Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261421 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 43: Mourning
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
They say people deal with grief in different ways. That was true for our house as well.

Dad and Rikard spent their time in the garden, or out gathering seeds. Rikard claims backbreaking work helps him keep his mind off what happened.

Sylvester and Emelie took refuge in their art. Creating beauty out of the darkness.

Mom once again retreated to her study, where she began work on her fifth masterpiece Death came and took her. Me, I just wanted to unleash my anger through violence. I'm happy there was no one for me to spar with, I don't know if I would have hurt someone. Instead I focused all my anger on the boardbreaker.

We were all grieving, but uncle Chris was the one we were worried about. After Agnes passed and he had that talk with Grim he seemed changed. I refused to do anything that he usually did. He wouldn't cook or talk to us. He just wanted to sit in the rocking chair during the days, and fish by the pond at night. He also started to become absentminded and talking madness to people all around. We suppose it's possible that he's gone a bit insane.

If I don't figure out how to pull this family together soon I fear we're going to fail this dynasty after all.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 43: Mourning
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
You can do it, Selma! It's what Agnes would have wanted  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »
No, you won't fail, Selma! You are far too feisty to let that happen.
I like the emotion you show behind that disciplined front. I like your writing too. :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
Fantastic dynasty - excellent writing, really interesting and original characters and YAY lots of updates! Totally bookmarking this!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 44: New day, new jobs, new start
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2012, 08:59:56 AM »
Last time you heard from me (or should I say us?) we were all feeling kind of down. Mom is still not over Agnes death, and we have all come to grips with the fact that uncle Chris will never be the same. But, there is only so much grief and sadness someone with my disposition can take before they snap - or at the very least start telling real bad jokes in order to get some laughs.

After having a pow-wow with Emelie, Rikard and Sylvester we decided what was needed was a new start. Sylvester was already working as a painter, and he urged us to get jobs too.

I decided to head over to the Stadium and join the Llamas. I do admit it was partially done in order to provoke mom. She still considers any form of physical exercise a waste of time and Sim Fu as a deadly activity. Her response to my new career was not a disappointment. She freaked out and spent the rest of the evening talking about how all sports were part of an alien conspiracy to undermine sim culture. It was really nice to have her old crazy self back.

Rikard headed down to City Hall to register as a gardener. It's so cute how he pretends he's not trying to impress dad. Dad just laps it up too. He always talks about "his protegee" when he's on the phone with his friends.

Emelie didn't know what she wanted to do. She ended up just cycling around on one of the bikes we bought in Shang Simla. That was another thing that mom got upset about. Fresh air it's dangerous, you know?

She ended up having a long talk with mom about, well what ever those two talk about, I always try to listen but once they start in on the conspiracy theories I'm bored. I ended up watching TV with the others while they were debating in the kitchen.

Emelie ended up working at the hospital, mom is now all starry eyed talking about how her "good" daughter is going to become a doctor. I would be offended if it weren't for the fact that I doubt that mom realizes she insults me when she says things like that. Also, I'm quite happy not being the good daughter as long as that means I don't have to become a doctor.

The sports career is much more suited for someone of my temperament. Do you know how hard Emelie has to work? She's always stressed out, whereas I just have fun at work and get home with plenty of energy to do other stuff.

When we were off being busy dad was fixing some things around the house. We had brought a few souvenirs back from China and he placed them around the house.

In the livingroom

Brightening up the kitchen counters

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 45: Time to move on
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »
Once we all had jobs to go to, life started to get back on track faster.

Sylvester celebrated his adult birthday (I always forget he's quite a bit older than the rest of us).

It was just him, uncle Chris and dad. Sylvester said it was nice to see uncle Chris smile again.

Sylvester kept his old wardrobe but he changed hairstyles. He now looks way more artistic, and hot. (Don't tell Rikard I thought his brother is hot. He'll kill me. Well, not really but you get what I mean.)

I know I keep saying that uncle Chris is getting better, but better than what? Turns out better than totally loopy, but still completely round the bend. His latest antics include having a perfect angle fish mounted and placed over his bed. He calls it Agnes, and now goes round telling everyone that Agnes is watching over him while he sleeps.

Sylvester and Rikard are embarrassed about his behavior, but I keep telling them there are a lot of other sims that are just as bonkers, besides he mostly lets his crazy out when it's only family around.

Mom and dad do their best to keep him occupied and thinking about other things. Mom has a lot of free time since she became immortal and dad has a lot more since Rikard started to work on his gardening, so they can watch TV with uncle Chris as often as he likes.

He still spends most nights out by the pond and Agnes gravestone fishing. He keeps telling us he is waiting for her to make an apperance, but so far she hasn't shown herself.

