Author Topic: Fairy Magic Exploit  (Read 11281 times)

Chuckles_82

Fairy Magic Exploit
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:27:07 AM »
If you take your fairy sim to the salon and get the §7.500 package, the 'comletely at ease' moodlet overrides the 'magic depleted' moodlet, and your fairy sim can keep casting and casting with no magic! They still gain levels, and there is still the same chances as always that a spell will fail/succeed.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Fairy Magic Exploit
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:28:58 AM »
That could be very useful thanks chuckles.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »
Thank you Chuckles, I will use it for sure I love gardening with my fairies.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:08 AM »
I wonder if it works for witches too.  Would help enormously in levelling magic skill if it did.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
That is great! Thanks, Chuckles! 

EDIT: Yes!! I just ran a test and it works for witches as well. Thanks again!  :D

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 02:22:37 AM »
If anyone uses testing cheats you can just ctrl click when the "magic waning" or "magic depleted" moodlets come up and the bar resets to full for fairies and witches.
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 02:59:48 AM »
But that causes issues if you do it to Unicorns. I assume that the game runs the same sort of bar with Unicorns (never had one) so it could damage Witches and fairies too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
I had this happen today and had it narrowed down to the spa package she had during her pregnancy.  Nice to see it confirmed that it wasn't my game only.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
If anyone uses testing cheats you can just ctrl click when the "magic waning" or "magic depleted" moodlets come up and the bar resets to full for fairies and witches.
With me it makes the magic power go fully down, if I ctrl click the ''magic power waning'' moodlet, not sure about ''magic depleted''
Edit: OK maybe it only goes fully down with my witch, the fairy has her magic power fill up. I'll test it with my witch to see what happens.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Joanne

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
I give my witch and fairy the spa treatment, it worked with both. My fairy was blooming flowers like crazy and my witch upgrade everything in the house. ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »
I had a feeling treatments would work as well. Packages and treatments remove specific 'stress' moodlets, according to the code, but I hadn't had a chance to test it, and had no idea what the numbers represented. Thanks for letting us know!

Joanne

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
The magic meter was empty, bit there was not a negative moodlet. Very good find!

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »
That would be so usefull!  Haha...if only my sim could afford it. :-\  But that is seriously awesome.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »
If your sim can afford it, a steam bath has the same effect for 24hrs only and is only §250. It's a matter of time vs money.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:57 AM »
The 'tranquil' moodlet also delays the magic depleted moodlet. I'm not sure if it works for bubble baths, but if a neurotic sim freaks out (I'm assuming it would be the same for supernatural fans on full moon) the magic depleted moodlet doesn't appear until 'tranquil' wears off.