it. I stretch my legs out, wiggle my sore fingers. Sooner or later, someone is going to open the door. I really hope it's sooner.
   There's a high pitched scream, it cuts through the musty night air. The pitch is so high, it could only come from a nine year old. And the only nine year old who should be in the house is Eliza. "ELiza!" I cry, throwing myself against the door. Something is wrong, something has to be wrong. A wail fills the night air, filling me up with panic.
   I hit the doorbell and the noise vibrates through the house. I kick the door, and it doesn't do anything, thanks to the heels. I pound the doors with my fist, harder and harder. Desperately hitting the door now. "Eliza! Open the door!" I yell. There's heavy steps down the stairs. The door flies open with a startling bang. Eliza stares at me, wide eyed. Her face so pale, it looks almost white.
   "Lucy," She breathes. "It's Peaches." I push past her, and she slams the door shut. I fly up the stairs, sliding back and forth on the dew on the heels.

The house is dark, so dark I can barely see where I'm walking. I slide as I accidentally step on a blanket thrown on the floor. I stumble into the room, and freeze at the sight.
   Peaches lays on the floor. Her face is bright red, like a tomato. She screams and cries at a deafening volume. "ELIZA! GO GET THE PHONE!" I scream. She nods and runs down the stairs. I kneel next to Peaches and stroke her hair gently. "Shhh, it's going to be okay." Eliza runs into the room and throws the phone at me. I grab the phone, and hit the numbers. The phone rings, and I will it to pick up.
   "Hello?" The sleepy voice on the other ends answers. "Hello, Doctor Landagrab?!" I yell into the phone.
Dr.L:What's wrong?
Me:Peaches, she fell and now I don't know what to do!
Dr.L: Calm down. Now, who are you and where are you?
Me:LUCY GREEN! THE BIG BLUE HOUSE NEXT TO AGNEAS'S HOUSE! COME QUICK, PEACHES IS SCREAMING AND . . AND.
I burst into tears.
Dr.L: Okay, Lucy. I'll be right there.
He ends the call. "Eliza, go and wait for him." She nods and runs down the stairs. I whisper soothing words into her ear, and her wailing becomes crying.
There's the noise of a car, and I stand up to see a fancy car pull up. Doctor Landagrab comes out of the car, with his bag in his hands. He runs up the path and Eliza lets him in. "The Doctor's here!" Eliza yells.

Their footsteps up the stairs sound like thunder. Doctor Landagrab runs into the room, and pulls out a portable X'ray thingy from his bag. He kneels down next to her, and I step away and wrap my arms around Eliza. "She's going to be okay." I whisper. She nods, and stares wide eyed at Peaches. Doctor Landagrab runs test and gives Peaches medicine. Eventually, she stops crying. he gently lift her up. And smiles. "She's fine, you were very lucky. She could have been badly hurt. But she's fine, she was only crying because she was scared. Now, Lucy, give her a teaspoon of this twice a day." He hands me a little pink bottle. I nod, "Kay, thank you." He nods and hands Peaches to me. "Where is your grandmother?" I shake my head. "I don't know." "She went looking for Lucy." Eliza pipes up. Dr.L nods. "I'll call her and tell her what happened and that Lucy's home." He leaves the room, dialing the number.
   "Why did Grandma come looking for me?" I ask Eliza. "Because you were out after curfew. And she was worried." I give her a questioning look. "I wasn't out after curfew." She nods slowly. "You were, it was eleven thirty when she left. And she left me here with Peaches. I was trying to put her to bed, when . . when she arched her back and fell." "Eliza, go to sleep. I'll stay with Peaches." She nods and leaves the room as Dr.L comes in. "Your grandmother is on the way. I'm leaving now." I nod, "Good night, and thank you." "Your welcome." He leaves and shuts the door behind him.
   I gently bounce Peaches and she yawns. I carefully lay her down in the crib, and kiss her forehead. "Good night, Peaches, sleep tight."

Light seeps on through the windows, and exhaustion hits me full force. The room tilts, and I put my hand to my forehead. "Lucy! Where are you?" Grandma's voice booms from downstairs. "I'm here." I say feebly. She stomps up the stairs and I feel her anger as she glares at me through the door way.
   "Where were you?!" She yells. "I was out with my friend. I wasn't out after curfew." "Yes you were! It was eleven thirty and you still weren't home!" The room tilts more and starts to spin. Maybe I was out after curfew, I had no idea what time it was. "I'm . . I'm sorry. I lost track of time." "Pft. And since when do you dress like a Stepford Wife?!" She says, looking at my clothes for the first time. "i don't look like a Stepford Wife! And if you don't like this," I say doing a twirl. "Wait till you see the rest of my clothes." She glares at me, then looks down at my shoes. "And since when do you wear heels?" "Since earlier this afternoon." I smirk. She scowls. "Where is all this attitude coming from?" "No where, I already owned it." "Lucile! You will not talk to me like that, nor will you have that sassy attitude!" "It's Lucy, not Lucile!" I yell. "No, it's Lucile. You are named after me, and it is time you start acting like the young lady you will be!" I frown. "You can't mold me! I can be who I want to be! I don't want to be the prim and proper little angel you were and want me to be!" She takes a deep breath. "You are grounded till you become the young lady I am molding you to become." "You can't do that!" "Yes, yes I can. And I already have. I don't care how long it takes." She leaves the room with a flourish. I'm really hating her right now.
   The room dances in front of me and my knees go weak. I stumble to the door, and fall.

I pick myself up, balancing heavily on the book shelf. And begin the painful process of pulling myself up the stairs. I crawl to my bed, and pull myself up. and fall into a restless sleep.

Hope you liked the update and please tell me what you think :D
I think I am going to extend this story. Originally it was going to be a week, but I got new ideas and want to included them.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Outline Of Perfection & All Luck
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
Ooh, interesting happenings. Poor little Peaches. And poor Lucy, I hope that grandma gets off of her back. :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
Ooh, interesting happenings. Poor little Peaches. And poor Lucy, I hope that grandma gets off of her back. :)
Lots of action and playing, too!  I'll try to have an update tomorrow or even later today!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
I'm glad Peaches is ok. Even though her Grandmother is being a bit of a pain it looks like Lucy is still having a fun summer.

anything