Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261395 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 71: Brooding
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »
No, she was just being thoughtful, him being hydrophobic and all.

Klara thought a pool party was a great way to meet a potential husband.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 72: Bachelorette yet
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
Keeping with family tradtition (though how it can be called tradition when it's only happened once before beats me) mom threw me a bachelorette Party up at Stoney Falls. Actually, Grandma insisted we go there since it was "her" property. My only comfort as we were speeding away in the taxi was the fact that Racheal was with me, and that I would be able to sneak of early, I had work after all.

The party included all the regular features.

Fizzy nectar.

My mother embarrassing me by dressing as if this was a funeral.

A hearfelt albeit somewhat lengthy and rambling toast form someone I love.

My mother upping the ante on the embarrassment scale, by switching into even less appropriate clothes.

Party dancers with punny names and scanty clothes.

As soon as the clock turned three, I was out of there. Work had never seemed as sweet. Tomorrow was soon enough to face the music, the wedding music.

The wedding party had an ominous beginning. Since Grim had stayed away from the Bachelorette party the night before, he decided to make an appearance just as we were on out way to the wedding arch - and my future husband ended up "abandoning" me at the altar.

It was mom's old friend Garth Carlson Grim had come for.

Grim's appearance killed the mood, and we decided to postpone the wedding.

Claudio: Look, don't take this the wrong way, but can we get married another day?
Cia: Are you having secon thoughts?
Claudio: No, no... Why would you think that? It's just, you know, seeing someone die just makes you think, right?
Cia: Sure... it does. So, this weekend?
Claudio: Agreed! Partners?
Cia: Partners.

So, we'll get married this weekend. It's no big deal, really. I mean, lots of women have been "left at the altar" without them freaking out about it. Why would I?

Besides Claudio and me are... partners, friends, we'll be fine.

Really.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 72: Bachelorette yet
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
Aw! Claudio didn't really leave her at the altar... he just got terribly upset about witnessing a death?
Looking forward to the wedding - take 2! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 73: Second thoughts
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
Cia: Not this again!
Klara: What? You were supposed to be married already, now we have to have a second wedding, so I decided I should get some more fun out of it.
Cia: Call the party off!
Klara: Look guests, now smile!

Cia: Where, I don't see...
Klara: I got you sucker!

They got me all right. This time the party was at our house, and there were new party dancers. Racheal was in her element, the traitor! She'd promised me no more bachelorette parties!

Cia: Donell, thank good! It's so good to see a familiar face!
Donell: I wanted to talk to you, are you OK?
Cia: Yeah, sure what do you mean?
Donell: Well, you were supposed to already be married by now... and you're having another bachelorette party.
Cia: Well, the last part wasn't really my idea, and I thought I would be married too. I almost wonder if it was a sign, you know?
Donell: A sign?
Cia: About getting married. I don't know, can you stick around? I would really like to talk to you about this, but I'm running late for work.
Donell: A party, lots of food, drink and ladies to dance with, sure - I'll make the sacrifice.
Cia: Poor you.
Donell: Just hurry back and save me.
Cia: Sure thing. Talk to you later.

While I was at work Racheal got better acquainted with Ray Gunne. He was soon entangled in her net.

And malleable like putty in her hands.

Racheal wasted no time to get what she wanted.

And then she settled down ti wait for the perfect opportunity.

She then proceeded to try out a familiar bed, she's her father's daughter after all.

I was blissfully unaware of what Racheal was doing at the time. I had enough on my mind as it was. I was beginning to have serious doubts about whether or not I should go through with the wedding. Like Claudio had said, seeing someone die did put things in perspective, and did I really want to spend the rest of my life with him, a guy I liked well enough, but no more than that. I'd have one husband, did I really want him to be the one?

Racheal wasn't much help when it came to this, I was going to have to talk it out with my other best friend.

Donell: Good you're back.
Cia: Missed me?
Donell: You have no idea.
Cia: I'm totally freaking out, you've got to help me.
Donell: What do you need?
Cia: Honesty, just give me your honest opinion.
Donell: I can do that.
Cia: Am I crazy rushing in to this marriage?
Donell: It depends...
Cia: Great way to give a honest answer.
Donell: Will you let me finish?
Cia: Sorry.
Donell: My turn to ask a question. Do you love Claudio? Because if you do, then I don't think you're crazy at all. But if you don't, then I think you can do a lot better than mr "I wanna be President".
Cia: I thought you liked Claudio?
Donell: I do, how about you?

