Author Topic: Magic Jelly Beans  (Read 23061 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Magic Jelly Beans
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:53:11 PM »
I don't know if there is a topic but my Sim wander off (autonomously, I usually micro manage!)  and ate some jellybeans from the magic jellybean tree.  I know a new death is from the jellybeans (at least a new ghost type is a jellybean ghost) so I've been avoiding them.

She ate a blue one, turned blue and got a -10 moodlet for 3 hours!

Anyone else had Jelly Bean experiences?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Magic Jelly Beans
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »
I've had my Sims turn yellow from the bush.  Like actually their skin turned yellow.   I've also had Jelly Bean deaths from the bush. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
I'm scared to death of my sims dying from eating magic jellybeans and cancel the action to eat them whenever they queue it up (I send them to the alchemy shop a lot, and some of my sims just love eating from the jellybean bush there).

They've gotten one of the spicy moodlets from them, but no color changes or in-game deaths.

On the other hand, my simself has an alternate life as a ghost who died from poisoned jellybeans, though I did that in CAS. I love jellybeans in real life and would totally pick them off a bush with no regard for their safety.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »
I'm scared to death of my sims dying from eating magic jellybeans and cancel the action to eat them whenever they queue it up (I send them to the alchemy shop a lot, and some of my sims just love eating from the jellybean bush there).

They've gotten one of the spicy moodlets from them, but no color changes or in-game deaths.

On the other hand, my simself has an alternate life as a ghost who died from poisoned jellybeans, though I did that in CAS. I love jellybeans in real life and would totally pick them off a bush with no regard for their safety.

I've had a sim turn blue, I've had sim become singed, I've had a sim become soaked (I think). The odds of death are pretty low it seems. Can we get someone to dig into the code?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
According to The Sims Wiki the chance of death by jelly bean is pretty slim:

35% chance of getting one of these positive moodlets: Adrenaline Rush, Buzzed, Fascinated, Feeling Lucky, Minty Breath, Oddly Powerful, Stuffed, Sugar Rush, Educated, or Warmed.
    25% chance of getting one of these negative moodlets: Feeling Unlucky, Garlic Breath, Hungry, Very Hungry, Itchy, Nauseous, Smelly, Tired, Terrified, Disappointed, Embarrassed, or Has to Pee.
    12% chance of getting "Glowy on the Outside" moodlet.
    12% chance of getting "Feeling Bluish" moodlet.
    10% chance of getting "Too Spicy" moodlet.
    2.5% chance of catching on fire.
    2.5% chance of getting electrocuted.
    1% chance of death by jelly beans.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
I'll look into the code later but in all of my non challenge files - I couldn't have a Sim queue up to eat more than 2 jelly beans before getting the jelly bean of death.  I would queue up more than one to fulfill the wish and it would always kill the Sim. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
I'll look into the code later but in all of my non challenge files - I couldn't have a Sim queue up to eat more than 2 jelly beans before getting the jelly bean of death.  I would queue up more than one to fulfill the wish and it would always kill the Sim.

That's rather funny because I once spent an hour trying to kill Beatrice Crumplebottom with one, and it never quite worked.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »
That's rather funny because I once spent an hour trying to kill Beatrice Crumplebottom with one, and it never quite worked.

The joy that is the percentage chance.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:32:38 AM »
According to The Sims Wiki the chance of death by jelly bean is pretty slim:

35% chance of getting one of these positive moodlets: Adrenaline Rush, Buzzed, Fascinated, Feeling Lucky, Minty Breath, Oddly Powerful, Stuffed, Sugar Rush, Educated, or Warmed.
    25% chance of getting one of these negative moodlets: Feeling Unlucky, Garlic Breath, Hungry, Very Hungry, Itchy, Nauseous, Smelly, Tired, Terrified, Disappointed, Embarrassed, or Has to Pee.
    12% chance of getting "Glowy on the Outside" moodlet.
    12% chance of getting "Feeling Bluish" moodlet.
    10% chance of getting "Too Spicy" moodlet.
    2.5% chance of catching on fire.
    2.5% chance of getting electrocuted.
    1% chance of death by jelly beans.

Yep, that's all correct (from the code)!

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
Yep, that's all correct (from the code)!

Please tell me that catching on fire gives you the too spicy moodlet!  ;)
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?