Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 82460 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
You don't have to check right now, just when you feel like it, but I am seeing all of the photos in that chapter.  Could you check again and let me know which numbers they are?  I will just redo them even if I can see them. 

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
Right after "For a wedding present I gave Kearney..." The first two pictures show up as red question marks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:38 PM »
I've replaced them, hopefully now they will show up right.

I am going tonight (I hope) put in where she gives birth and the fun that ensues.  And I swear, I did not set any of it up, it just seemed to happen.  Really, really weird, but cute.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »
One of the stories reminded me of a problem that many of us face in the town jumping, finding a mate for our heir due to the lack of pregnancies and births in some of the towns, such as in RV.
I am wondering if this might work.  To start a new game, play a couple and have them have children, at least one if not more and then save them to the bin.  When you move to the town you can move the family out (to the bin) and replace them with the saved family, who are original townies, but who have offspring. 
Wonder if that would work.  It could be done with several families.   

I think I will try that with some of the families in RV to see how it will work.  Set up a test town. 

Edit:

I have my sim couple who have a possible heir.  The problem is, she has aged up to a teen and has (at least to me) an ugly mouth, and neither of her parents, nor does her father's twin brother have the same mouth.

Can I please change her mouth?  I searched, and unless I missed it, I haven't found anything that states either way if I can change her mouth.  She isn't a very pretty girl, and I have already been considering having another baby with this family, but still, I really, really feel sorry for her to have such a mouth when the other members of the family doesn't. 

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
The house I moved my family into, is having a ton of issues. There's a glitch where none of the lights will turn on, and a TON of routing issues. Can I move to another house in the town?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
The house I moved my family into, is having a ton of issues. There's a glitch where none of the lights will turn on, and a TON of routing issues. Can I move to another house in the town?

Yes, go ahead and move. I had to do that with my Crosby family once.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
Yes, go ahead and move. I had to do that with my Crosby family once.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »
One of the stories reminded me of a problem that many of us face in the town jumping, finding a mate for our heir due to the lack of pregnancies and births in some of the towns, such as in RV.
I am wondering if this might work.  To start a new game, play a couple and have them have children, at least one if not more and then save them to the bin.  When you move to the town you can move the family out (to the bin) and replace them with the saved family, who are original townies, but who have offspring. 
Wonder if that would work.  It could be done with several families.   

I think I will try that with some of the families in RV to see how it will work.  Set up a test town. 

Edit:

I have my sim couple who have a possible heir.  The problem is, she has aged up to a teen and has (at least to me) an ugly mouth, and neither of her parents, nor does her father's twin brother have the same mouth.

Can I please change her mouth?  I searched, and unless I missed it, I haven't found anything that states either way if I can change her mouth.  She isn't a very pretty girl, and I have already been considering having another baby with this family, but still, I really, really feel sorry for her to have such a mouth when the other members of the family doesn't.

You can do as Ausette did in her story and get several townies pregnant before your family moves to that town. That should help provide a spouse for your heir.

I would rather you not change any features on your family. Part of the premise of this challenge is to see how the genetics change from town to town. My Crosby family had some very ugly family members...and some beautiful ones.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »
*Sigh*  I guess Amaryllis gest stuck with an horrible mouth.  It wouldn't be so bad if your face was big enough to handle it, but she had a narrow face and it looks as if from her eyes down all she is is a huge mouth.

I have started a new game in RV, even though it isn't my next town and am going to get several of the women pregnant.  That way, there will be more young ones for my heir's child to know and find a mate. 

I am going to confess that I am hoping I can find a way to have the heir marry George Dean.  It will be a townie, so using nefarious methods, perhaps I can find a way to make it work.   ;D

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
Is there a way to take photos/images off the internet and add them to a chapter in my story?

I want to add some photos for effects and the story plot to give it some umph.  Can that be done?  I have never tried to put images from the internet into anything.  Printed out copies to be used a couple of times, but not add them to anything, especially like I would in my story.

I feel that my story is a bit bland, there is no sizzle to it.  Things that I would like to add, that would give it some life I can't do because either I don't have the expansion packs that would let me, or I have no way to add them.
This, however, I think will help my story, fit in with what I would like to write for a chapter and to have for later chapters before my family moves to the next town.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
There is no way that I know of to add a picture directly from the Internet to your post. You would have to save the picture to your computer and then add to the Gallery to put in the post. There could be copyright issues however with getting pictures from the 'Net.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »
The ones that I copied all states that they are free to be used.  One site even asked that no links be given, he didn't have time to respond to inquiries so just to enjoy however wanted. 
The others came from sites that also stated free and I have seen copies of them in other sites that have free ones.
Any that have a title, whether person, game, website or any other writing typed in or attached to it, I didn't save to my desktop.

Got permission once to use some photos in a newsletter I used to put out, years and years ago.  I didn't want to break any laws accidently so found out what to do to be able to use the photos.  Dennis the Menace, for a newsletter on children who have special needs in the area of ADHD, BP and other; all mental, not physical.   They gave me permission to use four photos a year. 

Anyhow, I was careful to not take any that have the least bit of copyright so as to not cause problems.   

So I am gathering that with them saved to desktop I download them to the gallery same as I would any other photo. 

Thanks for the help.  My story needs some life to it. 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:43 AM »
I'm curious, wondering if there are some who are doing the jump but not posting their story.

Mine is bland, and I have reached a roadblock in being able to write what I want.  Partly I can't do what I want to do to give it the umph that it needs.  I don't know whether to toss it into the trash or just do it without writing it and then posting that I have finished, with a quick note on each heir for each town.

Are there others who are doing the jump and not posting a story?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
I usually have three Random Town Jumps playing at a time and I move to a different one every couple days or so. I don't feel like I can really write so I just narrate the one, Winterly Town Jump. I haven't written on it lately due to illness.

skyegal22

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
Hello, I started this challenge with the Elson's in Starlights Shores, Frist Chapter is http://sims3randomtownjump.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/chapter-one-introducing-the-elsons/, I tried to do it in the forums but it's easier for me to do it on the blog

anything