This of course means mom and dad spend a lot of time on the couch, alone.

Sylvester has been working on my YA portrait, as well as sculpture. As soon as it's all finished I'll show you.

Other than work there hasn't really been much going on here at home. Except I bought my building, the Stadium. So now I own where I work and can fire my boss if I should wish to do so. That's going to be great when negotiating for a promotion.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 46: All we need is love
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
Something wonderful happened today.

Rikard asked me to meet him out by the pool before work. He gave me flowers. Which was a great surprise, since he hasn't really done anything romantic since he asked me to prom, and I'm not really into all that romance anyway. So, I guess he hasn't had that much incentive to try.

He thanked me for keeping everyone's spirits up after Agnes passing. That meant the world to me, that he understood what I had been trying to do. It's hard for me sometimes, I'm not the most eloquent person (at least not compared to my mother) and I'm not super sensitive either. I prefer dealing with problems through action, not through talking.

I must confess I got a bit mushy, and even cried a little (do not tell mom!), it was just such a relief to have someone tell me they believed in me. Of course, I get that from my dad all the time - but come on. He has to say that, it's his job or something.

Rikard gave me a sweet, sweet kiss, and told me he was going to prove how much he believed in me.

He asked me to marry him. He said that if he was my husband he could stand by my side and support me all the time, and all I had to do was say yes.

I was so happy. I mean, I had practically decided we should marry back when he asked me to prom, but with everything going on lately I had become more and more unsure about what he wanted.

My knees were shaking and a thousand thoughts raced trough my head, I was so focused on searching for the right answer, that I almost missed the look of panic in his eyes. Somehow, knowing he was just as nervous as me helped me to find my words. 

My answer was yes of course, was there ever any doubt? We'll wait till the weekend for the wedding, so that everyone can attend (work schedules are a bit crazy at the moment). Besides, that'll get everyone some time to get in a more festive mood.

[Klara's Note: Finally! I can't believe they waited this long to get engaged. I even had to hint to Rikard about how a few of Selma's new colleagues were giving her the eye. Sure, I know that I waited until I was an adult, but once VJ got my eyes open there really wasn't any point in waiting. Now I only hope that she'll stay home and give me a grandchild. I feel my child rearing skills have improved, I bet I'd actually be able to care for a grandchild - as long as they're not screaming too much. I'd advice them to get only one child though, twins were a lot of work!]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 46: All we need is love
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »
These updates are such a treat! I'm so glad that Selma has got the familly up and running once more.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, when I saw Agnes, the perfect angelfish, mounted and hanging over Chris' bed. It was such a sweet thing to do.
Sylvester is more than just a hottie! It's so good of him, to motivate everyone to take up a job. Trust Selma's choice to have a profound (and positive) effect on her dear mama.
Congratulations, Rikard and Selma, on your engagement!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 47: Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
Engaged one day, and already mom is doing her best to annoy me.

When I told her I didn't think I needed a bachelorette party (since she never had one) she just said that's exactly why I had to. I swear I heard her muttering something sounding like "...what's the point of having kids if you can't torture them?" But I decided to block anything along that train of thought out, mom can be scary enough as it is, without worrying about whether or not she does things just to torture me.

So, we went to a party at some warehouse.

They made me wear fancy dress. The dress was to short, too tight and a bright annoying white. But I think I totally rocked the hat.

A lot of people I used to go to school with, worked with or just came to a lot of mom's parties were there. Sandi French welcomed me with a bottle of fizzy nectar.

Then the party dancers showed up and introduced themselves as Ray Gunn and Jack Hammer. I looked around for the culprit (I didn't hire them - I didn't ask for them - you get where I'm going with this?).

Mom just smiled and said "Thank me later". Emelie and I exchanged looks and I think this was the first time we felt some of that twin telepathy sims are always talking about. Let's just say we were debating if we should run out of there or not. This was around the time we realized mom had swilled about three bottles of fizzy nectar, I guess all those bubbles really got to her head.

And then the chanting began.

Until you've had all of your acquaintances (including your co-workers, most of who are your mom's age) chant hysterically for you to do  some kind of dance show with lightly dressed party dancers at your bachelorette party - you really haven't lived.

What was mom doing? Egging everyone on.

So I gave up my resistance and joined the dancing. I'm actually pretty good at dancing since it was one of my and Rikards favorite pastimes when we were teens.

But no good thing lasts forever, and you can't have a sim party without a visit from Grim.

He came for my "new" old boss Leighton Sekemoto. Since I'd only known him for 3 days I wan't exactly devastated. (Although, all the nectar we had consumed could have something to do with is. A sugar rush is heady stuff, you know?).