That was the rub wasn't it? Did I really want to marry my fiance? And if I didn't, who should I marry?

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 73: Second thoughts
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
Decisions, decisions. I'm really enjoying this story and I hope she chooses the right guy in the end :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »
*Waves a Team-Donell flag*

Edited, I apologize for what this said before, my smart phone has a sick sense of humor.

SimBlip

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2012, 04:39:28 PM »
OMG! This is so Cia!
I liked Donell from the start. I hoped that he was The One a few chapters ago...
This situation, however, makes my heart beat uncomfortably fast. :-[
I'll take a back seat and wait for fireworks of some sort! Doctor's orders! 8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 74: Here comes the groom
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »
My second bachelorette party gave me lots to think about. I thought I knew what I should do, but decided to talk it out with Claudio before I made up my mind.
First he didn't want to come over, said he had a lot of work to do, but eventually he arrived. I looked at him and all I felt was annoyance for him being late.

Cia: Good, you're finally here.
Claudio: So, what's so important? I thought we decided to meet up and hold the wedding this weekend, I can't just get time off from work whenever you feel like talking.
Cia: I didn't know how to say this but you make it so easy.
Claudio: What?
Cia: I don't think we should get married.
Claudio: You're backing out now? We've already sent out new invitations. Everyone we know is coming! How can you do this to me!
Cia: Don't you mean how can I do this to your career? And just a reminder - you were the one backing out at the beach.
Claudio: I thought we were partners, you can't just back out now! We'll fix this somehow, I'm sure that with a bit more time you'll change your mind right back. And...
Cia: Enough!

Cia: I didn't invite you here to have a talk about it, I've tried talking about it with you many times. I've mad up my mind, this engagement is OVER!
Claudio: I don't accept!
Cia: What do you mean you don't accept?
Claudio: I mean I don't want us to break up, so I AM IGNORING YOU!
Cia: YOU CAN'T DO THAT! WE ARE THROUGH, THERE IS NO WE ANYMORE!
Klara: What's going on here?
Claudio: Can you talk some sense into you granddaughter? She's breaking off the engagement.
Klara: Didn't you do that the other day when you LEFT HER AT THE ALTAR?
Cia: Grandma, please, give us some privacy.
Klara: Fine, but no more screaming.

Claudio: Come on Cia, I thought we wanted the same things. I thought you said we could be happy together.
Cia: I thought so too, but when you let a little thing shake you up so much you didn't want to go through with the wedding the other day, I started questioning weather or not you wanted to be with me enough.
Claudio: It wasn't a little thing, it was Grim!
Cia: All sims have or will meet Grim sooner of later, but that's not even what we should be talking about. You don't love me, and as much as I like you, I don't think I could learn to love you as anything more than a friend.
Claudio: How can you know? And I don't even know if I love you or not, maybe I love you like crazy. Come on, say the engagement is on, and lets forget about this fight.
Cia: No, I'm not backing down on this.
Claudio: Cia, please stop talking like this.
Cia: Claudio, let's just give each other some space, all right. You and me, this is never going to happen. And that's final.
Claudio: *sigh* I guess I always knew, but I wanted it to work out so bad.
Cia: Me too, let's just be friends instead?
Claudio: Always. Now don't go replace me with some weirdo OK?
Cia: I'll try not to.

So, after the initial screaming match it was a pretty good break up. If any breakup can ever be deemed good. We agreed to part as friends, and in time we might actually be close again. We both promised to call, but I knew that I needed some space before contacting him again.

Once I had taken care of the Claudio issue I called Donell and asked him to come over. I suppose no one is really surprised about that? I think I am the one most surprised about this development, mom and grandma were not at the least surprised.

Klara: We could have told you ages ago that he was the right boy for you.
Cia: Why didn't you?
Selma: And watch you chop off your arm just to spite us?
Cia: OK, that's a valid point, I wasn't very rational when I was a teen. But do you think he feels the same way?
Selma/Klara *covers laugh with coughs* No idea, I guess you'll just have to ask him.

So I did. I had butterflies in my stomach when I was waiting for him to come over, actual butterflies. It sure felt different from when I was seeing Claudio.

I greeted him with a classic.

Donell: So where did you find the flowers?
Cia: Trash can.
Donell: It's the best place.

Cia: So, there's this thing I've been meaning to ask you...
Donell: Go on.
*smooch*
Cia: How does that feel?
Donell: Not bad, not bad at all.

