Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 51298 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Alchemy
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
You only select the type of potion, you don't actually try to  mix a potion.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
Pity they didn't elaborate on the cauldron, so you could mix potions after finding all the others in alchemy. Mixologists can create new drinks, why can't a witch use her cauldron to create different potions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
Now I know why two gems and at least on bug (moonstone and bloodstone and the light beetle) have shown up in my yard.  I did the buydebug to see if there were any spawners and yep, there they were.  I had put out some spawners of butterflies and one lizard, you can't have flowers without butterflies or rock without lizards, so they are for looks, not usage.  But now I don't feel bad about the gems and bug in my yard that I didn't put out.

When my sim was doing some alchemy, it stated something about how she was ready for mixing drinks, not sure what that meant.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »
Janna,
Your Sim can mix elixirs into drinks to be served. I've never done it, I just throw the elixir at the target Sim.

Does anyone have an algorithm for the order to take elixirs in so they don't override? For instance, the Potent Bliss and Potent Invigorating elixirs will cancel each other out but I'd love to have both.

Leto85

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
What an amazing way to enter a forum: with such an impressive list.
Well done Lessica. Very well done indeed and welcome to the forum.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
There seems to be some sims that you can't throw potions at, or at least some potions. My prospective spouse in one game became a stylist and I couldn't throw anything at him! (I wanted to throw a friendship potion).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
There seems to be some sims that you can't throw potions at, or at least some potions. My prospective spouse in one game became a stylist and I couldn't throw anything at him! (I wanted to throw a friendship potion).

I've noticed that I can't throw anything at any of the people who work at registers either. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
I've noticed the same.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 02:10:20 AM »
I'm actually having problems throwing elixirs at anyone who isn't on my home lot. It's making the Alchemist Anonymous challenge...well, challenging.

Also, does anyone else ever run into a situation where you just lose the option to throw elixirs, period?

I wanted to throw a Potent Cure at a zombie in my yard, but I didn't have the option for him (instead, I just used Fire Blast and Ice Blast spells until I was bored). He didn't show up in my target list (and then the target list vanished, as did the option).

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:13 AM »
I haven't that so far but in Egypt when my sim meet a zombie instead of throwing the elixer, which I told her to do, she pulled out the moodlet thing (can't remember right what it is called) and cured him that way.  He was quite happy to be cured. 

I had wanted to try out the elixer, so it was a bummer for me.  Plus I needed the usage for the LTW. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
So doing a resetsim on the alchemist didn't work. I did drag one to another housemate to see if it affected everyone - nope. However, I think it might have been tied to the magic vacuum, 'cause as soon as I removed that, it worked again.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »
I wonder if procreation elixir works on Townies to get them pregnant? I'll have to sling some of them around and see.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
They would still have to actually try for baby and then the elixir would allow them to have multiples.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
Has anyone used the clone drone potion.  I was wondering if you can control the cloned sim or does the sim do everything your other sim does?  I know the clone isn't added to household but when I used it at the elixir shop the clone didn't come home with me.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 04:39:23 PM »
All the Clone Drone seems to do is create a almost perfect copy of your Sim to live in the neighborhood.   I cloned my main Sim Artie three times and all of them had one trait that was different and none of them did what he did.