Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 118743 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
Who much does the time machine cost at the consignment store? After you buy it can you travel in time just once or multiple times? Are the collectibles that you bring back worth anything and able to be sold? If so, an unorthodox way to making money is buy a time machine, travel through time a bunch, and sell the collectibles. That would be a fun way to make money.
The answers to your questions (in order) are;

It varies, but around $1000.
Multiple Times.
Yes and yes.

Sportsfan

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
The answers to your questions (in order) are;

It varies, but around $1000.
Multiple Times.
Yes and yes.

Thanks. I'm going to try to make a sim that buys a time machine as soon as they can and have no income other than what they get from their time traveling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:48 AM »
I guess they just take the same sim who was using the Time Machine and make them a child. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to mention it.  :)

I've had sim children who very closely resembled the person using the time machine, but I've also had children come out who looked almost nothing like their parent.  However, I don't think I've ever had an exact duplicate produced as the result of time travel lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2011, 02:04:35 AM »
Is coming back with kids frequent? I never used the time machine before buying one in this game. Not sure I want a bunch of kids from it.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2011, 02:31:11 AM »
Out of about 30 tries I got only 1 kid so I don't think you'll be getting a whole lot.  :)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2011, 03:13:05 AM »
My sim got two kids in a row. :-\
Maybe it's random.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2011, 04:32:35 AM »
Maybe it's random.

Yes, it is. I think it works the same way as the Clone Voucher (sp?) award that came with Generations.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2011, 08:10:38 AM »
My sim got two kids, the first time it was herself. (She was her own mother, messed up dude.) The second time she got a boy but that was from the future. I assumed he was her child.  ??? And it did say 'mother' on the his relationship tab.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
Has anyone sent a vampirer in the machine to see if they return with a vampire kid?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »
Has anyone sent a vampirer in the machine to see if they return with a vampire kid?

I haven't actually tried it, but based on what I remember from some code diving a while back I'd say that it is pretty much guaranteed that if a Vamp gets the result the kid will be a Vamp.

Leto85

« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
Maybe it's random.

Around the time I was training Max Skills Max had to travel a few times back and forth to test and try his Masterly Time Machine. Perhaps I had bought him the Vertilize Threadment LTP already because the only time he stopped bringing back lost kids from yesterday or tomorrow was after number 7 had joyned his household.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2011, 02:56:46 AM »
Seven! Too many for me.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:43 AM »
The Time Machine is so awesome! I had my two sims try for a baby in the time machine and nobody appeared so I thought that perhaps it didn't work.. The 'baby' (a young adult female) arrived two sim weeks later! :o Where was she, all that time? Haha.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
Guess she was lost in the time warp! At least you missed the diaper stage!

Did she come out by herself or you had to go and get her?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »
She just appeared one morning. I don't know how long she was there, I was zoomed in on her Mum at the time and then when her Mum walked into the same room as her a little notice came up that said something like 'Mum, Dad! I'm home! This is way better than that cave you left me in!' I found it quite funny. :D