Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261433 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 28: Aged to perfection
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
The individual personality of all your characters really comes through. I really like this story.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 28: Aged to perfection
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:21 AM »
The individual personality of all your characters really comes through.

Thank you Rachel, that means a lot.

I feel that I post maybe to often? compared to most people here. But I just want to let the characters speak, and they need space to get heard.

Also, this is a great way for me to remind myself of what happened during my game. I wanted to be more focused than usual when trying this challenge. I usually play a lot on gamespeed3, so now my sims get to be more versatile in their interests, since I have more time for them. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 29: Young love
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »
The next morning Agnes got her first indication to as to what had been going on with those two last night. She later told me, that it wasn't that she was unhappy about it, she it just made her realize she was getting older. But then we booth settled in for a gossip session about the possibility of future nooboos, and we felt even closer then before.

The young ones were oblivious to anything other than themselves.

She didn't find Rikards flirty face disturbing (even though I totally would).

I was now 3/4 done with my fourth masterpiece Dealing with your friends dying and the end seemed in sight. It was slow going though, and I often wondered if I would have been better of just sticking to romance novels. I bet I could have finished four of them in the time it had taken me to get this far on this masterpiece.

While I was slaving away Chris had a construction crew come in and build a pond next to the pool.

He then stocked it with all three kinds of fish. Agnes was very excited, and mumbled something about one less thing to worry about. What is she talking about? As far as I am concerned there is only one thing to worry about - and that is to max the writing career. Everything hinges on me getting that done.

When evening came I posed for my elder statue. I'm proud of getting this far. I only wish I had time to enjoy it more.

That night Rikard and Selma snuck out after bedtime to go watch the stars.

Rikard *thinking* Should I ask her? What if she says no? I'll ask her tomorrow. But then someone else might ask her? Ok, here it goes.

Rikard: So, I was thinking that maybe, you know, you'd want to go with me to prom?
Selma *thinking* He asked me?! O My Good. He finally asked me. We could get matching outfits and everything - oh wait, maybe I shouldn't say that. Best to not seem too enthusiastic? But how should I answer?
Rikard: Uh, Selma - are you listening?
Selma: Yes, I'll go with you to prom. * squealing inside* We can, you know, hang out and stuff.

Rikard: So this is what the parents are always up to, huh?
Selma: Yep, not really much exciting going on is there?
Rikard: Wanna go inside and watch some more action TV?
Selma: You know I'm always up for some action TV.

Later I caught them cuddling on the sofa. When I asked what they were doing, they quickly moved apart and said "watching TV" in unison. Yeah, right! I might be an elder, but no one is old enough to buy that.

Lately Emelie has been practicing her painting. Agnes has very generously allowed to use her living room easel, in return for her vigilance on the paparazzi watch. Lately she has had more troublesome noises from sofa the than the street.

Emelie: Hey stop it you guys. Ew, get a room!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 30: Chris joins our ranks
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
We held a small family celebration when Chris joined Agnes and me in elderhood. (The kids actully had to organize the party since Agnes was working on my elder portrait and I was busy in my study. No one dared leave the details in VJ's hands).

After the sparkels Chris had a somewhat sober enable on. Flashy, but hardly well suited for a fisherman like him.

He went back to his green duds once again. The kids got him a special present, fancy slippers with pointy ends.

Three elders in the house made me long for the days when I was young and pretty. Fortunately I had just the cure for that. When I had that photo session for my adult exhibit I had Sylvester take 2 different photos of me. One is in the museum - and the other one in my bathroom. Now every time I feel bad about my age I just go look at it (pretending it's a mirror not a photograph) and I feel better.

As for my fourth masterpiece. I'm so, so close. I can almost taste the victory.

I stay up all night working, I don't even care I get black circles around my eyes as I race for the finnishline.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 31: Prom night
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
VJ's tireless determination finally payed off, and in time for the girls (and Rikards) first formal too.

Here they are waiting for the limo to show up.

Traveling in style.

