Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261397 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 67: Clueless
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
Do you know? I really think that Selma is a much nicer and more understanding mother than Klara ever was.

Yes she is, even though her parenting style creates such big problems for Cia. Klara was never very comfortable being a mother, as you might have guessed, she never autonomously did anything with her girls, but as a grandmother she has been a lot more interested right from the start.

I suspect Donell has the flirty trait, or he is really in to Cia. She? Who knows?

I really have been trying to let my sims do more things autonomously, I'm usually a lot more controlling, but have been having so much fun with letting them run amok (and trying to use all the traits I don't normally try out).

And I absolutely love Cia, she's the most fun I've had with a sim in ages. She always wanted to stay out after curfew, but never got arrested, unlike my teenage sims usually do. I didn't know the rebellious trait was that powerful.

Thank you for commenting so often, it's nice to know someone is interested in reading.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 67: Clueless
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
I have been reading I promise! I love this story and your writing! I was gone for a couple days and have been really busy so I don't really get time to comment.
And I love Cia!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 68: Birthdays
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 05:01:16 AM »
As my birthday came closer and closer I realized I wouldn't be able to complete my requirements before becoming an elder. Having faced that, I was able to relax and enjoy the coming weekend and all the celebrations a lot better.

Our latest maid is wearing a beekeepers helmet to work, he says it's because someone is going around throwing flasks of angry bees at sims, so he has to be prepared. Mom approves of his attitude (and she is always highly suspicious of the maids, maybe she's mellowing?) 

My darling Rikard became an elder.

Sylvester was happy for his brother, but he couldn't quite hide his heartbreak from Cari passing on.

Here's Rikard's new wardrobe choices, formal is the same as before, so it's not included.

He went straight from the cake to the pond, he's so much like his father sometimes.

That night I managed to rise to level 9 of my career. I celebrated by bringing my boss, and best friend, Sandra home from work. We had a nice relaxing chat, and she even gave me an additional raise.

Before I went to bed I checked in on my little girl. Tomorrow she becomes a YA, I can't believe she's growing up this fast! Also, she has developed the skill to sleep with her eyes open. That was kind of disturbing.

Bright and early the next morning we had a birthday bash. It wasn't just my little girl turning into a YA, me and Emelie are becoming Elders as well.

We decided to go with a younger crowd for this party, Cia invited some of her friends.

She was just as unhappy about that hairstyle now, as when she was turning into a teenager. She quite liked the length though, so she's keeping that. This is her new look. She gained the brooder trait. I hope that doesn't make her even moodier.

Her wardrobe, there is a lot of blue as always.

Then it was my turn. I refuse to wear the same shirt as my mother!

Emelie's turn.

I got my regular hairstyle and color back, have to look young so that the competition doesn't loose it's respect for me. I also managed to get something different than mom's shirt to wear. (Thank Good!)

Emelie immediately wanted to retire, and proceeded to do so.

I missed most of my celebration since I had a game to go to. The guest dropped off as well, and the rest of the family was left cleaning up the mess.

It didn't take very long. We're pros at this point. And yeah, I won the game. A nice birthday present to myself, and one step closer to becoming a Sports Legend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 69: Drama at City Hall
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2012, 05:32:36 AM »
Today my baby is graduating. She looks so smart all dressed up for the ceremony.

I made sure to ride in the same cab as her down to City Hall, I can still not wrap my head around the fact that my daughter is a YA now.

Cia and I weren't at odds for once. "Come on old people" she said before heading in to the main hall. I looked around and realized she was right, we were all old now. I hope she finds someone special soon, it can't be fun living up on the hill with only us elders for company.

It was a good thing Sylvester had decided to join us at City Hall, because as soon as we stepped out after the ceremony the sparkles came for him. I would have hated for him to go all alone up at the house.

Now, because of graduation, all of his children were there to see him off. 

Rikard was devastated to loose his big brother, but I think Wanda took it the hardest, fainting right there in front of City Hall.

The family tradition of doing something together after graduation was given a pass this time, since no one was in any form of cheerful mood.

Before all that drama Agnes Cecilia had managed to graduate with honor and be voted most popular.

She decided to celebrate by starting on her way to becoming a rock star (I do not approve, this time I'm not just saying that, I really think it might prove to difficult for her to do, and I'g hate for her to set herself up for failure. But as she's a YA now, I will focus my nagging on her getting married and giving me grand babies).

The moment she signed up for her new career, someone called and questioned her guitar skills. She was challenged to make 1,000 simoleons in tips, and she got right to work.

Later that afternoon Racheal showed up at our house. She was crying and I did my best to comfort her. She said being at our house made her feel closer to her father.

When Cia came home from the theater she asked Racheal if she wanted to move in with us. We had room, and she really wanted to be there for her friend. Racheal wasn't getting along so well with her brother since he's taken up witchcraft and Wanda was already planning to move out with her boyfriend, so she was happy to accept.

Her favorite color is purple. She looks a lot like her mother and has green grey eyes.

This was also the night I was made a Sports Legend. (Need new outfit for work).

The next day was spent completing museum pieces. My elder museum exhibit.

Cia's YA museum exhibit.

Now there's only one thing left to do.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 70: Testing my LTR
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2012, 05:40:56 AM »
How does this thing work anyway? Just push the button?

Everyone has made themselves scares, so I can go through this ritual by myself.

All I need to do to achieve immortality is to take that first bite, it's kind of mind boggling really.

Well, the taste wasn't really up to par with what mom usually makes, but it's not terrible. Oh, wait what is that feeling? Ah, I feel younger.

