Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119304 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
The Time Machine!
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:08 PM »
The inventors build it and perhaps everyone is skipping over it to get to the (possibly) more exciting Simbot.  Personally I bought a Simbot (My Best Friend) and have more fun with the time machine.  Its a rabbit hole type deal, they (the Sims) vanish, have adventures, you read about it but often enough they come back with money, or goods.  I've gotten interesting books, paintings, a gnome, and most fun are the new outfits that get unlocked with your adventures!  Sci-fi outfits from the future (think TRON outfits) midevil outfits (chain mail) from the past.  Male sims only unlock male outfits, so you have to send you female Sims to adventure as well (though my female came back with "a young girl she saved from under the wheels of a wagon" - who looks suspeciously identical to my Sim!)

Anyone else have time traveling stories?

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
You better send that young girl back. She might be your great great ... grandmother, and now you might never be born  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »
In case someone's interested, Time Machines can be bought at the consignment store occasionally. I've had no luck. After about 4 tries, my sim never comes back with anything.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »
In case someone's interested, Time Machines can be bought at the consignment store occasionally. I've had no luck. After about 4 tries, my sim never comes back with anything.

Yes I have seen it there often, along with a mining thingie.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 12:16:43 AM »
I think the time machine and the miner are both pretty fun!  So far I haven't had them come back with a new friend, but I did once have them come back saying they saved someone's life and when they got home they were automatically best friends with the relatives of the person they saved.  I thought that was pretty cool!

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 01:30:14 AM »
I think the time machine and the miner are both pretty fun!  So far I haven't had them come back with a new friend, but I did once have them come back saying they saved someone's life and when they got home they were automatically best friends with the relatives of the person they saved.  I thought that was pretty cool!

I've got this as well, though never looked at relatives.... maybe I should now.  That being said I wonder if they other adventures 'working on a farm all day' for example gives you athletics or gardening skill points.  hummm... I see alot of time traveling in my future.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
I finally got a daughter from the future.  After the couple "tried for baby" in the time machine, it took, like, three days before she showed up and by then the parents were elder and so was the daughter, lol.  At least brought some neat  clothes with her.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »
I realized this can be read 2 ways. I meant to say my sim has adventured in the Time Machine several times and never came back with anything.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »
I finally got a daughter from the future.  After the couple "tried for baby" in the time machine, it took, like, three days before she showed up and by then the parents were elder and so was the daughter, lol.  At least brought some neat  clothes with her.

You answered my question that I didn't even have to ask :D I was wondering for future/past children whether Sims needed to 'try for baby' or just 'woohoo' in the Time Machine. I bought one from the Consignment Shop - the Sim whose learning the Inventing skill also has a profession rather than a rabbithole job, so he's a fair way off being able to invent his own time machine - so I've only had the one journey to the past so far.
Grr Argh!

omega2alpha

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
I tried for baby in both the past and the future and got 10 kids out of it. The past kids were either young adult or teen and the future kids were always elders. They did receive hidden traits from their parents, but you couldn't pick their names, traits, or LTW. I got future twins (two elder females came out of the time machine one after another).

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
Does anyone know if Simbots have interesting experiences in the time machine?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
I can't figure out why trying for a baby in the future produces an elder in the present.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
Is my sim supposed to return from the time adventure wearing a costume, or are costumes unlocked in CAS? If unlocked, where are they? Does anyone have screenshots? I'm just not finding them in her CAS.

edit: I just learned I could do "unlockoutfits on", then found them in her CAS, so at least I know what they will look like.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
I had my couple try for baby in the past and the future. Got a child from the past that says he is my man's son and my woman's step-son! How that happened I'll never know! I got an elder from the future that is both of their daughter. Any ideas? My couple is green, and both kids are green so how could he be my woman's step-son? He looks just like her!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »
This would probably look good on a younger person, lol

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?