Walking in to prom.

Emelie: It's ok, you can hold hands now, the parents are back at the house.

My sweet Emelie had a rough time. She got in a fight, was rejected for a dance and saw someone wearing the same outfit. She also ended up with a romantic interest. But she tells me she expects someone spiking the punch, because she'd never seen him before.

Selma had as blast at prom - as seen by the expression on her prom picture.

She and Rikard got prom king and queen, and decided to go steady.

The next day I realized something strange. It seems Selma had a growth spurt over night, making her half a head taller than Rikard.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 32: When the teens are away
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »
So, I bet you are wondering how we all spend out time while waiting for the masterpiece to finally come together?

Well, Chris and Agnes usually read together. Chris is going through recipe books, and Agnes are on her second rotation of my works.

VJ finds other ways to occupy his mind.

Chris and Agnes also spend some "quality" time together.

Once Chris learnt the recipe for ambrosia he decided to retire.

We also made sure the museum exhibits were completed. I put an extra photo in mine to remind me of the one thing that has stood by my side all through this generations fight against the goals - my computer, and trusty friend deserves to be immortalized.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 33: Helping hands
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »
The tension has been rising in the house. Every day I fail to max the writing career Agnes furrows her forehead even more. She is still holding on to life, says she wants to see me reach my goals even if she has to live till she's over a hundred. And she might just get her wish.

Of course, sometimes wanting to help and actually helping are two different things.

VJ: How hard can it be, I mean, why don't you just scribble some words and send it in early? As long as it seems to be I doubt anyone will read the whole thing anyway.

Klara: No one understands the pressure I'm under! Now leave me alone to finish this book in peace!

Selma: So dad, how did you say the talk with mom went?
VJ: If she talks to me ever again I'd be surprised.
Emelie: Oh, but that's horrible. We've got to do something!
Selma: I know what I'll do. I'll just leave her alone so that she can write her book like she asked.

Emelie decided she'd help doing the things she did best, making potions.

VJ was as always willing to try a different track. Without success I might add.

VJ: Listen, I don't care about ethics and crap like that. How much is it going to take to get my wife at the top of the writer career? What do you mean City Hall doesn't controll that. I'm never voting for you again!

Sylvester: So, anyone want to watch the game?
Selma: Keep you voice down, we agreed to no loud noises. Let's just watch the Halls of History for now.

Then suddenly (2,384 pager later?).

Just 5,000 more to go.

Thank you watcher! At 80 days old I had finally maxed the writing career.

Sylvester: So, do you want to...
Klara: Sh, just let me watch Romantic Rendevous in peace and quiet for now.
Everyone: Ok.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 34: Bring on the parties!
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
Bright and early the next day the house was busy setting up for my celebratory bash. We even acquired a karaoke machine.

Klara: Welcome to my I got a promotion party !. Please stay all night and be my friend by the time you are leaving.
Sofia: OK, strange lady. I'll think about it.

As more guests started arriving it was time to break out the nectar. It had been stored in the basement since the early days when Chris frequented the Consignment Store. I felt now was the perfect time to drink it.

The Karaoke machine was a hit. Agnes and Rikard did a great duet.

Emelie certainly approved.

I worked the floor like a seasoned politician, catching up with old acquaintances like River McIrish and Lisa Bunch.

Sylvester and Rikards cousin Mortimer tried to sing a few songs.

Emelie was less than impressed.

By the end of the night I didn't have any new best friends, but I had a couple of good ones, and I figured that was a good start. I really wanted to reach immortality keeping Agnes as one of my best friends, since she had stood beside me since the beginning.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 35: A little convincing
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2012, 05:25:49 AM »
This morning I walked in the kitchen - and this was the first thing I saw. I quickly backed out again (they were so cute I couldn't break them up. Besides, now when I'm almost ready to hand over the reins to this dynasty thoughts of the future are always on my mind. Selma will have to produce an heir herself one day - and me and Agnes are really hoping we will be grandmothers of the same child). All I can say is, that at the rate this thing is going, I'm very happy their birthdays are coming up soon.