With my new death flower in my pocket we all head down to Central Park for a celebratory BBQ.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
The Second Immortal
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2012, 06:06:43 AM »

Name: Selma Aurora Crumplebottom

LTW: Martial Arts Master

Career: Professional Sports

MaxSkill: Martial Arts

Building: Llama Memorial Stadium
Property: Summer Hill Springs

LTRs:
1. Collection Helper
2. Food Replicator
3. Jetsetter

Best Friends:
1. Chiquita Flemming
2. Vicki Romano
3. Garth Carlson
4. Faye Holley
5. Sandra Craft
6. Julian Jacobson

Opportunities:
1. The Spa Restoration
2. Agent training
3. Need training
4. The health Seminar
5. Bounce the crowd
6. Kicking the Champs

Portraits/museum exhibits:

Toddler

Child

Teen

Young Adult

Adult

Elder

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - The Second Immortal
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
R.I.P. Sylvester! It's so nice Rachael moved in. She is a striking Sim.
Cia has lovely eyes. Her Ray-bans were cool, but her eyes are too pretty to be covered up.
Congratulations on your Second Immortal!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »
Congratulations on your second immortal!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
Congratulations on your second Immortal, only 6 more to go!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »
Well done on your second immortal. With that one, you've doubled the number of immortals I've made in all my attempts combined. :) Sad, but true.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number two!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
Whew, I just finished reading the Dynasty so far and I love it!  ;D Congratulations on your second immortal, you're doing so well. I look forward to seeing more of Rachael too, she seems lovely.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2012, 04:45:01 AM »
Thanks for all your kind comments. I'm preparing another update soon

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 71:Brooding
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »
Mom and dad were enjoying themselves a lot more now since mom turned immortal. Watching the stars after mom got of work and spending hours just relaxing together. It was nice to see, but it really drove home the point that it was all up to me now. The continuing dynasty, completing the requirements and bringing in the next heir.

For my second BlackOp The rockiest road to rock all I had to do was read a book, considering the family I was raised in, that wasn't really any trouble.

The manager at our bookstore also called me down to help out with Sorting the section I'm thinking we might have to get them new management, I mean, shouldn't they be able to work on that themselves?

Whenever I got to stressed out from thinking of all the things I had to get done, a lite time with my guitar would always help me relax.

It couldn't stop me from worrying about the requirements though. I just knew I had to find a spouse, but ever since I broke up with Quentin I hadn't really been able to see myself with any man. Grandma was clear about the rules, I had to get married. And the scariest part? Was that I was no longer completely opposed to the idea, I just didn't know how to go about meeting any guys. I mean, guys that didn't turn into friends. I had plenty of friends that were guys, I just didn't think about them that way.

And if I found someone to marry, how could I be sure he wouldn't turn out to be like Quentin once we had tied the knot? Just like I knew I had to get married, I knew divorce wasn't something that would solve anything. Besides, who'd want to live the rest of her life in the same house as her ex-husband?

So time went on, I advanced to level 5 of the Rock Star career and I still hadn't decided what to do. Or how to go about finding myself a husband.

On my free days Grandma always sent me out on errands, and this day was no different. But what awaited me when I got back home, was something new.

Meet Darryl

Mike

Roman

and Jarvis.

Clearly Grandma had been watching to much TV again.

Cia: No, this is not OK!
Klara: What? It worked for the Bachelorette.
Cia: You can't compare my life to that of one of your favorite HumanInteraction spin-off shows!

I was this close to actually banging my guitar in Grandma's head when mom saved me from myself.

Selma: Isn't that Claudio you used to hang out with when you were younger?
Cia: Yeah, looks like him, I thought he was still a teen.
Selma: Why don't you go over there and see what he's been up to, save him from Alice, he look rather uncomfortable.
Klara: She should stay away from that boy, he used to deliver papers just like that Quentin.
Selma: My girl can talk to anyone she want's to.
Klara: You've got to tell her like it is...
Selma: You don't get to decide...

And that was when I decided to leave that disturbing conversation in order to talk to Claudio. He might be workaholic, ambitious and a (*sigh*) vehicle enthusiast, but at least he didn't drive me insane like some others I could mention. He wasn't really witty or funny, but he was comfortable to talk to, and had really nice eyes. I found out he'd become hydrophobic since aging up to a YA, but since I had a tendency to brood, I didn't rally think it was a deal breaker.

So I found myself thinking "why not him?" Sure, I'll not get a great love story like my mother, but when have I ever aspired to be like my mom? Maybe he'd be exactly what I'd need, and maybe, just maybe our friendship could grow into something more.

The next morning I woke up with a new sense of purpose and called Claudio. We met up at the beach and I gave him a shower-in-a-can as a gift. We spent a lot of time talking about the future, his hopes and dreams of becoming Leader of the Free World and mine of Rock Stardom.

As he was driving me home, I made my decision. I'd ask him to marry me, and see what he thought.

Cia: I know you said you didn't have anyone special in your life, maybe I could be your special someone?

Cia: So, what do you say? Partners?
Claudio: All right, let's get married.
Cia: That's just ... wonderful.

I felt both relieved and scared. I only hope I was doing the right thing.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 71: Brooding
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
What an interesting line-up of men. It must have been quite daunting. And most people seem to be in their swimmies too!
Wow, yes! Claudio... I remember Cia upsetting Quentin by flirting with him.
The gift of a shower-in-a-can cracked me up. I hope she wasn't trying to tell him something.
Yay! Engagement! :)