Author Topic: Blue aura?  (Read 17911 times)

Offline revital

• Nooboo
Blue aura?
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
I have a witch sim that is married to a human. After the witch reached level 10 in the fortuneteller career and used the philosopher stone for the first time (it happened on the same day) she emits a blue aura every time she is near her husband and that effects their relationship negatively (like with evil sims in the crime career). I don't know what caused it but what can I do?

Leto85

Re: blue aura?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
Hm, neither do I so I am going to guess based on the information you might want to share to speed things up: what are your both sims traits? How good is the relationship between them? Does the aura effects the magic nary? With that I mean if the aura relies on the magic bar and is actually draining it, just like spells from witches do, and like the aura's of fairies and the Genie abilities of genies. Does the aura comes with a noodles for your witch itself?
If you like to answer these questions on or more people here might find the answer for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline revital

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »
The witch's traits are: friendly, etiquette, flirty, excited, genius. The husband is good, friendly, flirty, good sense of humor, genius. There is no effect on the magic (the magic bar is full and my witch hardly does magic). I don't know what noodles are but there is no effect on my witch. The aura only happens when she is near her husband (they don't have kids) but even than everything seems normal accept the relationship bar between them. Their relationship was very good up until she reached level 10 in fortunetelling and used the philosopher stone but I don't know which one activated the aura (and if it was actually one of the two although nothing else was different that day).

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Apparently is a fortune teller bug.  Found this:

Relationships

- Unflirty Sims have random relationships (cadaverc)
- Sims hate each other without a reason (catloverplayer, 3DJ4)
--> Existing cheating issue (Stormfeather) ?
- Autonomous love spell casting ruins relationships (shadowmel333)
- Sims that fell in love through means of a spell don't know each other after spell wears off (SpiderCrowWolf)
- Married Sims are not married anymore after the love spell (45rpm)
- level 10 in the mystic branch gives blue aura that ruins relationships (revgrv)
- Sims don't get pregnant (Motherboard, and others throughout the thread)
- Try for Baby option does not appear (Spunkeh-87)
--> If your Sim has the moodlet from the mood lamp, he can't try for baby (EiraRose)
--> Mood Lamp – A source for Issues

Found that in the official sims forum bug thread for Supernatural:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/581172.page

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
When EA created the blue aura for the mystic branch, they copied and pasted the same information that was used for the red glow that is given to the Emperor of Evil.   If you look at the XML file that controls the Fortune Teller Career, it turns out that sims with the Good, Friendly, or Family-Oriented traits -- plus anyone in the Science career -- will hate people with the mystic aura (i.e., anyone at level 10 in the Fortune Teller Career, Mystic Branch).  So it's automatic and the only thing you could do would be to quit the job and then work their relationship back up. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline revital

• Nooboo
Re: Blue aura?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »
I changed the husband's traits to: good sense of humor, flirty, good kisser, schmoozer, fan of the supernatural. It didn't work. The blue aura remains.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
You said it was the wife that had the blue aura right?  Blue Aura won't go away until she quits her job.   What job did the husband have? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline revital

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »
businessman

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
She needs to quit her job to remove the aura, as stated above. 

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
That's odd I have a Sim in that career at level 10 and in the Mystic branch. She has no blue aura, and none of her relationships are effected.
Edit: Maybe I should read lol. I just noticed it's a bug, which I'm very happy about. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Blue aura?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
That's odd I have a Sim in that career at level 10 and in the Mystic branch. She has no blue aura, and none of her relationships are effected.
Edit: Maybe I should read lol. I just noticed it's a bug, which I'm very happy about.
According to the game code this isn't a bug.  I just had gen 8 of my dynasty reach level 10 of the mystic branch.  Unlike an emperor of evil, the glow only comes out when a good, friendly, family-oriented or science sim is around and just like the EoE's red glow it can ruin a relationship lickity split.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 04:10:37 AM »
What happens if a sims has both aura's? I know that the Emperor Of Evil glow remains after and quit the job. So theoretically it must be possible to obtain both auras's, unless one overwrite the other.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
What happens if a sims has both aura's? I know that the Emperor Of Evil glow remains after and quit the job. So theoretically it must be possible to obtain both auras's, unless one overwrite the other.

I've never really had either aura, but my understanding is that the Emperor of Evil glow appears randomly, and the Mystic one appears when a Good, Friendly, Family-Oriented or Science Sim is around. So in theory, if one were to obtain both, the two glows wouldn't overwrite each other, they'd appear at different times, even if the odds had to be skewed. Failing that, the relationship drain would probably be of cataclysmic proportions. I can picture it now:

Vita Alto has both aura's and walks up to Holly.
Vita: "Hi, how are you?"
Holly: "I think we should spend more time apart. -200 relationship"

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »

I thought the red glow disappeared after a sim retired from being an emperor of evil.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
I thought the red glow disappeared after a sim retired from being an emperor of evil.

Both glows disappear when the Sim is retired.  You can't keep them.  As for the emperor of evil glow, it acts the exact same as the blue aura.   An emperor will glow in the presence of a good, friendly, family-oriented Sim to ruin a relationship but it will also glow in the presence of an evil or insane to improve their relationship.