I had more important business than snooping on my daughter anyway. I needed to gain 5 more best friends, I could of course have counted VJ or the girls as my best friends, but I wanted to prove to myself that I was good for more than just writing about friendship you know? I don't mind not being a socialite, but honestly - with the prospect of me living forever, I would have to learn to make new friends, since my old once would start dying. (Morbid, you are my second name this morning).

I decided to call up the five most likely suspects from yesterdays party. All of the conversations were along these lines:

Klara: Hey, so thank you for coming to my party yesterday. I hope you had a great time.
Potential best friend: Yes, thank you! I had a blast.
Klara: If you would consider becoming my best friend I can promise you more parties just as awsome.

Klara: You'd always be welcome to the house to hang out as well.

Klara: If you're hungry we always cook with the freshest produce. Oh, if you like gardening I bet my husband can give you a tour of the garden.

Klara: And don't worry about having to clean up after yourself if you're here till late, we have a maid servide for that.

Klara: Well, enough of this trash talk. Are you in or out?

Mirja Alvi: In.
River McIrish: In.
Tori Kimura: In.
Lisa Bunch: In.
Arlo Bunch: In.
Klara: Thank you kindly. *click*

Agnes: So, all set?
Klara: All set, now where's your husband.
Agnes: I think he went to the graveyard. Said he'd see you tomorrow.
Klara: All right. Wanna watch some Romantic Rendevouz?
Agnes: I'm with you girlfriend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 36: Who want's to live forever?
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »
Me! Me! I want to live forever! (I'm so psyched I did it! I managed to complete all requirements, and today I would get my just reward.)

I was up bright and early. Unfortunately Chris was not. He hadn't gotten home until the early morning hours, so I whiled away the time playing some HumanInteraction on my MultiTab. It was so much fun, I hadn't let myself simply enjoy muself in what felt like forever. If this was what immortality will be like, I think I'll like it!

Eventually Chris dragged himself out of bed and began preparing my ambrosia (food of the Gods you know).

It took a really loooong time. I kept myself busy checking the sinks, and the stove. Thankfully, ever since fireproofing the house nothing bad had happened. But I was ever vigilant.

I was eager to partake of this supposedly magical dish.

The first bite was - not what I expected. I thought it would be heavely good, or horrible (I've heard rumors it 's supposed to be awful) but in reality it was kind of, well, bland.

Kind of disappointed I started to stand when a strange light started to rise from the empty plate...

...soon I was surounded by sparkels and I thought "Not good! I can't die now, I've just eaten ambrosia!" But once the sparkles dissipated I felt invigorated, stronger and at peace. I would live forever! Only one thing marred my excitement - I would also be forever old.

To celebrate this momentous day I went down to City Hall to donate 100 copies of my first masterpiece The First Immortal. I felt it was a fitting gesture.

So all in all I can say I had a pretty good day. How was yours?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
The First Immortal
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2012, 06:20:58 AM »

Name: Klara Aurora Alvi

LTW: Professional Author

Career: Self-employed author

MaxSkill: Writing

Building: Divisaro Budget Books
Property: Stoney Falls

LTRs:
1. Acclaimed Author
2. Fireproof Homestead
3. Young Again Potion

Best Friends:
1. Agnes Crumplebottom
2. Mirja Alvi
3. River McIrish
4.Tori Kimura
5. Lisa Bunch
6. Arlo Bunch

Opportunities:
1. It's a living
2. Rising writer
3. Correcting past mistakes
4. Add a little drama
5. A history of one
6. The great novelist

Portraits/museum exhibit:

Young Adult

Adult

Elder

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - The First Immortal
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Congrats on the 1st immortal!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
Congratulations on your first immortal. One down just seven more to go.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »
Congrats!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Yay Klara!
I think you've taken a fabulous approach to this challenge and I can't wait for the next seven generations.
I assume Selma will be taking over with the story telling?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything