Author Topic: Supernatural Offspring  (Read 66982 times)

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
Supernatural Offspring
« on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
Has anyone had the luck to produce supernatural babies yet?

There were questions about it on the official forum which were answered by a staff member with this:

4.   Can supernatural Sims have babies? If so, what will it be?
Your supernatural Sims are certainly able to create children! Whether it’s a relationship between two of the same supernatural Sims, two differing supernatural Sims or a supernatural Sim and an ordinary Sim, they will be able to start a family and have a baby. The genetic system in The Sims 3 Supernatural works the same way as in The Sims 3 base game. The offspring of two of the same supernatural Sims will have a very high chance of inheriting the looks and traits of that supernatural type. The offspring of two differing supernatural Sims will have a chance of taking on the looks and abilities from one side of the family. The same goes for the offspring of supernatural Sims and ordinary Sims. The offspring will either have the looks and traits of the supernatural parent or of the ordinary parent.

...but when I had my wizard procreate with his fairy wife, all three of their babies were born human. Do we know if all babies are born human and then grow into their powers, or was I just unlucky? :P

Discuss supernatural kids here!

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:39 AM »
I believe that you start to see traits at the toddler and child stages, but they definitely don't come into their powers until at least teen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »
I assumed that but when I edit the toddler in CaS it doesn't even have a witch or fairy identity, all three children were categorized as humans. :( do they all begin as humans and then the identity changes, or did I just get stuck with human kids by chance?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
That sounds a little odd. My fairy/witch couple had twins, one fairy and one witch. As infants, you can tell their supernatural status by the border around their portraits in the relationship panel. (Also, fairy infants sparkle ;) )

Do you, by chance, use mods? Out of date mods can cause all kinds of havoc.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:06 AM »
As regards fairy babies - do all their life stages last five times as long? That is, do you have a baby crying at you for two weeks instead of three days?

(Incidentally I saw a human townie with a toddler fairy at the elixir consignment store. Adorable!)

Offline Ztoast

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:25 AM »
Do the kids show up in the relationship panel as human (no colored boarder)? That's the only other way of identifying supernaturals I can think of at the mo'.  In the game lessons I believe it said that witches don't get their magic untill their teenage years. I don't know about fairies.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:04 AM »
Fairy toddlers will have wings and can go in the fairy house, and will sometimes hover in the air.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
As regards fairy babies - do all their life stages last five times as long? That is, do you have a baby crying at you for two weeks instead of three days?

Extended lifespan for those supernaturals that get it doesn't start till the YA stage, so no worries there. ;)

I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

As I understand it (not that I've looked at the code, mind you) there's a 50% chance for each parent's lifestate to pass on, so two parents with the same lifestate would have a child that matches theirs, while two different parents (say, witch and fairy) will always have occult children, but they'll be either a witch or a fairy. You shouldn't get non-occult children from two occult parents.

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »

As I understand it (not that I've looked at the code, mind you) there's a 50% chance for each parent's lifestate to pass on, so two parents with the same lifestate would have a child that matches theirs, while two different parents (say, witch and fairy) will always have occult children, but they'll be either a witch or a fairy. You shouldn't get non-occult children from two occult parents.

Which is why I'm so perplexed. They had three children through try for baby and they were all born humans, no glowy-color-around-the-portrait or anything. All of my mods are patched and updated for 1.38 (I only use Twallan's mods and a pregnancy shortener) and I even cleared out my cache so I don't know why they can't produce a supernatural baby o_x

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Have you tried it without the mods?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
Is it possible that they are all witches and they are just not old enough yet for their powers to appear?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
Have you tried it without the mods?

I'm going to take out my entire Mods folder to check but that's honestly my last resort. I'm asking around Simblr to see if anyone with mods has had the same problem first, though.

Is it possible that they are all witches and they are just not old enough yet for their powers to appear?

But they don't have the gold ring around their portraits. Their supernatural type in CaS comes up as "Human." Which brings me back to my original question: will their "identity" turn into Witches as they age or did I really have three human kids?

I can't believe this is even an issue lol ugh. I just want adorable fairy or witch kids.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
I'm going to take out my entire Mods folder to check but that's honestly my last resort. I'm asking around Simblr to see if anyone with mods has had the same problem first, though.

But they don't have the gold ring around their portraits. Their supernatural type in CaS comes up as "Human." Which brings me back to my original question: will their "identity" turn into Witches as they age or did I really have three human kids?

I can't believe this is even an issue lol ugh. I just want adorable fairy or witch kids.

Fairy kids show their wings at toddler stage but for witches it could be child or teen stage before you see anything from them.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
Fairy kids show their wings at toddler stage but for witches it could be child or teen stage before you see anything from them.

That I understand, but would they still show up as humans in the portrait panel? Even if they don't show their powers until a certain life stage, why would the children be born categorized as humans and not a witch or a fairy?

Because these three kids were born human and what I'm trying to figure out is this: are all babies born human and then turn, or are they supposed to be born as the occult type and show the ring around the portrait from the minute they're born?