Cia: You know I've been all kinds of confused about what I should do about Claudio, well, I broke it of with him earlier today. And well, I was wondering... what I mean is I've always liked you a lot and... maybe you'd prefer for us to just be friends... and I totally understand that, even though I think...
Donell: Are you trying to find out if I'm interested in you?
Cia: Yes, yes I am.
Donell: Because when we were younger you said the two of us together, would be weird.
Cia: ...Uh, yeah, and like I said before, I totally understand if you still feel that way...
Donell: Cia, hush, I'm just messing with you.
Cia: You are? What does that mean?
Donell: That I'm very interested in you.
Cia: Oh, good.

Cia: I should be so mad at you for messing with me like that!
Donell: I think you owe me that for all the times you were completely oblivious when I tried to flirt with you.
Cia: You've been trying to flirty with me?
Donell: Not very successfully apparently, I'm going to have to practice more.
Cia: We can practice together - because I really need to learn to spot when someone is flirting with me.
Donell: Come here.
Cia: I weigh a ton.
Donell: No, no light as a feather.
Cia: I see you're already learning.

Cia: Donell Hopper, will you marry me?
Donell: You're sure this is what you want?
Cia: Not a doubt in my mind.
Donell: Just checking.
Cia: Well.
Donell: Well, what?
Cia: *laughs* Stop torturing me! Will you marry me?
Donell: Absolutely!

That hug was amazing. Donell might be a pest sometime, but he was also my best friend, and he could always make me laugh, even when it was supposed to be a serious occasion. Life with him would be fun, and I just hoped he'd stay with me for a long, long time.

Once I'd mad up my mind, and had gotten Donell to agree, I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Sure, we could have organized a fancy new wedding, even had a third bachelorette party (I've heard third time's the charm) but quite frankly I didn't feel like it. All I wanted was to actually be married to the man I finally figured out I loved.

We held a private wedding as soon as everyone could come outside. Grandma muttered about Agnes' crazy ideas coming through, somehow I got the impression I wasn't the Agnes she was talking about this time.

After the short but heartfelt ceremony (no cake, we had eaten leftover cake from the botched wedding until the smell of icing would make me nauseous), we took a trip to City Hall. We changed our names, so that Donell got to keep his old surname, and I got it too.

Here we are, the new Mr. and Mrs. Aurora Hopper. Shortly after this picture was taken we were kindly asked to leave, apparently there are things called "decency laws".

Here's Donell's new looks. I'm so happy I finally realized the prize right in front of me.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 74: Here comes the groom
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
I hope for a very happy (and long) life together for the pixelated bridge and groom :) Though not too long that it messes up other things in the dynasty!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
*Waves a Team-Donell flag*

Edited, I apologize for what this said before, my smart phone has a sick sense of humor.

I was rather confused with what you meant. So I googled it, my advice, don't do that.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 75: Expecting
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
The wedding night was everything we could have dreamed of.

We decided to start working on the next generation right away. After wasting so many days, before understanding our feelings for each other, we didn't want to waste a single one more.

The result was as could be predicted, and greener than usual (according to grandma Klara who all of a sudden pronounced herself an expert on childrearing, we all know how untrue that is. What we can all agree on is that her latest work, Love is right in front of you, is a hit.)

I was pleasantly surprised by my maternity outfit, thank God I wouldn't be forced to run around in a dress.

Aunt Emelie spent a lot of time upgrading mom's food replicator, and the noise was deafening.

Using my pregnant state as an excuse I went to the spa, and then hung out there listening to ghost stories instead of going home.

I also took the time to entertain the towns two resident vampires, even though I don't understand why they are out during the daytime. As a result I quickly rose to level 10 of the guitar skill, and all this during maternity leave. I call that multitasking.

Mom and dad celebrated the oncoming grandparent-hood with some stargazing, a wonderful escape from the banging coming from inside.

Donell and I were both very excited about our little nooboo. We talked for hours about what to name him or her, what skill could be the potential supermax, and whether or not any of our friends had gotten married and produced potential spouses. The last part might have been a bit over the top on the protective scale, but Donell felt very strongly about making sure any children of ours would never have to be left at the altar.

Then one evening, I felt some strange movements after I got out of the bath.

The baby was coming!

Wanting to make sure the first thing my child looked eyes on weren't a toilet I quickly walked out to the living room, and just in time too.

Her name is Elise. She's friendly and excitable.

