Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119333 times)

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
I am somewhat disappointed with Ambitions. And with the time machine too... I hope Late Night will be better.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »
I like the time travel machine but so far have only come back with one future female outfit even though I travel in the past as often as I do in the future.  Thank goodness no extra children (I don't dare try the woohoo part after reading what everyone has written).  ;D  
I have come back with quite a number of new books though, which were sorely needed with my 'readaholic' family! 8)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »
Medieval language isn't that easy to understand! Not the spelling/grammar is so difficult, all those different accents (even more in Medieval times) really make reading more difficult. And nobody knows how we'll speak or write in the future!

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
@ The Illuminator: we will speak probably a mixup with different leanguages. You know, a lot of English words have made it to Holland to, and have somehow being integraded here. Example: Skateboarding in Holland has become a verb: Skateboarden. 'Ik ga skateboarden.'

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
I honestly didn't notice if my sims had problems reading the books they brought back or not.  I will check it out this evening when I load up my game.   ???

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
@ The Illuminator: we will speak probably a mixup with different leanguages. You know, a lot of English words have made it to Holland to, and have somehow being integraded here. Example: Skateboarding in Holland has become a verb: Skateboarden. 'Ik ga skateboarden.'

This was even more in Medieval times. English and Dutch (and French) people could understand each other when trying.

Actually, the first sentence of "Middel-Nederlands" was until recently: Hebban olla vogela nestas hagunnan hinase hic anda thu wat unbidan we nu? (Hebben alle vogels nesten begonnen behalve ik en jij, wat wachten we nu. English translation: Have all birds begun building nests except I and you, where are we waiting for). But recently they discovered it was actually a late form of Early English.

The first sentence (9th century) is now: Visc flot aftar themo uuatare. (Een vis drijft over het water) English translation: A fish floats over the water. For all English people, try to see the similarity.

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »
I honestly didn't notice if my Sims had problems reading the books they brought back or not.  I will check it out this evening when I load up my game.   ???

OK, I tried it with two different Sims tonight and both finished books from the past and from the future.  Maybe Simlish hasn't changed over time nor did it have different dialects  ;D.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
OK, I tried it with two different Sims tonight and both finished books from the past and from the future.  Maybe Simlish hasn't changed over time nor did it have different dialects  ;D.

Maybe it works like the Tardis in Dr.Who and automatically translates everything into a language the reader can understand.  :D

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »
Wow, I need to make a female inventor!

Are you guys able to accomplish things like Master inventions while on Normal lifespan? I'm playing a legacy on Normal now, but I don't know whether it'd be worth it to pursue such challenging accomplishments with such a short life.

Well, having WA helps as you can do things out of your normal timeline, without family obligations and without aging. That is one of the big plus thingies in WA - much like a well built base in TS2 Nightlife. As you can practically travel every two days if need be and stay for a really long time if you have Visa level 3 + the extension certificate and a purchased house ... you can practically max a LOT of skills while on vacation, especially so, if you have the moodlet manager. :)

Offline Crimson

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
Alright a couple things. I had the da Vinci lifetime wish completed. When I went back, I had a masterpiece painting and in the past I sold it for 20,000 simoleans. Anyone done anything similar? Also if you have testing cheats enabled and you control click the moodlets involving the time machine (not including great meal moodlets and stuff like that), you can time travel again immediately, which if you only use it for that purpose it is not necessarily a cheat.
anyone have a cybernations account message me at nation ruler is twelve

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »
Alright a couple things. I had the da Vinci lifetime wish completed. When I went back, I had a masterpiece painting and in the past I sold it for 20,000 simoleans. Anyone done anything similar? Also if you have testing cheats enabled and you control click the moodlets involving the time machine (not including great meal moodlets and stuff like that), you can time travel again immediately, which if you only use it for that purpose it is not necessarily a cheat.

Well, yes, it is a cheat.  Anything that removes moodlets would be considered a cheat.  It's not a big deal if a player likes playing with cheats, but it wouldn't be allowed in any kind of challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »
Well, yes, it is a cheat.  Anything that removes moodlets would be considered a cheat.  It's not a big deal if a player likes playing with cheats, but it wouldn't be allowed in any kind of challenge.
I read this yesterday and I was going to say I thought it was, cause I'm a big cheater, even though I can honestly say I haven't been cheating lately  ;D ;D but I figured I would wait and see what someone else said!

Offline Crimson

• Townie
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
That isn't what I meant. I meant by that is was more realistic that way if there was more or less a downtime before going back in time. Also the only thing I have ever gotten from time travelling was some books and some money never a gnome or a suit or any other thing. Is this just because of a glitch or something?

P.S No grammar mistakes see I'm trying.
anyone have a cybernations account message me at nation ruler is twelve

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
P.S No grammar mistakes see I'm trying.

Well done!  ;D

As for what you come back with from time travelling, I think it's pretty much random.  All my sims have ever returned with is a negative moodlet and, once, a child from the past.  But other people have gotten neat outfits and other goodies.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Leto85

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
Well done!  ;D

As for what you come back with from time travelling, I think it's pretty much random.  All my sims have ever returned with is a negative moodlet and, once, a child from the past.  But other people have gotten neat outfits and other goodies.

No way to trigger this? I already think to know the answer, but I can always ask it to be sure.

So weird I've never fot a message about Late Night stuff and other upcoming expansions after my sim travels to the future.

anything