After Grim lefts the party started up again. The party dancers decided to stick around and mom had downed so many bottles of fizzy nectar that she didn't feel a thing when she banged her head and neck right through a chair. I'm mostly impressed by the chair taking that kind of abuse, mom - I know she's that tough.

We partied till late, and I got closely acquainted with the "Hammer".

Tomorrow dad is taking Rikard out on a bachelor party. I hope he has as good a time as me (but no dancing with the party dancers!)What? I'm a hypocrite - so sue me!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 47: Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Grim must be attracted to parties. I guess bachelorette parties are no exception.

I love these last couple of updates. I'm really warming up to Selma's character, and I can't wait to see what the bachelor party for
Rikard looks like. :D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 47: Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »
My Sims have never had a Bachelorette party but they sure look a lot of fun. I've noticed in other people's stories that the dancers always seem to have puns for names...
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 48: The guys night out
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »
The next morning me, Emelie and mom were all tired. What can I say, it was a looong night.

Chris and Sylvester pushed Rikard into a taxi around noon, they had the whole day planned. (I've seen all the pictures and thankfully nothing untoward happened. If it had, I would have held Sylvester responsible.)

The party was held at the beach, perfect since Rikard loves the outdoors. Sylvester kicked it all off with some fizzy nectar.

There was dancing, drink mixing and old friends. Cari was of course invited, as well as their cousin Mortimer. The party dancers showed up around dinner time.

I didn't get their names, I think Chris murmured something about a Cherry Pie.

Apparently he was quite taken with her, but his dancing did not impress her much. I'm glad I'm not the only one with an embarrassing parent. Maybe this means he is starting to be able to move on after Agnes death?

Dad enjoyed himself spraying nectar on uncle Mirja.

Dad says he and uncle Chris had a great time sharing stories about the early days.

As sunset came closer the party was still going strong.

The party was a success, Grim didn't make an appearance and it ended...

...with a bang!

At home we were shaking it. We even taught mom the smustle.

Agnes finally made her appearance, but uncle Chris was nowhere in sight.

Dad got home a bit earlier than the others, just in time to see Agnes pay us a visit.

And relax in the rocking chair.

By the time the others came home, around four in the morning, Agnes had already gone back inside her grave.

Tomorrow is my wedding day, I can hardly wait.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 48: The guys night out
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
The parties looked like a lot of fun. Klara and Christopher were both hilarious.
It's almost as if Agnes gave her blessing too. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 48: The guys night out
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
Updates are coming.

I've just had so much fun playing I''ve focused on doing that for a while. And then I started rebuilding (well, I'll let you guess how many hours I spent doing that). But don't worry. You will be able to read about the wedding soon.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 49: Wedding Bells
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »
Our wedding day had been eagerly anticipated, not only by us, but by mom too. And I guess aunt Agnes (but lets keep to the happy thoughts today - ok?)

Mom had rented a photo booth, and we decided to take some pictures while the rest of the family got our present ready.

They redid Agnes and Chris old room for us. Uncle Chris doesn't want to stay there anymore, and it'll be nice to have a place for just the two of us. The room is very Shang Simla meets Champs les Sims boudior, perfect in my mind.

What's even more perfect is Sylvester's wedding gift. A personalized photo shoot out by the pond. The pictures make sure this will be a day to remember - forever.

Finally the guests arrived and Cari was one of the first as usual.

With a stamped of sims running around it was a bit hectic before we got started.

But the ceremony was everything I had ever dreamed of. And let me get right out here and tell you all, I have been dreaming about this since before we were teenagers. I'm so happy this day came to pass like I planned (and mom questions my ability to focus on a goal?)

I wasn't the only one to tear up. Actually people were wailing so loud I barely heard Rikard's vows, but since we helped each other write them, it really didn't matter.

And what a kiss - though I heard mom and dad kept theirs going waaay to long. We made sure to keep it short and sweet.

Before I cut the cake I gave a toast:

Thank you for being here with us today.
Rikard and I are so happy you could come and
join us in celebrating the new life we are starting.
We want you all to enjoy yourself tonight,
there is nectar for everyone and desserts
galore if the cake doesn't do it for you.
Let's all raise our glasses to my new
husband, who, despite knowing how crazy
life in this house is, still want's to spend the rest
of his days here with me.
To Rikard!

I know I've said it time and time again, I don't really have a way with words. But I do have a bestselling writer for a mother. (She made sure to critique me on my performance afterwards).

Weddings seem to be a time for traditions to take root. Just like I had worn my moms wedding dress, Sam Sekemoto took it upon him to step into Connor Frio's shoes, and stood cheering at the wedding arch long after everyone else had finished their cake and moved on to the dancing.