Author Topic: Magic store items and Supernatural?  (Read 13620 times)

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
Magic store items and Supernatural?
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
Hiya,
I was wondering if anyone knows if the magic items from the store (crystal ball, cauldron, magic book etc) have any new functions in supernatural?

I swear I read somewhere that they did, but I can't for the life of me find it

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Re: Magic store items and Supernatural?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
The crystal ball, spellbook, and the cauldron, help you level your hidden magic skill. With the cauldron, it's possible to conjure exlir ingredients with it as well. If you have the Voodoo Doll, you can turn a Sim into a zombie and cure them.   
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:01 PM »
Great thanks!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »
Nice, Guess I'll have to wipe the dust off of my old magical items. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
What are the enhancements for the magic store stuff?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »
I can't do anything different then before. My Voodoo Doll still has the same interactions with it.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
Re: What are the enhancements for the magic store stuff?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
Hello Simmers!

I’m here to tell you about how the The Sims 3 Supernatural is going to enhance existing magic items that are available on The Sims 3 Store! These items will not be included in Supernatural, but if you’ve purchased them from the Store, you’ll get the benefits of these special effects:

Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically. 

There is a lot more news to come, so stay tuned. As always, keep asking your SimGurus questions on the forums.

Thanks,
SimGuruSarah
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/19/12 10:42 PM

This is what the enhancements are supposed to be but this was back in June so I do not know if anything has changed or not. I have all of the mentioned magic items but I have not experimented with them yet.  :D

Regards,
Sarah

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
See I knew the Voodoo Doll was suppose to turn Sims into zombies and turn them back. I can't turn them, only transform them if they are a werewolf.
We are of peace, always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »
I wonder if they changed that for some reason? Either that or perhaps your Sim has to be a certain spell casting level for the interactions to show up. I am not going to have time to try this out tonight but I should be able to tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Regards,
Sarah

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
I wonder if they changed that for some reason? Either that or perhaps your Sim has to be a certain spell casting level for the interactions to show up. I am not going to have time to try this out tonight but I should be able to tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Regards,
Sarah
OK thank you.
We are of peace, always.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
Okay, this is weird. Started a new Moonlight Falls game made two female Sims, both human. Moved them in bought a Voodoo Doll and had one sim bind it to the other Sim, used the curse interaction and target Sim was cursed and turned into a zombie. 

So far so good, the target Sim had the Voodo Curse and Zombiefied moodlets both with two day durations. The curse worked as it should apparently.  However, when I tried to use the Bless interaction it was immediately dropped and the Sim wondered off to do something else leaving the poor zombiefied Sim watching television.  None of the other interactions would work either, all we're immediately dropped from the cue. I am completely baffled  :o

What I will do is try the interactions again the next Sim day, then the next to see if somehow there is some kind of cooldown before Bless, etc. can be used.

Sorry I do not have an answer yet, but hopefully I will soon.  :)

Regards,
Sarah

Edit:  Day 1 after curse: Bless still immediately dropped no matter what time of day. Day 2 after curse: Bless is again immediately dropped no matter what time of day and once the time has expired on the Voodoo Curse, Zombiefied moodlets the bound Sim turned back to a regular Sim again so that was no good. Turned target back into a zombie at once, tried Bless, Sim immediately dropped the action.

Edit:Full Moon: Made no difference. Sim was not able to Bless with the Voodoo Doll.

Edit:Had Sim bind the Voodoo Doll to another to see if the zombiefied Sim could be Blessed by a different Sim. No such luck. Was able to select a the target Sim but Bind was immediately dropped.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »
Still not having any luck getting Bless to work on a zombie. There is a full moon coming up so I will see if that has any effect. Edited my post above to show what happened each time and will do so after the full moon experiment. If that does not work I am going to try the same process again with a witch and see if there is any difference.

After you bind the Voodoo Doll to a Sim, are you able to curse that Sim so that they become a zombie? If so are you able to use the Bless interaction? I should have asked that before. Sorry about that.  :-[

Regards,
Sarah

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »
Still not having any luck getting Bless to work on a zombie. There is a full moon coming up so I will see if that has any effect. Edited my post above to show what happened each time and will do so after the full moon experiment. If that does not work I am going to try the same process again with a witch and see if there is any difference.

After you bind the Voodoo Doll to a Sim, are you able to curse that Sim so that they become a zombie? If so are you able to use the Bless interaction? I should have asked that before. Sorry about that.  :-[

Regards,
Sarah
OK it works, I can't use bless after I curse them, but cursing them turns them into a zombie.
We are of peace, always.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
My guess is that Bless probably will not work even with the full moon but I am going to try it anyway. It might be that you can only Bless another zombie, just not the one you cursed in the first place. I will try that and let you know, if you would like me to of course.  :)

Regards,
Sarah

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
There were two threads on the Magic Store items and Supernatural so I have merged them together.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Thanks for merging the threads samoht04.  :) Edited post with experiment results. Not having much luck at all with the Bless interaction. I am going to see if it might work on a Sim zombiefied by an elixir.

Regards,
Sarah