And she already has her father wrapped around her little finger.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 76: Waiting for a birthday
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »
Elise is a very quite nooboo. It may have something to do with the fact that there are always people around to give her attention. But no matter how much we all enjoyed playing with her, she was only one, and when we weren't the ones in charge of her care, we all had to find other ways to occupy our time.

Aunt Emelie spent time working on SuperMaxing painting.

Dad spent time polishing grandpa Chris' music box collection.

We introduced Elise to TV time with the family.

Racheal was hard at work, trying to become an ice personality just like her dad had been. Her technique was rather unusual.

When I was out playing for tips, and Donell worked on his painting skill, mom and dad watched Elise. Or, at least they said they would. More often than not I would come home to find the cuddled up on the couch. Elise asleep in her room.

In the evenings the'd hang out in the front yard, watching the stars. Dad was getting pretty old but I hoped he'd stick around long enough to at least see Elise age up to a toddler.

We had an early morning celebration for Elise.

She aged up with her grandfathers blond hair. She has my dark eyes and I think Donell's eye shape. Her face is a lot more narrower than mine and I suspect she'll also inherit her fathers mouth. Her favorite color is purple.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 75: Expecting
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »
Elise is so cute! Cia remains my favorite heir so far though! (It helps that there has only been 2) 

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 77: Elise's toddler years
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
Dad was the proudest granddad I ever saw. He was always carrying her around, and we practically had to beg him to let us have some time with her. We didn't really mind, because we knew he didn't have so much time left. And since Elise made him so happy, I was happy to let them spend time together.

Reading together.

Potty training.

And more reading, what can they be up to?

We are wondering if Elise has the hidden night owl trait, since she's up most of the night. Dad, of course stays up with her an keeps her quite so we can sleep. Then he hands over the responsibility for looking after her to mom and aunt Elise, for the day shift.

Emelie uses her time with Elise to do her museum pieces. Here she's posing for her sculpture.

I taught Elise to talk.

Cia: ...and when you are older you can read all about what grandma, and great-grandma did for their requirements.
Elise: Books! Read! Requirements!
Cia: Yes, but first you'll have to string together complete sentences.
Elise: String! Senescence! Together!

Cia: Then you'll have to max a career and earn enough money to buy a building and  a propertiy.
Elise: Property! Property! Property!
Cia: But lets focus on you using a complete sentence first shall we? 
Elise: Property! Property! Sentence!

It was rather hard, she just repeated different words back in a high excited voice, I think she'll need to practice a bit more before she gets it. I can't imagine me being this difficult when I was a toddler.

Speaking of being excited. Very few things did not excite her.

Elise: Food! Food! Fooooood!

Elise: Yum! Yum! Food!

Donell's attempts to teach her to walk were successful.

Elise: Walk! Walk! Walking! Catch! Me! Now!

It became time for Donell's birthday and he insisted on us celebrating it at Old Pier Beach. He said that's because this is where I didn't marry Claudio, and he got his second chance to make me his. (Claudio and I are on good terms again by the way, he has a boyfriend now, is working in law enforcement and seems very happy.)

His midlife crisis hit him directly, and he immediately started talking about renovating out house, making it larger and more functional.

We had a wonderful relaxing afternoon at the beach, and Donell's friend Jarvis Marrero stopped by for some cake.

And once we got home we found out that Donell's talk about a renovation wasn't just idle chatter.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 78: Renovations
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
This is the overview of our new house, The party area in has been enlarged and we have added a garage to the rear of the property. The house also has a second story now, so that we'll have room for all the bedrooms we'll need in the future.

A view from the street, the house is now symmetrical since we added two more bedrooms downstairs.

The new party area, complete with gnubb court, a buffet and cake tables. The wedding arch has been moved and now gets sun even in the late afternoon.

The pond has been kept as before, but a combined tiberium garden/ martial arts area had been added between the pond and the new garage.

The garden has also been moved down to the garage, and been down scaled since dad is no longer as spry as he used to be.

This is now the first floor. With four main bedrooms and one nursery. The living/kitchen area has been enlarged, the study has been moved and a separate reading room, where you can get some peace and quite was created.

The second floor is largely unfurnished, except for two bathrooms and Klara's study. The blue room will be mine some day. I'll have one of the best views!

And finally some screenshots to show how we enjoyed our new house.

Mom in her tiberium garden.

Dad playing with his new sprinklers.

Emelie and Racheal sculpting. Note the shower installed to prevent any unfortunate accidents.

And Elise reading in her new nursery.

anything